Dragon Age 2 (PlayStation3)
Add to this page!
Sir Isaac's armor
Create an EA account then link it with your PSN ID. Play Dead Space 2 and log into your EA account. Exit, then play Dragon Age 2. Look in the special delivery chest at your house to find the armor.
Blood Dragon armor
Have a saved game file from Dragon Age: Origins.
Recommended party configuration
It is best to plan your party from the start. While planning character roles, remember "One to take it, one to deal, one to weaken, one to heal". You should have a damager, tank, entropist and healer. This will ensure you have one member taking all the damage and bringing the attention away from the rest of the party. Have an entropist (probably Merrill) to weaken and demoralize the enemy, a healer to strengthen and maintain the party, and a damager to inflict the pain. This will ensure a well rounded party that covers all aspects of combat.
Occasionally if you approach the Hanged Man with Isabella in your party, she will say "Ahh The Hanged Man. Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name", which is a reference the opening lyrics of the theme to the television show Cheers.
Joss Whedon reference
During random companion dialogue in the city between Anders and Isabella, she mentions that abominations are easy to escape because they make loud noises like "Grr Argh", which Anders refutes saying "Abominations to not go Grr Argh". During the ending credits of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Joss Whedon's "Mutant Enemy Productions" credit screen shows a little monster which says "Grr Argh?"
Jade Empire reference
During a random conversation between Fenris and Varric, Fenris asks him "Who is Bianca?" When Varric tells him it is a crossbow, Fenris says that he must have named it after someone, to which Varric replies, "Nope, Mirabelle was taken", a reference to the rifle owned by Sir Roderick Von Fontlebottom The Magnificent Bastard from Jade Empire.
Sir Mixalot reference
Created by XCVii007r1.
Take Isabella into the fade in the desire section. The demon will seduce her with the prospect of a boat in the harbor. When Isabella turns on you, she will say "I like big boats and I cannot lie", which is a reference to Sir Mixalot's "I Like Big Butts" song.
The Mask reference
In the "Prime Suspect" mission when you meet Mr. Dupries, have Varric in your party. Give the sarcastic response of letting Dupries talk his way out the situation. Varric will make the comment "I bet 20 silver it's 'it wasn't me, it was the one-armed man'". This is a reference to The Mask when Jim Carey tries to defend his innocence when he gets captured.
During the second act, when you first enter your Hightown mansion Aveline will ask you to deal with a problem she has with the Templar Emmeric. During the conversation you will get a chance to question her about Emmeric's investigation. When you choose the question that asks her why she would not investigate it with the guard, she talks about the Gascard de Puis house raid, then finishes it by saying "Why can't he just build a boat like other old men." This is a reference to the television show NCIS and the main character Leeroy Jethro Gibbs, an old federal agent who builds boats in his basement.
Wizard Of Oz reference
In your home when your mother says that her children should be nobles now, your uncle says "And if wishes were poppy we'd all be dreaming right now".
Easy "Chantry Historian" achievement or trophy
Created by XCVii007r1.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
awmr, plp enfwaos inle nbybnt
- Talented (Bronze): Upgraded a spell or talent.
- Tag Team (Bronze): Used teamwork to perform a cross-class combo.
- That Thing Has Legs (Bronze): Found and killed a varterral.
- Exorcist (Bronze): Found and killed the undying Xebenkeck.
- Weapon Master (Bronze): Mastered a weapon style.
- Craftsman (Bronze): Acquired your first crafting recipe.
- Financier (Bronze): Became a partner in a Deep Roads expedition.
- Dedicated (Bronze): Reached Level 10.
- A Friend in Need (Bronze): Upgraded the armor of one of your party members.
- Enchanter (Bronze): Enchanted an item.
- Mogul (Bronze): Had 100 or more sovereigns in your purse.
- Specialized (Bronze): Took two class specializations.
- I Got Your Back (Bronze): Completely upgraded the armor of one of your party members.
- Immigrant (Bronze): Became a resident of Kirkwall.
- Delver of the Deep (Bronze): Explored the Deep Roads.
- Birthright (Bronze): Kicked the slavers out of your ancestral mansion.
- Darkness Falls (Bronze): Toggled the map from day to night.
- Explorer (Bronze): Left Kirkwall to explore the outlying regions.
- Spelunker (Bronze): Visited 10 caves in Kirkwall and the surrounding area.
- Mass Exodus (Bronze): Reached Kirkwall with each character class across multiple playthroughs.
- Knowledgeable (Bronze): Unlocked 100 codex entries.
- Tale Within a Tale (Bronze): Listened to Varric begin his tale of the Champion of Kirkwall.
- Full House (Bronze): Recruited four party members.
- Friends in High Places (Bronze): Met Grand Cleric Elthina, Viscount Dumar, Knight-Commander Meredith, and First Enchanter Orsino.
- Gift Giver (Bronze): Gave a gift to one of your party members.
- Flirtatious (Bronze): Flirted with one of your party members and began a romance.
- Friend (Bronze): Earned the friendship of one of your party members.
- Rival (Bronze): Earned the rivalry of one of your party members.
- Romantic (Bronze): Completed a romance with one of your party members.
- Mercenary (Bronze): Allied yourself with the mercenaries upon arriving in Kirkwall.
- Nefarious (Bronze): Allied yourself with the smugglers upon arriving in Kirkwall.
- Dragon Slayer (Silver): Found and killed a high dragon.
- Demon Slayer (Silver): Found and killed the ancient demon, Hybris.
- Unstoppable (Silver): Completed a full year in Kirkwall without any party member being knocked unconscious.
- Master Craftsman (Silver): Crafted all of the items from a single crafting tree.
- Crowning Glory (Silver): Became the viscount of Kirkwall.
- Legendary (Silver): Reached Level 20.
- Treasure Hunter (Silver): Opened 50 chests.
- Supplier (Silver): Found every variety of crafting resources.
- Archeologist (Silver): During each year in Kirkwall, discovered 3 secret messages from the Band of Three.
- Chantry Historian (Silver): Found all four chapters of 'The History of the Chantry,' by Brother Genitivi.
- A Worthy Rival (Silver): Earned the Arishok's respect.
- Great Minds Think Alike (Silver): Earned the friendship or rivalry of four party members.
- Champion of Kirkwall (Silver): Completed Dragon Age II.
- Epic (Gold): Completed Dragon Age II twice, or completed it once with a save imported from Dragon Age Origins.
- The Ultimate Reward (Platinum): Completed all Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies
Additionally there are five secret trophies.
- Stone Cold (Bronze): Defeated the rock wraith on your expedition into the Deep Roads.
- King of the Hill (Bronze): Defeated the Arishok.
- Conqueror (Bronze): Defeated Meredith, knight-commander of Kirkwall's templars.
- Arcane Defender (Silver): Sided with the mages five times.
- Mage Hunter (Silver): Sided with the templars five times.
Unlimited money and experience points
Created by XCVii007r1.
Complete any side quest that does not activate a cinematic when receiving your reward. Then, draw your weapon and approach the NPC. When you are in the middle of the animation to put your weapon away, talk to the NPC and keep pressing X. You can keep doing this until you move your character.
Dead Anders stays with hero
Play through the game with a relationship with Anders. At the end of the game, choose to kill him for destroying the Chantry. In the end scene where Varric says that everyone had to leave the hero, he will say, "Everyone, of course, except Anders", even though he is already dead.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs