Command And Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour (PC)
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file;
create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text
editor to edit the "skirmishstat.ini" file in the game
folder. Replace the lines with the entries below to get all medals.
BestWinStreak = 1000 ChallengeCampaign3_0 = 10 Honors = 178682 LastHouse = GLAToxinGeneral Losses = 0 LoyalGames = 0 USACampaign_0 = 50 WinStreak = 1000 Wins = 1000 maps\alpine assault\alpine assault.map_4 = 1 maps\barrenbadlands\barrenbadlands.map_4 = 1 maps\bear town beatdown\bear town beatdown.map_4 = 3 maps\bitter winter\bitter winter.map_4 = 1 maps\bombardment beach\bombardment beach.map_4 = 1 maps\cairo commandos\cairo commandos.map_4 = 2 maps\dark mountain\dark mountain.map_4 = 3 maps\dark night\dark night.map_4 = 3 maps\desert fury\desert fury.map_4 = 1 maps\destruction station\destruction station.map_4 = 7 maps\dust devil\dust devil.map_4 = 1 maps\eastern everglades\eastern everglades.map_4 = 3 maps\el scorcho\el scorcho.map_4 = 3 maps\fallen empire\fallen empire.map_4 = 3 maps\final crusade\final crusade.map_4 = 1 maps\flash effect\flash effect.map_4 = 2 maps\flash fire\flash fire.map_4 = 1 maps\fortress avalanche\fortress avalanche.map_4 = 7 maps\free fire zone\free fire zone.map_4 = 5 maps\golden oasis\golden oasis.map_4 = 3 maps\green pastures\green pastures.map_4 = 5 maps\heartland shield\heartland shield.map_4 = 1 maps\homeland alliance\homeland alliance.map_4 = 3 maps\killing fields\killing fields.map_4 = 1 maps\leipzig lowlands\leipzig lowlands.map_4 = 1 maps\lights out\lights out.map_4 = 3 maps\lone eagle\lone eagle.map_4 = 3 maps\mountain guns\mountain guns.map_4 = 4 maps\overland\overland.map_4 = 3 maps\rocky rampage\rocky rampage.map_4 = 3 maps\rogue agent\rogue agent.map_4 = 3 maps\sand serpent\sand serpent.map_4 = 1 maps\silent river\silent river.map_4 = 1 maps\tournament city\tournament city.map_4 = 5 maps\tournament continent\tournament continent.map_4 = 3 maps\tournament desert\tournament desert.map_4 = 1 maps\tournament island\tournament island.map_4 = 3 maps\tournament lake\tournament lake.map_4 = 3 maps\tournament plains\tournament plains.map_4 = 1 maps\tournament tundra\tournament tundra.map_4 = 3 maps\tournament urban\tournament urban.map_4 = 3 maps\twilight flame\twilight flame.map_4 = 7 maps\victory valley\victory valley.map_4 = 3 maps\wasteland warlords\wasteland warlords.map_4 = 1 maps\whiteout\whiteout.map_4 = 7 maps\winding river\winding river.map_4 = 1 maps\winter wolf\winter wolf.map_4 = 1
- Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "skirmish" file in the "command&conquergenerals:zero-hour\data" folder. Look for the section labeled "starting cash". Under it, you can enter as much money as desired. When you start the game, and go to the skirmish set up screen. The starting money will not reflect what you entered, but once you start the game, the money should be there. Note: This trick only works for skirmishes, and not in campaigns or multi-player.
- Note: For unlimited money, edit the "starting cash" line to "-1".
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "INIZH.ini" file in the "\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI" directory. You can change things such as buttons, weapons, units, money, etc. in the file.
Cheat code restriction
You must have the full version of this game to activate any of the codes. If you do not have the full retail version or have modified your files so you do not have to use the disc all the time, you will not be able to use any of the cheat codes.
Complete one of the following tasks during a campaign or skirmish to unlock the corresponding award.
- Air Wing Honor: Build over 20 aircraft against the CPU.
- Apocalypse Honor: Build the Particle Cannon, Nuclear Missile, and Scud Storm.
- Battle Tank Honor: Build over 50 tanks against the CPU.
- Blitz Honor: Win a match in less than five or ten minutes.
- Challenge Campaign Honor: Complete the Generals Challenge Campaign. Bronze, Silver, or Gold depends on difficulty.
- China Campaign Honor: Complete the China Campaign. Bronze, Silver, or Gold depends on difficulty.
- Domination Honor: Win 100, 500, 1000, or 10,000 total matches
- Endurance Honor: Complete all skirmish maps against the CPU. Bronze, Silver, or Gold depends on difficulty.
- Fair Play Honor: Do not disconnect more than 10% of your online matches.
- GLA Campaign Honor: Complete the GLA Campaign. Bronze, Silver, or Gold depends on difficulty.
- Global General Honor: Win at least one online match as each General.
- Streak Honor: Win 3, 10, 25, 100, 500, or 1,000 consecutive victories.
- Ultimate Honor: Complete all Skirmish maps against the maximum number of enemies under the hard difficulty setting.
- USA Campaign Honor: Complete the USA Campaign. Bronze, Silver, or Gold depends on difficulty.
- The best chance to win any online game is to have a quick look around the map and search for oil derricks or resources. Once found, build a Barracks near them. Research Building Capture, then take the building. Always have a large defense around them.
- You can defeat an easy CPU opponent quickly if you set up a good defense system and wait until you get about $20,000. Then, train a lot of units (for example, Inferno Tanks if you are China).
- In Hard mode, when the game starts go to enemy's base and kill its Bulldozers or Peasants. Do not give them any chance to build Barracks or a Cold Fusion Reactor for an easy victory.
- The following trick creates an interesting but multi-unit "force rush". Build a force of Humvees or busses and fill them with a Sniper-Rebel and Rocket Troopers. Pile each vehicle up full with passengers then send them to attack. The Sniper-Rebel will down incoming infantry, and the missile troopers will damage difficult targets.
Dr. Thrax: Perfect attack force
As GLA Dr. Thrax, upgrade to Anthrax Gamma. After that,
you will need four Battle Buses. Fill two of them with Toxin Rebels
and the other two with RPG Troopers. This force will be very difficult
to defeat because the Toxin Rebel buses will destroy all infantry
in range, while the RPG troopers will destroy every tank, aircraft,
and even most buildings very easily. Also, they can attack from
behind and in front at the same time.
U.S.: Easy win
- Get six Humvees with TOW missiles and the Repair Droid. Load them up with two Snipers and three Rocket Soldiers. Use your Particle Cannon to knock out the enemies defenses then wreak havoc on the rest of the base.
- Take Col. Burton, and put a remote demo on any civilian tech building. Keep a constant watch on your radar screen in the corner. When an enemy starts to capture it, blow the charge. It works every time.
- When an Air Force general, build at least three Attack Chinooks. Inside one of them, place Col. Burton, six Rocket Men, and one Sniper. In the remaining ones, have six Rocket Men and two Snipers. Because you are the Air Force General, your air units have protective lasers, making them highly immune from a rocket attack. The speed of them will help during an attack of a base. Fly over a base, destroy as many Power Plants as you can to reduce the power, then destroy any Pulse Tanks (the ones with two red beams and one blue), as they can pose a big threat. From there it is easy to gather upgrades for the units inside.
- Create a Humvee and get a Pathfider. The Pathfinder can also attack from within. You can also garrison it in Chinook III with a U.S. Air Force general. Find a safe way to travel to the enemy's base and shoot infantry units.
- When an Air Force general, build about ten Combat Chinooks. Load each with a Sniper and seven Missile Defenders. Note: This will not work against a Super Weapon general.
U.S.: Get slow units to the battle faster
Most battles need support eventually. If you need a slow but powerful unit to get from your base to the battle on the other side of the map, use your Chinooks. A single Chinook can carry up to two vehicles, such as the Tomahawk Missile, however some for some units you can only fit one in a Chinook. This is a quick way to keep the fight going and get that one unit where it needs to be to win.
U.S. Campaign: Oil Derrick: Easy completion
- When you get to the oil field level, build your base. Then put several missile launchers and Fire Storms at the north of your base, Build a very large force but do not destroy the radar station or the GLA will send a non-stop assault on your base. The suicide units do a lot of damage but are easier to kill. Then, use your A-10 assault, etc. to weaken their perimeter. Find the CIA agents and destroy their buildings, then take your assembled army to destroy their remaining forces.
- Build defenses and CC. Build Avengers and put them next to the defense to protect against Buggies and SCUD launchers. Build a lot of Humvees and fill them with four Missile Defenders and one Sniper each. Put two to four Avengers with them then go in and wipe out the enemy base.
- Line an area with a sequence of Patriot, then Firestorm Base, Patriot, and keep going. Then fill the Firestorm Bases with four Pathfinders. This will help you take out infantry without the trouble of Flashbangs or other hazards.
- Get a Combat Chinook and fill it with a mix of Pathfinders and Rocket Launcher troops. If you are facing a lot of tanks, go with more Rockets. If you are just cleaning up infantry, get more Snipers. A combination of two Snipers and six Rocket Launchers is excellent for clearing occupied civilian buildings (for example, the Laser General level in Generals Challenge). Just hover by the building and the Rocket Launchers can open fire. When the enemy soldiers are flushed out, the snipers will pick them off quickly. This can also take out tanks better than Commanches, because the Rockets reload fast. However, Gatling Tanks can take these down very easily.
- Build four Patriot Missiles and two Firebases (artillery centers). Inside each of the Firebases, put a Sniper, tow rockets and a machine gunner This will tear your enemy's assault vehicles and infantry to pieces very quickly.
Chinese: Easy wins
- When you are an infantry general in 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 games, in the beginning build lots of Helixes. Fill them all with seven Tank Hunters and a Minigunner. They will defend all your allies and their base can grow as large as desired. At the end of the game you can rest in your base and watch the flames.
- When you are an infantry general, create around ten Assault Helixes. Load them with two Minigunners and the rest Tank Hunters. The Minigunners will take out infantry and the Tank Hunters will destroy tanks and vehicles. Note: This does not work against a Super Weapon general.
- Make six Overlords. Upgrade two of each with the available upgrades (Gattling, Propaganda, and Bunker). Fill the Bunker Overlords with Tank Hunters. Build a few Gattling tanks and Storm them. Take a few units such as plain Red Guards and walk them out the front of the base to lure out jets and other units so that they use their ammo and lessen their theat.
Chinese: Ultimate force
Create six Emperors or Overlords, depending on the
General you are playing as. If you are using Overlords, upgrade
two with Bunkers and fill them with Tank Hunters, upgrade two
with Propaganda Towers, and two with Gattling Cannons.
Chinese: Base infiltration army
Note: This army requires skills in range and stealth (hiding). The units required are one to ten Battlemasters, one to ten Gattling Tanks, one to five Nuke Cannons, Black/Super Lotus. Tech Buildings needed are Tech Repair Bay and/or Tech Reinforcement Pad. Use the Nuke Cannons to destroy base defenses. If aircraft/infantry/tanks arrive to kill the Nuke Cannons, kill them with the Battlemasters and Gattling Tanks. Use Super/Black Lotus to get in the base and capture buildings. Super/Black Lotus is revealed when using abilities, so defend her with the tanks described above. When the building capture is complete, sell the building at once unless you are going to use it for something else. Quickly click on the Super/Black Lotus and let her run. Avoid Speaker Towers and other stealth-revealing tanks or buildings. This will reinforce her stealth ability. Destroy all buildings that cannot be captured with the Nuke Cannons and tanks. You will not have to completely destroy the Base Defenses, as they are not important in your victory. Note that Speaker Towers must be destroyed to win. Note: If your opponent is U.S.A. or China and has superweapons, capture the power plants first.
Chinese: "Coburg, Germany" mission
There is a virtually indestructible building to the north of your base near the entrance of the last statue (small square building). It only has a slot for one unit. If you can get an infantry unit inside it all the GLA units in that area will attack it, causing a major distraction for you to destroy the last statue.
GLA: Easy wins
- When in multi-player mode and your enemy has a super weapon, build twenty Terrorist Cycles. Then, hit the EMP Patriots.
- As a GLA Stealth general, create a Hijacker. Go to the enemy territory and capture his Bulldozer. Build a Command Center in your base. Even if your Bulldozer gets destroyed you can build it by sending Peasants to that construction site. You can then use your enemy's technology as well as your own.
GLA: Scud attack
Play as any GLA general. You can only do this online. Get a Worker and build a Scud Storm to 0%. To do this, tell him to work on it then tell him to go to a different place. Then, click on the unbuilt Scud Storm. Hold Q then [Ctrl]. While holding those keys, click where you want the Scud Storm to hit. You can do this multiple times and you only have to wait
a few seconds between launches.
GLA: Good base defense and attack force
For a good base defense, have two Stinger sites and one Network (depending on how big the area is). Once you have built up a good defense, expand to other areas and build defence there. Keep building your base up. Once all of that is done, build about fifty Quad Cannons.
Laser General: Easy win
Set the starting cash to 50,000. The three things you need to know are power, the layout of the map, and money for this general. To start, click your Command Center and quickly build six Bulldozers. Try accomplishing this in less than three seconds. Speed is essential. Next, use three Bulldozers to build three Cold Fusion Power Plants next to the Command Center. Once the Bulldozers finish the Power Plants, upgrade to Control Rods immediately on all three. Use the three Bulldozers that finish the plants and start building the barracks. Use the leftover three Bulldozers and build three Laser Turrets in a line to the area where the enemy is most likely to attack. Form a Laser Turret row like this:
0 0 0
Be expected to click and build a line of three in less than ten seconds. Afterwards, use the spare Bulldozer to build a Resource Collection near the Supply Depot and the other Bulldozer to build a War Factory after the Resource Collection. If you have enough power (green bar), build two Laser Turrets on either side of the base. This protects your flanks. With the spare Bulldozers, build more Power Plants and build another Chinook from the Resource Collection point. Once the Laser Turrets are all built and the War Factory expect to be attacked next. Once the first wave is annihilated, build another two Laser Turrets next to the line so it ends up like:
Next, build a Strategy Center and click on War Factory. Once the Strategy Center is built, buy three Laser Avengers (LAV) and put them in between the laser turret line like so it appears like:
0-LAV 0-LAV 0-LAV 0 0
This stops Rocket Buggies and airplanes. Finally, build four more Power Plants and start building two or three Supply Drop Zones. When enough money comes in, build more Supply Drops. After you have more than enough power, start building four Particle Uplink Cannons. Wait for all of the cannons to fire on the target. Note: If the CPU has a super weapon built after the fourth Uplink Cannon is under construction. it should take two shots to take out their Command Center from the two built before. Target their Bulldozers or workers and any of their super weapons under construction. For added base protection, build two more Laser Turrets on the line and another two Laser Avengers in between. Then it is up to you on how to defeat the enemy.
Seaside Mutiny: Easy win
When fighting a battle on the Seaside Mutiny map, at the front of your base where the artillery platforms are, build the following. For the Chinese, build two Gatling Guns and a Bunker filled with Rocket Troopers. For U.S.A.. build two Patriots and a Fire Base with Rangers. For GLA, build two Stingers and a Tunnel Network. Capture the artillery platforms, then repeat the defense pattern on the sides as many times as possible. You can now build in the entire area without fear of enemy aircraft or land units.
Easy Blitz medal
You must defeat your opponent in less than five minutes. Play as USA or China (recommended) and challenge a single GLA opponent. Select the Easy difficulty setting. Observe the map on the right. Look at the black circles outlined with yellow lines. They are your starting positions. Start the game. Because you already know where your enemy's base is located, send your first Construction Dozer to it as quickly as possible. Run over all the workers, then quickly build a Barracks. Build a few Tank Hunters (or research the Capture Building upgrade). If you built Tank Hunters, keep shooting the enemy until their entire base is destroyed. They cannot construct any building because you ran over all their workers. Make sure to destroy their Barracks and Supply Stash first. If using the capture building method, train a few Red Guards or Rangers, then capture all their buildings.
Easy skirmish mode wins
- Play as the U.S. laser general against the Chinese infantry general. This also works well on the eight-player maps. Sit up so that every man is for himself. On the hard level, the infantry general sends waves of soldiers who are easily mowed down by the laser turrets. Be quick to obtain the particle cannon so that you can knock out the nuclear missiles.
- As an Air Force general, build about ten Combat Chinooks. Load each of them with one Sniper and seven Missile Defenders. Note: This does not work against the Super Weapon general.
- As an infantry general, make around ten Assault Helixes. Load them with two Minigunners and the rest Tank Hunters. The Minigunners will take out infantry and the Tank Hunters will destroy tanks and vehicles. Note: This does not work against the Super Weapon general.
Easy multi-player mode wins
When you are against the GLA, you can destroy the cars so that the other player cannot use them as car bombs. The trick is to crush the cars by passing over them. Have one of your tanks or bulldozers go next to the car. They will not go around it, but will instead go over it.
Extra particle beam power
It is possible to vastly increase the effectiveness of your particle beam so you can spread out its effect or do more damage to hardened structures, such as Command Centers and SCUD Storms. When you start your beam, instead of clicking once to steer it to a new target, rapidly click and aim beyond your target. This will cause it to move much faster. It will be fast enough to even chase down vehicles, mainly bulldozers. Note that it is not the beam itself that damages structures, but the fire it creates. When targeting a tough building, "scrub" by targeting alternating sides of the building in a zig-zag pattern with the rapid clicking. Not only will the beam cause massive damage, but it will leave a trail of fire behind it. Every unit of fire will cause its own damage as well. With this method it is possible to destroy any Super Weapon or Command Center in a single charge. This is possible, but very difficult, but impossible if the enemy is using "hold the line" or "fortify structures". Combining it with an airstrike or paradrop is highly recommended.
Go to Skirmish mode and select the Tournament Urban map. Then, go into the main city where the tank drop is located. In the top left of the screen is a building that has a symbol that is identical to Yuri's symbol, but is missing one line.
Watch a shell map
If you just want to watch a shell map, but not on the main menu, put the file into the maps folder. When you go to the Skirmish menu, go to "Unofficial Maps". The shell map should be in the area where missions are, with no player number next to it.
Some words are censored in online games. To bypass this, type the word that is normally censored, then hold [Alt] and type 255 on the numeric keypad followed by more text.
This trick works only on the GLA. Build a SCUD Storm,
then click on it (does not have to be fully constructed) and press
Q. Then, hold [Ctrl] and click on the place where
you want to launch your SCUD Storm.
Falling motorcycle driver
Take the motorcycle on the GLA and make him drive as
fast as he can off a very steep cliff. He will go for a short
distance, then fall straight down. It will hurt him while on the
bike. However while in the air and still dropping perfectly straight
down, evacuate him. He will fall and get hurt, but his health
will increase to the length of the bikes.