Championship Manager: Season 00/01
Transfer funds do not decrease
Enter JIMMY RULES as a manager name.
When you buy a player, your transfer funds will not decrease.
Enter FISHBITE as a manager name.
Keep good record
You can exit the game without saving if you are losing by pressing [Keypad Asterisk]. You now have another chance to win that game.
Press [Space] during the game while there is not any on-screen commentary. Note: You will also need to repeat this at the start of the second half.
Choose a team to manage but do not select "Take Control". Instead, select "Tactics". The game will respond that no tactics are available. Type champions then select "Take Control". Your team will have better performance.
Start as England manager
At the start of a new game, click on any English club.
Then, click on any English player. Click on the players nationality
(English). The England team will appear. Select "Take Control".
You will then be the manager of England.
- Play as a team such as Real Madrid and sell add on a manager such as Manchester United. Get Manchester United to buy your players such as Savio for £12 million and players such as Geremi for £7 million. You can get about £100 million after selling them, and be able to buy players such as Lugi Baggio and others.
- Start with Juventus and transfer list Del Piero. Lots of clubs will offer a large amount of money for him (about £30,000,000). Note: Do not accept the offers with monthly installments, as some of the clubs will offer straight up front.
- Simply take over the opposition's team. Play all the players on the wing, which results in your team getting a big win.
- Select "Add Manager" and click on the team you will play next. Select "Tactics" and set all the players on the side with no one in goal. Also place the worse captain in charge of that team.
Buy FGN players that have European Passports
In the player and staff search screen, click on "Player
Search". Then, specify "EU National" under filters.
While you are in there type in, after the "Text" filter,
a country or continent outside the EU. This will allow you buy
to foreign players that have EU passports such as Alexander Mostovoi
(who is Russian/Portuguese).
Opponent has no players
Choose a rival team that you do not like. Add manager,
then free transfer all their players. Instead of clicking "Continue",
retire immediately. None of the free transfers will be blocked,
leaving them with no players.
Finding good players
Enter the "/cm0001/editor/" folder and run
the cm0001ed.exe file to start the game editor. Use it to open
your data file, which should be in the "/cm0001/data"
folder. Use the filter to find any player who has ability over
180. These players are very good but usually are very expensive
and famous. However, some of them are not -- for example, some
players from South America. You can use filter to find any player
with potential over 180. Some of them, especially the younger
ones, are not expensive and will develop into very good players
in a few years.
- Add the manager of the club that the player is at. You can now release the player you want and resign as manager that day. The very next day you will see that the player is freelance and plays for number one. You can then attempt to sign the player on at a cheap price.
- Add the manager, then just make a bid of about a million. You are manager of the club that you want the player from, so you can accept and reject any other bids from other clubs and let the player go to your club for a very small amount.
- Take over the team that you would like to get the player from and set his transfer status to $0, "This Player Is Not Needed" and "This Player Is On Transfer List". He will get mad. Click on "Change Player" and switch to your name. Approach to buy him and the desired player should be worth $0. After that, you will get a new mail message for the team you took over. Accept the transfer, etc., The player will almost always accept your contract and sign with you for no money. Note: If the player is in a different region, when you choose the leagues you want so you can get your free players, choose the leagues with the players in them.
- To get a player to volunteer, place an outrageous bid for him (twice his market value). After his team has accepted, change your offer zero and select "Cancel" on the "Adjust Offer" screen.
Recommended playersTry the following players.
, , , , , , ,
- Ada Fleming (free, 14 years old, comes into game a few months in)
- Alan Shearer
- Alan Smith
- Alessandro Turchetta
- Alex Notman
- Allesandro Del Piero
- Ariel Ortega
- Arjen Robben
- Arthur Numan
- Aydin Musa
- Ben Thatcher
- Bennidect McCarthy
- Bernardo Romeo
- Celestine Babayaro
- Cherno Samba
- Claudio Lopez
- Csaba Feher
- Daniel Andersson
- Daniel Nardellio
- Daniel Osorno
- Daniel Van Buyten
- Danny Schofield (£800,000)
- Darren Fletcher (wait until 2003)
- David Bingham (varies)
- David Healy (Man. U.)
- Denis Yevsikov
- Deon Burton
- Diego Cagne
- Diego Quintana
- Dieter Hamann
- Dmitry Parfenov
- Dominic Matteo
- Edwin Congo
- Emiliano Conti
- Faustino Asprilla
- Fausto Rossini
- Frank Baumann
- Giacomo Cipriani
- Gustavo Lopez
- Hatem Trabelsi
- Helder Postiga (free)
- Hernan Jorge Crespo
- Inacio Pia
- Jairo Fernando Castillo
- Jamie Smith
- Jay Jay Okocha
- Joe Cole
- John Convery
- Jorge Luis Anchen
- Jose Quitongo
- Julian Gray
- Julio Ricardo Cruz
- Julius Aghahowa
- Kahveci Nihat
- Kalam Mooniaruck (free)
- Kennedy Barkiciglou (£2.3million)
- Kim Kallstrom (£1.2million)
- Kris Taylor (wait until 2004 before buying him)
- Lubomir Moravcik
- Ludwig Freden Klenfelt
- Mads Timm (under £5 million)
- Marcus Allback
- Markus Kreuz
- Martin Djeton
- Martin Palermo (Boca)
- Martin Wood
- Maxim Tsigalko (Dinamo Minsk)
- Michael Ballack
- Michael Mols
- Omer Riza (West Ham.)
- Patrick Kluivert
- Paul Matthijs
- Peter Lovenkrands
- Pierre Wome
- Rafael Van Der Vaart
- Raul Estevez
- Sergey Semak
- Sharbel Touma
- Shota Arveladze
- Stefan Klos
- Stephane Dalmat
- Stephen Crainey
- Steve Harper (willing to drop down a few divisions and is only 800K at the start)
- Steve Mcmanaman
- Tierry Henry
- Tomas Rosicky
- Valery Karpin
- Vincenzo Montella
- Vinicio Espinal (buy him midway through first season)
- Vladimir Smicer
- Willie Howie (about £1 million)
- Willy Sagnol
- Zoltan Sebescen
Mark Kerr is very cheap, but becomes an amazing player. Buy him from Falkirk at the beginning. He will cost about £800,000 but can be worth up to £15 million after three or four years. Also llyas Saglamoglu from Torslanda is very cheap. He costs about £90,000 but can be worth up to £16 million. Also, try to buy players from Finnish or Swedish clubs. Some players can be bought for £200,000, but be worth about £8 million within half a season. Phillipe Mexes from Auxerre and Ivan Javier Cuadrado are also quite cheap and very good players for middle table Premiership clubs.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs