Alpha Protocol (Xbox 360)
Successfully complete the game as a Recruit class. The Veteran class starts with three skill points in every category and "Veteran" dialog options.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding weapon.
- Brayko's SMGs: Kill Brayko.
- Brayko's stereo: Spare Brayko.
- Gold assault rifle: Sneak up on Al Samad Lieutenant without any alarms being sounded.
- Gold SMG: Assassinate Brajka.
- Marburg's pistol: Bait Marburg into fighting to the death in the museum.
- Omen's Shotgun: Kill Omen Deng.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Exclusive Interview (+5 Endurance, +500 XP): Romance Scarlet.
- Ladies Man (+5 AP): Complete all four romances.
- No Time For love (+20 Endurance, 20% Endurance Recharge): Have no romances.
- Office Romance (+5 Endurance, +500 XP): Romance Mina.
- Rome-ance (+5 Endurance, +500 XP): Romance Madison.
- Savage Love (-5% Fury, Roomsweep, Iron Will and hard to kill cooldown): Get "assaulted" by selecting SIE as handler in final mission and have reputation higher then 7.
- Thanks But No Thanks (-5% cooldown on Evasion and Iron Will): Refuse SIE's advances.
"Find Your Captors": Getting past the guards
- Wait for a guard to turn his back on you and walk in the opposite direction. Crouchwalk towards him. When you get in range you will get the option of performing a melee takedown. This will result in an instant knockout.
- Be patient times and do not try to walk past the guards if they are walking towards you. Wait until they have done their guard patrol a few times so you know where they are walking to and how long it takes them. Make sure you are not knocking out a guard directly next to where another guard will walk, as that will cause an alert with the remaining guards.
- You can also use a more direct approach by running past the guards to reach the gun in the small control room just past the first guard. However at this point you will have poor accuracy and will probably waste ammunition. You can also choose to melee the guards and take them down with constant strikes.
"Intercept Nasri The Arms Dealer": Unlimited ammunition
Complete the "Defeat Nasri's Guards" objective and remain in that room. Notice that there are three sets of stairs. There is a door behind two of them and another with a table across the top. In front of that table is an random ammunition collectable. This collectable will respawn after approximately thirty seconds.
"Investigate Marburg's Villa": Unlimited ammunition
At the end of the mission, you can find two ammo collectibles in the garden on the north and south sides. They will respawn after you move back to the doors.
- This strategy uses a character with a high pistol skill. You will automatically start behind cover. He will not be able to see you at first. Lean out of cover and fire a shot. Brajka will notice you within a few seconds and begin shooting. Wait until Brajka stops and shoots rather instead of moving, then activate the Chain Shot skill for the pistol. You will get at least two free shots at him, depending on how many points you have put into the pistol skill. Once again, wait until he stops and shoots then line up headshots. After losing about a quarter of his health he will take a drug and run towards you. Stay away from him, as he will hit hard. After about thirty seconds, the lights will change and you will not be able to see momentarily. Use this time to get behind cover. Brajka will now be on the top of the nightclub area, shooting at you. Ignore him and look for three guards appearing from a door. Go to the opposite side of the room and go into cover behind the wall. Kill the three guards. Eventually the lights change and Brajka will move to the same level as you. If you have killed all three guards, move out of cover and move towards him. You may lose some endurance but should not be losing health. Activate Chain Shot if available when you are very close to him. Shoot him twice in the head for decent damage. You must get as close as possible without him being able to hit you. You also must activate Chain Shot before he uses the drug again, because he does not lose health afterwards. As soon as you hit him and he loses health, he will revert back to chasing you with the knife. You can easily outrun him if all three guards were eliminated. Move around in circles and wait for the lights to change. Go back to the cover you were in before and wait for three more guards to appear. Remember to collect the respawning ammunition, and start the process again by killing the three guards (who will continue respawning until Brajka's health reaches a certain point). After a few times of repeating that strategy, Brajka will never go above you but will change tactics faster. You will not have time to activate your weapon skill each time he changes tactics. It is best to wait until you can activate it again. You can shoot him if he is far away from you and cannot get you but allowing your weapon skill to activate again is the better option. Eventually you will get to the stage where he has nearly lost all his health and you activate a conversation with him.
- If you are playing a stealth-based character, make sure you have some flashbang grenades. At the beginning of the fight, take cover. Shoot him with an assault rifle. When he is at about 75% health, run and use Shadow Operative to remain out of his sight. Use Overlocking and throw a flashbang grenade. You now can run near him and fire an assault rifle. When he is at about 25% health, throw another flashbang grenade and finish him off.
- If you are playing a martial arts toughness character, activate Iron Will every time he takes the drugs and charges. Then stay away from him until he is done, then go back to beating on him. Fury does massive damage and he never blocks.
- Go to Taipei first and make a good impression with Steven Heck upon contacting him. Go back to Moscow and purchase the intel for Brajka's mansion to have Heck to spike his drug supply. This lessens the effects of Brajka's "Fury" mode, and will reduce his damage and its duration, as well as making it possible to hurt him during it.
- Attack him head on at the beginning when he is on stage with martial arts. Zigzag between his shots. Circle the crates in the middle of the club when rages and begins to chase you. Keep your distance until he gets tired. Save your first aid kits until they are absolutely necessary.
- Find a stationary position behind cover and take out his men first. Then, concentrate on him with the powered blast (if possible). Once he goes into his surprise attack, keep running around. When he gets tired, he will stop and you can fire rapid shots at his head to do the most damage. After he takes a significant amount of damage or you have killed enough of his men, he will stop running up top and remain at the bottom with no reinforcements. Use the medicine cabinets in the room to heal first before using your own inventory.
Clear out the henchmen that first appear, then run to the gate Darcy is overlooking. Hide behind the packing crates next to the gate. You can get a clear shot at Darcy from there. Shoot him from there and his grenades cannot reach you.
Defeating Omar Deng
- If you some points in shotgun, it may work the best. Use cover and wait until he runs towards you begins to use melee attacks. Hit him once or twice with your fists, then blast away with the shotgun. Take cover, and repeat the process. You can also use an assault rifle instead. If he remains in cover, throw a grenade.
- If you have lots of points in pistol, use Chain Shot and aim for his head with steel-core rounds. If you have Brilliance, it will be easier. Simply activate Brilliance, then use Chain Shot on him again for a quick kill.
Getting the opportunity to kill Westridge
Get a high reputation with Leland using primarily professional responses when talking to him. Before the final mission, accept his offer to join Halbech as chief of security. Westridge will then be your enemy in the final fight.
Easy Boss kills
Get the pistol up to the advanced Chain Shot level. When a Boss sticks their head out, do a five shot Chain Shot to kill it instantly.
When talking to her, keep the responses professional for the most points. When you find intel and get an email from yourself that you can send to Halbech, Blackmarket, or Scarlet, you get a +1 to your reputation for each one sent to Scarlet. You can romance her during "Contact Scarlet" mission.
Sie likes the aggressive stance and you killing people. Also choose her as your handler at every opportunity.
The first few dialogues with her should be professional. Once in your safe house start using the suave responses. Choose her as your handler at the mansion. When she offers to bandage you up, accept. When she goes to bed, check in on her.
Mina likes professional responses. Do not kill innocents, police, or operatives during missions.
Customize appearance again
You can customize your character's appearance again by going to the bathroom.
Easy "Crime Buster" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360
- To rejoin Alpha protocol, turn down Halbech's offer and tell Parker about Madison. When you catch back up to Halbech, use the humiliation option in the dialogue.
- Kill or capture Leland and do not encounter Westridge at the end of the game.
Easy "Never Trust A Sociopath" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 Make Steven Heck really dislike you. Do this by generally being professional, telling him to "shut the f**k) up", and taking safer "no casualties" approach to missions. Also ignore his request for a favor in one of the missions. Visit him last in the Taipei missions, and act professional. He will be annoyed that you saw him last. Then select aggressive, threatening, impatient, threatening, and aggressive. You will then get an email once you return to the hideout, and then can tell him to "shut up". In the Hotel mission, choose discreet. Steve will call you a "wet blanket" and give you a negative reputation. Do not delete his file from the servers another negative reputation. When intercepting the assassination plans (in the conversation before the short intermission of you hopping on the bike to leave your hideout), choose professional.
Easy "Price For Lying" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 After assaulting Brayko's mansion and learning of Surkov's deceit, you will get a mission to infiltrate his dummy corporation in order to find him. You will automatically engage in conversation with him once you have reached a certain point in the mission. At this point, choose the negatives responses (one may be a professional stance) to provoke him into ordering his bodyguard to attack you. Alternately, select the attack option outright to ensure you get to have the opportunity to kill him. Continue the mission until you are outside. Another automatic conversation with Surkov will begin. Choose the execute option during the conversation to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Thorton, Inc. " achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 You must befriend any character that gives you the dialog option to execute (Surkov, Parker, SIE, Omen Deng, and Albatross). Then, at the end of the game you must agree to join Halbec. After you defeat Yancy, betray Leland.
Easy "Youth Trumps Experience" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360
- In order to get Marburg to fight to the death in Rome, your reputation with him must be at -6 (Animosity) or lower. You must also goad him during the final conversation of the encounter with the "suave" conversation options.
- Use suave and taunt stances with him, kill people on your missions, and choose to save Madison in the museum. When fighting him in the museum, choose the taunt stances. Being friends with Sie will also result in a -2 to your reputation with him.
- Choose mostly suave stances in dialogs from the start of the game, especially with Marburg. Keep selecting suave stances during and after the fight to provoke him into continuing. If you do not kill him there, collect Marburg's and Parker's dossiers to unlock a new option during the last mission and fight him in the server room.
- Let Marburg go in Rome and get Madison's secret fact. Contact Parker in the Graybox to make him and Marburg shoot each other. You can then finish off Marburg, however if you kill him in Rome you will get his pistol.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
wdral iute, atfbyes
- Operation True Heirs (75 points): Complete Operation True Heirs.
- Basic Training (50 points): Complete the Training Mission.
- Alpha Protocol (75 points): Complete Operation Desert Spear.
- Operation Blood Feud (75 points): Complete Operation Blood Feud.
- Operation Deus Vult (75 points): Complete Operation Deus Vult.
- Full Circle (125 points): Complete Alpha Protocol.
- Hardcore (25 points): Complete Alpha Protocol on Hard difficulty setting.
- Evolution of an Action Hero (10 points): Complete the Alpha Protocol using the Recruit background.
- Desert Spear (25 points): Assassinate Sheikh Shaheed.
- Ask Questions First, Shoot Later (15 points): Refrain from killing in cold blood.
- Judge, Jury, and Executioner (15 points): Let your gun do the talking.
- Thorton, Inc. (10 points): Turn all your enemies into allies in one single career.
- Ladies' Man (10 points): Romance all the ladies in Alpha Protocol in a single career.
- No Time For Love (20 points): Complete the game without being seduced.
- Hard to Read (10 points): Use each stance at least 25% across 90 dialogue stance choices.
- Social Butterfly (10 points): Gain Liked reputation status of 3 people (who must all Like you at the same time).
- Antisocial (10 points): Get 3 people to hate you (who must all hate you at the same time).
- Ready For Anything (5 points): Acquire the vast majority of Intel available in the game.
- Pistol Mastery (5 points): Score 100 Critical Hits with the Pistol.
- SMG Havoc (5 points): Achieve the maximum SMG Critical Hit Multiplier 7 times in your career.
- Shotgun Crowd Control (5 points): Score 100 Critical Hits with the Shotgun.
- Assault Rifle Marksmanship (5 points): Score 100 head shots with the Assault Rifle.
- Black Belt (5 points): Defeat 50 enemies with CQC.
- Lurker (5 points): Evade or Takedown 75 enemies across your career.
- One With The Shadows (5 points): Complete 3 missions with less than 5 kills and with no enemies alerted to your presence.
- Technophile (5 points): Complete 5 missions wherein 6 different gadgets are used.
- Building a Deadlier Mousetrap (5 points): Have 100 placed devices detonate.
- Breaking and Entering (5 points): Pick 10 locks.
- Circuit Breaker (5 points): Bypass 20 electronic devices.
- Data Theft (5 points): Hack 10 computers.
Additionally there are twenty secret achievements.
- Friends Before Strangers (25 points): You saved Madison Saint James from certain death.
- Hard Choices (25 points): The Roman History Museum is safe, thanks to your efforts.
- Keeping the Peace (25 points): You prevented a riot from killing hundreds in Taipei.
- Secret Service (25 points): You prevented the assassination of President Ronald Sung.
- Stay of Execution (25 points): You allowed Sheikh Shaheed to live.
- No Compromise, No Mercy (25 points): Choosing your own path, you put an end to Halbech and Alpha Protocol.
- Savage Love (5 points): You gained the affection of SIE and allowed her to consummate her lust.
- Exclusive Interview (5 points): You and Scarlet Lake had a romantic trist.
- Crime Buster (25 points): You reconciled with Alpha Protocol and put Halbech out of business.
- Rising Star (25 points): You joined Halbech and put an end to Alpha Protocol.
- Price For Lying (5 points): You killed Surkov for lying to you.
- Russian Alliance (5 points): You forged a partnership with Sergei Surkov.
- A Price On Mercy (25 points): You spared Konstantin Brayko.
- One Less Gangster (25 points): Konstantin Brayko is dead by your hand.
- Youth Trumps Experience (5 points): By carefully pushing his buttons, you provoked Marburg into fighting to the death.
- Respected Enemies (5 points): You gained Marburg's respect and bested him in battle.
- Never Trust A Sociopath (5 points): You successfully alienated "secret agent" Steven Heck.
- A Plot Uncovered (5 points): You discovered the identity of Sung's assassin.
- Office Romance (5 points): Your working relationship with Mina Tang turned into something more.
- Rome-ance (5 points): You became more than friends with Madison Saint James.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs