Breath Of Fire 4 (PC)
At the end of the game, answer all of Fou-Lu's questions
"Maybe so...". You will be merged with Fou-Lu and will
play as the Infinity Dragon (Fou-Lu and Ryu God form). Then, just
wipe out your ex-partners to get the ending.
Healing with apples
When you go into the woods to find the mayor, you have
to use "apples" to lure out an animal. If you run out,
find the tree that the man told you about where you can find more.
Use Ershil's personal action and head butt the tree. An apple
will drop down. The apple is a great healing item for early in
the game, healing 100 HP. This may not seem like much, but if
many apples, they work well. Stock up to get a full 99.
Go to the question mark west of Fou-Lou's Temple. Go
to the area where there was a burning forest. When you fight a
Gold Gang and kill it with physical attacks you will get slightly
over 1,000 Zenny. If you want even more money, kill it with magical
attacks for over 10,000 Zenny. Repeat this as needed.
Go to one of the apple trees and stock up 99 of them. Then, go
to the nearest shop and sell them for 10 Zenny to get a total
of 990 Zenny. This is useful at the start of the game, but is
not worth the effort later.
Go to the island south of Lyp. There is a Moza plant at that location
from which you can cut Moza Grass off. Stock up until you have
99 and sell them for 50 Zenny each, for 5,000 Zenny.
Go to Wyndia and enter the big mansion. Talk to the
butler. He will ask for silverware. The butler will give you aurum
that ranges from 1 to 16 aurum for these items. You can find the
silverware in the following locations:
- Spoon: Lazy Fairy shop.
- Fork: In the Cove with the wrecked ship, the large crap monsters drop them.
- Straw: Rei and Teepo shop, or the crooked business man will give you one for helping out with the crates, vases/boxes.
- Chopsticks: Send fairies to Wyndia searching, Rei and Teepo shop
Return to the hidden village by Chek after the battle.
You will encounter monsters that have high HP and regenerating
powers. You will fight six at a time, so you can practice your
combos to very high scores.
70 hit combo
You need three spells, two which are learned by leveling
up, which is Viltalize by Nina and Scias. The third is Celerity,
which you learn as a skill from the master Abbess after you have
encountered 100 different enemies. First, equip Celerity on any
character except Nina or Scais -- preferable Cray since he is
the slowest, so the enemies will get all of their attacks off
first allowing you to cast the three spells in a row Enter a random
battle anywhere, have the first character cast Celerity, then
have Scias cast Vitalize, then have Nina cast Vitalize again.
If done correctly you should have an easy 70 hit combo. If you
have three Harmonic Rings, equip one on each character and it
will help to connect the combo -- you will not waste casting Celerity
if the combo does not connect.
To do this, you need relatively simple specials. You do not even
need Celerity to pull this off. The skills you will need are as
follows, incuding who will utilize them: War Shout, FaerieCharge
for Scias; Speed, FaerieAttack for Cray; Controlled Kaiser Dragon,
Focus, Last Restort, TigerFist for Ryu. It is also best to have
Ryu equipped with a two hit sword, and to have about 11 Faeries
selected as troops. Go to the Abandoned Village near Chek and
get into a fight with Treans or Trunkeds. As soon as a battle
starts, have Ryu change into the Kaiser Dragon. Have Cray cast
Speed on him, and then Scias cast War Shout. On the next turn,
have Ryu use Last Resort. Then have Cray and Scias do the exact
same thing they did before. Now on this turn, Ryu should use Focus,
while Cray and Scias do whatever. It does not matter, as long
as it does not make the Treans or Trunkeds run away. When everything's
ready on the next turn, this is where the work you did pays off.
Have Scias cast FaerieCharge, Cray cast FaerieAttack, and Ryu
finish with TigerFist. If it comboed properly, the FaerieCharge
will hit for about 11 hits, FaerieAttack will hit for about 22
times, and TigerFist will hit for about 48 hits.
124 hit combo
This trick requires you to attack the Trunked or Trean
enemies North-West of Chek. Have the skills WarShout, Faeire Attack,
and Faerie Charge each on a different person. Next, put all twenty
faeries in barracks (you will need to open seven barracks). Finally,
have the first character use War Shout (12 hits), the second use
Faerie Attack (46 hits), and third use Faerie Charge (66 hits)
for a total of 124 hits and roughly 30000 damage. That should
take care of any Master requiring a number of hit for a skill.
ntos hb, hae mylner
Avoid using Earth Attacks because of its high defense
against it. Keep using strong combos or Dragon attacks to get
rid of his regeneration ability. Be sure to have equipment which
can stand against instant death attacks.
When you fight Fou-Lu alone as Ryu at the end of the
game, just transform into Kaiser and leave it to him. If he dies,
transform into another dragon or attack him by healing yourself.
Fou-Lu will not transform into Tyrant or Astral or any other dragon-forms
that he has.
In the woods where you find the mayor is a tree full
of apples. Hit it with Ershin and stock up on apples. Head through
the forest to where you find the mayor. You have to fight Maman
at this location. Use an apple to distract it for a turn. If you
have enough, the Maman will not attack during the entire battle.
Helping the thieves
Charm raises the chance of an item to be dropped at
the end of the battle. With Pilfer and steal, the stealing rate
depends on the chances of the item being dropped at the end of
the battle. Use Charm then Steal or Pilfer. Try it on Fou-Lu and
his dragon forms to get a Dragon Tear, Royal Armor, and Royal
Use the following steps to find Rider, the game's toughest
monster. Go to Mutko. After passing through the Tomb, enter Mutko
from the south side. Then, enter the cave in the upper left corner.
Have Eshrin headbutt the crack in the wall. Enter the opening.
Go through the next three rooms. You should find a treasure chest
and then a dead end. You can find Dragon Tear in the chest, as
well as Rider. He has about 400,000 HP. To make things worse,
he regenerates half of it each round. He can also cast some dangerous
attacks, such as Disaster and Primus. Use Pilfer to steal a very
valuable item from him -- King's Armor, which has Def 100.
The following list explains how to get the Masters.
- Abbess: Talk to her in the Village of Chek after talking to all the dragons in their physical forms.
- Bunyan: Get the ability to apprentice with all the other eleven Masters. Then, find Bunyan by going to the question mark spot above the Highway and go through a secret passageway mid-way through the mountain range. Go up to his hut and talk to him.
- Gyorim: After getting over 3,000 points in fishing, talk to the fishing frog in Lyp.
- Kahn: After defeating him for the third time you can find him on the upper west continent in a question mark spot near the flowing tides.
- Kryrik: After the sea voyage event, return to Shikk and talk to him. He will apprentice you only if you have gotten 25 or more hits in a combo. Practicing in Chek is recommended.
- Lyta: After the Sea Voyage, talk to Sister Lyta in the orphanage in Synesta. You must have already learned Ward for her to apprentice you.
- Marlok: Buy the "treasure" from the frog in Sarai for 500 Zenny. Trade it around from city to city until you get a Tin Ball or better. Then, talk to Marlok in Synesta after finishing the sandflier event.
- Momo: Just talk to her in the windmill in Wyndia
- Njomo: After working with the Faerie Village after awhile, go to the question mark spot with the house in it. Talk to the fairy upstairs.
- Rwolf: Just talk to him near the entrance of Kurok.
- Stoll: Pay him all your Zenny in the Bandits Hideout after the Marlok events.
- Una: After beating up Kahn for the second time, talk to her in Worent.
To use Mjollnir, get Kaiser and get all the dragons
to give you their powers. You can now control Kaiser. Kaiser should
have Ar'yu-pung, Poat'oh-pah, Hwajeh, and Pa'Bing-a.
Talk to the rare item sellers. One of them will have
a Rusty Sword. Kill 1,000 enemies with it and the sword will become
Use Ershin,Ursula, or the main character to use the
action button against villagers in towns. Sometimes they will
Strategy guides from GameFAQs