Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness
Add to this page!
This game is titled Disgaea: Afternoon Of Darkness in North America, Europe, and Australia, and Makai Senki Disgaea Portable in Japan.
Highlight the "New Game" option at the title screen, then press Triangle, Square, Circle, Triangle, Square, Circle, X. Etna's voice
will confirm correct code entry.
Alternately, complete the game after reading Etna's diary in each chapter.
To enter Etna's room, press the two secret buttons in Laharl's
Castle. The first button is behind the throne. The second button
is inside the skull on the counter in RosenQueen's store. After
both buttons are pressed, go to the room where Longinus, Ghoss,
Stigma, and Gargo are usually found. Press X in the corner
behind Stigma to reveal the door.
cf, set cnwibts ewidpcitvmh ynahdn
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding class.
- Angel: Get Female Cleric, Knight and Archer all at level 100 or higher.
- Archer: Get level 3 or higher in Bow Weapon Mastery.
- EDF Soilder: Get level 30 or higher Gun Weapon Mastery.
- Galaxy Mage: Get a Prism Mage to level 50.
- Galaxy Skull: Get a Prism Skull to level 50.
- Knight: Get Female Warrior and Female Mage both at level 10 or higher.
- Majin: Get a Male Warrior, Brawler, Ninja, Rogue and Scout all at level 200 or higher.
- Ninja: Get a Male Fighter and Male Warrior both at level of 10 or higher.
- Prism Mage: Get a Star Mage to level 35.
- Prism Skull: Get a Star Skull to level 35.
- Ronin: Get a Female Warrior and Female Fighter both to level of 20 or higher.
- Scout: Get two Fighters or Warriors, Males or Females each to level 5 or higher.
- Star Mage: Get a Fire, Ice and Wind Mage all to level 5.
- Star Skull: Get a Fire, Ice and Wind Skull all to level 5.
- Thief: Get a Fighter and Warrior both to level 5. This information has been reported as inaccurate. Please notify us of any corrections or verifications.
Complete the indicated task or go to the listed location to find the corresponding character.
- Adell: The bottom of the Cave of Ordeal.
- Astro Carter: The final stage of the Human World.
- Baal: The bottom of Baal Castle after acquiring Priere and Majorly.
- Marjoly: The final stage of the Mysterious Seal.
- Priere: The final stage of the Alternate Netherworld.
- Prinny Baal: Defat Baal.
- Prinny God: The bottom of the Prinny Land.
- Rozalin: Defeat Adell.
- Zetta: Max the Stronger Enemies bill then go to the final stage of the Stellar Graveyard.
- Flone: At the last stage of Frozen River
- Hogmieser: At the last stage of Diniro Place
- Maderas: At the last stage of Jotunheim
- Capt. Gordon: At the final stage of Stellar Graveyard
- Thursday: At the bottom of the Stellar Graveyard
- Jennifer: At the bottom of the Stellar Graveyard.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending sequence.
- Good Ending: Complete the game without killing any allies.
- Dark Assembly: Persuade by Force 100 times in the Dark Assembly.
- Etna Heroine: Kill 100 or more allies before Episode 5's Ice Queen Battle then choose to kill Maderas.
- Flonne Tragedy: Kill 50 or more allies before Episode 3 and the Lavish Hall battle. Choose to Kill Hoggmeiser.
- Overthrow Earth: Clear human world.
- Bad Ending: Defeat the Item God on the 100th floor of a legendary item.
- Midboss Ending: Lose to Midboss in your first encounter.
Additionally, Etna mode has two alternate endings.
- Normal: Complete the last chapter in Etna mode normally.
- Beauty Tyrant Overlord Etna: Pass the proposal for Alternate Netherworld and The Mysterious Seal in the Dark Assembly, then defeat Priere, Marjoly and finally Baal.
Defeating Prinny Baal
The trick is having a Thief to steal the enemy's equipment, otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage. Nemesis Mk-II gives the Prinny approximately 13,000+ stats in everything except ATK, which will be about 31,000. Prinny Suit gives him about 45,000 hp and 22,000+ DEF and RES. It will be easier if you can steal it. If you fight Prinny Baal with no "Stronger Enemies" bill passed, your Thief should be about level 3000+. When fighting him at level 9999 (maxed out "Stronger Enemies"), your Thief must be about level 5200+. Also, you should have extra humanoids that can be used as sacrifices. You also need your "damage dealers" crew. It would usually consist of Divine Maijins (level 4000+ recommended) and Larharl having over 1 million ATK and 600,000+ HIT (any level as long as you have those stats.). You are going need some top items to boost your stats. Level 100 super robo suits equipped on Larharl and level 100 Yoshitsuna should suffice. The Divine Maijins should have the most damage dealing equipment you have in your disposal. Optionally, Flonne should also have Braveheart at a decent level with major INT stats. Start by summoning your Thief to the battlefield. Move him in front of Prinny Baal and use one of the stealing hands (Dream Hand, Bandit's Hand, Stealing Hand, etc.). Usually the cheaper hands work just as well as the expensive ones. Steal Nemesis Mk-II first. Once you have executed this command, summon one of your disposable humanoids to lift the Prinny. This requires 8+ Movement to go on the sides of the Prinny. Then, end the turn. If done correctly, the Prinny should have used his turn killing the humanoid that lifted him. Next, steal the Prinny Suit. Summon your damage dealers and Flonne. Have Flonne use Braveheart to increase the ATK stats of all your damage dealers, then have the damage dealers execute their strongest "single" special (one that only attacks one enemy for high damage, such as Nightsever, Avalanche, etc.). Before you end this turn, have another disposable humanoid to lift the Prinny, and then end the turn. Repeat this until Prinny Baal is defeated.
Once Cave of Ordeal has been opened, there are two stages that are "leveling stages"; Cave of Ordeal 3 and Demonhall Mirror. Attacks that do a 3x3 moveable grid (3x3 specials that can be moved, such as Tera Star's square formation) or a 3x3 attack in front of the user (Winged slayer, Astral Dance) should be learned. Make sure that your ATK stat is enough to where you can defeat them in one hit, or have enough DEF stat where the enemy does 0 to 10 DMG. Walk up to the enemies, align them with your 3x3 special, and execute it. Once you get to the point where they die in one hit, just repeat this over and over. For even more experience, pass the "Stronger Enemies" bill, but make sure they are not strong enough to kill you. When you do this frequently, you will also gain a large amount of mana.
Greater enemy level
When you lift up an enemy and throw it at another, their levels will combine, and stats will increase marginally. However their maximum HP and SP will not. This trick is also a way to get more experience points from an enemy.
Use the following trick to obtain Longinus, the former overlord's own spear (in the corner, who informs you about weapons). When persuading the Dark Assembly by force, if you happen to fight someone who works in the castle and defeat them (for example, the hospital woman), a grave will appear where they normally stand. Talk to Longinus and he will praise you for being the first person worthy of owning King Krichevskoy's famed spear and it will now become yours. It is quite powerful. To regain the services of whoever you killed, save the game, quit, and reload your game.
Transmigrating (Rank 3 bill)
When you plan to transmigrate, do it at a higher level than the level you previously transmigrated from otherwise your stats will decrease. For example, if you have a Prinny God at level 3,000, transmigrate and level him to level 1,000; if you were to transmigrate him at level 1,000 his stats would decrease rather than increase. Also, it is highly recommended you always transmigrate under "Genius".
Unlimited hospital points
Get a piece of equipment that increases HP. It is recommended that the Hp increase be a large amount or this will take longer. Equip it, then unequip the item. Equip it again and your HP should decrease from the max HP. Use this gap of HP to heal yourself, thus giving yourself points. Repeat this for hospital points. You should have a large amount of money to do this repeatedly.
Too much mana to create character
Often when you try to create character, the mana is high with a strange number placement such as "16873". This is often caused by not killing that certain creature thirty times. When you have killed a creature thirty times, the mana is normal (often ending with 0's at the last digit) and much smaller than before.
10840 Bonus Stats (Statistician, Manager, Armsmaster, and Broker)
Get your customer rank to about 6+ and pass the "Eyewear Inventory" bill. Go to the Battle Depot and check the glasses section. If you see "Foresight", go to it and check if there is a pre-subdued specialist already on it (orange circles). If so, buy it but do not equip it. The only thing it is good for is to move the specialist onto another piece of equipment and equip that. If you equip the glasses themselves, you will not be able to move. There is also another item with a similar glitch, called "Tainted Staff". It is usually a pre-subdued "Alchemist - 11026"
Strategy guides from GameFAQs