Add to this page!
This game is titled Contra 4 in North America and Contra: Dual Spirits in Japan.
Pause game play, then press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start to fully upgrade all your weapons. Note: This code can only be done once per level, as repeating it will cause death. Also, you must have an upgradeable weapon to avoid the death effect. Using the code has no benefit under the Easy difficulty setting.
Start a new game in Arcade mode under the Normal or Hard difficulty setting. Tap the touchscreen at the following locations as soon as level 1 begins: top edge twice, bottom edge twice, left edge, right edge, left edge, right edge. Then, press B, A, and tap the center of the touch screen. Note: This must be completed before the helicopter drops your character on the ground.
NES Contra: 30 lives
Press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, Y, B, Start before the demonstration begins at the Contra title screen.
NES Super C 10 lives
Press Right, Left, Down, Up, B, Y at the Super C title screen.
Successfully complete the game to unlock Challenge mode.
beaveu atyfb rhysrvb
Challenge mode bonuses
Complete the indicated number of challenges to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- NES Contra: 4 challenges
- NES Super C: 8 challenges
- Probotector character: 12 challenges
- Nobuya Nakazato interview: 16 challenges
- Lucia character: 20 challenges
- Contra 3 comic: 24 challenges
- Sheena Etranzi: 28 challenges
- Jimbo and Sully from Contra 3: The Alien Wars: 36 challenges
- Sound Test option: 40 challenges
- Successfully complete the game. Press Up(2), Down(2), or X(2) at the character selection screen to choose one of three alternate colors.
- To use alternate colors for Probotector, Lucia, or Sheena Etranzi, select one of them in Challenge mode. Start any challenge that takes place in the Harvest Yard stage. Die after entering the stage, then return to the main menu and select "Character Select". If done correctly, that character will appear in an alternate color. Select that character again to play in that alternate color. To return to their original color, swipe through the character select menu to another character then go back and select the character.
Successfully complete the game under the Normal or Hard difficulty setting.
Created by cubex55.
Lose a life precisely when you gain an extra life. You will now have 99 lives.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs