Dead Space 2 (PlayStation3)
Successfully complete Dead Space: Ignition in single player Ignition mode to unlock the Hacker suit (has bonus perks and hacking capabilities), a Hacker-themed Contact Beam weapon skin, exclusive audio logs, and extra power nodes, health packs, and credits.
fbwfd depniua gbyinfd
Refurbished Plasma Cutter
Have a saved game file from the original Dead Space. The Refurbished Plasma Cutter can be found at the first store.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding suit.
- Arctic Security Suit: Complete the game under the Zealot difficulty to unlock it at the store
- Elite Advanced Suit: Find the schematic in New Game + mode during Chapter 11. When the yellow lift reaches the top, turn around to find it on the ledge between the elevator and wall.
- Elite Engineer Suit: Find the schematic in New Game + mode during Chapter 1, just before the first short outer space section.
- Elite Riot Suit: Purchase at the store in New Game + mode.
- Elite Security Suit: Find the schematic in New Game + mode during Chapter 9. After you exit the tram, search over the railing.
- Elite Vintage Suit: Find the schematic in New Game + mode during Chapter 6. Search the area where you fight the tank before the end of the chapter.
- Hacker Suit: Have a saved game file from Dead Space: Ignition to unlock it at the store.
- Soldier Suit: Complete the game under the Hardcore difficulty to unlock it at the store.
Successfully complete the game under the Hardcore difficulty setting and upgrade the plasma pistol. The unlimited ammunition and one hit kill hand cannon can be found at the first shop. This weapon resembles a foam finger, and when fired Isaac makes "Bang Bang" and "Pew Pew Pew" sounds.
Successfully complete Campaign mode. This mode only allows you to restart from the last save game and only three save slots for the entire campaign will be available. You also cannot start this difficulty from the "New Game +" option.
New Game + mode
Successfully complete Campaign mode and save the game. This mode allows access to your all the weapons and items in the store and your inventory.
Extraction: Expert and Impossible difficulty
Successfully complete Chapter 10.
Reach the indicated level in your online career to unlock the corresponding upgrade.
- Lurker Execution Attack Damage Increase: Level 27
- Lurker Health Increase: Level 43
- Lurker Melee Damage Increase: Level 15
- Lurker Range Damage Increase: Level 3
- Pack Execution Attack Damage Increase: Level 18
- Pack Gets Out of Stasis Faster: Level 48
- Pack Health Increase: Level 31
- Pack Melee Damage Increase: Level 6
- Puker Execution Attack Damage Increase: Level 24
- Puker Health Increase: Level 58
- Puker Melee Damage Increase: Level 39
- Puker Ranged Damage Increase: Level 12
- Spitter Execution Damage Increase: Level 9
- Spitter Health Increase: Level 53
- Spitter Melee Damage Increase: Level 21
- Spitter Ranged Damage Increase: Level 35
Online level bonuses
Reach the indicated level online to unlock the corresponding bonus.
- Solid Army Green Suit: Level 4
- Stasis Increase to 2 Shots: Level 5
- Line Gun: Level 7
- Solid Red Suit: Level 8
- Force Gun: Level 11
- Solid Black Suit: Level 13
- Increased Magazine Size (Plasma Cutter): Level 14
- Solid Olive Suit: Level 16
- Seeker Rifle: Level 17
- Pulse Rifle Magazine Size Increase: Level 19
- Urban Camo Blue Suit: Level 20
- Urban Camo Army Green Suit: Level 23
- Increased Magazine Size (Line Gun): Level 25
- Urban Camo Red Suit: Level 26
- Javelin Gun: Level 28
- Increased Magazine Size (Force Gun): Level 29
- Stasis Increase to 3 Shots: Level 30
- Urban Camo Military: Level 32
- Increased Magazine Size (Seeker Rifle): Level 33
- Increased Weapon Damage (Plasma Cutter): Level 34
- Urban Camo Olive Suit: Level 36
- Pulse Rifle Weapon Damage Increase: Level 38
- Rivet Gun Magazine Size Increase: Level 40
- Tiger Camo Blue Suit: Level 41
- Increased Weapon Damage (Line Gun): Level 42
- Increased Magazine Size (Javelin Gun): Level 44
- Tiger Camo Army Green Suit: Level 45
- Increased Weapon Damage (Force Gun): Level 46
- Tiger Camo Red Suit: Level 49
- Increased Damage (Seeker Rifle): Level 50
- Tiger Camo Military Suit: Level 52
- Rivet Gun Weapon Damage Increase: Level 54
- War Torn Suit: Level 56
- Increased Weapon Damage (Javelin Gun): Level 57
- Visceral Games Suit: Level 59
Additionally, you can unlock the Solid Viral White, Solid Viral Yellow, Solid Viral Blue, Tiger Camo Viral Blue, Tiger Camo Viral White, and Urban Camo Viral Yellow suits by killing a player that is wearing them.
Chapter 3: Easy credits
Walk through the Cassini Towers and wait until Isaac has another "freakout" in the little girl's room. When it ends walk to the dresser to the right to find 1,500 credits under the stuffed teddy bear.
Chapter 7: Respec
Isaac can re-spec his weapons, RIG, and stasis module at the start of the chapter. Note: Each item re-spec costs 5,000 CR.
Extraction: Change weapons
Note: This only affects the current level. Exit out to the main menu, then return to the level. You can use the the weapon loadout screen to change weapons. You will resume with the default ammunition for that weapon. Note: You can only select the left special weapon; the other two special weapons are deleted from your inventory.
Easy Stalker kills
If you are finding the Stalkers troublesome, the best weapon to use against them is the Line Gun. Try to find an area to back yourself into then simply wait and aim. They will eventually pop out and run at you. The Line Gun will easily dispose of them.
- Use the shop and the work bench to restore your health. When you wear a suit for the first time your health is refilled.
- Purchase the Respec ability for 5,000 credits. Remove the Power Nodes from the Rig and replace them for full health.
Purchase the Supernova or Martial Law downloadable content. Go to the store and purchase the Detonator weapon for free. Fire the mines at a wall, then deactivate them and collect them. Do not reload the Detonator. Sell the mines and Detonator for credits at the store. Buy the Detonator back for free and it will be fully stocked. Repeat the process as many times as desired.
Search the indicated locations to find the corresponding schematic.
- Chapter 2
- Power Node: Found in the first Power Node locked room you find. You can open the locked door with a Power Node. One can be found on the ground through the door to the left of the closet.
- Hacker Suit: Found at the end of the tram walkway area, near the location you encounter the Fire Sack Necromorphs.
- Stasis Pack: Found on the tracks by where the flaming train passes you for the first time.
- Chapter 3
- Pulse Rifle: Once you are out of the train, it is in a corner just behind where the train is hanging.
- Javelin Spears: Found behind the big marker statue towards the windows on the left.
- Chapter 4
- Security Suit: Found on the top shelf of the room just past the door that you must slow down to walk through.
- Chapter 5
- Ripper: In the multi level room, ride the elevator down, then go to the right side of the room.
- Medium Health Pack: After turning off the gravity and going through the holes in the ceiling, it will be floating in the middle of the room.
- Line Gun Ammo: After crawling through the duct and falling, you will go through a storage room. You will find it behind some shelves on the right side.
- Detonator: Found in a room at the top of the church by the save station.
- Chapter 6
- Seeker Rifle: On the path at the start of the chapter, enter the door to the right. You will be on a balcony and the schematic will be on the far right side on the ground.
- Pulse Rounds: When you first meet Ellie, she will unlock the gate. Instead of going through the gate behind her, follow the path around to the right where it is blocked by debris
- Flame Thrower: After you exit the gym, follow the path and go into the classroom to find the "Kids Gone Crazy" text log. In that same room, there is a smaller room on the right side with blood on the wall. The schematic is on the ground.
- Chapter 7
- Ripper Blades: At the start of the chapter when you enter zero gravity, the schematic will be floating at the bottom of the room.
- Force Gun: After you exit the elevator, turn left. You will find some yellow lockers. The schematic in the second locker from the left.
- Contact Beam: The schematic is in the locked closet to the left of the location where you first see the save station on the wall. Use a Power Node to open the closet and get it.
- Chapter 8
- Vintage Suit: Found in the first locked door in this chapter.
- Detonator Mines: When you first talk to Ellie and Stross, go to the next room, and take a left. The schematic is beside a body.
- Large Med Pack: Found in the room where you first meet Ellie. It is located past the table in the corner. Use kinesis to move the table.
- Chapter 9
- Flame Fuel: When you encounter the laser traps, take a right from where they were located. You will see a few crates lying around. Use kinesis to move them to find the schematic and an audio log.
- Seeker Shells: Found behind the guardian mounted near the exit door of the room where you fight Stalkers and Cysts.
- Chapter 10
- Force Energy: When you reach the zero gravity area, go to the lower level to find it on the ground.
- Chapter 11
- Contact Energy: In the zero gravity station where you move the lasers to gain access to the shaft that leads inside, look outside from the inside of the shaft to find it.
- Advanced Suit: Enter the locked room opposite of the detonator mines trap. The schematic is inside this room, but you need a Power Node to open this locked room.
Hidden Necromorph messages
By moving around the menu areas you can find the following hidden messages.
Xbox 360 Use the Right Analog-stick to look around the menu areas.
- Main menu
- Upper left: "In the end, It all comes down to just one little thing..."
- Bottom right: "Unity after death, Unity forever."
- Single Player menu
- Upper left: "Your body now, Our body later, One body forever"
- Multiplayer menu
- Upper middle: "It's not over between us, you can't run from me forever"
- Bottom middle Make us Whole"
- Quick Match menu
- Bottom right: "We must believe in it and bend ourselves to its will and then it will heal us"
- Leaderboard menu
- Right: "The answer is in chicxulub"
- Extra menu
- Left: "Welcome back Nicole Brennan"
- Controller Map menu
- Bottom right: "Let us fear nothing. Death is only a transition to the unity beyond"
Eash "Collect Peng" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 In Chapter 7, find the mainframe room where ANTI is located. The circuit room that is to the left (when ANTI's hologram emitters are behind Isaac) has breakers that also turn blue in addition to green or red. Insert the four breakers in that circuit room to change them to blue. Follow the access tunnel to reach Peng's Treasure.
Easy "Elevator Action" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 In Chapter 7, immediately after Isaac starts the elevator to go to the Solar Array area, a group of Tripods will appear. Use the Detonator to shoot them. Hitting a Tripod with the Detonator anywhere on the body will usually knock it off. Use Stasis to hold a Tripod in place when more than one of them appears. Knock off all Tripods in this sequence to unlock the achievement or trophy.
Easy "Lightspeed de Milo" achievement or trophy
PlayStation3 Xbox 360 After the train scene in Chapter 3, you will enter some shopping areas. The second area has a fat blue statue. Shoot the head and arms off the statue to earn the achievement or trophy.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
fbwfd depniua gbyinfd
- Made Us Whole (Bronze): Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
- Romper Stomper (Bronze): Stomp 10 Containers.
- Vacuum Cleaner (Bronze): Decompress 20 Necromorphs without getting sucked out yourself.
- ...And Stay Down (Bronze): Kill 25 crawling enemies with Stomp (single player only).
- Think Fast (Bronze): Kill 30 Necromorphs with Kinesis objects.
- The Nanny (Bronze): Kill 30 Crawlers without detonating them.
- Frozen in Time (Bronze): Kill 50 Necromorphs while they are in Stasis (single player only).
- First Aid (Bronze): Use Quick Heal ten times (single player only).
- Looking good (Bronze): Purchase the Advanced Suit.
- Fully Outfitted (Bronze): Upgrade your RIG and Stasis completely.
- Picking favorites (Bronze): Upgrade 1 Weapon completely.
- Fully Loaded (Bronze): Simultaneously have four completely upgraded weapons.
- The Sampler Platter (Bronze): Kill a Necromorph with every Weapon in the game (single player only)..
- Lightspeed de Milo (Bronze): Dismember the Lightspeed Boy Statue.
- The Librarian (Bronze): Collect 100 logs.
- My Boom Stick (Bronze): Kill 6 enemies at once with Line Gun's Alt-Fire (single player only).
- Shock Therapy (Bronze): Impale an enemy with the Javelin Gun and use its Alt-Fire to shock 3 others (single player only).
- Lawnmower Man (Bronze): Kill 4 enemies with the same Ripper blade.
- It's a Trap! (Bronze): Kill 20 enemies with Detonator Mines in a deployed state.
- Necro Flambé (Bronze): Kill 50 enemies using the Flamethrower.
- Peek a Boo! (Bronze): Kill a Stalker with the Seeker Rifle while in Zoom Mode.
- C-Section (Bronze): Knock down an enemy with Contact Beam Alt-Fire then kill it with Primary Fire befire it stands up.
- Going for Distance (Bronze): Imaple an enemy and make him fly through the air for 17 meters - it must stick to the surface.
- Taste of your own Medicine (Bronze): TK Impale a live Slasher to a surface using a Slasher's arm - it must stick to the surface.
- Skewered in Space (Bronze): Impale an emey into a Decompression Window to cause it to blow out.
- Clean Cut (Bronze): Sever all three tentacles of a Lurker with one Line Gun Primary Fire shot (single player only).
- Brute Juke (Bronze): Kill a Brute without taking damage.
- Shoot the Limbs! (Bronze): Dismember 25 Necromorph Limbs (single player only).
- Bouncing Betty (Bronze): Kill a Cyst by catching its Mine and throwing it back.
- Epic Dismemberment (Silver): Dismember 2,500 Necromorph Limbs (single player only).
- Collect Peng (Silver): Find the Peng treasure.
- The Electrician (Silver): Collect 10 Semiconductors.
- The Engineer (Silver): Collect 10 Schematics.
- Mission Impossible (Gold): Complete the game on Zealot setting.
- Hard to the Core (Gold): Complete the game on Hard Core setting.
- The Final Frontier (Platinum): Earn all Trophies in Dead Space 2.
Additionally there are fifteen secret trophies.
- Patient on the Loose (Bronze): Get your first Suit.
- Derailed (Bronze): Survive the Train Sequence.
- One Small Step (Bronze): Get through the first Zero-G area.
- Clever Girls (Bronze): Survive your first encounter with Stalkers.
- Torment Me No More (Bronze): Kill the Tormentor.
- The Graduate (Bronze): Win the fight at the School.
- Elevator Action (Bronze): Knock off every Tripod during the Eleveator Sequence.
- Shut Down (Bronze): Defeat the AI.
- Powered Up (Bronze): Complete the Solar Array Puzzle.
- Hornet's Nest (Bronze): Destroy the Tripod Nest.
- Operation! (Bronze): Snare the Shard with the Ishimura.
- Knock Knock (Bronze): Complete the Drill Ride.
- The Final Sacrifice (Bronze): Destroy the Marker.
- Cross your Heart, Hope to Die (Bronze): Survive the Eye Poke Machine.
- The Fugitive (Gold): Escape the Facility.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs