Dragon Age: Origins (PlayStation3)
Register an account on the Electronic Arts web site that is linked to your profile in Dragon Age: Origins. Play the Dragon Age Journeys mini-game at www.dragonagejourneys.com. Complete the indicated task in Dragon Age Journeys to unlock the corresponding item in Dragon Age: Origins.
- Amulet Of the War Mage: Sign in to your EA account in Dragon Age Journeys.
- Embri's Many Pockets: Save the Grey Warden Martine by completing The Missing Warden quest.
- Helm Of The Deep: Unlock all five achievements in Dragon Age Journeys: The Deep Roads.
Ostagar: Extra backpack
Upon arriving at Ostagar, purchase the Backpack from the Quartermaster. Note: You should have enough money if you collected sell-able items and gear from the beginning storyline. Complete the quest where you and the other recruits enter into the Wilds. Note: Make sure you explore the entire map. Complete the "Joining" ritual and become a Grey Warden. Before going to attend the meeting with Duncan and the King, return to the Quartermaster. There should be another Backpack available at the same price as earlier.
Redcliffe: Possessed child
Eventually once you reach Redcliffe, there will be an option to enter the boy, aside from killing him and confronting the demon inside of the boy. Do not kill the boy. You will not gain much from his death and most likely your allies will disapprove. Instead, choose the option to enter the boy and let the Blood Mage do his ritual. Once you are inside, talk to the father. Once this is done, you must talk to the child "Possessed" and kill the demon inside him multiple times. Once you reach a certain part where you do not talk to the child, but the demon straightforward, try to converse with her. Conversing with her will get you more than just killing her. She will request that in exchange for her life, and the permission to enter the boy's body again in the near future, she will offer you gifts. One is a new specialization. Another is a certain rare item, armor, or weapon. Finally, is pleasure. Pleasure should not be an option, as it does not give you anything in exchange, not even an intimate scene. Select either the item or the specialization. However if you truly do not want to obtain anything useful, kill her. Killing her alone results in the same experience you would get from killing the boy, not to mention the previous times you have also killed her.
Note: The above method only works if the main character is a mage himself or herself. If you chose to send Jowan (the Blood Mage), Wynne, or Morrigan, the trick does not work and you will not be able to unlock Blood Mage specialization. The only way for the trick to work while your main character is not a mage is to turn your main character into a mage.
PC Enable the runscript wizard code to turn your main character into a level 2 mage. Then, enable the runscript addxp <number> code to level up your main character. Enter the boy and the converse with the demon to unlock Blood Mage specialization. Once you have unlocked the specialization, load the saved game file before you entered the boy. The specialization will be there and you can send other people to enter the boy.
To get more experience points earlier in the game, as soon as you leave Lothering, go to the city of Denerim. Once there, you will find a building named "Wonders of Thedas". Go inside it and purchase the Archivist's Belt. As long as it is equipped, you will get an experience point boost for everything in your Codex. Books will increase from 50 experience points to 75 experience points.
You can buy two packs from the quartermaster when you begin the Grey Warden Joining (once before you go in the wilds and once you come out). Once you have them, you should have 100 item spaces in your inventory. Collect everything during the main and side quests. When you find a merchant or someone possibly to trade, do it. Keep adding more to your inventory space. A pack is 10 spaces extra, but prices tend to vary from those you buy. The quartermaster in the beginning sells them at the same price. The dwarf merchant that follows your party to camp varies. The quartermaster at The Tower of Magi has one for a heavy price, but it is worth it because you can hold more items and sell more as you see fit. By doing this you can make a lot of coin by mid-game. What you buy and sell depends on the coin you get to carry through the game.
Getting the Hidden Ageless sword
Created by XISIL3NTIX.
Free tier 4 mages staff
Use the following trick to get some items and gifts before you leave the castle. When playing as a human noble, after you go to your brother Fergus' room but before you leave, to go to bed ask your dog "Do you see anything interesting?". If he brings nothing back, ask him again. By doing this you will obtain the following items:
- Piece of wood, which is a tier 4 mage staff that has a +1 Constitution and +10% Nature Resistance.
- Found cake.
- Dirty pair of pantaloons.
- Tangled ball of yarn
- Bottle of Garbolg's backcountry reserve.
- Greenstone or elfroot.
- Unique but seemingly useless Codex entry.
- Sometimes your party might not care for you or bluntly tells you that they could be off better somewhere else. This can be changed easily. Each item that has "Gift" beside it can be given to a party member. You cannot give one to your own character. For example, some of the demon things that you get in your travels (like the totem or demon statue) can be given to Sten. You will get at least a 5+ approval. Each item varies from person to person. Some are meant more for others. You must learn which item fits what person.
- How you choose to talk to a character can determine approval ratings. Some are minor changes, but still will be closer to the liking side or disgusted side however you so choose. The hardest two that you can speak to are Sten and Morhgan. Keep in mind that they can be persuaded. Sometimes the correct words can lead to a loving moment and others to a long argument or a discussion especially for learning about them. That is what takes the longest time. The only one you really never have to worry about is the Mabari of the group, or the dog in most cases. It will love you no matter what and will stay loyal to the end. Give it a treat for being such a good loyal character.
Mages are not just magic casters, Once you have acquired the Arcane Warrior style you can easily exchange the strength of armor and weapons to wield or wear them for Magic. You can now use spells and a sword. Do not worry about taking physical damage because of the armor. You do not have to keep your distance and use all the spells desired and still get up close with your enemies. Note: This ability is obtained in the "Nature Of The Beast" quest with the Dalish Elves. You must go into the temple and find a vial that seems odd. A short cinematic starts and it speaks to you. After a long series of questioning, it offers to pass on its talents of an arcane warrior to you and your party in exchange for its freedom.
Defeating the Tainted God
Look to the corners and have the final Boss follow you. Notice the oversized crossbows (ballistas). Once you are using the ballista, keep in mind depending on where and how close the Tainted God is, you may not get a high dose of damage and it is time consuming. You just have to worry about the long range attacks and sometimes the dark spawn attacking. However if you have party members then you should be alright. They can battle the dark spawn and you can remain focused on the dragon or Tainted God.
Every gift helps each character raise their liking of the "Warden" or main character you create. The following is a list of the gifts to each party member to maybe score more on their good side instead of their wrathful side.
- Alistair: Alidtair's Mothers Amulet, Stone Warrior Statue, Stone Dragon Statue, Black Runestone, White Runestone, Duncan's Shield, Joining Chalice, Onyx Demon Statue, Small Carved Statue.
- Liliana: Andraste's Grace, Blue Satin Boots, Bronze, Steel and Gold Symbol of Andraste, Cute Nug, Etched Silver Symbol, Chantry Amulet, Silver Sword of Mercy.
- Morigan: Silver Chain. Gold Mirror, Flemeth's Grimoire, Flemeth's Real Grimoire, Gold Amulet, Golden Demon Pendant, Golden Rope Necklace, Locket, Silver Brooch, Silver Medallion.
- Zevran: Dalish Gloves, Antivian Leather Boots, gold and silver bars
- Oghren: All the alcoholic drinks you find.
- Sten: Sten's Sword, Totem and the paintings you find.
- Wynne: Fancy Scroll, Wine, the books you find.
Note: Specialization points are obtained at levels 7 and 14.
- Assassin: Learn from Zevran (companion) when approval is high enough; or bought from Alarith's Store (Denerim, after Landsmeet starts).
- Bard: Learn from Leliana (companion) when approval is high enough; or Alimar (Orzammar).
- Duelist: Learn from Isabela (The Pearl in Denerim) if your DEX is high enough to catch her cheating and make her teach you.
- Ranger: Learn from Bodann's Wares (Party Camp).
- Arcane Warrior: In the "Nature of the Beast" quest line, you will find a place in Brecilian Ruins where a spirit is trapped inside something. Set the spirit free and ask it to teach you the specialization.
- Blood Mage: In "Arl of Redcliffe" quest line, choose to go into the Fade. Instead of killing the Desire Demon, negotiate with her. When given a reward, choose to learn Blood Magic.
- Shapeshifter: Learn from Morrigan (companion) when approval is high enough; or Varathorn (Dalish Camp).
- Spirit Healer: Learn from Wynne (companion); or manual from Wanders of Thedas in Denerim (after Landsmeet starts).
- Berserker: Learn from Oghren (companion) when approval is high enough; or manual bought from Gorim at Denerim Market.
- Champion: Choose to accept reward form Arl Eamon after completing the "Sacred Urn Of Ashes" quest line.
- Reaver: Meet with Kolgrim in the Wyrmling Lair just before the mountain top and help him with his task. Pour dragon's blood on the ashes. Note: If Wynne and Leliana are in your party they will join the Guardian in their fight against you.
- Templar: Learn from Alistair (companion) when approval is high enough; or Bodahn's Wares (Party Camp).
Item set bonuses
Equip the indicated item set to get the corresponding bonus.
- Item Set 1: Griffon: Immunity to Flanking
- Item Set 2: Effort: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 3: Juggernaut Plate: +3 Strength +3 Constitution
- Item Set 4: Imperium Rings: +2 Armor
- Item Set 5: Legion of the Dead: +3 Damage +3 Constitution
- Item Set 6: Dalish Leather: +5 Defense
- Item Set 7: Duster Leather: +2 Armor
- Item Set 8: Wade's Drakeskin: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 9: Wade's Dragonskin: -25% Fatigue
- Item Set 10: Wade's Dragonscale: -20% Fatigue
- Item Set 11: Wade's Dragonbone Plate: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 12: Leather Armor: -5% Fatigue
- Item Set 13: Studded Leather Armor: +1 Defense
- Item Set 14: Chainmail: -2.5% Fatigue
- Item Set 15: Scale Armor: +4.5 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 16: Splint Mail: +1 Armor
- Item Set 17: Dwarven Medium Armor: +1 Armor
- Item Set 18: Ancient Elven Armor: +5 Defense
- Item Set 19: Ceremonial Armor: +6 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 20: Diligence: +5 Willpower
- Item Set 21: Dwarven Heavy Armor: +1 Armor
- Item Set 22: Heavy Chainmail: -3% Fatigue
- Item Set 23: Chevalier Armor: +3 Willpower +3 Constitution
- Item Set 24: Commander's Plate: +5 Willpower
- Item Set 25: Dwarven Massive Armor: +2 Armor
- Item Set 26: Heavy Plate: +7.5 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 27: Wade's Superior Drakeskin: -10% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 28: Wade's Superior Dragonskin: -25% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 29: Wade's Superior Dragonscale: -20% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 30: Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate: -10% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Secret: Warden's Commander: +? Health +? Strength
- Secret: Armor Of The River Dane Set: +6 Willpower +1 Cunning +6 Attack +4 Defense
Easy "Silver Tongued" achievement or trophy
Xbox 360 In Orzammar, there is a man in the Chamber of Assembly by the name of Vartag. Speak with him about earning Lord Behlen's trust. He should give you papers that state that Lord Harrowmont sold the same piece of land to two people. After he gives you the papers, go to the Shaperate in the Diamond Quarter. It is at the opposite end of the entrance to the Commons. Once you are in the Shaperate, talk to the Shaperate and give him the papers. He will tell you that they are forged. After that, return to Vartag and tell him the papers are forged. After you have done this, there is a Persuade line in which you can say. You can do this as many times as desired. Note: It helps if you have a high Coercion skill or high Cunning. Also, if you made a Dwarf Commoner, your sister will take you directly to Vartag once you have entered the Diamond Quarter.
Mass Effect reference
You can find a book in the Orzammar underground section "The Dead Trenches", near the "Legionnaire Shrine" at the end of a broken bridge. The book is called "Load Limit Reached". The first line reads "'Mass will have an effect," he says. It mentions a Dwarf named Shepard, the same name as the main character of Mass Effect.
Monty Python And The Search for the Holy Grail reference
During travel on the world map, you have a chance of encountering a group of people around a stump, claiming that if you pull it out, you are destined to become king of Thedas. This prompts banter between them. "Pulling a drunken loggers axe out of stump is hardly something to base a system of government off of." and "He must be a king."; "Why do you say that?"; "Because he doesn't have dung all over him." This is a reference from the beginning of Monty Python And The Search For The Holy Grail.
Note: You must have Sten in your party for this to work. At the end of the game, if you choose to perform the ritual with Morrigan, you will go to the crowning of the new king or queen. After the dialogue with Alistair you can walk around and speak with your companions. Find Sten and he will say "Where is the cake? They promised there would be cake. The cake is a lie..."
The following is a random event that happens while traveling on the world map. You will encounter a farmer and his wife who find a baby in a meteor crash, just after it happens. They decide to take the baby and raise it as their own. You will get the Meteor Ore that the baby came in. It can be made into armor by Wade in Denerim. Your best chance of getting this event is from one of the Chantry Board mission in Redcliffe. Travel straight from Redcliffe to Refugees.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- Last of Your Line (Bronze): Completed the Human Noble origin story.
- Corrupted (Bronze): Completed the Dalish Elf origin story.
- Conscripted (Bronze): Completed the City Elf origin story.
- Harrowed (Bronze): Completed the Magi origin story.
- Casteless (Bronze): Completed the Dwarf Commoner origin story.
- Kinslayer (Bronze): Completed the Dwarf Noble origin story.
- Last of the Wardens (Bronze): Completed Ostagar.
- Standard-Bearer (Bronze): Used the Grey Warden treaties to recruit all possible allies.
- Mercenary (Bronze): Complete 15 job-board quests.
- Recruiter (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, recruited all party members.
- Hopelessly Romantic (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, experienced all possible romances.
- Perfectionist (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, discovered all possible endings.
- Educated (Bronze): Used a tome to improve the main character's attributes, talents, spells, or skills.
- Liberator (Bronze): Destroyed the Anvil of the Void.
- Pragmatist (Bronze): Preserved the Anvil of the Void.
- Heavy Hitter (Bronze): Main character inflicted 250 damage with a single hit.
- Bloodied (Bronze): Completed an origin story without the main character ever falling in battle.
- Traveler (Bronze): Set foot in every area in the game.
- Pilgrim (Bronze): Completed a Chanter's Board quest.
- Grey Warden (Bronze): Killed 100 Darkspawn.
- Tinkerer (Bronze): Crafted an item.
- Persuasive (Bronze): Succeeded at five difficult Persuasion attempts.
- Silver Tongued (Bronze): Succeeded at 25 difficult Persuasion attempts.
- Bully (Bronze): Succeeded at five difficult Intimidate attempts.
- Menacing (Bronze): Succeeded at 10 difficult Intimidate attempts.
- First Knight (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Alistair.
- Witch Gone Wild (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Morrigan.
- Easy Lover (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Zevran.
- Wine, Woman, and Song (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Leliana.
- Veteran (Bronze): Main character learned a specialization.
- Elite (Bronze): Main character learned two specializations.
- Hero of Redcliffe (Bronze): Completed 'The Arl of Redcliffe'.
- Rabble-Rouser (Bronze): Completed 'The Landsmeet'.
- Magic Sympathizer (Bronze): Sided with the Mages in 'Broken Circle'.
- Annulment Invoker (Bronze): Sided with the Templars in 'Broken Circle'.
- Slayer (Bronze): Sided with the werewolves in 'Nature of the Beast'.
- Poacher (Bronze): Sided with the elves in 'Nature of the Beast'.
- Sacrilegious (Bronze): Sided with the Cult of Andraste in 'The Urn of Sacred Ashes'.
- Ceremonialist (Bronze): Defied the Cult of Andraste in 'The Urn of Sacred Ashes'.
- Bhelen's Ally (Bronze): Sided with Bhelen in 'A Paragon of Her Kind'.
- Harrowmont's Ally (Bronze): Sided with Harrowmont in 'A Paragon of Her Kind'.
- Master of Arms (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a warrior.
- Shadow (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a rogue.
- Archmage (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a mage.
- Master Warden (Silver): Killed 500 Darkspawn.
- Blight-Queller (Gold): Killed 1000 Darkspawn.
- The Ultimate Reward (Platinum): Completed all Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies.
Additionally there are four secret trophies.
- Defender (Bronze): Preserved the lives of half the troops at Denerim's Gates in 'The Final Battle'.
- Dragonslayer (Silver): Defeated the dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred Ashes.
- The Ultimate Sacrifice (Gold): The ultimate sacrifice was made in defense of Ferelden.
- A Dark Promise (Gold): Defeated the Archdemon and, through a dark ritual with Morrigan, spared your own life.
Free Specialization Books
Save the game, then purchase a Specialization Book from a vendor. The message "Specialization Unlocked" will appear. Load your saved game file. You will have regained the gold you spent for the book, but the specialization will still be unlocked.
Complete the two Drakescale Armor quests with Wade the armor crafter in Denerim. During the "Search For The Urn of Sacred Ashes" quest, you will encounter a dragon. Once it is defeated, you will receive an item called "Dragon Scale". Upon returning to Denerim, do not go to Wade's. Instead, go to Gorim at the opposite side of the Open Market and sell him the Dragon Scale. Then, go to Wades, tell him you have the Dragon Scale, and ask him to make the strongest armor. After the dialogue, Wade will give you a complete set of Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate Armor. Exit Wade's and go back to Gorim. Buy back the Dragon Scale. Exit the merchant and you will notice that the quest has been reissued. Talk to Gorim again and sell him back the Dragon Scale. After that, go back to Wade's and have him make another set of armor. Under normal conditions you can sell the entire set for around 8 gold pieces, but if you chose the Dwarf noble as your starting character Gorim will buy it from you for double that amount.
Pick up items during battle
Usually during battle you cannot pick up items. However, if you go within range of the item or corpse, open your radial menu by holding L2 and center it on the item or corpse and press X, when you let go of L2, the pick up box will appear. This can be helpful if you are in need of poultices and a dead enemy may have one on them.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs