Alone In The Dark (Xbox 360)
Use the following steps to hotwire a car.
- Two wires: Yellow starts it, red turns the lights on
- Three wires: Blue starts it, red turns on the lights, yellow does the horn.
- Four wires: Yellow starts it, red turns on the lights, the other two do nothing.
Finding water bottles
You can find full water bottles at the museum inside the soft drink machines.
Emergency flares can be used to light up a dark area, wielded as a weapon, or combined with other items to make other weapons.
Using Spectral Vision
After unlocking Spectral Vision, switch to first person view and close your eyes. After a few seconds you will hear a sound, indicating that Spectral Vision is active.
Escaping the earthquake while in the car
Let off the gas slightly when you turn, then accelerate when facing the direction you want to travel.
Getting past the evil tree's protective shield
Throw a Molotov cocktail at the root behind the field. It will burn the root, and the shield will disappear.
Episode 5: Attaching the Molotov cocktail to the creature.
Combine sticky tape with the Molotov cocktail bottle. Use the lighter to light the Molotov cocktail and throw it at the small spider-rat creature and it will blow up the egg. Note: Correct timing is required.
Episode 6: Getting past Room 943
If your flashlight is out of power at this point, you can simply wait until it slowly recharges to 10% power so you can see the objects that the ghost of Paddington is pointing to. You can also close your eyes and use Spectral Vision in order to follow the ghost.
Episode 8: Entering the museum
Once you get onto the island and defeat the surge monster, look for a set of pipes close to the entrance on your right. They are closer to the building and not the swings. Carefully walk across the pipes, and jump over the small gap. Note: Do this in third person view.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Blackout (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- Questions (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- Painful Answers (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- Fight Back And Loss (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- Not Alone Anymore (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- The Truth (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- The Path Of Light (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- The Light Bringer (30 points): Finish the episode without skipping any sequence.
- A Day in Central Park (150 points): Complete the game.
- Flaming Roots (25 points): Burn half of the roots of evil.
- Blazing Roots (50 points): Burn all roots of evil.
- Basic Combination (5 points): Tape up a bottle.
- Nuke (25 points): Kill 3 Humanz at once.
- The Smart Fighter (5 points): Kill any Humanz with the "Spray + Lighter" combination.
- The Molotov Cocktail (5 points): Insert a wick into a bottle with flammable content.
- Cocoon (20 points): Burn a cocoon.
- The Air Bomb (5 points): Throw a bottle filled with flammable liquid and shoot it mid-air.
- The Sticky Bomb (5 points): Take a bottle filled with flammable content or a spray and combine it with an adhesive.
- Fire Bullets (5 points): Make a fire bullet by pouring flammable liquid on it.
- The Glowstick Bomb (5 points): Combine a taped bottle filled with flammable content or a spray with a glowstick.
- Useless! (10 points): Combine an empty taped bottle with a wick and an emergency flare.
- Handyman Carnby (30 points): Make all possible combinations in the inventory.
- The Sharpshooter (20 points): Finish off a Humanz by shooting fire bullets at its fissure.
- Demolition Expert (20 points): Build the most destructive weapon.
- Fissure (20 points): Burn a fissure.
- The Biggest of All (25 points): Beat the Museum Monster.
- Goal! (20 points): Kick 10 Ratz.
- Toasted Eggs (20 points): Burn a Ratz nest.
- Vampirz (20 points): Burn one of the Vampirz.
- Fisherman's Foe (10 points): Shoot a goldfish.
- Unlimited Offer (10 points): Call all contacts in your address book.
- Wired (10 points): Hotwire a car.
- Car Thievery (10 points): Unlock a car door after breaking the window.
- Free Gasoline (10 points): Pierce a car gas tank and fill a bottle with the fuel.
- Never Leave a Key Here (10 points): Find a car key in the sun visor.
- The 10 Mile Race (20 points): Drive at least 10 miles with a vehicle.
- Eradication (50 points): Kill 100 Humanz.
- Bloody Mary (10 points): Bandage 5 deep bleeding wounds.
Additionally there are eleven secret achievements.
- Cockpit Addict (20 points): Drive all the way down 59th street in Cockpit view.
- The Blind Man (10 points): Finish the wake up sequence without blinking.
- Meet Again (10 points): Meet Theophile in room 943.
- Revive (10 points): Revive Sarah.
- Stuntman (10 points): Jump across the gap using the tow truck.
- Purification by Fire (10 points): Destroy the Vampirz' nest.
- Countdown to Death (10 points): Stop your wound from bleeding.
- Burning Root (10 points): Burn a root of evil.
- The Path of Darkness (15 points): Kill Sarah.
- The Path of Light (15 points): Don't Kill Sarah.
- Hidden Cave (10 points): Discover the secret of Central Park.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs