Assassin's Creed (PlayStation3)
Successfully complete the game. When the Memory Blocks are played again in Story mode you can kill anyone without penalties. Additionally, you will be able to use Eagle Vision at any time regardless of Synchronization levels inside of the Animus.
Defeating Al Mualim
When you first engage in combat mode against him (after fighting the duplicates of Al Mualim) lock on to him by pressing LT
Xbox 360 or L2
PlayStation3 . Quickly equip the hidden blade before attacking. Wait for a counter and you will defeat him with the first blow you hit him. Note: This is after you fight Al Mualim when he makes about six duplicates of himself.
Defeating the Master
- When fighting the Master he will take away your ability to use radar and make it difficult to see. This also allows him to hit you once and kill you. Lock on to him and use a throwing knife against him. This will take away his power to blind you and make him easier to kill.
- The first part is simple. Take your sword out, as you will be fighting all your previous assassination targets. They are fairly easy to kill. Only one counter is required to kill each of them. For the second part, as soon as Al Mualim releases you, use your Eagle Vision. The real Al Mualim is the one in yellow. Focus your attacks on him. In the third part, Al Mualim takes away your synchronization bar and radar, allowing him to kill you in one hit. Take out your throwing knives. Look for the Piece of Eden in his hand. Once you see him, throw a knife at him. Thenm just counterattack/grab break him. Keep repeating this until he says, "Damn you Altair!" Finish him off with your hidden blade, or keep attacking him with your sword until he is dead.
- When Al Mualim gets ready for the final part of the battle immediately after his third speech, lock on to him and equip your hidden blade. Move closer to him and when he is ready to attack, counter him to score an instant kill. He will fall to the ground and you can easily assassinate him without chasing him all over the courtyard. However, only do this if you have mastered the use of your counter attacks.
Defeating William of Montferrat in Acre
After the guards (or most of them) leave William, drop down from the castle and slay William. Afterward, "de-target" or deselect, and run up into the castle buildings and battlement to get away. This is the fastest way of completing the mission.
When initiating combat against a Templar, press L1
PlayStation3 or LB
Xbox 360 to lock on to him. Then, quickly equip the hidden blade. Wait for him to attack you so that you can counter attack, killing him in one blow. This is better than the sword fight. When sword fighting if you counter, you will only knock him down and not kill the Templar.
The easiest way to kill a Templar is to counter. When they get knocked down, switch to the hidden blade and stab them.
Escaping from guards
Go to a high roof when chased. Kill the guards that appear. After a few kills they will either run or give up.
tvbdai vyibavl bavhvd eaymrgr
- Note: Only attempt this technique if they are fluent in the Rank 2 skill "Counter" and they have enough synchronization bars (a.k.a., life bars). One and a half rows of bars will do. When in battle, equip your hidden blade. With this equipped, all of your counters will score an instant kill. You can even instantly kill tougher ranked guards (for example, the Teutonic guards in Acre when hunting Sebrand). Also, most of the time using the hidden blade in battle will scare the last one or two (even three if you are lucky) guards, causing them to run away. However because you do not have a weapon that is sufficient enough to block a full sized enemy blade, all incoming attacks will hurt you.
- When in battle, if you see a guard you are fighting physically emote in any way (for example, taunting you or cowering in fear), press [Low Profile Assassinate] while facing them to score an instant kill without having to counter.
- The best weapon for more than four guards or thugs is the Short Blade.
- Sometimes the guards will beat up on you and it would seem as if your timing is off using the counter attack. To create a little breathing room, tap [Action/Use Your Weapon/Attack] twice, then "grab and push" the guard. Disregard the guard you grabbed and pushed, and attack the others using the same technique. There are two ways you can finish them. The first is, after you "grabbed and pushed" all of them, use a strong attack. They will fall quickly. The second method is to "grab and push" them again. They will not get up again.
Attack with a weapon, then press [Attack] again when you hear the sounds of the swords clashing. Timing is important, and it may be easier with the short blade instead of the sword.
In order to do a frenzy attack, equip either the short blade or the sword. Once equipped, if you are facing a large number of guards, just keep attacking them, bouncing one attack to one enemy then attacking the next. If one of the enemies tries to attack you, while attacking another guard quickly press R1 then Square
PlayStation3 or RB then X
Xbox 360 . This will allow you to attack while quickly countering enemies. Another way is when the enemy dodges your attack then follows-up another attack. Do the same thing, but make sure your timing is good enough to allow you to survive even if there are six or more guards.
Hidden Blade counter
You can fight with your Hidden Blade out to counter. It cannot block. However, if you counter your enemy will die instantly.
After you get the "target" to a safe area to "interrogate" them, punch them first then "grab" them for faster completions. It will take about two grabs to quickly finish them. However, into the last three quarters of the game you may have to grab them up to, but exceeding, four times.
Dr. Vidic's computer
To access Dr. Vidic's computer and emails, before starting Memory Block 5, walk up behind him and press any button to steal his pen.
- Wait until your target stops to look behind him, then pickpocket him.
- Drop a guard and place the body somewhere in public. When people gather around to look at that body, go around and pickpocket them from behind.
- To get throwing knives, walk by the person you want to pickpocket, lock on then as they walk by, then quickly pickpocket them and walk away.
- To pickpocket a document, lock on and follow your target. When they look over their shoulder, keep walking but do not go past them. When they turn their head forward again, pickpocket them.
- When you go to bed after Memory Block 3, you will notice your closet door is open. Hit any button to get a piece of paper Desmond notes as a code. The code will unlock your bedroom door which will allow you to be able to go out as often as you like after you are put to bed, as well as to open the meeting room area. You can also pick up various items to unlock Lucy's password.
- Successfully complete the game and allow the credits to end. You will be given the access code for the computer attached to the Animus. Hack the computer to access an inbox, outbox, and deleted message. Look at the inbox and choose the email about the conference room. You can go to the conference room and access it via the keypad.
One item you can pick up after being able to unlock your bedroom door is Lucy's password. You can then investigate her e-mails, which entail a short secondary story line. After you complete the last Memory Block, go back outside your room. Go to Lucy's computer. In "Deleted Items" is an e-mail which entails her talking to someone about a rescue, then the last reply comes back as:
WondEr Why It is everyone Laughs at you? i'll Let you guess. let's just say she's proBably gEtTing it bigger and better from someone else tHat isn't you. how can you hope to compEte? REst asSured there are sOme gOod ways. click the liNk to see!
Removing the capital letters out of the message decodes the message as
WE WILL BE THERE SOON
After killing Al Muaiam and returning to the real world, listen to the conversation about how they going to kill you. Turn on your Eagle Vision and look at the floor. There are some mixed up letters on both sides of the Amnius. You should see on the side closest to the main door:
M O R Y M N O E S E N C E O L C H T H O N B T L O T C T D E O S A T O A P E D S N L S T F L D D U O O E T E E A I E I R I N T H S H K T T K E R T U A A A N S S A
To decode this, start reading at the bottom right hand corner to the top right hand corner, so you will start at "A" and stop at "S". It will spell a real word. Do this for all of the columns and it will read:
ARTEFACTS SENT TO THE SKIES TO CONTROL ALL NATIONS TO MAKE US OBEY A HIDDEN CRUSADE DO NOT HELP THEM
Next, do the same thing to the mixed letters on the other side of the Amnius:
A D R H O O D T M W H B I T D O E U S Y S I N S E A R O O M R E A Y N R I S E Y T N I D L M I D E T W I H W Y I E A U D A Y H T
It will spell out:
THEY DRAINED MY SOUL AND MADE IT THEIRS I DRAINED MY BODY TO SHOW YOU WHERE I SAW IT.
Maximize efforts for each city
To lower the time needed to complete the game and to decrease the difficulty of each major assassination, do the following in order (with the exception of Masyaf).
- Visit the Assassin's Guild.
- Scan the city by first climbing all of the view points.
- Rescue all the citizens from the thugs. You will need the help after a major assassination.
- Complete all of the informant's missions (to get all the valuable information you can).
- Pickpocket the shysters in all of the pickpocket missions (for information to the Guild).
- When all of these are completed, go back to the Assassin's Guild and get ready for the major assassination mission.
Travel to the southwestern-most vigilantes in the poor district of Damascus. On one of the buildings around them, you should see an outcropping in the wall, climb on it and you will see that it looks exactly like G1 Optimus Prime in vehicle mode. Note that there may be more than one outcropping in the area, so look carefully. If you lose sight of the vigilantes, you have gone too far. Also, these types of structures can be found throughout the poor district. (Screenshot)
, , and
Easy "Eagle's Flight" achievement or trophy
- Get into a fight with a group of weaker guards (for example, those in the poor district of Damascus). Kill all but three of them. Then, hold [Block] for ten minutes.
- Lure a group of guards into an area that has vigilantes loyal to you because of the people you saved. Allow the vigilantes to fight the guards while you wait out the required ten minutes.
- Towards the end of the game in Arsuf, you will be greeted by Saladin's soldiers and Templars. This is an ideal location to unlock this achievement or trophy.
- Regardless if your status is red or yellow, as long as guards are chasing you it will count as an open conflict. You can simply start a fight and climb to a high viewpoint and perch there for ten miutes.
When you go to Jerusalem and do the assassination with the guards surrounding you, do not try to fight them off. Instead, turn around and run up the ladder to get to the second floor. A short intermission sequence will show your target running away and up another ladder. Hold R1 + X and run across the chandeliers. The ladder will be to the right. Run up the ladder and another short intermission sequence will show your target on top of another building. Chase him down and have your wrist blade enabled (press Up) Then, press L1 to lock onto your target while still chasing him down. When you get close enough, the word "Assassinate" will appear for Square in the upper right of the screen. Press it and you will complete your task. After another intermission sequence, evade the guards by jumping onto building roofs, hiding, etc. Make your way over to the bureau to complete the memory.
Use the following trick for easy guard fights while saving a citizen. When trying to "save a citizen", run in, assassinate one guard with your hidden blade, then lock onto the closest guard and hold R1. When the guard comes in to attack, press Square to parry and kill the guard in usually one smooth, clean move. Repeat this for all guards to avoid taking damage.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs