Baldur's Gate: Tales Of The Sword Coast (PC)
Press [Print Screen] to save the current screen
in the "scrnshot" sub-directory in the game directory.
- Use the following trick to get to level 20. Create a new character. Use the "Create item" code and create BOOK03 through BOOK08 to increase your character's Constitution, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma, and Wisdom to 25 each. Then, use the experience cheat to get your character to their highest level. Before you go on make sure you can use Dual-Class, but do not use it yet. If you cannot, try killing some people to lose reputation and lose your class (become fallen). Dual-Class may work now. If it does, export your character. Uninstall the game and just install Baldur's Gate. Now when that is done, just start a new game, import your character, and use Dual-Class . If it worked the game will say you gained a level. When you click "Level up" it will bring your new class up to 20 levels. Note: This takes some time to do. To make the first part faster, use the "Create item" code, make MAGE06 and equip the item.
- When you first start the game and reach the load screen, there is a "Mission Pack Save". You can export the party leader. Enter his biography and click the "Export" option. Then, start a new game and import him back in. If you done correctly, he will be your starting character and you will have all of the armor and equipment he owns.
- Enable the CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() code. Find Oblek in Naskhel. He will offer you gp. Do not accept it. You will get a reputation point instead. However, after it is over kill him by pressing [Ctrl]+ Y when he is highlighted. His body will have 3000 gp.
- Kill any unimportant NPCs that have weapons or armor. They will also have gp and other items.
- Spawn a creature by enabling the CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("<name>") code and kill them any way desired. Note: Using [Ctrl] + Y to kill them will not result in an experience point gain. A good monster would probably be the Flaming Fist Wizard and Flaming Fist Mercenary.
- Use the following trick to obtain a lot gems and sell them. You will need any potion and a gem. Go to your bag and put the gem and the potion in the quick items slot. For example, put the potion in the first square of the quick items and the gem in the second square. Select the potion and exchange it with the gem. Exit your bag. In the quick items you will see two potions. Click the first potion, which is actually the gem. Go to your bag, change the potion and the gem again. Exit your bag and you will see two potions again. In this example, click the second square for the gem, even though you see the potion. Go to your bag and you will have a lot of gems that you can sell anywhere.
Buy Potions of Perception for your thief. You can also have someone cast Find Traps when in locations such as Durlag's Tower.
Concentrate on magical attacks: Try to weaken them with as much magical damage as possible per round until you finally kill them.
Funny character comments
If you right click on any character in your party (all
except for the main character) nine times, they will say four
different funny things. They each have three original voices when
they are selected, but after they say them all three times, they
will say very strange things.
If you like going to the taverns and buying drinks
to find information for your journal, you can remove your intoxication
by saving and reloading your game, even after the bartender refuses
to give you any more drinks.
After clicking on a loot item in a chest or on the ground, if you see it flash rapidly do not click on it a second time. Immediately click on something else to prevent items from disappearing.
This trick can duplicate any item that can be "stacked" in the inventory, but only works on the original unpatched version of the game. One of its best uses is to duplicate gems to create an unlimited source of gold. Place a Potion of Healing in one of the quick item slots. Open the inventory screen, replace it with a gem, then immediately return to the game screen. The image of the potion should still appear in that slot, but the gem's name should appear on the "Help" scroll if the pointer highlights that slot. Click on the gem once, wait for the target pointer to disappear from your character, then click the gem a second time. After the target pointer disappears again, return to the inventory screen. The number of gems in that slot should now be 65352 instead of 1. Do not stack any additional gems in that slot or the CPU will reset the total to 20.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs