Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (PC)
Add to this page!
Note: This requires a game pad. Hold Button 5
+ Button 6 + Button 7 + Button 8 + D-pad
Up/Left + Left Analog-stick Down/Right until
"Devil May Cry" is spoken at the starting menu. This
will unlock all bonus modes, alternate costumes, and gallery entries.
Vergil story mode
Successfully complete the game under any difficulty setting.
Intentionally fail a mission under the normal difficulty setting three to five times. A message will appear, stating that you have unlocked the easy difficulty level.
Alternately, successfully complete the game under the normal difficulty setting.
Successfully complete the game under the normal difficulty setting.
Very hard difficulty
Successfully complete the game under the hard difficulty setting.
Bloody Palace mode
Successfully complete the game under any difficulty setting.
Dante Must Die mode
Successfully complete the game as Dante or Vergil under the hard difficulty setting.
Successfully complete the game under the Dante Must Die difficulty setting to unlock Super Dante as a character. He has an unlimited Devil Trigger.
Successfully complete Bloody Palace mode to unlock Super Vergil as a character. He has an unlimited Devil Trigger.
Alternately complete all twenty missions in very hard mode as Vergil.
Complete Vergil story mode under the easy difficulty
gpui, vfr etbhra
Sparda Costume (Vergil)
Successfully complete the game as Vergil under the hard difficulty setting to unlock a costume to make him appear as Sparda from the original Devil May Cry.
Alternate ending sequence
Defeat at least 100 opponents as Dante during the ending credits.
Complete the game on Easy or higher to unlock Gallery mode. Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item in the Gallery.
- Bonus Art 1: Complete the game under the easy difficulty.
- Bonus Art 10: Get an "S" rank on all missions in Dante Must Die!.
- Bonus Art 11: Get an "SS" rank on all missions in Easy.
- Bonus Art 12: Get an "SS" rank on all missions in Normal.
- Bonus Art 13: Get an "SS" rank on all missions in Hard.
- Bonus Art 14: Get an "SS" rank on all missions in Very Hard.
- Bonus Art 15: Get an "SS" rank on all missions in Dante Must Die!.
- Bonus Art 2: Complete the game on Normal.
- Bonus Art 3: Complete the game on Hard.
- Bonus Art 4: Complete the game on Very Hard.
- Bonus Art 5: Complete the game on Dante Must Die!.
- Bonus Art 6: Obtain an "S" rank on all missions in Easy.
- Bonus Art 7: Obtain an "S" rank on all missions in Normal.
- Bonus Art 8: Obtain an "S" rank on all missions in Hard.
- Bonus Art 9: Obtain an "S" rank on all missions in Very Hard.
- Concept Art, E3 Promotional Video, Crazy Gameplay Video: Complete the game on Easy or Normal.
- Event Promotional Video, Devil May Cry 3 Original Demo: Complete the game on Very Hard.
- Hi-Res CG Art, Kazuma Kaneko's Illustrations, Motion Capture Video, Video Storyboard: Complete the game on Hard.
Mission number references
During the introduction sequences to every mission, a number that corresponds to that mission can be found.
- Mission 1: A big "1" on the pizza box.
- Mission 2: A "2" on a billboard near the outside of Dante's shop.
- Mission 3: Three enemies are burned by Lady's motorcycle and fall to make a "3".
- Mission 4: There is a banner near where Vergil and Arkham are standing in the shape of a "4".
- Mission 5: A bloodgoyle gets hit into a wall. The blood remaining on the wall is in the shape of a "5".
- Mission 6: Lady blasts a rocket into the ground and the mark on the ground forms a "6".
- Mission 7: After Lady shoots Dante in the head, he smears the blood on the wall. The blood runs into the shape of a "7".
- Mission 8: When Dante gets up, goes near the pillar, and is about to jump off, you can see a faint shape of an "8" in the moon behind him.
- Mission 9: One of Lady's spent shells falls on the ground. A "9" is on the bottom of the bullet.
- Mission 10: When Vergil stabs Arkham the blood spatters Arkham's book in the form of a "10".
- Mission 11: When Arkham disappears from where he was stabbed, the smeared blood leaves an "11" behind.
- Mission 12: After Dante grabs the Haywire Neo-Generator, Jester escapes on something shaped like a "12".
- Mission 13: Immediately after Vergil cuts his hand to make a sacrifice, the camera angle changes. While the angle is turning you can see a "13" carved into a pillar.
- Mission 14: At the end of the intermission sequence, it shows an angle aiming down into the pit where Vergil fell. On the wall of the crevice is a carved "14".
- Mission 15: After awhile after the intermission sequence starts, the camera will face a door with three symbols on it. Just to the right of it is a dried up plant. The branches are shaped into the number "15".
- Mission 16: A little while after Dante starts changing between normal and demon forms he will take out his guns and shoot them at the same time. If you can spot it, the flash of the two gunshots makes "16". You must watch extremely carefully.
- Mission 17: After Arkham pulls the force edge from the stone, the rocks shift around. In the bottom left of the screen will be two rock pillars next to each other. They form a "17".
- Mission 18: As Dante is rising up the portal to the demon world, a single newspaper flies around the bottom right corner of the screen with an "18" on it.
- Mission 19: The camera will start to turn at the beginning of the intermission sequence. As it is turning, there is a bookshelf. There is an area with books missing in the shape of a "19".
- Mission 20: After Lady shoots her father and starts crying in the background, the mist forms the number "20".
Each time Vergil successfully sheathes the Yamato after an attack that uses the blade itself, he recovers a single Devil Trigger Gauge. Note: This does not apply to the Rapid Slash or Judgment Cut attacks. Also, if you wait for Vergil to sheathe the Yamato after he attacks with its blade, it will also be a taunt and it will raise your Stylish Rank as well as fill one Devil Trigger gauge.
- As Dante, you need Beowulf (Straight Level 2) and the Trickster style (Level 3 recommended). When the battle starts, Nevan will teleport herself onto the opera stage. Get close to her with either Dash (Level 1 and 2) or AirBlink (Level 3), but not too close or she will teleport away. Try to choose a distance so that she will make a spinning attack while you are unharmed. While she is spinning, charge up Straight and wait for her to stop. When she stops, quickly unleash Straight onto her. If done correctly, all of her bats will destroyed. If not, most of them will be gone (your Devil Trigger will fill up as you execute this move). Repeat this strategy until all of her bats are gone. Then, Devil Trigger and unleash your might onto Nevan, but make sure to stop attacking and stay away from her when the black spot under her gets too big and will hurt you if you dodge it too late. Notice when Nevan is teleporting, even though she is invisible but her bats are not. This gives you the advantage of seeing where will she be when she teleports. After recovering herself, Nevan will teleport away. Follow the bats and get close to her and repeat the prior strategy. If you are too late, she will execute other moves. Dodge them to avoid being hurt. When Nevan summons lightning that affects the whole floor, double jump or AirBlink to avoid it. Repeat the strategy above until Nevan is defeated. Note: When her health is low, Nevan will try to kiss you in order to replenish her health with yours. Simply Devil Trigger so that she will not be able to kiss you, and you can attack her because her bats are gone when she executes this move.
- As Vergil, you need Yamato (Judgment Cut Level 2). Repeat the same strategy as Dante, but instead of using Beowulf, you need to charge up the Judgment Cut with Yamato and unleash them when Nevan stops spinning to destroy her bats. Repeat the strategy until the bats are gone. Then, do same strategy as playing as Dante; Devil Trigger and starts attacking her but stop when the black spot under her gets too big. Because Vergil does not have double jump, when Nevan summons the all-lightning move, use precise timing to jump when the floor is struck by the lightning. Then, repeat the same strategy until she is defeated. Remember not to get too close to Nevan when or before she does the spinning attack so she will not teleport away or hurt you when she is spinning.
Use Beowulf style without it equipped
Select Swordmaster style at the mission set up. Increase it to level 2. Use the ability to hurl your sword at the enemy where it spins forward ([Target], [Sword], [Forward]). While you wait for it to return, Dante will be able to use Beowulf weapon, even if it is not equipped or obtained yet.
Complete the game and get the Vergil ending, where he falls down in the pool of blood. There will be three round and red electric orbs that he says he could defeat if his father did it. This is most likely Mundus, the last Boss from the first game, because Vergil obviously loses and succumbs to Mundus' power.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs