Call Of Duty 2 (Xbox 360)
Hold LB + RB then quickly press Left(2), Right(2), Y(2) at the mission selection screen.
Press Left(3), Right, Left, Right, Y(2) at the main menu.
Complete the following achievements to unlock the indicated number of Xbox Live Gamerscore points (1,000 total possible points).
- Completed Training (50 points): Complete Basic Training.
- Veteran of the Winter War (60 points): Complete The Winter War on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of Stalingrad '42 (60 points): Complete Not One Step Backwards mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of Fortress Stalingrad (60 points): Complete Fortress Stalingrad mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of El Alamein (60 points): Complete The Battle of El Alamein mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of The Tank Squadrons (60 points): Complete The Tank Squadrons mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of Rommel's Last Stand (60 points): Complete Rommel's Last Stand mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of The Battle for Caen (60 points): Complete The Battle for Caen mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of D-Day (60 points): Complete D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of Hill 400 (60 points): Complete Hill 400 mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Veteran of Crossing the Rhine (60 points): Complete Crossing the Rhine mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Won the War (150 points): Complete the Single Player Campaign.
- War Hardened (200 points): Complete the Single Player Campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty setting.
- Veteran mode cuts life expectancy to three or four shots until you die. However, Veteran mode does not improve the enemy's aim or strategy. Use small blocks or small bulges of hills as cover and crawl. Because you do not get points for kills, do not take the Nazis head on. Let your allies lay some fire, if there are any. If not, throw a smoke grenade and shift between crouch and crawl positions, laying cover fire and stall some time for the smoke grenade to spread before the Nazis rush in. Use this smoke cover to fall back to the nearest safe position where you can regroup or hide and pick the Nazis off from afar.
- When playing on the Veteran difficulty in campaign mode, always take cover. When ever you reload or get hurt badly always go prone or get behind a wall. Also, use your smoke grenades wisely. You will need them to get past certain parts of the game; for example, when clearing houses or getting past turrets.
Play in Domination mode with both teams working together. Have each team get one flag. For the third flag, take turns getting it as a group. At the end of the game the entire team should at least 9,600 points each.
Determining if enemies are still alive
Even if you shoot the enemy, he may still be alive. Make sure to aim your crosshairs at him and see if it turns red. If it does, it indicates that the enemy is still alive, and you must shoot him down more. Do not give the enemy the chance to shoot you from behind while he regains consciousness.
The grenade indicator is useful, however, you do not
have to run away from it every time. If the indicator points that
a grenade has landed near you, but you are taking cover behind
a wall, you do not need to run away. Instead, the grenade will
explode and not damage you at all.
Head shots are instant kills. Body shots require two
or more shots for a kill.
- Whenever you have the chance, pick up a Kak 98. It is one of the most powerful guns in the game. There is a scoped-Kak 98 in the last level (Dragon's Teeth) in the 2 bunker in the building.
- The most common bolt-action rifle is one of the best weapons for small groups of enemies. It may be a bolt-action, but it is a one-hit kill almost all the time. Make sure to keep an automatic for the slow reload.
- Smoke grenades provide instant concealment. They are very useful for getting close to tanks on the Russian front.
- SMGs work best at close range. The PPSH 42 is recommended.
- Rifles are useful at short to medium range. The best ones are the SVT40 and Gheher because they are semiautomatic.
- Sniper rifles are very useful for picking off machine gunners before they can get set up. The Gheher sniper rifle is recommended because it is semiautomatic.
Capture Hill 400 mission: Recommended weapon
Pick up the scoped Gheher43 from the first bunker that
you blow down the door to. Swap it for your Garand. It is very
helpful. Every bunker has one so you do not have to worry about
Red Army Training mission: Mad Commissar
After you get your guns the Commissar will tell you
to shoot the teddy bear. Do not shoot the bear. Instead, shoot
the bottles and plates. He will get very mad. After you shoot
about four or five of the bottles or plates he will pull out a
pistol and kill you.
To unlock all the achievements at once, successfully complete the game under the Veteran difficulty setting.
Burgundy, France: Sniping location
Go where the turret is in the building that is not
blown up. Climb on the ledge of the turret. Look to the right
and hug the wall tightly while moving forward. Once you go a very
short distance onto the invisible ledge next to the shutter, run
and jump onto the roof ledge in front of you. Look to the right
and jump through the shutters. You will be in a room where you
can see out from, but other people cannot see you. Note: You must
climb on the window ledge a certain distance to shoot out and
Burgundy, France: Invisible turret
This trick requires two players. Go to the building with the MG 42. This is the building that is not destroyed. Have one player jump on top of the MG 42. Have the other player start jumping behind him. The player on the MG 42 must face out the window. When the jumping player is in mid-air, have the other player get on the MG 42. He should be invisible but still able to shoot the turret. He will be almost invincible, requiring two or three grenades directly on him to kill him. Remember that it only works if the player is directly on top of the MG 42.
Crossing The Rhine: Invincible Tiger Tank
Play "Crossing The Rhine" under the Veteran difficulty setting. As you play through the level, one of your final objectives will be to take out two Tiger tanks. As soon as this objective appears, or as soon as you see the tanks, very quickly make your way to the tank on your right. Plant the explosives as fast as possible on both tanks. If successful, you will notice that while the left tank is completely destroyed, the right tank is not. The right tank will appear to be destroyed, but will not have flames coming out of it and will still be able to shoot you with its machine gun. Note:The tank should also be immobilized. You will subsequently be unable to place another explosive charge on the tank, or damage it any further.
D-Day: Get under the map
At the first level when you get off the boat at the start, get to the rope at the top. Go to Sgt. Randall. You will be next to a fake gun. Go up to it. There is a location where floor goes into an angle. Lie down and you should go though it. Move forward until you fall down under the map.
Kalach, Russia: Leave level boundary
This trick requires a partner. Create an online team
deathmatch game and set friendly fire on reflected damage. Start
the game and have both players go into the room all the way in
the southwest corner. There should be a furnace and some boxes
in the corner. Have one player jump on the very top of the boxes.
The other player should stand in the same room but not close to
the other person. Have the player standing on the boxes throw
a grenade at the other person and try to jump at the same time
the grenade goes off. That player should try to jump on to the
thin piece off wood above the window to their right. If successful,
then jump from the window to the wooden planks on the roof. Next,
carefully walk over the planks and around the edges until you
get about directly above where you started. Then, jump to the
outside of the level. This may require several attempts.
Matmata, Tunisia: Sniping location
There is a dome with a ladder next to it. Climb up
to get onto the ledge. This trick requires two players and you
must be able to talk to each other. Have a player climb on the
ladder as far up as they can without taking their gun out and
walking off. Then, have the other player climb up the ladder.
As the player climbing up the ladder hits the person at the top,
have both players press Left Analog-stick Up and look at
the dome with the other Analog-stick. You should keep going
up until you fall onto the roof part or inside the dome. Note:
To go up high enough to get inside the dome, this action needs
to be timed perfectly. It is very difficult and time consuming
if not done properly Once in the dome, you cannot be shot unless
you step outside. You can shoot out and grenades cannot hit you.
Moscow, Russia: Get under the map
Two players are required for this trick. In online
mode, go to the back of the map past the blown up building near
the middle. There is a raised platform against the wall. There
is a ladder on the side of here. It is easy to find as it is the
only place in the map with a ladder. Get two people to get to
this ladder. Have one person go up the ladder as far as possible
without drawing his weapon and look straight up to the sky. Then,
have the other person walk up the ladder below them, looking up.
Say "go" or something else as soon as they hit the person
above and keep going. As soon as the player on top hears this,
he should go at the same time. This normally requires a few attempts.
If done correctly, you will continue going past the ladder, into
the sky. This depends on how well and accurately you do it. As
soon as the sky turns completely white (because you should be
looking up), move to the right until you fall. If done correctly,
you will land on the roof of the building. Once here, you can
jump onto the adjacent roof to the north, over the small wall.
Once on this roof, continue going down the roof slowly. Once you
get to the edge you should be able to see some boxes below, like
the little alcoves above the platform with the ladder. Aim for
one of these and you should land in it. Once done, jump into the
boxes on the other side one down each time. Do this to gradually
make your way down. Once you get to the floor, look to the east.
You can clearly see a big "rip" in the map. Go straight
down here and out the back of the map. Make sure you do not go
out of the shadowed area or you will "fall off" the
map and have to start again. When you have gotten out here, make
sure you do not try and get into the map until you have followed
this part: move south, without going past the shadowed area and
without going near the buildings. When you get to the corner where
the buildings stop, turn west. Keep going west until you get to
a turn in between some buildings. It is easy to see as there are
lots of windows visible, and there is a gateway in the corner
which should be to your north. Go down here then go straight through
the doorway. Once you have made it through, you can go absolutely
anywhere under the map. You can shoot people and can throw grenades
at them. They cannot see or shoot you. As long as you do not go
out of the shadowed area and do not waste ammunition, you can
continue to play down there.
St. Mere Eglise, France: Go through window
In the cemetery there is a hut. In the hut are some
boxes. Jump on the low box next to the window, then jump towards
the window facing the wall. As you are about to hit the window,
crouch and you can go out the window. You can shoot from that
side of the hut. There is also a tractor there. You can jump up
the front of the tractor then jump on to the roof of the hut.
This is a very good sniping location, but you can be shot if spotted.
Stalingrad, Russia, Get on top of farm
Go to the brick building with three windows. Go through
the broken wall to the last window. Jump up on the window and
turn around, then throw a grenade close to your feet. Wait a few
seconds before jumping. If done correctly, you can get to the
snow covered barn house. This may take a few attempts. Preferably,
use a sniper rifle because of three grenades.
You will first need to find the gun for which you would
like unlimited ammunition. This trick works for only one type
of gun. After you have chosen a gun, find the exact gun on an
ally or enemy, then kill him. After he is dead, his gun will appear
on the ground. When walking over the gun it will say you have
received that weapon's ammunition. If you have full ammunition,
waste a few shots then pick up another of that same gun. However,
this time the gun will stay on the ground. You can keep walking
over the same gun on the ground repeatedly for more ammunition
Mission select screen reset
Use the following steps if you went through the game
then returned to do your Veteran achievements and the game reset
your mission select screen. Enable the "Level select"
code and choose the missions that you have not done yet for the
veteran achievements. You will not be penalized for using the
code. However, you must re-complete the missions you already have
the achievements for to get the "War Hardened" achievement.
Multi-player mode host
This trick requires two players in multi-player mode.
Have player one go to system link and create a game on Call
Of Duty 2. Choose a level and set the times (30, 45, or 60
minutes) and other parameters. Remain at the screen and do not
start the game. Have player two start a different game, such as
Perfect Dark Zero or an arcade game (so you do not have
to change discs). Then, have player two invite player one to his
game. Have player one accepts the invite, but when prompted to
log out select "No". You should now be the host of the
game and it will be set to the way you want it.
Multi-player sniper rifle reload
When everyone has a sniper rifle, use that same gun.
When you are killed, view the replay of your death. When they
shoot, directly after that, respawn. Your player should now be
Negative number of grenades
When playing online, have one grenade. Hold it in your
hand and release it. When you release it, hold Down and
it should say that you have 0 grenades remaining. Now every time
you want to throw a grenade, press Throw. When you throw,
press Down and your grenade count should be a negative
Strategy guides from GameFAQs