Dead Rising 2 (PlayStation3)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item.
- Bowling Shirt: Import a saved game file from Dead Rising: Case Zero (Xbox 360 exclusive).
- Champion's Jacket: Win a TIR Online episode.
- Convicts: Kill 10 psychopaths.
- Dealer Outfit: Change into all available pieces of clothing, except locker items.
- Hockey Mask: Use every melee weapon to make a kill.
- Hunting Jacket: Import a saved game file from Dead Rising: Case Zero (Xbox 360 exclusive).
- Overalls: Import a saved game file from Dead Rising: Case Zero (Xbox 360 exclusive).
- Tattered Clothes: Kill 1,000 zombies with hand-to-hand.
- TIR Helmet: Earn $1,000,000 in TIR Online.
- TIR Outfit: Earn $5,000,000 in TIR Online.
- Waitress Oufit: Import a saved game file from Dead Rising: Case Zero (Xbox 360 exclusive).
- Willamette Mall Outfit: Rescue 50 survivors. (Screenshot 1) (Screenshot 2)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending sequence.
- Ending A (True): Complete all cases, give Katey the Zombrex each time, do not give TK the Zombrex before completing "The Facts".
- Ending B: Give Katey the Zombrex each time, starting at Case 6-2 allow the time to advance until 7 a.m. on September 29, do not complete "The Facts".
- Ending C: Give Katey the Zombrex each time, do not complete Case 6-1 or fail any other case before Case 6-1, and be in the safehouse before the military arrives.
- Ending D: Be outside the safehouse when the military arrives.
- Ending F: Do not give Katey the Zombrex and be in the safehouse by the time the military arrives.
- Ending S: Complete all cases, give Katey the Zombrex each time, give TK the Zombrex before completing "The Facts".
Hold [Aim] while unarmed and press [Throw] or [Fire]. Although it will not do much damage, it can be done an unlimited number of times.
Combine the indicated items to create the corresponding weapon.
srdstwl , , and
- Drill Bucket: Power Drill + Bucket
- I.E.D.: Propane Tank + Nails
- Molotov: Whiskey + Newspaper
- Pole Weapon: Machete + Push Broom
- Air Horn: Pylon + Spray Paint
- Gem Blower: Leaf Blower + Gems
- Fountain Lizard: Fountain Fireworks + Lizard Head
- Hacker: Flashlight + Computer Case
- Ripper: Cement Saw + Saw Blades
- Electric Chair: Wheelchair + Battery
- Flaming Gloves: Motor Oil + Boxing Gloves
- Heliblade: Machete + Remote Helicopter
- Fire Spitter: Toy Spitball gun + Tiki Torch
- Beer Hat: Construction Hat + Beer
- Sticky Bomb: Lawn Dart + Dynamite
- Driller: Power Drill + Spear
- Defiler: Fire Axe + Sledge Hammer
- Hail Mary: Grenade + Football
- Freezer Bomb: Dynamite + Fire Extinguisher
- Knife Gloves: Bowie Knife + Boxing Gloves
- Roaring Thunder: Goblin Mask + Battery
- Super Slicer: Servbot Mask + Lawn Mower
- Handy Chipper: Wheelchair + Lawn Mower
- Dynameat: Dynamite + Hunk of Meat
- Electric Rake: Rake + Battery
- Parablower: Leaf Blower + Parasol
- Boomstick: Pitchfork + Shotgun
- Auger: Drill Motor + Pitchfork
- Infernal Arms: Training Sword + Motor Oil
- Porta Mower: Lawn Mower + 2x4
- Super B.F.G.: Blast Frequency Gun + Amplifier
- Tesla Ball: Bingo Ball Cage + Battery
- Spear Launcher: Leaf Blower + Spear
- Bllitzkrieg: Electric Chair + Assault Gun
- Flamethrower: Water Gun + Gas Canister (defeat Slappy)
- Rocket Launcher: Lead Pipe + Rocket Fireworks (defeat Magicians)
- Tenderizers: MMA Gloves + Box of Nails (search the poster in front of Casual Gal's store in Royal Flush Plaza)
- Power Guitar: Electric Guitar + Amplifier (rescue Floyd Stone in the "Rock Heroes" side mission)
- Laser Sword: Flashlight + Gems (search the poster behind counter at the movie theater on Platinum Strip)
- Blambow: Bow and Arrow + Dynamite (search the movie poster on the south side of Cucina Donnacci)
- Freedom Bear: Robot Bear + LMG (search the poster for the Clint Rockfoot movie "Stop Or My Bear Will Shoot!" outside the men's bathroom in the Yucatan Casino)
- Paddlesaw: Paddle + Chainsaw (search the "Paddle Party Massacre" poster in front of Slot Ranch Casino)
- Snowball Cannon: Water Gun + Fire Extiguisher
- Spiked Bat: Bat + Box of Nails (get the key to the Maintenance level)
- Wingman: Queen + Nectar (Orange Juice + Orange Juice)
- Burning Skull: Bull Skull + Motor Oil (pay the fortune teller outside of One Little Duck Bingo $1,200,000)
- Exsanquinator: Vacuum Cleaner + Saw Blades (rescue Wallace Hertzog for "Tape It Or Die 2" side mission)
- Plate Launcher: Cement Saw + plates (complete the "Tape It Or Die 1" side mission)
- Blazing Aces: Tennis Racket + Tiki Torch (Rescue Left Hand Lance for the "Tape It Or Die 2" side mission)
- Holy Arms: Training Sword + Nails (search the "Pit Viking" poster in the Atlantica Casino near the fortune park entrance)
Additionally you can create vehicle-weapon combinations after you unlock the motorcycle trailer by completing the "Here Come The Contestants" mission.
- Chainsaw Motorcycle: Motorcycle + Chainsaw
- Machine Gun Motorcycle: Motorcycle + LMG
- Rabbit Motorcycle: Motorcycle + Giant Stuffed Rabbit (found outside on top of Moe's Maginations); earns 10 PP for every killed zombie.
- Rocket Motorcycle: Motorcycle + Rocket Launcher (Lead Pipe + Rocket Firework)
- Wheelchair Motorcycle (adds sidecar): Motorcycle + Wheelchair. Note: This makes the bike very difficult to steer correctly.
Use the following combinations to create the corresponding food.
- Energizer (cannot be injured for ten seconds)
- Chili + Chili
- Taco + Hamburger
- Nectar (attracts nearby Queens and spawns one Queen nearby for six minutes)
- Orange Juice + Orange Juice
- Jelly Beans + Beer
- Onion Rings + Orange Juice
- Pain Killer (take half physical damage for one minute)
- Beer + Beer
- Vodka + Vodka
- Quick Step (increase movement speed for one minute)
- Milk + Jelly Beans
- Wine + Beer
- Bacon + Pie
- Randomizer (stomach pains that make Chuck vomit three times within three minutes)
- Beer + Cooking Oil
- Wine + Vodka
- Repulse (zombies ignore you for one minute; cancels out Zombait)
- Bacon + Chili
- Chili + Large Soda
- Chili + Ketchup
- Chili + Onion Rings
- Chili + Pie
- Spitfire (spit flames at zombies for one minute)
- Bacon + Onion Rings
- Ketchup + Ketchup
- Bacon + Orange Juice
- Chili + Orange Juice
- Untouchable (cannot be grabbed by zombies but can still take damage from attacks for one minute)
- Bacon + Bacon
- Pizza + Large Soda
- Bacon + Milk
- Chili + Milk
- Onion Rings + Milk
- Onion Rings + Pie
- Pie + Orange Juice
- Orange Juice + Milk
- Zombait (attract zombies for one minute)
- Jelly Beans + Chili
- Apple + Taco
- Pie + Milk
Ghosts 'n Goblins knight armor
Collect all four pieces of the knight armor to get half damage. If lose 50% health, the armor will break and you will take normal damage in your underwear. The armor pieces can be found as follows.
- Beard: In the rear of the "Wave of Style" hairdresser's shop in Royal Flush Plaza.
- Knight's Armor: Complete the game with an "S" rank.
- Knight's Boots: Purchased for $2 million from "Moe's Migitations" on the Platinum Strip
- Knight's Helmet: Rescue Jack in "Meet the Family" and defeat him in a poker game in the "Ante Up" case.
Free Zombrex locations
Search the following locations to get free Zombrex.
- Royal Flush Plaza: Found during the case, in Big Roy’s Mart.
- Americana Casino: Follow the right side at the fork on the second floor of the BBQ restaurant. Jump on the balcony and over to the closest light then continue across the rest of the lights.
- Slot Ranch Casino: Go backstage behind the curtain and climb up the stack of boxes and speakers. Jump on a smaller stack of boxes and speakers.
- Underground Access: Go directly under the Atlantica Casino. Note: The underground path overlaps the upper edge of the casino. The Zombrex is near an access ladder on a raised walkway.
- Code Blue mission: Save and bring the paramedic to Dean (from the Once Bitten mission). The paramedic will also give Dean a free Zombrex.
- Yucatan Casino: Look on top of the tallest slot machine display in the middle.
- Royal Flush Plaza: Defeat the Postal Worker during the mission.
- Silver Strip Diner: Bring Richard (Hunger Pains) food and rescue him.
- Destroy an ATM machine. Each one will drop between $2,000 and $2,500. Note: If you have the "Hacker" combo (Flashlight + Computer Case), you can double the money you normally receive from an ATM machine.
- Find a slot machine that has a pile of $100 in front of it. You can win on that slot machine up to five times. To reset the machine so it will pay out again, go into the map (a casino or the machines by the Sports Car in the Royal Flush Plaza) again. If you have one or more of the three gambling magazines this will work better.
- Make sure you have at least $25,000 to $50,000 before doing this trick. Go to the Slot Ranch casino. On one of the walls is a Heart slot machine that has two buy in amounts ($100 and $1,000). Select $1,000. Keep playing this machine until you have $6 million. It will not take very long. Then, buy as much as desired. The best combinations (hearts fill in for the third slot), three hearts are $100,000; two hearts and a dollar sign are $100,000; two hearts and a diamond are $50,000; and two hearts and a seven are $25,000.
- Go to a maintenance room and combine a flashlight with a computer case to get the Hacker weapon. Use it on ATM machines to get $10,000 each time.
- Go to Royal Flush Plaza. Go to the sports shop called "SporTrance". On the bottom floor you can play a game of Virtual Golf for $2,000. If you win, you will receive $10,000. Note: The difficulty increases as you win.
Get a merc auto rifle and go to the Tunemakers music store at the Royal Flush Plaza. Make the Blitzkrieg weapon by first combining the wheelchair (found just in front of the store) and the car battery (found inside the maintenance room). Then, combine the electric chair with the merc rifle. Ride the Blitzkrieg out into the plaza and start shooting zombies. When you run out of ammo, drive the Blitzkrieg through the opening to the Slot Ranch Casino. Ammo for the Blitzkrieg is now refilled and you can shoot some zombies again. When you run out, simply drive back to the Royal Flush Plaza and the ammo will be refilled. This can be repeated as many times as desired for easy PP. Note: Do not run over too many zombies because the Blitzkrieg will break.
Instead of carrying survivors in your arms or your back, push a wheelchair up to them and wait for them sit down. Note: They do not have to be injured. You can then run them back to the safehouse easily. Do not hit too many zombies or walls or you will dump the survivor and the wheelchair will break.
Get the motorbike from the front of the arena. Drive it to the fireworks store at Silver Strip. Get rockets and ride the bike to the alley with the maintenance room. Get a metal pipe and ride the bike to the rock canyon. Enter the maintenance room in the rocks and create a rocket launcher. Exit the door of the maintenance room and stand in the left side corner. Save the game. When Leon appears from the left side, he will run into the wall. Shoot him with the rocket launcher and repeat until he has been defeated.
Defeating Sergeant Psycho
- Use the following trick to easily kill Sgt. Dwight during Case 6-2. When you enter Fortune Park, go to the red SUV. It costs $2 million to unlock by purchasing the keys. Get in the SUV and drive to the entrance of the underground area. Squeeze the SUV into the underground area. When you get to the entrance for the loading bay, notice that it is blocked off by a line of large boxes. It is possible to drive over these boxes and squeeze the SUV under the security gate, which will trigger the cinematic for the Boss fight against Sgt. Dwight. After the cinematic, you will be on foot again. However, if you look at where you entered, you will see the SUV is stuck halfway in the room. Get in the SUV and squeeze it in the rest of the way. You can now use it to kill Sgt. Dwight.
- When you go down the the tunnels, go directly to the second maintenance room on the left side, following the arrow towards the mission. There should be a Servbot mask and lawnmower outside. Combine those to make the Superslicer. Take this to the fight. Whenever he stops to reload, charge him with the Superslicer on. If done correctly, you can defeat him in about five hits.
Get one or two squirt guns from inside the toy shop where you fight Slappy. Shoot him with a squirt gun a few times. He will then struggle with his flamethrower, giving you a chance to attack him with a melee weapon (spiked bat or Defiler recommended) before taking cover again. Repeat the process until you defeat him.
Easy "Father Of The Year" achievement or trophy
Collect the following items to unlock the achievement or trophy:
- Robot bear
- Bag of marbles
- Beach ball
- Stick pony
- Giant stuffed donkey
- Giant stuffed elephant
- Giant stuffed bull
- Water gun
- Giant Stuffed Rabbit
- Tiger (give it steak or ribs to tame it)
- Funny painting (obtained on the case 4 mission "Art Appreciation")
Easy "Zombie Genocide Master" achievement or trophy
- Have $2 million and the Driver magazine, which can be found in BBQ Jacks near the soda fountain. Purchase the SUV key from the pawnshop in Silver Strip. You can find the SUV across the street in the Shamrock Casino. Drive it around the strip, killing zombies. The Driver magazine allows the SUV with to last three times longer. When your SUV is gone, enter a casino that forces the game to load. Come back out and the SUV will have respawned in the Shamrock Casino, fully repaired. You can get about 4,000 zombie kills with each SUV spawn, requiring about fifteen minutes to get 72,000 kills.
- Although it is a good idea to have the Driving magazine and the SUV, it will take much longer than fifteen minutes. The best way to do this is to start a new game after you have purchased the SUV key. Go directly to the Americana casino to pick up the Driving magazine as soon as you get to leave the safehouse, then to the SUV. Make one lap from the Yucatan casino to the Arena and back, which should average about 1,000 kills per pass. Go into the Yucatan and immediately back out to respawn; otherwise they begin to really thin out. You must keep this up for the full 72 in-game hours which requires about nine real hours. You can save and break it down into multiple attempts, but remember the time it will take you to get back and forth from a bathroom will waste valuable time. The military will show up at 10 a.m. on Day 3 to arrest Chuck, putting an end to the slaughter. It is possible that you may be able to return to the safe house just prior to this to extend your game one extra day, giving you an approximately an extra 24 hours.
Easy "Smashy" achievement or trophy
Go to the "Flaming Craps" area in Royal Flush Plaza. Hop the barrier and kill the police zombies. As other zombies gather around the barrier, use the smash move to pull them through the barrier and bust their heads on the railing. This results in an almost 100% kill rate. Kill 100 zombies with this method to earn the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Tape It Or Die" achievement or trophy
Find a zombie (usually in a crowd) with his hands in the air. Kill him to release the queen in a bottle, as in the original Dead Rising. Get a beer and go to the candy store. Take some jelly beans. Combine the jelly beans and beer to create nectar. Combine the nectar and the queen to unlock the achievement or trophy, as well as a combo card.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- Zombie Slaughter (Bronze): Kill 500 zombies.
- Zombie Destruction (Bronze): Kill 5,000 zombies.
- Vigilante Justice (Bronze): Defeat 5 psychopaths.
- Judge, Jury and Executioner (Bronze): Defeat 10 psychopaths.
- Zombie Fu (Bronze): Kill 1,000 zombies barehanded.
- Wrong Kind of Chopper (Bronze): Kill 1,000 zombies while riding a motorcycle.
- He hasn't covered wars... (Bronze): Use every type of firearm on a zombie.
- Head Trauma (Bronze): Use every type of melee weapon on a zombie.
- Death From Afar (Bronze): Use every type of ranged weapon on a zombie.
- Explosive Temper (Bronze): Use every type of explosive on a zombie.
- Death of Comedy (Bronze): Use every type of novelty weapon on a zombie.
- Come On Follow Me (Bronze): Escort 8 survivors at once.
- Saving the Day (Bronze): Save 10 survivors.
- Hero of Fortune City (Bronze): Save 50 survivors.
- Needs More Chainsaw (Bronze): Create a combo weapon.
- Duct Tape FTW (Bronze): Create all combo weapons.
- Apprentice Rising (Bronze): Reach level 25.
- Professional Rising (Bronze): Reach level 50.
- Fashion Aficionado (Bronze): Change into 10 different pieces of clothing.
- Chuck Greene: Cross Dresser? (Bronze): Change into all pieces of clothing in the game.
- Bartender (Bronze): Mix a drink.
- Look at All That Juice (Bronze): Create and consume all mixed drinks in the game.
- Finally Full (Bronze): Eat all types of food in the game.
- Having A Gas (Bronze): Kill 1,000 gas zombies.
- Father of the Month (Bronze): Give Katey a gift.
- Father of the Year (Bronze): Give Katey all possible gifts.
- Better With A Friend (Bronze): Solve all case files in Co-op mode.
- Don't You Die On Me (Bronze): Revive another player in Co-op mode.
- Big Spender (Bronze): Spend $6,000,000 in Fortune City.
- Window Shopper (Bronze): Enter all stores in the game.
- Masquerade (Bronze): Have 10 zombies with masks on at once.
- Improper Behavior (Bronze): Spraypaint all Zombrex posters.
- TK's Favorite (Bronze): Play and win in all 9 TIR events.
- Rising Star (Bronze): Come in first place in a single TIR event.
- Win Big! (Bronze): Finish in first place in a TIR episode.
- Custom Finish (Bronze): Give your bike a custom paint job.
- Curiously Inventive (Bronze): Collect all combo cards hidden in Fortune City.
- Life Saver (Bronze): Collect all combo cards from survivors.
- Tough Guy (Bronze): Collect all combo cards from psychopaths.
- Half Deck (Bronze): Collect 25 combo cards.
- Smashy (Bronze): Smash 100 zombies using the Smash skill move.
- Stick 'em up! (Bronze): Stick it to a zombie by covering him in weapons and objects!.
- Skill to Survive (Bronze): Tame Snowflake.
- Z-Genocider 2: Genocide Harder (Silver): Kill 53,596 zombies.
- Clean Record (Silver): Complete The Facts.
- Justice Served (Silver): Complete Overtime.
- Zombie Genocide Master (Gold): Kill 72,000 zombies.
- Full Deck (Gold): Collect all combo cards.
- Data Miner (Gold): Fill all entries in the notebook.
- DR2 Trophy Master (Platinum): You have acquired all the trophies in Dead Rising 2.
Additionally there is one secret trophy.
- Tap it or DIE (Silver): Discovered the secret combo card.
Duplicate itemsThis trick requires twopeople. For added PP Boost, this trick is best done with the Rescue magazine, found in the Arena Security office, which can only be accessed during or after mission "Insecurity". Locate any magazine you wish to duplicate and have it in your inventory. Save your game. Then, have a friend start their own game and locate the same magazine. Either invite your friend or join them in their game, but from the in-game friends list and not from the main menu. When you arrive in their game or they arrive in yours, they will bring their inventory over with them. The person who joined will then quit, dropping their inventory for the second player to pick up. The person who quit can then reload their own game, and still have their inventory items. They can rejoin and either pick up any items the host has not picked up, or repeat as many times as necessary to obtain the desired number of items. If done with the Rescue magazine then times it will result in a total of 250% bonus PP to survivor activities (Join and Escort bonuses), which can get you somewhere in the range of 10 million PP in a single playthrough.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs