Armored Core 4 (Xbox 360)
Successfully complete a chapter to unlock the hard difficulty setting for any mission in that chapter. Press LB or RB to toggle between chapters and then press X to switch between the normal and hard difficulty for any mission.
Easy money and schematics
Select a good AC to start with then get to at least
Chapter 3. Start fighting the sim ACs in the ACSIS menu. A good
amount of money is given out per fight, and as a bonus you get
the defeated AC's emblem and schematic. You can use the defeated
AC schematics to defeat more ACs because you only need a buildable
AC to start a mission, and not a sim. The only drawback is that
you can only use AC schematics that can be tuned to a certain
level. If you have enough points to tune the AC up then you can
use it, otherwise it will be highlighted in red instead of yellow
or white. You can also use schematics earned in the sim online.
Easy "B" and "S" ranks
- Play until you are able to buy the OGOTO grenade cannon. Purchase it and a good supporting arm weapon on the opposite side so you can use them at the same time. For example, try the earliest machine gun model. Because almost all missions have a high ammo use quota, you can use the grenade cannon and the secondary gun very effectively. Use the arm weapon to kill any small mechs or weak Normals that usually die within a few hits. Use the grenade cannon on clusters of Normals or big targets. By doing this you will never go over ammo quota if you are accurate with your shots and you will complete missions very quickly. The grenade cannon is also extremely effective against the simulator fights. Equip a good generator and low cost boosters, fly into the air, and rain hellfire down on the opposing AC. Their health should diminish quickly, even with high AP. Beware of missile-using ACs, as you are a sitting duck for those in mid-air, unless you have anti-missile shoulder attachments or are able to quick-boost out of the way. this strategy makes a good portion of the game easy, especially missions where you can ignore the bulk of the opposition to annihilate two to four specific targets with your grenade cannon.
- Pay attention to the Quota limits (Time, AP/Health, and Ammo) and stay under them. Use energy weapons and be as fast as possible. Dodge frequently and get as many hits as possible. Try using weapons such as the ALTAIR, CANOPUS, both hand laser rifles, and dual SIRIUS back mounted laser cannons. If your target is big and slow and you can avoid its incoming fire, use a blade to save ammunition.
Easy game progression and money
For an easy-to-use, well balanced AC, start off with the TELLUS model when you begin the Single Player mode. This AC will have a weak machine-gun in its right arm weapon slot, and a powerful laser rifle in its left arm weapon slot. When you get to the menu screen where you can select the first mission, choose the ACSIS button on the right side of the screen to enter the AC Customization Garage. Open up the Weapon menu and select the arm that has the machine-gun. Scroll through available weaponry for that arm until you locate another laser rifle like the one equipped to your left arm and equip it. With these two laser rifles equipped, you will have plenty of firepower to take down just about anything that gets in your way. Taking out enemy MTs, Normals, and Nexts will be easy once you refine your piloting skills. Do the first mission, which is basically a chance for you to get a little combat experience and test out your AC in a real setting as opposed to the blue-toned AC Test area in your garage. After completing the first mission, many new parts will become available for purchase. However, your current model is still more than powerful enough to do all of the Chapter 2 missions. Save your money. Finish all of the Chapter 2 missions. Do not go on the Desert Wolf mission until you have finished all the others or you will miss out on cash and possible parts. More parts will become available, as will some units of FMS Memory for customization of your AC. Go back to the ACSIS. Go to the Assembly menu and find your generator. Scroll through until you find a generator with a capacity of about 90,000. Equip it. Then, scroll through further until you reach the stabilizer section. A window will appear with two options "Auto" and "Manual". Select "Manual", then scroll down to the "Tune" area. This will bring up the AC FMS Distributions menu. Find the section that has the area of "Generator Capacity" (or "EN Capacity"). Distribute as much of your FMS memory there as possible. If you have extra and you like to equip very heavy back weapons, add a few to your AC's load to increase the amount of weight your legs can handle before the "Weight Alert" warning appears and your mobility is greatly reduced. Save the changes to your schematics and go to the AC Test area. You will instantly notice that you can now Air Boost, Quick Boost, and Over Boost for much longer. This also means you have more energy to spare for your AC's laser rifles, so you can combine both quick flying and quick firing of your rifles very effectively. Another good way to make your AC even more daunting is to find a good-quality booster. Try to equip your AC with as many boosters as possible that have "efficiency" in their descriptions. The most powerful booster available has a boost cost that is highly disproportional. Look for the one that has slightly less boost power and about half its cost. This will make flying your AC even easier, and enable long-term flight. If done correctly, you can stay airborne for about thirty seconds, and Over Boost for about five seconds. To get more money, go to the Simulator menu of the ACSIS. You can take on multiple AC's one-on-one (the ones that your game displays whenever "Now Loading
" appears) for cash, FMS memory, and parts. They appear in packs of two to four. Not only will you get money for each individual AC you defeat, but you also get more cash upon completing an entire pack of enemy ACs, and usually five FMS memory, a new part, and occasionally a new pack. From here on out, you will have plenty of cash for your customizations. The best thing about the parts system is that you can buy a part from the shop and still sell it back for the exact price you bought it for. This means you can customize as much as desired, try different weapons on missions, and have absolutely no negative effects on your cash flow. The Icebreaker Defense and Water Gliding missions are especially difficult, and will probably require more than one attempt, but after finishing Chapter 3, you will receive even more parts, cash and FMS memory.
If you are having problems with a tough AC in either the simulator or a mission, equip two laser rifles that fire at the same rate and hammer the AC. The ones shaped like drops of water are recommended. Laser weapons strip AC's of their primal armor and still does massive damage. This will not work on another energy weapon-using AC though, such as Stiletto (has high-power EN weapons and high AP). To counter that, get bigger or as big guns and decent AP, and outmaneuver them. On some ACs it is easy. With Stiletto, fight on the level with the solar dishes and use them as cover. You should be able to out maneuver her easily.
"Marche Au Supplice": Easy completion
This is the only mission where you must fight multiple ACs, four at a time. There are two forms of it. In normal mode this is easy. There are at least two other ACs helping you to break up the fight. Target one enemy AC at a time. Use an arm gun and the large long-barreled shoulder cannon and rain fire down on them. If all goes perfectly, they will not fire a shot at you. In hard mode, things get complicated. You will enter the fight being told there are others that will help you, but they are already dead. It is now one on four and you are up against the top Originals in the game. Get some good legs, equip two laser rifles with good ammo, and two long-barrel cannons on your back. You need double weapons because you are taking down four ACs and ammo is essential. Also increase your boost stats and equip some low-cost boosters on everything but over boost (which is useless in Campaign mode). The enemies are all lightweight and armor ACs. Once their primal armor is down they are fodder for your cannons. Use the buildings to your advantage and chip away at their PA with your laser rifles. Once they are down or close to down, unload on the AC with only one of your cannons to conserve ammunition. The cannons should tear apart their light armor. Repeat the steps while using the buildings for cover and you should win with relative ease.
Lokd Next Layout custom AC
This build lacks a good amount of AP at 32,808 but has plenty of firepower to end a battle in less than a minute.
- Head: HD-HOLOFERNES
- Core: SALAF-CORE
- Arms: A06-AURORA
- Legs: SALAF-LEGS
- FCS: INBLUE
- Generator: GAN01-SS-G
- Main: 03-AALIYAH/M
- Back: GAN01-SS-B.CG
- Side: AB-JUDITH
- Over: KB-JUDITH (does not matter, this build is not meant to OB)
- Arm Unit R: N/A
- Arm Unit L: N/A
- Back Unit R: BM05-LAMIA
- Back Unit L: BM05-LAMIA
- Shoulder: SM01-SCYLLA
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Chapter 1 (20 points): Complete Chapter 1.
- Chapter 2 (30 points): Complete Chapter 2.
- Chapter 3 (30 points): Complete Chapter 3.
- Chapter 4 (50 points): Complete Chapter 4.
- Chapter 5 (50 points): Complete Chapter 5.
- Chapter 6 (100 points): Complete Chapter 6.
- Normal Difficulty (50 points): Complete all Normal Missions.
- Hard Difficulty (50 points): Complete all Hard Missions.
- Mission Rank A (10 points): Achieve Total Mission Rank A.
- Mission Rank S (20 points): Achieve Total Mission Rank S.
- GA Pack-A (30 points): Complete the "SDGA RANK-A" data pack.
- GA Pack-B (30 points): Complete the "SDGA RANK-B" data pack.
- Rosenthal Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-E001 ROS-OME" data pack.
- Rayleonard Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-C001 RAY" data pack.
- Akvavit Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-C002 AKV" data pack.
- BFF Pack-A (30 points): Complete the "SDBFF RANK-A" data pack.
- BFF Pack-B (30 points): Complete the "SDBFF RANK-B" data pack.
- Leone Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-B001 LEO" data pack.
- Aldra Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-B002 ALD-MEL" data pack.
- Eqbal Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-A001 EQB-TEC" data pack.
- Maghrib Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-X002 MAGHRIB" data pack.
- All Data Packs (50 points): Complete all data packs.
- 01 Berlioz (10 points): Complete the Marche Au Supplice mission on Hard.
- 03 Anjou (10 points): Complete the Jardin De Chevalier mission on Hard.
- 05 Mary Shelley (10 points): Complete the Empress mission on Hard.
- 14 Sherring (10 points): Complete the Sea Of Blood mission on Hard.
- Amazigh (10 points): Complete the Desert Wolf mission on Hard.
- Sus (10 points): Complete the Up In Flames mission on Hard.
- Ursragna (10 points): Complete the Juggernaut mission on Hard.
- Sol Dios (10 points): Complete the Sol Dios mission on Hard.
- 00-Aretha (10 points): Complete the Seed A Barren Earth mission on Hard.
Additionally, there are eight secret achievements.
- Special Pack (30 points): Complete the "NDP-S001" data pack.
- 02 Sadhana (10 points): Complete the Ego Boost mission on Hard.
- 06 Celo (10 points): Complete the Seed A Barren Earth mission on Hard (defeat second enemy next).
- 09 Sir Maurescu (10 points): Complete the Line Of Defense mission on Hard.
- 10 Menno Ruh (10 points): Complete the Internal Purge mission on Hard.
- 19 Francisca (10 points): Complete the Silent Avalanche mission on Hard.
- 25 Borisovich (10 points): Complete the Sandstorm Citadel mission on Hard.
- Total Mission Rank SS (30 Points): Achieve Total Mission Rank SS.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs