Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)
Begin a new game and play until Treasure Trove Cove is unlocked without transforming at Mumbo's hut in any world. Collect the Jigsaw piece from the Underwater Castle in Treasure Trove Cove. Enter the sand castle after lowering the water. Enter one of the following codes on the floor tiles. The sound of a cow will be heard as confirmation each time a letter is entered. Another sound will confirm complete entry of the code. Note: If a mistake is made during code entry, Banjo must exit the castle, then reenter and start all over with CHEAT followed by the rest of the code. Note: The location-based cheats will only work if you have already been to the respective levels. Additionally, if the life bar is red when the "8 honeycombs" code is entered, the red Honeycombs will disappear and must be earned again. Warning: If you use more than two codes that are not related to eggs or keys, Grunty may erase your saved game.
Each time you enter the letter "C", "H", "E", "A", or "T" you will hear moo.
Xbox 360 Enabling the following cheat codes will prevent the game from being saved, and will prevent entry on the leaderboard. The Cheato Codebook codes can be used once he is found without killing your game (BLUEEGGS, REDFEATHERS, GOLDFEATHERS and the other five related to obtaining 20 gold feathers, 100 red feathers, and 200 eggs).
|Unlimited red feathers||CHEATNOWYOUCANFLYHIGHINTHESKY|
|Unlimited blue eggs||CHEATBANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS|
|100 Mumbo tokens||CHEATDONTBEADUMBOGOSEEMUMBO|
|Unlimited gold feathers||CHEATAGOLDENGLOWTOPROTECTBANJO|
|Unlock gate in desert level||CHEATADESERTDOOROPENSWIDEANCIENTSECRETSWAITINSIDE|
|Shark Island raised||CHEATOUTOFTHESEAITRISESTOREVEALMORESECRETPRIZES|
|Ice key available||CHEATNOWYOUCANSEEANICEICEKEYWHICHYOUCANHAVEFORFREE|
|Green egg available||CHEATAMIDSTTHEHAUNTEDGLOOMASECRETINTHEBATHROOM|
|Blue egg available||CHEATDONTYOUGOANDTELLHERABOUTTHESECRETINHERCELLAR|
|Red egg available||CHEATTHISSECRETYOULLBEGRABBININTHECAPTAINSCABIN|
|Yellow egg available||CHEATNOWBANJOWILLBEABLETOSEEITONNABNUTSTABLE|
|Fly pad available||CHEATYOUWONTBESADNOWYOUCANUSETHEFLYPAD|
|Shock Jump pad available||CHEATYOULLBEGLADTOSEETHESHOCKJUMPPAD|
|Open Note Door 2 in main lair||CHEATTHESEGORIGHTONTHROUGHNOTEDOORTWO|
|Open Note Door 3 in main lair||CHEATNOTEDOORTHREEGETINFORFREE|
|Open Note Door 4 in main lair||CHEATTAKEATOURTHROUGHNOTEDOORFOUR|
|Open Note Door 5 in main lair||CHEATUSETHISCHEATNOTEDOORFIVEISBEAT|
|Open Note Door 6 in main lair||CHEATTHISTRICKSUSEDTOOPENNOTEDOORSIX|
|Open Note Door 7 in main lair||CHEATTHESEVENTHNOTEDOORISNOWNOMORE|
|Raise the two pipes by Clanker's Cavern||CHEATBOTHPIPESARETHERETOCLANKERSLAIR|
|Raise large pipe by Clanker's Cavern||CHEATYOULLCEASETOGRIPEWHENUPGOESAPIPE|
|Open grill by Clanker's Cavern for Click Clock Wood picture||CHEATONCEITSHONEBUTTHELONGTUNNELGRILLEISGONE|
|Click Clock Wood Jiggy podium is available||CHEATDONTDESPAIRTHETREEJIGGYPODIUMISNOWTHERE|
|Open grill blocking Rusty Bucket Bay picture||CHEATTHEGRILLEGOESBOOMTOTHESHIPPICTUREROOM|
|Open grill in Witch Statue near Bubblegloop Swamp||CHEATSHESANUGLYBATSOLETSREMOVEHERGRILLEANDHAT|
|Remove ice cube blocking Freezeezy Peak picture||CHEATITSYOURLUCKYDAYASTHEICEBALLMELTSAWAY|
|Remove webs that block doors||CHEATWEBSSTOPYOURPLAYSOTAKETHEMAWAY|
|Smash Grunty face's eye||CHEATGRUNTYWILLCRYNOWYOUVESMASHEDHEREYE|
|Water level already high||CHEATUPYOUGOWITHOUTAHITCHUPTOTHEWATERLEVELSWITCH|
|Remove gate blocking path to the crypt by Mad Monster Mansion||CHEATYOUWONTHAVETOWAITNOWTHERESNOCRYPTGATE|
|Remove coffin lid in the crypt by Mad Monster Mansion||CHEATTHISSHOULDGETRIDOFTHECRYPTCOFFINLID|
|Remove breakable walls||CHEATTHEYCAUSETROUBLEBUTNOWTHEYRERUBBLE|
|Treasure Trove Cove level unlocked||CHEATTHISCOMESINHANDYTOOPENSOMEWHERESANDY|
|Clanker's Cavern level unlocked||CHEATTHERESNOWHEREDANKERTHANINWITHCLANKER|
|Mad Monster Mansion level unlocked||CHEATTHEJIGGYSNOWMADEWHOLEINTOTHEMANSIONYOUCANSTROLL|
|Gobi's Valley level unlocked||CHEATGOBISJIGGYISNOWDONETREKONINANDGETSOMESUN|
|Click Clock Wood level unlocked||CHEATTHISONESGOODASYOUCANENTERTHEWOOD|
|Freezeezy Peak level unlocked||CHEATTHEJIGGYSDONESOOFFYOUGOINTOFREEZEEZYPEAKANDITSSNOW|
|Bubblegloop Swamp level unlocked||CHEATNOWINTOTHESWAMPYOUCANSTOMP|
Ice Mario and Subdrag, , , and
Go to Treasure Trove Cove and complete the Underwater Castle section by spelling out "BanjoKazooie". Return to Spiral Mountain and enter Banjo's house. Move towards the fireplace and stand on the green rug. Look at Bottles' picture above the fireplace. Keep looking until Bottles speaks and a puzzle game starts. Bottles will give clues as to how the puzzles have to be completed. After each puzzle is finished, Bottles will reveal a code, which is then entered by using the Beak buster on the tiles of the Underwater Castle in Treasure Trove Cove. Note: These codes are not saved and must be re-entered with each new game session.
|Banjo has big head||BOTTLESBONUSONE|
|Banjo has big hands and feet||BOTTLESBONUSTWO|
|Kazooie has big head||BOTTLESBONUSTHREE|
|Banjo is skinny with small head||BOTTLESBONUSFOUR|
|Banjo is skinny with small heads, big hands, and big feet||BOTTLESBONUSFIVE|
|Combination of all previous "Bottles" codes||BIGBOTTLESBONUS|
|Banjo is a washing machine||WISHYWASHYBANJO|
|100 red feathers2||REDFEATHERS|
|20 gold feathers3||GOLDFEATHERS|
|200 eggs and 100 feathers1, 2||BRELDUFEATHERGGS|
|Restore all items1, 2, 3||BLUEREDGOLDFEATHERS|
1. Requires book near Freezezy Peak puzzle.
2. Requires Mad Monster Mansion book.
3. Requires Rusty Bucket Bay book
Note: The following Spell Books are required for some codes:
- Cheato Book 1: This book is located behind the entrance to Bubblegloop Swamp, near the jigsaw puzzle for Freezeezy Peak. When you first walk through the pipe that leads to the puzzle board for Freezeasy peak and the second pipe to the spell book, a block of ice will be covering the second pipe. First, get the wading boots in the pipe near the beginning of the Bubblegloop Swamp area. Go through the pipe as Banjo and break the block of ice. Then, have Mumbo Jumbo transform you into the alligator in Bubblegloop Swamp and enter the pipe that leads to the spell book
- Cheato Book 2: Transform into a pumpkin in the Mad Monster Mansion level with Mumbo's help. Leave the skull and follow the winding path to Brentilda's platform. Enter the small hole and follow the path to the spell book.
- Cheato Book 3: Find the entrance to Rusty Bucket Bay. Locate the cave with three pipes to the right of this location. Open the middle pipe and enter. Activate the "321" switch that is inside to raise the water level. Jump into the water and quickly move to the right. The book is located in the cave to the right.
The following variations on the other cheat codes will also work after all Spell Books have been collected.
|20 gold and 100 red feathers||BGOLDREDUFEATHERS|
|20 gold and 100 red feathers||GORBELUDFEATHERS|
|20 gold and 100 red feathers||GROELDBFLEAUTHEREGS|
|20 gold and 100 red feathers||REGOLDFEATHERS|
|100 red feathers||BREGODLFEATHERS|
|20 gold feathers||RGBOLEDUEEGFEATHERS|
|20 gold and 100 red feathers, 100 eggs||BRGGOLDEFUREDGFATGHERS|
Xbox 360 The following items can be collected after you play Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts and save the game once. This will change the game as follows.
- Ice Key: The ice key is behind a tunnel in Wozza's cave in Freezeezy Peak. Note that the wall of ice that used to block the way is now gone.
- Navy Blue Egg: You should see a doorway in an alcove on the wall of Gobi's Valley. Behind this newly opened door lies the blue egg.
- Magenta Egg: Sharkfood Island in Treasure Trove Cove, once submerged, is now above the water and open.
- Turquoise Egg: One of the barrels in the cellar in Mad Monster Mansion has been opened up, and the egg is inside.
- Green Egg: The egg is floating above Loggo the toilet, in his room in Mad Monster Mansion.
- Yellow Egg: The egg is lying on the table in Nabnuts' house. The female squirrel he's sleeping next to is a clue that this is in the winter season of Click Clock Woods.
- Red Egg: The egg is lying on the bed in the Captain's Cabin of Rusty Bucket Bay. Notice that the Grublins are walking, but not going anywhere.
Alternate ending sequence
Successfully complete the game with all 100 Jiggys.
Alternate game selection screens
The game will randomly play a humorous saved game animation. Rare has confirmed that any code that involves pressing A when the fish in the bowl does something is false.
Extra jigsaw puzzle
Look at the portrait of Bottles the Mole at the beginning
of the game. You will get an extra jigsaw puzzle game. Solving
these puzzles will earn you extra cheats for the game.
Spell Banjo-Kazooie without time in the Sand Castle
Enter the Sand Castle with the crab. Enter the "B"
when he first says something, then when he gets done put in the
finishing letters "anjoKazooie" and the time will not
be on the screen.
To get another life as soon as you start the game,
get Super Jump from just around the left corner and go back to
the house. Go around to the side of the house that has the trash
cans. Jump up on top of the one in the corner. Jump up onto the
top of the house, then jump up on the chimney, and get the extra
life found up there.
Extra lives in Mr. Vile's games
With Mumbo's help, turn into an alligator in the Bubblegloop
Swamp. Then, enter the nose of the giant alligator statue. Beat
Mr. Vile in his games to get the puzzle piece, then walk out and
re-enter for a new challenge. Beat Mr. Vile in his three games
to collect extra lives. Note: You will lose a life if any of the
games are lost.
When you play against Mr. Vile and lose when going for the extra
lives, get the sneakers that make you go fast and run out of the
alligator snout. You will not lose the life that he threatens
to take. You can go back in and try again without him taking a
Refill extra lives
Complete the Treasure Trove Cove area. You may now return Treasure Trove Cove at any time. Go to Banjo's house, look at the picture of Bottles, then press Start. Leave the house and all the extra lives will re-appear. The closest ones are located behind the water fall and on top of the house.
Use the Wonderwing move (gold feather invincibility)
to hit a bee hive. As long as the Wonderwing is active, the bees
will instantly die when they attack.
bduym cwyva yaye
Use the following trick to kill the snowball-throwing
snowmen with no flight pads nearby. Go up to one of the snowmen
so you are almost touching him, then Talon Trot away very quickly.
He will not throw a snowball at you for about two to five seconds.
Snowmen do not throw snowballs at you when you are directly next
to or in front of them.
Gruntilda's Quiz Show
You must remember little bits of trivia from throughout
the game. For example, what a place looks like, or what a character
sounds like. Grunty will try to stump you with questions about
herself. If you have been good about talking to Brentilda whenever
you encountered her, you should know most of answers. Note: When
in doubt, go with greasy. If you have no idea what the answer
is, and one of them has anything greasy in it, that should
be your best guess. Grunty's game is a test of memory about the
places and populace of the worlds you have visited, with Tooty
as the grand prize. Getting a question wrong while standing on
a skull is a one way ticket to lava land. If you win a joker,
use it to skip over any square. Even when you pass the test, Grunty
has a hideous fate in store. It will be time to pick your prize
and head home. After that, you will trigger a short intermission
sequence where Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo and Bottles all have a Barbeque.
Gruntilda's Final Chamber
The area leading up to the final battle with Gruntilda-and
the final battle ground itself is a smallish series of inner chambers.
If you have been very good about collecting musical notes and
Jiggies, it really pays off now. Several doors in Grunty's inner
chamber require musical notes to open many notes. If you have
them, the big battle will be a a lot easier. When you are ready
to fight, jump inside Dingpot and he will transport you to the
- When DingPot takes you to the roof of the lair, Gruntilda will say another rhyme about winning, then she will swoop down and try to dive bomb you. When you hear her laugh, move out of the way as far as possible. She will keep this up. When her broom stalls, Rat-a-Tat-Rap her. Every time you do so, she will fire a fireball. Zig-zag to avoid them. Repeat this until she throws a ball that homes in on you. When you hear the whirring sound, turn invincible. Note: She will dive for more times the more you hit her.
- Get on the move unless you want Grunty to run you down early. When you see a green pinwheel-shaped spell or when you hear the sound it makes, become invulnerable to get rid of it. Dispense a few eggs. but not too many, as you will need them very soon. Bottles will help you get airborne for a little dog fighting action. Do not waste time or ammunition getting through Grunty's protective spell. Instead, fire eggs into the holes of the Jinjo statues to activate them. The last one will knock Grunty off her broomstick. A giant statue will then appear in the middle of the arena. It will take three eggs in each slot to activate it. If things get difficult with Grunty's spells, then use invulnerability. The giant Jinjo hammers Grunty into submission and she will make one last lunge for you.
- When you are fighting Grunty, free the four Jinjo statues. Her broom will break. Then, the giant statue will appear. Use the Gold Feathers to push Grunty off. Her shield will be visible, but jump into her when you cannot see it. She will not fall. She will still aim the fireballs at you. Free the statue and watch Grunty fall off air.
- When you first fight Gruntilda, she starts to ram into you. After two times she will stop. Use this opportunity to attack her. Do this again. After that it will take three times until she stops. Attack her again, then next time it will be four times before she stops. After another attack, she will go to a ledge and fire spells at you. Get as many gold feathers as possible and use them as you get there. Jump on the ledge and fire eggs at her one at a time. Use the gold feathers between shots. She will move. Repeat this four times. On the third time, shoot three eggs at her all at once then use the gold feathers again. Do this during the fourth time also. She will now fly. Grab the honey comb piece she dropped and use the fly pad to catch up to her. When she stops to fire her spells, quickly beak-bomb her. Keep doing this four or five times, but try to dodge the spells at the same time. She will then make a shield to protect herself. Fire three eggs in the holes in the Jinjo statues then use your gold feathers yet again. Do this three more times then you will have to release the Jinjonator. Dodge her blasts, then use your wonder wing to deflect her aiming spell. She will stop for a few minutes, giving you time to put five eggs in one hole. Do this four more times to defeat her.
- The final battle against Grunty can be very difficult, and may require several attempts. Depending on how much trouble you have, you may end up having a game over. However, this can be prevented. When you are low on lives (or every time you die), leave the room with Dingpot and enter the other room with the two windows. One of them will have an extra life on it. Return to the golden cauldron then go back to the game board. All the lives will be there and come back again when you die. The invisible walls are still there, so you cannot fall off. There should be about three lives here. If you do this each time Grunty defeats you, you will gain four lives for every life you lose. This makes it impossible to lose, but does not make the battle against Grunty any easier.
Bubble Gloop Swamp: Get across the green ooze
When you get to the Bubble Gloop Swamp you will notice
it is very hard to get across the green ooze it contains piranha.
Find the boots when you step into the first room. You must go
to the side where a weird part of the door appears. Run along
the side and avoid the piranha. Bottles will be waiting for you
at the end. He will teach you how to use the boots. Note: The
boots only last for 20 seconds.
Bubble Gloop Swamp: Translucent Banjo
Get the boots in Bubble Gloop Swamp and wait in front of the exit portal until they are about to wear off. Stand on the portal when the boots wear off to create a translucent Banjo.
Clanker's Cavern: Hidden magic token
Do a back flip on the very edge of where Banjo enters the area to find a magic token.
Click Clock Wood: Entering Gnawty's house
Locate the tree in Click Clock Wood in the spring near the boulder that blocks the entrance to Gnawty's house. Climb the tree and get directly over the boulder. Drop eggs on the boulder to break it, allowing Banjo to get to Gnawty's house during the spring.
Click Clock Wood: Breaking the boulder
It is possible to break the boulder blocking the Beaver's
hole in Click Clock Wood on the Spring level. Stand on the ledge
above the rock, then find the correct angle just to the right
of the rock. Drop eggs onto the boulder to break it open. Swim
into the hole on this level to find some glitches, such as the
Beaver still asking to move the now destroyed rock.
Click Clock Wood: Extra life
Use this trick to get that extra life on the entrance
to Click Clock Wood. Go directly behind the entrance, but to the
right of the back of the level. Do this as slowly and quietly
as you can and you will hear the sound of Banjo walking on a pad.
This is a shock-spring pad and when you jump on it you will jump
up high enough to reach the top of the entrance to the level and
get the extra life. Note: You cannot see the pad because of the
long grass -- you can only hear Banjo walking on it (near the
back, on the right).
Freezy Peak: Present locations
The presents can be found at the following locations.
- Inside the big Christmas tree with the Twinklies near it.
- On the giant snowman's nose.
- Climb down from the location for the snowman's nose present. Go down the scarf that is not that steep. When you reach the bottom, slide down the steepest hill. The last present is on a small "island" that is surrounded by ice near it.
Grunty's Furnace Fun: Regaining health
Go to a time challenge in which you can take damage (from bees, the mummy, etc.), and die in the challenge. You will lose a life, but will not have to restart the game. You will remain at the current location and your health meter is refilled.
Mad Monster Mansion: Hidden room
Go to the graveyard and walk around until you see a
window with Banjo-Kazooie's picture on it. Break the window to
find dozens of eggs and feathers.
Mad Monster Mansion: Defeating the green ghosts
To kill the green ghosts in Mad Monster Mansion, run
into them using Wonderwing. They give you one Honey Comb.
Rusty Bucket Bay: Code
Go from the start, straight to the ship. Walk to the
other side of the ship and you see the code "312-111".
That is the code you can blow in front of the ship.
Treasure Trove Cove: Living Mine in Jiggy
The Jiggy in Treasure Trove Cove near the orange Jinjo
has a Living Mine in it. Hop into the water until the Living Mine
comes toward you. Then, hop out of the water and shoot eggs backward.
The maximum eggs required to defeat the Living Mine is five.
Treasure Trove Cove: Kill Snackers
To kill Snackers the shark, shoot five eggs at it.
Or, drag it to shore and jump while using Golden Feathers on him.
You can do the same thing to kill piranha fishes. The shark gives
you three honeycombs and the fish gives you one honeycomb.
Transporting pot locations
Search the following locations
- Purple Pots
- The first is located near the Treasure Trove Cove Puzzle.
- The second is found close to the note door near Freezy Peak. You will first have to break the web with Eggs.
- Green Pots:
- The first is found close to the second Purple Pot. Go up the ramp close to the tunnel that leads to Freezy Peak. Keep going straight until you see a web covering a hole.
- The second is located near the entrance to Rusty Bucket Bay. You have to raise the water to level 2.
- Red Pots
- The first is located in the tunnel near Treasure Trove Cove and Clanker's Cavern.
Nintendo 64 Start a new game and go to Bottles the mole's first hole. Talk to him and press B when he tries to give you a move.
At the first molehill outside of Banjo's house, repeatedly try
to talk to Bottles. After about five times he will threaten to
erase your file (which he will not actually do).
Avoid fall damage
Enable the "Unlimited gold feathers" code.
Activate them before you jump from a ledge. You can do this in
Mad Monster Mansion on the beams on the top of the "church"
room with the hand thing, and not lose any health after falling.
This can also be used to walk on the rosebushes in Mad Monster
Nintendo 64 To avoid getting hurt while falling down a steep cliff, put the
Wonder Wing on before your jump. Hold Z and you will not
get hurt when you land.
Nintendo 64 To save your life when falling off a cliff or having only one
honeycomb, pause game play and turn off the Nintendo 64 before
After defeating Gruntilda the witch, go to Spiral Mountain.
Go to were she fell in the ending sequence when you defeated her.
There will now be a rock that is rumbling and shaking here. This
Press [Attack] during any jump.
Banjo Head Gamerpic
Collect all the Jinjos on two levels.
Kazooie Head Gamerpic
Collect all the Jinjos on all levels.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Get Jiggy (10 points): It doesn't matter which two, just successfully collect any two Jiggies.
- Mumbo Jumbo (10 points): Get yourself transformed by Mumbo Jumbo for the first time. Now that's magic!
- Knock out Nipper (15 points): Come out on top in a dust-up with Nipper the crab. Watch out, he's called Nipper for a reason.
- Free Clanker (15 points): Liberate Clanker, Gruntilda's rusty and recalcitrant garbage grinder.
- Chomp Chomp! (15 points): They're red and no less than 30 of them need chomping. Nuff said.
- Move Master (15 points): Discover and master all Banjo's moves… and Kazooie's… but nobody else's. Unless you insist.
- Show me the honey! (15 points): Collect all 24 of the extra honeycomb pieces. Yes! Every single one! It's character-building.
- The Quiz Master (20 points): Complete Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz show and win the Star Prize. Been paying attention?
- Jinjonatored (20 points): Fear the Jinjonator. If you're a witch, that is. The Jinjonator lays the smack down on witches.
- Jigsaw Maker (20 points): Bet you thought jigsaws were boring! Bottles disagrees, and has seven of them to be solved.
- Cheating Cheato (20 points): Bump into Grunty's disowned spellbook three times as it hops around the place dishing out cheats.
- Music Maestro (25 points): There are 900 musical notes out there in the world of Banjo-Kazooie. Real gamers collect them all...