Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation
This game is titled Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation in North America, Europe, and Australia and Ace Combat 6: Kaihou e no Senka in Japan.
Successfully complete the game to unlock the "Music Player", "Scene viewer", "New Game SP", and "Expert Difficulty" options. Additionally, by completing the game 100% and then finishing the newly available downloadable content, "Ace Of Aces" mode becomes unlocked.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding aircraft.
- A-10-2 Thunderbolt: Complete mission 4 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- CFA 44 Nosferatu Fighter: Successfully complete the game under the Hard difficulty setting to unlock the CFA 44 Nosferatu Fighter for purchase at your hangar for $229,500.
- EU Typhoon: Complete mission 12 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- F-117 Nighthawk: Complete mission 10 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- F-14D Tomcat: Complete mission 6 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- F-15E Strike Eagle: Complete mission 9 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- F-16C Fighting Falcon: Available at start.
- F22A Raptor: Mission 13 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- F-2A: Complete mission 6 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- FA-18 Super Hornet: Complete mission 6 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- Mirage 2000: Complete mission 4 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- Panavia Tornado: Complete mission 5 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- Rafale M: Complete mission 9 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- Sukhoi 33 Flanker: Complete mission 8 under the Normal difficulty setting.
- Sukhoi 47 Berkut: Complete mission 13 under the Normal difficulty setting.
Get an "S" rank on all Ace difficulty missions to receive a Gracemerian Emblem Gamerpic.
Successfully complete Campaign mode under the Expert difficulty.
Alternate aircraft colors
Complete the indicated task to unlock new aircraft colors. Note: To change aircraft colors, first purchase a color scheme from the hangar. Then, highlight a particular plane and press Left or Right to select the other color schemes.
- Successfully complete the game under the Normal difficulty setting to unlock the Estovokian color scheme.
- To unlock the Emmerian color scheme, complete "Liberation of Gracemeria" under the Expert difficulty setting with an "S" rank on all operations that you participated in.
- Every mission on a high enough difficulty, such as Hard or higher, has one named ace aircraft. Kill these named aircraft to unlock their SP color scheme. Note: Strigon and Pasternak do not count.
- To unlock the Estovokian color scheme for the CFA-44, purchase all other aircraft in all their different paint schemes (Estovakia, Emmeria, and SP). Once done, the Estovakian CFA-44 will be available for purchase in the hangar.
- To unlock the SP color scheme for the CFA-44, have all "S" ranks in all missions from the Easy through Ace difficulty settings, earn all Operation Medals, have at least 15 Service Medals, have all Enemy Records, and have all Friend Records.
"Heavy Command Cruiser" mission: Easy completion
- Use an aircraft that is XL or XMAA special weapons capable. When first approaching, do not fire. Four KC-10 tankers will take the missiles. Destroy the radars providing the enemy ESM. When Strigon is heard on the radio, maneuver into the back of the hanger in order to trap three to five enemies at their spawn point. Accelerate out the front and take out the flak cannons, followed by any surviving aces. Remember to return to repair often.
- Under the Expert difficulty setting, using allied air support is essential. This will help get Strigons off your back, and clear targets such as AA guns off the cruisers. Keep in mind that the targets on the cruisers are usually either on the bow or stern of the ships. You must face them directly to actually hit them with weapons.
Defeating Pasternak's CFA-44 Nosferatu
If you are going for an "S" rank, take the time to use Allied Attack and Cover to take out some of the UAVs that Pasternak uses to attack you and your squadron. After you have killed about five of the UAVs, concentrate your fire on Pasternak. He is always visible with ESM. This should give you an advantage. Later his ESM will disappear. Pay attention to your radar and use the Right Analog-stick to look around for him.
If you are going without an "S" rank, use Allied Attack directly on Pasternak so that your squadron keeps him busy while you take the shots on him. He always stops to fire his ADMMs; use that as an advantage to your Allied Attacks and missile attacks.
Defeating Strigon Team
In Co-op Stage 1, after you have eliminated the ships out in the sea, a carrier should release the Strigon team. Use this time to have you and your wingmen to take them out from the front or back. If you let them go, the fight will be a lot longer and difficult.
Handling the CFA-44 Nosferatu
The CFA-44 is very unstable. Using High G is useless as that will stall it out quickly. To prevent this from happening, never use High G. The best way to handle this plane is by using the throttle up and down separately.
When doing a high G you will most likely stall. Get some speed and hold [Accelerate] + [Brakes] and pull up. It will just flip very fast. If you are being chased, do that and fire your weapons. Repeat this until your enemy is destroyed. Go to Gracemeria patrol under the Ace, Hard, or Expert difficulty. When the named aircraft appears above the city, go up to him while locking onto someone else and flip over (while pressing Down). Speed up directly above the FA-18 and look up. You should see the pilot. When he looks back up he will pull down then fly out to the ocean. He will then come back but will fire on you. He is a better pilot then Pasternak. Do the last one in the CFA-44 plane.
When using the standard missiles, fire when the "Shoot" icon appears on the HUD. When used in dogfights, the missile will fly in a straight line to where it will make contact with the plane, rather than fly at its 6 o'clock and turn to stay behind them. If the targeted plane is flying right and you fire when the "Shoot" icon appears, the missile will fly off to the right, intercepting it along the target's flight path. The missile will also immediately adjust its flight path if the targeted plane veers off of their line. This works very well against evasive enemies, such as Strigon and Drones. You must aim the nose of your plane to where you can hit your target with your gun or lead the enemy (even if it is out of range) in order to get the "Shoot" icon. Even though it does not guarantee a hit every time, it will greatly increase the chances of making contact against mobile enemies.
Easy Gold Ace medal
Use the CFA-44 Nosferatu's ADMM in the "Liberation of Gracemeria" mission. There are a lot of targets to kill. This mission should give you a boost in enemy kills.
Easy Gold Marksman medal
Play the first mission "Invasion of Gracemeria" for easy gun kills.
Easy Legendary Ace medal
If you are shot down during a mission, you can restart at a checkpoint where you have not taken damage. There is no need to restart the entire mission.
Easy Needle's Eye medal
Play any mission that allows you to capture an enemy airport, then repeatedly land in the airport that you've just captured 10 times. After that, successfully beat the current mission you're playing on.
Easy Record Time medal
Do not play the game under the Easy difficulty setting to unlock this medal. Try completing it in under a time of 2:15 under the Normal difficulty setting.
Easy Sharpshooter medal
Use the A10 Thunderbolt. Destroy everything else, then fly in the same direction as the Agaigon. Position yourself a few hundred feet directly above it. When you are just above and past its cockpit, do a loop de loop. On the down stroke of the loop, aim for the cockpit and fire. Keep executing loop de loops and strafe. Several passes are required.
Team Battle mode: Preventing ESM
If you are in a tight spot because the opposing team is using ESM, concentrate all of your fire on the ESM user. Do not worry about the other planes around you. As for the missiles, flying out of the ESM range will reduce its capabilities.
Team Battle mode: ESM advantage
If you have ESM control, have all of your battles be placed within the ESM range. Having ESM increases your missile capabilities and reduces theirs slightly.
Team Battle mode: Avoiding XLAAs
In Team Battle the thing to do against XLAA users is to attacking them from above. These users are always at or near surface level. Use this to your advantage by going above 24,000 feet in altitude and strike from above.
If you are using the CFA-44 Nosferatu, use its EML Cannon to take the XLAA users out from a distance.
Use the CFA-44 Nosferatu's ADMM in the mission "Liberation of Gracemeria" under Ace difficulty setting. There are a lot of targets and enemies worth a large number of points. You can get a lot of money this way for each completion.
Use the following trick to find Pegas in order to unlock the F-22A special color. Play the "Invasion Of Gracemeria" mission under the Expert or high difficulty setting. Destroy all indicated TGTs within two minutes. Watch near the airfield for some F/A-18s to appear, then shoot them down. Soon after this, a flight of Rafales will appear high above the airfield, along with Pegas at about 25,000 to 30,000 feet.
After completing two operations, he will appear over the last enemy garrison with another flight of enemy fighters. He carries a jammer, and may be difficult to find. He flies at about 10,000 to 25,000 feet.
After you complete two operations, he will be flying directly over Bartalameo Fortress, near the two Strigons that also appear. He and the Strigons will be flying at about 15,000 to 25,000 feet.
- Co-op Stage 2: In Stage 2 Co-op, there is a F-22A flying around after destroying half of the enemy forces. Its name is CERES.
You can see your kill count for a particular aircraft that you used by looking at the diamonds under the aircraft name in the hangar. The small diamonds are one kill, medium diamonds are ten kills, and large diamonds represent one hundred kills.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
misyitab rap nvcwb ucsventy
- All Medals (50 points): All medals attained.
- All Aircraft (30 points): Attain purchasing ability for all aircraft.
- Clear Campaign (20 points): Clear Campaign Mode.
- 10 Operations (10 points): Complete 10 operations.
- All Operations (30 points): Clear all operations.
- 10 Frontline Landings (10 points): Complete 10 total frontline landings.
- Aerial Defense (10 points): Destroy 50 enemies using airborne allied support.
- Ground Defense (10 points): Destroy 50 enemies using ground force allied support.
- Electronic Support System (10 points): Destroy 100 enemies while receiving electronic support.
- 10 Named Aircraft (30 points): Destroy 10 Named Aircraft.
- 1000 Enemies (30 points): Destroy a total of 1000 enemies.
- All Colors (10 points): Attain purchasing ability for all aircraft special colors.
- Original Aircraft (10 points): Attain purchasing ability for original aircraft.
- Allied Assault Record (20 points): Attain complete Emmerian assault record.
- Enemy Assault Record (20 points): Attain complete Estovakian assault record.
- Mission 1 (10 points): Successfully retreat from the fallen capital Gracemeria.
- Mission 2 (10 points): Prevent the aerial bombardment of Vitoze.
- Mission 3 (10 points): Attain victory at Sipli Field.
- Mission 4 (10 points): Destroy Bartolomeo Fortress, and recapture Khesed Island.
- Mission 5 (20 points): Ensure the success of allied ground forces Anea mainland landing.
- Mission 6 (10 points): Rescue allied ground forces cornered in Silvat.
- Mission 7 (10 points): Rescue allied forces amidst Aigaion attack.
- Mission 8 (10 points): Capture the Cavallia Air Force Base, and establish an Aigaion attack point.
- Mission 9 (20 points): Destroy the heavy command cruiser Aigaion.
- Mission 10 (10 points): Capture the Ragno Fortress.
- Mission 11 (10 points): Attain victory in the Moloch Desert invasion.
- All Secrets (30 points): Unlock all hidden contents.
- Battle Royale (10) (10 points): Win 10 Battle Royale matches.
- Battle Royale (30) (20 points): Win 30 Battle Royale matches.
- Battle Royale (50) (30 points): Win 50 Battle Royale matches.
- Battle Royale (100) (40 points): Win 100 Battle Royale matches.
- Team Battle (10) (10 points): Win 10 Team Battle matches.
- Team Battle (30) (20 points): Win 30 Team Battle matches.
- Team Battle (50) (30 points): Win 50 Team Battle matches.
- Team Battle (100) (40 points): Win 100 Team Battle matches.
- CO-OP Stage 1 (25 points): Clear Stage 1 of CO-OP Battle.
- CO-OP Stage 2 (35 points): Clear Stage 2 of CO-OP Battle.
- Siege Battle (10) (10 points): Win 10 Siege Battle matches.
- Siege Battle (30) (20 points): Win 30 Siege Battle matches.
- Siege Battle (50) (30 points): Win 50 Siege Battle matches.
- Siege Battle (100) (40 points): Win 100 Siege Battle matches.
- Online Kills (50) (20 points): Shoot down 50 total other player aircraft online.
- Online Kills (100) (30 points): Shoot down 100 total other player aircraft online.
- Online Kills (200) (50 points): Shoot down 200 total other player aircraft online.
Additionally there are five secret achievements.
- Pasternak Defeated (20 points): Enemy Strigon squadron leader Ilya Pasternak defeated.
- Mission 12 (10 points): Weapons of mass destruction destroyed in transport.
- Mission 13 (20 points): Capital recaptured and liberated.
- Mission 14 (10 points): Capital successfully defended from enemy cruise missile attack.
- Mission 15 (20 points): The Chandelier destroyed, and the war brought to a close.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs