BioShock 2 (Xbox 360)
Created by Robbaz.
There are six alternate endings: rise to surface (good and evil), abandoned (good and evil), and the standard ending (good and evil).
- Good endings
- Rescue all Little Sisters that you dealt with and spare Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, or Gilbert Alexander.
- Rescue all Little Sisters That you dealt with and kill Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, and Gilbert Alexander.
- Standard endings
- Rescue at least one Little Sister and harvest at least one Little Sister. Choose to die at the end and spare Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, and Gilbert Alexander.
- Rescue at least one Little Sister and harvest at least one Little Sister. Choose to die at the end and kill Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, or Gilbert Alexander.
- Bad endings
- Rescue at least one Little Sister and harvest at least one Little Sister. Choose to live at the end and spare Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, and Gilbert Alexander. Alternately, harvest all Little Sisters that you dealt with and spare Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, and Gilbert Alexander.
- Rescue at least one Little Sister and harvest at least one Little Sister. Choose to live at the end and kill Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, or Gilbert Alexander. Alternately, harvest all Little Sisters that you dealt with and kill Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole, or Gilbert Alexander.
Multi-player rank bonuses
Reach the indicated rank in multi-player mode to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Rank 1
- Weapon: Pistol/Shotgun
- Plasmid: Electro Bol/Winter Blast/Incinerate
- Mask: Rabbit/Goat/Pink Feather
- Melee: Wrench/Candle Stick/Pipe
- Rank 2
- Weapon: Machine Gun
- Rank 3
- Tonic: Expert Researcher/Security Evasion
- Rank 4
- Plasmid: Air Dash
- Rank 5
- Upgrade: Pistol Automatic Firing
- Rank 6
- Weapon: Grenade Launcher
- Rank 7
- Tonic: Speedy Recovery/Eve Saver
- Rank 8
- Plasmid: Geyser Trap
- Rank 9
- Upgrade: Shotgun Rate of Fire
- Rank 10
- Weapon: Crossbow
- Mask: Eagle/Tragic Comedy
- Melee: Machete/Rolling Pin
- Rank 11
- Tonic: Back Stabber
- Rank 12
- Plasmid: Telekenesis
- Rank 13
- Upgrade: Machine Gun Magazine Size
- Rank 14
- Weapon: Nail Gun
- Rank 15
- Tonic: Metabolic Eve
- Rank 16
- Plasmid: Houdini
- Rank 17
- Upgrade: Grenade Launcher Homing Grenades
- Rank 18
- Weapon: Elephant Gun
- Rank 19
- Tonic: Sabotage
- Rank 20
- Plasmid: Insect Swarm
- Mask: Moon/Indigo Feather
- Melee: Mallet/Barbed Wire
- Rank 21
- Upgrade: Crossbow Damage Increase
- Rank 22
- Tonic: Repairman
- Rank 23
- Upgrade: Nail Gun Magazine Size
- Rank 24
- Upgrade: Speedy Hacker
- Rank 25
- Upgrade: Elephant Gun Sniper Scope
- Rank 26
- Tonic: Slugger
- Rank 27
- Upgrade: Pistol Damage Upgrade
- Rank 28
- Tonic: Leg Up
- Rank 29
- Upgrade: Shotgun Automatic Reload
- Rank 30
- Tonic: Fast Feet
- Mask: Peacock Feather/Sun God
- Melee: Crowbar/Flashlight
- Rank 31
- Upgrade: Machine Gun Kickback Reduction
- Rank 32
- Tonic: Deadly Machine
- Rank 33
- Upgrade: Grenade Launcher Velocity Boost
- Rank 34
- Tonic: Headhunter
- Rank 35
- Upgrade: Crossbow Rate of Fire
- Rank 36
- Tonic: Big Game Hunter
- Rank 37
- Upgrade: Nail Gun Damage Increase
- Rank 38
- Tonic: Death Trap
- Rank 39
- Upgrade: Elephant Gun Damage Increase
- Rank 40
- Tonic: Resurrection
- Mask: Octopus/Demon
- Melee: Hatchet
- Use the following trick to use Telekinesis to pull normal items toward you without using any of your Eve reserve. Eve is only used when you release the trigger and throw an item with Telekinesis. Use Telekinesis to pull items such as ammunition or first aid kits toward you to collect without wasting any of your meter. Note that if you take an item that you are already maxed out of, you will be stuck holding it with Telekinesis or release the trigger to throw it and waste your meter. However, if you display the Plasmid wheel and select another Plasmid attack, you can release the trigger to drop the item without Telekinesis automatically throwing it. By doing this you will not waste any of your meter dropping an item that you cannot carry. This also can be done when pulling electrified trip wires out of walls. To do this, pull the item toward you with Telekinesis and without releasing the trigger, display the Plasmid wheel to select another plasmid. When you close the Plasmid wheel and release the trigger you will drop the item.
PlayStation3 When bringing an item to you that you do not want to throw, and therefore keep from having to use your EVE, press Square to drop the object or press X to take the item if it can go into your inventory.
When facing a Rumbler (Big Daddy with rockets) use Telekinesis to grab the rockets it fires then turn them back towards it.
Hack a vending machine and stop the needle in the blue section to get free ammo or a free Eve. When the same thing is done at a health station you can get a first-aid kit.
btgoagi on, i, th hocyfuhapm iaro
Go to a health station and melee it. A health kit will come out.
Easy Security research
- Locate a hackable vending or health machine next to or near a Bot Shutdown Panel. Hack the machine and stop the pointer on the red to activate the Security Bots to come for you. Quickly turn and use the Research Camera on one then shut them down at the panel. The disabled bot is still highlighted by the research camera and you can research Security easily.
- Wait until a Splicer trips an alarm and two security bots appear. Use the Research Camera on one bot while it is killing the Splicer, then shoot at it with a rapid fire weapon (for example, the rivet gun or machine gun).
Help from Security Bots
- Hack Security Bots when they appear after an alarm is triggered. They will remain in the area and fight for you. Note: Try stunning them with an electric attack first.
- There is an easy way to collect Security Bots to fight with you. First, locate a Bot Shutdown Panel that is quickly accessible near a vending machine. Hack the vending machine, but stop the pointer on the red to activate the Security Bots to come for you. Quickly run to the Bot Shutdown Panel and throw the switch. Then, locate a deactivated Security Bot and hack it. That Bot is now aiding you. Note: You can only have two Security Bots aiding you at one time.
Defeating Big Sisters
Before you fight the second Big Sister (if you are harvesting ADAM but saving the girls), you will get an Enrage Plasmid. There are two bodies to scrounge ADAM from. One is more easily securable, which has a security camera, a rocket launcher bot, and a large puddle of water in this area. The Big Daddy comes back multiple times. If you drop off the little girl in her hole near here, you can wait for the Big Sister to show up. Then, enrage the Big Daddy so that he will take on and kill the Big Sister. Your only concern will be Splicers and the Big Daddy after he is done with the Big Sister.
Winning the final battle
Fully research the Houdini Splicer. Have Natural Camouflage equipped. Just before the final battle, remain idle and you will become invisible. No one will attack. Do not move or you will become visible again, everything will attack, and you cannot turn invisible while being hit. Eventually Eleanor will say she can fight. Immediately summon her. She will distract and fight everyone, allowing you to turn invisible. She will eventually kill everyone so that you can escape.
Enter one of the following codes to open the corresponding door.
- Adonis Luxury Resort
- Door near rubble with code written backwards on glass: "1540"
- Pauper's Drop
- The Clinic: "0047"
- Siren Alley
- Maintenance Area: "1919"
- Dionysus Park
- Power of the People Machine door: "080"
- Fontaine Futuristics
- Plasmid Theater: "5254"
- Inner Persephone
- Watch Tower: "2673"
- Recreational Therapy: "4146"
Weapon Upgrade stations
Weapon Upgrade stations can be found at the following locations.
- 1. Ryan Amusements: Going to get the ticket.
- 2. Ryan Amusements: After the family display, through the door.
- 3. Pauper's Drop: From Journal 039, go out the door, down the stairs.
- 4. Pauper's Drop: In the back of skid row, in the limbo room. It will be behind the stage
- 5. Pauper's Drop: After breaking into hotel, when you are going through the halls, you will go through a hole. To your left you will see a blue sheet. To the right is the station.
- 6. Siren Alley: In Mermaid Lounge, go upstairs hack the gate. Drop through a hole in the floor.
- 7. Siren Alley: Just before Pump station 5.
- 8. Dionysus Park: Behind the door, combination 1080.
- 9. Dionysus Park: On the path to the train.
- 10. Fontaine Futuristics: After you destroy the flying Gil bot, you can enter where you get access to laboratory.
- 11. Fontaine Futuristics: After you turn on the lights, it will be in the bottom of the holding cells area.
- 12. Persephone Outer: On your left.
- 13. Inner Persephone: After you gain access to Sinclair look back in the room.
- 14. Inner Persephone: Just after ward B in the room with the rocket turret.
Easy "9-Irony" achievement or trophy
Get your first Little Sister in Ryan Amusements. She will take you back into the main hall of Ryan Amusements to collect ADAM. While she is collecting ADAM, Splicers will attack and break down the door to the next section. Go through door to find a desk on the left with an animatronic Andrew Ryan behind it. Near a cabinet that is behind him is a golf club. Use Telekinesis to pick up the club, then shoot it at the Andrew Ryan animatronic.
Easy "Master Protector" achievement or trophy
Created by XCVii007r1.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Bought a Slot (5 points): Buy one Plasmid or Tonic Slot at a Gatherer's Garden.
- Max Plasmid Slots (10 points): Fully upgrade to the maximum number of Plasmid Slots.
- Upgraded a Weapon (10 points): Upgrade any weapon at a Power to the People Station.
- Fully Upgraded a Weapon (10 points): Install the third and final upgrade to any of your weapons.
- All Weapon Upgrades (20 points): Find all 14 Power to the People weapon upgrades in the game.
- Prolific Hacker (20 points): Successfully hack at least one of every type of machine.
- Master Hacker (20 points): Hack 30 machines at a distance with the Hack Tool.
- First Research (5 points): Research a Splicer with the Research Camera.
- One Research Track (20 points): Max out one Research Track.
- Research Master (20 points): Max out research on all 9 research subjects.
- Grand Daddy (25 points): Defeat 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight.
- Master Gatherer (30 points): Gather 600 ADAM with Little Sisters.
- Fully Upgraded a Plasmid (10 points): Fully upgrade one of your Plasmids to the level 3 version at a Gatherer's Garden.
- All Plasmids (20 points): Find or purchase all 11 basic Plasmid types.
- Trap Master (15 points): Kill 30 enemies using only Traps.
- Master Protector (15 points): Get through a Gather with no damage and no one getting to the Little Sister.
- Big Spender (15 points): Spend 2000 dollars at Vending Machines.
- Dealt with Every Little Sister (50 points): Either Harvest or Save every Little Sister in the game.
- Against All Odds (30 points): Finish the game on the hardest difficulty level.
- Big Brass Balls (25 points): Finish the game without using Vita-Chambers.
- Rapture Historian (40 points): Find 100 audio diaries.
- Unnatural Selection (10 points): Score your first kill in a non-private match.
- Welcome to Rapture (10 points): Complete your first non-private match.
- Disgusting Frankenstein (10 points): Become a Big Daddy for the first time in a non-private match.
- "Mr. Bubbles-- No!" (20 points): Take down your first Big Daddy in a non-private match.
- Mother Goose (20 points): Save your first Little Sister in a non-private match.
- Two-Bit Heroics (10 points): Complete your first trial in a non-private match.
- Parasite (10 points): Achieve Rank 10.
- Little Moth (20 points): Achieve Rank 20.
- Skin Job (20 points): Achieve Rank 30.
- Choose the Impossible (50 points): Achieve Rank 40.
- Proving Grounds (20 points): Win your first non-private match.
- Man About Town (10 points): Play at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map.
Additionally there are seventeen secret achievements.
- Daddy's Home (10 points): Found your way back into the ruins of Rapture.
- Protector (20 points): Defended yourself against Lamb's assault in the train station.
- Sinclair’s Solution (20 points): Joined forces with Sinclair in Ryan Amusements.
- Confronted Grace (10 points): Confronted Lamb’s lieutenant in Pauper’s Drop.
- Defeated the Preacher (20 points): Defeated the Preacher.
- Nose for News (20 points): Uncovered the secret of Dionysus Park.
- Found Lamb's Hideout (20 points): Gained access to Lamb’s stronghold.
- Reunion (50 points): Reunited with your original Little Sister.
- Heading to the Surface (25 points): Headed to the surface on the side of Sinclair's escape pod.
- Escape (100 points): Escaped Rapture.
- 9-Irony (5 points): Paid your respects to the founder of Rapture.
- Distance Hacker (5 points): Used the Hack Tool to hack an object at a distance.
- Unbreakable (20 points): Defended yourself against the Big Sister without dying.
- Look at You, Hacker (15 points): Killed 50 enemies using only hacked Security.
- Adopted a Little Sister (5 points): Adopted a new Little Sister for the first time.
- Savior (25 points): Saved every Little Sister and spared Grace, Stanley and Gil.
- Counterattack (5 points): Killed an enemy with its own projectile.
Play the Siren Alley level inside the Mermaids Lounge. Go upstairs into the room on the right side of the balcony that contains the slot machines. As you enter the room, turn left and play the right-hand machine of the two that are facing you. Save the game before you start and resave it every time your total money increases above where you started. If the machine does not payout after about a dozen turns, reload your saved game. By doing this you can maximize your wallet in about ten to fifteen minutes. It will now be easy to fully load up on ammunition and health/EVE boosts for fighting the Big Daddies. Repeat this for each additional Little Sister on the level.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs