Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Successfully complete the game. In this mode, only classic weapons through blueprints, there is no co-op mode, aiming is in the original style, and the difficulty setting is locked to hard.
Successfully complete the game. In this mode, you will be sent to the start of the game any time you die.
New Game+ mode
Successfully complete the game. This mode allows you to begin a new playthrough with your previously earned inventory and resources. You can also access the Dead Space Legends Suit Set (Engineering RIG DS2 model) at Suit Kiosk. During this playthrough you can find abundant MK-II Overclocked parts and +3 circuits.
Pure Survival mode
Successfully complete the game. In this mode enemies will not drop health or ammunition, all items must be crafted at the bench, and the difficulty setting is locked to hard.
Successfully complete the game under the Hardcore mode setting. You can now toggle Retro mode from the "Options" menu to add a retro pixel filter to the graphics.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding circuit set.
- +3 Clip circuit set: Complete the game under the Casual difficulty.
- +3 Damage circuit set: Complete the game under the Impossible difficulty.
- +3 Reload circuit set: Complete the game under the Normal difficulty.
- +3 Speed circuit set: Complete the game under the Hard difficulty.
- Builder's circuit set: Collect all twelve blueprints
- Comms circuit set: Collect all thirty six audio logs.
- Crafter's circuit set: Collect all seventy three weapon parts.
- Research circuit set: Collect all thirty five text logs.
- Earthgov, Unitology, S.C.A.F., and Alien circuit sets: Collect all of the specific set of artifacts.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item.
- Mk-II Overclock parts set: Complete Pure Survival mode in a New Game+.
- Mk-II Overclocked attachment Set: Collect all sixty one circuits.
- MK-II Overclocked Frame set: Complete all ten optional missions.
- MK-II Overclocked Module set: Collect all seventy one logs.
- Mk-II Overclocked Tip set: Collect all forty artifacts.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding suit.
- Deep Dig suit: Collect all seventy three weapon parts.
- Engineering suit: Complete the game.
- Flight suit: Collect all forty artifacts.
- Hostile Environment suit: Collect all the artifacts of a certain type. Alternately, complete all ten optional missions in Co-op mode.
Successfully complete Classic mode in a New Game+. This is a powerful special weapon that will also have Isaac hold up the devil horns sign on his fingers when he is not shooting enemies.
Mega Resources deposit
Successfully complete Pure Survival mode in a New Game+.
Stasis Support mod
Successfully complete the demo version of the game. This mod can be attached to weapons in the full version of the game. Once done, if you use a Stasis pack, your co-op partner will also get the benefit of it.
Silver Frames Set and Hostile Environment Suit
Successfully complete the demo version of the game with a 100% rating.
Have a saved game file from Mass Effect 3 to get the N7 armor from that game.
Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter
Have a saved game file from Dead Space 2 to get the Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter when you reach the first workbench.
rh, gue irdpo ofmuw,
Take the first letter of each chapter and arrange them in order to spell out the message "Brother moons are awake".
Use the following trick to kills enemies easily if there are elevators or doorways in a room where enemies spawn. Normally when you exit through a such a doorway or stand inside or near the elevator, the enemies will leave and try to reach you by another route. This can be used to your advantage. When enemies appear in a room that is entered through an elevator or door, return to that elevator or door and wait until the enemies retreat. Use this time to heal or reload as needed. Slowly move out from the elevator or door until the enemies appear again. Eliminate some of them before stepping back over the space that will force them to retreat. You can also use Stasis on a single enemy before retreating, allowing you to kill it at your leisure. Note: This may not work in all locations, and will occasionally freeze or glitch enemies into ignoring Isaac.
Explore C.M.S. Greeley side mission
After clearing out the ship, you will reach the end of the objective marker in a room with the gravity panels on either side, with a discharging electrical transformer.Use Kinesis to remove the lid from the nearby Gravity Inducer. Take the Semiconductor inside and it will malfunction and stop the electricity. Collect the Electro Shot mod access the terminal in the final room. You can also find a circuit behind the door that requires a wrench.
If you accidentally sell or lose the Plasma Cutter it is possible to craft another one by combining:
- Frame: Compact Standard Frame or Compact Elite Frame
- Upper Tool: Plasma Engine
- Lower Tool: Rotator Cuff Module
- Created by arnaldodk.
- Reach the area near the end of Chapter 8 and look for a small building that must be entered by side-stepping a corrugated metal fence. The correct building has a generator to the right, bunk beds to the left, and an exit door ahead. Once inside, leave the room through the door ahead of the beds. After the door closes, turn around and re-enter the room. A random item will appear near the beds. Exit the room from the same door, wait for the door to close, then re-enter to repeat the process. The items are random, and may be sold or crafted.
- Reach the end of Chapter 13 and defeat the Boss. An auto-save icon will appear while you move into a large snowy field scattered with crates. Do not continue to the exit. Collect the tungsten and items from the crates. Then, pause game play and select the "Save And Quit" option to return to the main menu. Next, select the "Continue From Last Save" option to return to the start of the snowy field area. The items in the crates will have respawned and can be collected again as many times as desired.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Get On My Level (10 points): Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
- The Explorer (25 points): Complete all optional missions.
- Aren't You Thankful? (50 points): Complete the game on Hardcore Mode.
- Epic Tier 4 Engineer (40 points): Complete the game in Classic Mode.
- Survivalist (40 points): Complete the game in Pure Survival Mode.
- Gun Collector (25 points): Collect all Weapon Parts.
- The Professor (25 points): Collect all Artifacts.
- The Librarian (25 points): Collect all Logs.
- The Armorer (25 points): Collect all Circuits.
- There's Always Peng! (50 points): Find Peng. (Video)
- My Buddy (10 points): Retrieve Resources from a Scavenger Bot at a Bench.
- Metal Detector (30 points): Successfully deploy Scavenger Bots to 15 Resource Areas.
- Strapped (10 points): Craft a Weapon.
- Circuit's Edge (10 points): Add a Circuit to a Weapon.
- EMT (25 points): Craft a Large Med Pack.
- Full House (25 points): Craft a Weapon with 2 Tools, Tips, and Attachments with all Circuit slots filled.
- RIG Master (50 points): Fully upgrade your RIG.
- Master Plan (25 points): Create a Blueprint that needs at least 2000 resources worth of parts and Circuits to build.
- From the Jaws (10 points): Save your Co-Op partner from an execution by killing the attacker.
- Share and Share Alike (10 points): Use the RIG to give an item to your Co-Op partner.
- Medic! (10 points): Revive your Co-Op partner 10 times.
- Ghosts of the Past (25 points): Face all of Carver’s demons by completing all Co-Op only optional missions.
- Architect (10 points): Share a Blueprint with your Co-Op partner.
- Axes High (20 points): Kill 30 enemies using Fodder axes.
- Payback (15 points): Kill a Soldier by TK'ing a grenade or rocket back at them. (Video)
- Go for the Limbs! (10 points): Dismember 500 limbs from living enemies.
- And Then We Doubled It! (10 points): Dismember 1000 limbs from living enemies.
- Slow Mo (10 points): Kill 50 enemies while they are in stasis.
- Blast Corps (10 points): Kill 30 enemies with explosion damage.
- Shootbang (10 points): Kill 30 Soldiers with head shots.
- Empty Chamber (10 points): Kill 30 enemies using melee strikes or a melee Weapon Part.
- Dropping Acid (10 points): Dissolve 50 enemies with acid.
- Electric Lawnmower (10 points): Kill 30 enemies using an electrified Ripper blade. (Video)
- Overpowered Healing (10 points): Use quick heal to heal yourself 20 times.
Additionally there are sixteen secret achievements.
- Stranger in a Strange Land (10 points): Complete the Prologue.
- Space Odyssey (15 points): Survive your first spacewalk.
- Critical Mass (15 points): Recover the shuttle.
- Snow Crash (15 points): Reach Tau Volantis.
- Intestinal Fortitude (25 points): Defeat the Hive Mind.
- Hydra (15 points): Kill the Snowbeast.
- Together as One (15 points): Reassemble Rosetta.
- Infernal Machine (15 points): Reach the Alien Machine.
- Shoot for the Moon (50 points): Defeat the Moon.
- Under a Buck (10 points): Shoot the deer head trophy in the Admiral's Quarters. (Video)
- Space Ace (20 points): Shoot at least 70 targets during the ride to Tau Volantis.
- Hungry (20 points): Reach the pump room of the Waystation without alerting any Feeders. (Video)
- Drill Sergeant (30 points): Complete the Drill Room without taking any damage. (Video)
- Weedkiller (30 points): Kill 5 Cysts in the Biology Building with a single poison gas cloud. (Video)
- Aliens (15 points): Collect all Alien Artifacts.
- Close Encounter (10 points): Kill 10 alien Necromorphs.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs