Chrono Trigger (DS)
Add to this page!
Complete the indicated task to view the corresponding alternate ending.
- Beyond Time: Defeat Lavos after reviving Crono at Death Peak.
- Dino Age: Defeat Lavos after facing Magus, but before facing Azala.
- Dream's Epilogue: Defeat the Dream Devourer beyond Time's Eclipse.
- Good Night: Defeat Lavos after visiting the End of Time, but before returning to the Middle Ages.
- Memory lane: Defeat Lavos after Schala opens the sealed door, but before restoring the light to the pendant.
- People Of The times: Defeat Lavos after regaining the gate key, but before giving the Masamune to Frog.
- Reunion: Defeat Lavos while Crono is dead.
- The Dream Project: Defeat Lavos in the Ocean Palace. Also available after starting New Game + mode.
- The Legendary Hero: Defeat Lavos after arriving in the Middle Ages, but before obtaining the Hero's Badge.
- The Oath: Defeat Lavos after giving the Masamune to Frog but before fighting Magus
- The Successor Of Guardia: Defeat Lavos after saving Leene and Marle, but before visiting the End of Time.
- The Unknown Past: Defeat Lavos after obtaining the Hero's Badge, but before the Gate key is stolen.
- What The Prophet Seeks: Defeat Lavos after facing Azala, but before Schala opens the sealed door.
New Game+ mode
Defeat Lavos and view any of the endings.
cetm bif lgav w, aayhsh
Dimensional Vortex dungeon
Defeat Lavos at the end of Blank Omen and complete the game.
Lost Sanctum dungeon
Unlock the Black Omen in 12,000 B.C. The Lost Sanctum dungeon is now accessible in 65 million B.C., and 600 A.D. at certain locations.
At the start of the game, in the Millennium Fair, do the following. At the east side from where you hit Marle, but before Gatto, there is a cat. Talk to it and go to where there is a girl (more to the right). She will be grateful. Only talk to the cat once. Never eat the food above the table before Gatto. When you crash Marle, immediately take the pendant and give her. Do not hesitate. When Marle asks you to wait on her before going up see Lucca, wait until she starts talking again. Do not move. These things will reflect some time more, when Chrono gets jailed.
The second time you fight Magus, you are given the choice of "Yes, I want to fight you" and "No, I don't". If you choose "No", not only will you not have to fight Magus, but he will also join your party.
On the Black Omen you will encounter a Blubber Hulk. Go to it and have Ayla use Charm to get a Strength Capsule. Retreat and go back through the door with the two Nus you came through. Repeat this as many times as desired to get as many Strength Capsules as needed.
Enter Guardia Forest in 600 AD. Follow the first right and go to the upper path. Notice the bush in the top left part of the small clearing. Move next to it and the bush will begin to shake. Press A and a monster will appear, drop a Shelter, then retreat. Collect the Shelter, leave the forest, and reenter. Repeat this as many times as desired.
More money in New Game +
Money does not transfer into your next game in New Game + mode. To keep your wealth, before facing Lavos at the end battle buy everything possible from the merchants until your funds are exhausted. Visit the trader in the Prehistoric Era and trade for as many of his items as possible. Defeat Lavos and complete the game. In New Game + mode your items will carry over. Sell all the unwanted items for money in New Game + mode.
- Ozzies Takeover: Because you have the Epoch, you are able to go to another keep, but it is Ozzie's fort. Defeat all the Bosses. During the last fight with Ozzie, do not hit the lever. Just make the ice burst, which takes a lot of time. In the triple battle, prevent Flea from escaping. Note: Defeat Slash first. If you defeated Ozzie within the ice, you will be rewarded with Ozzie's Pants, Slasher II, and Flea Buster (also if you charm them).
- Desert Extermination: Go with Robo to the house in the middle of the desert in 600 A.D. You must have defeated Magus once. The woman will ask for help, because her husband has came back. Have Robo in the second or third slot of your party. Go to the sunken desert (the whirlpool in the desert) and defeat the Boss. The boss is extremely difficult to defeat, because he drains a lot of HP. Then, accept the aid offer and go to 1000 A.D. There is now a monastery inside a large forest. Enter the monastery to find Robo, with a lot of vines around him. Lucca will repair him and they will have a small party in the forest. A red portal will open for Lucca, when everyone else is asleep. It will send her to 990 A.D., where a great disaster happens at the mother. Stop the machine by typing the mother's name. Note: The mothers name is a combination of buttons, "LARA" (Left, A, Right A). The machine will stop, and you can leave. When you get back, someone will notice you and you will be back at the monastery. Your reward is the ability to buy magic clothes, including a time hat. From now on you will always see Robo working in various forms at 600 B.C.
- The Power Of Greed: Go to 2300 A.D.. Go to the middle south island. Go inside the building found there. You will fight an eye with five flames surrounding it. One of the flames must be hit ten times, but the other four flames will counter. Sometimes the flames will switch positions and you will have to search again. After that, you will get a Moonstone. Go to 65,000,000 B.C. and place the Moonstone in mountain northeast. Go to 1000 B.C. and you will notice the stone is gone. Go to Porre City and buy a Spiced Jerky for 9,900. Then, go to 600 A.D. and give the woman the Spiced Jerky for free in the elder's house. Then, go to 1000 A.D. and talk to the mayor. He will give you the Moonstone back. Go to the island again (Sun Shrine) and replace it. Go to 2300 AD and retrieve it with Lucca. Your reward will be the Wondershot, which is Lucca's best weapon.
- Punishment Of A Treasure: You must meet Toma everywhere in 600 AD. Then, go to 1000 AD and go to Toma's grave. The ghost of Toma appears by using the spirit of Toma, and will tell you a location. A new cave in a mountain will appear at 600 A.D. Go through the mountain and you will be in the tyranno lair. Defeat Rust Tyrannosaur. Note: If you charm him, you will get the Crono's best sword. The Rainbowshell will appear in front of you. Talk to the king and inform him about the Rainbowshell. He will send troops. Go back to confirm they are really there. After return, go outside and go to 1000 A.D. Go to the castle, then go to the courtroom. The king will be accused. Try to interfere, and it will fail. Go to the treasure room, which is downstairs instead of upstairs. Go to the Rainbowshell and select it to obtain a shard. Try to interfere in the court again, and show the shard as evidence. The chancellor will try to stop you, but will be too late. He will transform into Yakra XIII. After defeating him, go to the treasure room and talk to Melchior. Your reward is a Prismatic Dress (only wearable by a woman) or three Prismatic Helms (suitable for any gender), in addition to a Rainbow Shard.
- Hunt For Your Life: After reviving Crono, go to the prehistoric hunting grounds in 65,000,000 B.C. Fight there frequently until a Nu appears. He is strong, but gives a lot of good items. Those items can be traded for a lot of good things. Your reward is a lot of petals, horns, fangs and claws as well as certain speed, strength or magic capsules. After giving ten of each item (excluding capsules) to the elder, you will get Ruby Armor (very strong against fire).
- The Factory In The South: Go to 2300 A.D. and you will find another factory. Note: Robo must be in the first slot of the party. This mini-quest is difficult because of an annoying puzzle. When you enter, you will have a 5-battle chain on a conveyor belt. When you are in, go to the upper floor and save the game. Go through the second floor until you reach another elevator to the first floor. You can now disable the laser, and reverse the conveyor belt in the middle of the room. There is a small place where you can charge Robo (sparks will fly from him) and run to another place, just the same as the place where you charge, but next to a door. The one just behind the conveyor belt is the hardest one; you must run a lot and you do not have a lot of time. After you completing them all, lure the green robot to the other green robot to short-circuit them. Then, select on the two "dolls" and go to the second floor again. Another Robo (in pink) will interfere with you. You will fight her solo with Robo. The opponent annoying and heals often. Walk further, place the two dolls on the two white spots, and open the big door. The mother brain will appear and you have to fight her. Do not destroy all three screens, or she will have a very strong counter you canot defeat. She will heal 1200 each turn from one screen.
- Where Cyrus Rests: This mini-quest is very annoying because the monsters can hit alot in the grave. Go to the year 1000 A.D. and talk to the carpenter in the bar and the carpenter's wife until you get the Carpenter Tools. Go to 600 A.D. and give the tools to the carpenter. You will say that there are some ruins which are in need to be renovated. Let them do that. The right and the left door are now open . The left door will lead to the main part of this sub-quest, and the right part will lead to some treasures. After all monsters are defeated, there will be some gaps that are blocking your way. Go to the carpenter and say there is a part to be renovated again. This will cost 1000 gold, and they only repair the ruins when every monster in the area they can reach is defeated. Your reward will be at the grave, where the Masamune's attack power will be upgraded to 200.
When you start the game, go to the Millennium Fair. Crash with Marle, give her the pendant, and go right up. Wait until she takes the candies, then go up. Then, you will be asked to enter the machine. Do so and talk to Marle. She will go inside and disappear. Instead of going up and taking the pendant, try to go back past Lucca. She will ask you to go after her. Then, enter the machine. Lucca will be surprised, even after asking you to go.
When fighting Krawlie, allow Chrono to die. Once you defeat him, he will go away in a sudden flashing light. Look at Chrono before he gets up. You will find only bits of Chrono instead of his whole body. Once he gets up he will return to normal. Note: Krawlie takes away all of your health except for one point; two or three hits will kill Chrono.
Repeating old man
In the Arris Dome (2300 A.D.), you will find an old man. Walk up and talk to him. He will say his name is Doan. Go out of the Arris Dome then come back in. Talk to him again. Look where the name should be. Notice how it says "Old Man" instead of "Doan".
Created by soloknight.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs