Enter one of the following names at the high score screen to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: You cannot access any high scores achieved in the driving games when cheats are enabled.
|Take a ride mode car select||We4rrqdz|
|Start as wanted person||ANJW16696|
|Unlock all cheats||SSHELLY|
Cheat mode (alternate)
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file;
create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text
editor to edit the "mladder.dms" or "mission661.dms"
file in the "scripts/missions/" folder. Make the following
changes to the file to activate the corresponding cheat effect.
- Unlimited damage
- Remove the following lines from the file:
EnablePlayerDamage MaxPlayerDamage 24576 file://( 0 ->4096*6 is range)
- Unlimited time
- Remove the following lines from the file:
DebugInfo 1 file://TimePlayer Countdown 70 file://UK 60 seconds USA 70 seconds
- Set the weather
- Add one of the following entries in a space following the "FelonyBarId 195" line.
Night Raining Lightning Dusk Snowing
- Change your car
- Replace the "0" in the "PlayerCarType 0" line with one of the following numbers:
- 0: Original car
- 1: Crew cab pickup
- 2: Luxury/pimp coupe
- 3: Sports coupe
- 4: Camaro
- 5: Toronado
- 6: Nova
- 7: Cadillac sedan
- 8: Bonneville
- 9: Chevelle
- 10: L.A.P.D. Caprice Cruiser (Horn activates lights and siren)
- 11: Cadillac Coupe
- 12: Firebird/Camaro Z28
- 13: Taxi
- 14: Cadillac Sedan
- 15: Jaguar (do not select unless game has already been completed)
- 16: Jaguar
- 17: '55 Thunderbird
- Destroy police cars with one hit
- Remove the following line from the file:
- Drive without police intervention
- This will place an inactive police cruiser directly behind your starting position. It (and all other police cars) will remain inactive unless this car is provoked. Add the following line to the file:
AddCivCar 9,0,1,0,3067, 45609, 441019
- Bomb transport
- This will give you a pickup truck with the performance characteristics of the Camaro with a box on the rear. The box will explode if you drive to roughly. Add the following lines to the file:
PlayerCarType 4 Crates OpponentBar "KaBOOM" FailedMessage "KaBOOM"
- Disable the "Lose The Tail" mission
- Delete or comment out the following lines that are scattered throughout the file:
SetMaximumCops 0 Cops_off Cop_Respawn 65000 Cops_Immortal 0 //SpawnCops 1, 3067, 45609, 441019 AddCivCar 9,0,1,0,3067, 45609, 441019 ForceFelonyRating 1 InformPlayerById 5,103 Set Objective 2 MustBeHidden 1 //Must arrive at drop off point without a tail NeedToLoseTail 1 OuterRadius 1000000 WaitForObjectiveComplete Cops_off InformPlayerById 5,3 StopTimer wait 2 MissionEnd
- Note: Disabling the "Lose The Tail" mission will enable "prowling" cops. Set the number of police you wish to have chasing you by changing the value of the "SetMaximumCops 1" line. Setting it to "3" seems optimal. Alternately, you can disable cops by changing the "Cops_on" line to "Cops_off". You can also add the line "CopWipeOutDamage 7000" to set the amount of damage it takes to destroy a police cruiser. If this line is not present, it takes about one solid head-on crash to destroy a cop.
- Place a "trigger cop"
- This allows you to drive freely without any cop intervention until activated. To enable this, do not delete the line:
"AddCivCar 9,0,1,0,3067, 45609, 441019"
This will cause an inactive police cruiser to be placed directly behind your starting position. It will remain inactive unless provoked, thereby activating all of the cops.
Unlock all cheats
Copy the "mladder.dml" file in the game's data folder to a backup location. Use a text editor to edit the original "mladder.dml" in the game's data folder. Remove all the existing text and enter the following lines:
SETCITY [NY] RENDER 70 END
Save the file and start a new career. If done correctly, only the ending sequence will appear. Exit the game, then copy the backup "mladder.dml" from its backup location to its original location. Start the game again, and all cheats will be available at the main menu.
Bypass training mode
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "mladder.dml" file in the game's data folder. Remove the following two lines in the file:
After completing the game, you can drive any car that you drove in the missions, including the truck with the explosives, the taxi, the police car (honk the horn for sirens), and others.
You can also access all of the cheats (including the Newcastle Level), but you can only drive the different cars in Take A Drive mode. Additionally, you can play any level in the game.
- When you are wanted and you see a cop in front of you, drive up behind him. He will see you in his rear-view mirror and turn around to try to get you. If timed correctly, you can try to get the cop to crash into a tree or obstacle to get a great opportunity to get away.
- If you are playing the Getaway game, drive at top speed on a long straight and do not crash. You will almost always get away.
- When you come up behind a cop, he can see you from his mirror. When he sees you do something wrong, he will make U turn to try to catch you. To use this to your advantage, when you come up behind a cop look for a tree or pool. Do a driving violation on the side the pool or tree he is on so that when he turns to get you, he will crash into it.
- Look out for alleys and parking garages. They are good places to lose the police.
- Drive like you are one of the city cars and the police will not follow you unless you hit a car or building.
- Find a corner with a wall on the outside of it. Turn at the very last second. If done correctly, some of the pursuing police cars will smash into it and become inactive.
- Weave through traffic, trees, lamp posts, and other obstacles. No matter how good they are, they will make a mistake sooner or later.
- When in a tunnel or on a freeway, drive on the right-hand side between the line of cars and the wall. They cannot get to you, and will destroy themselves trying.
- If you are surrounded by cops, try to find a stretch of sidewalk with indestructible (concrete or iron) posts. Sit behind the posts. They will continuously smash into the posts to get to you, but you will be safe. When they are all burnt out, you can make an easy escape.
- If the cops are ahead, get yourself a blocker by tucking behind another car or van (recommended). They will find it difficult to see you, and when they do they will hit your blocker instead of you. As soon as they hit, get out of there quickly and keep them behind you.
- There is a limit to how many cops will be chasing you at one time, which is about six. Keep all six cops behind you on a race through the city and no more will appear. Although this is much more difficult than it sounds, as they will take themselves out quite easily.
Driving on the sidewalks
- You can drive on the sidewalks regardless of what the manual states. Just drive slowly and do not hit any signs, cars, or other objects.
- Whenever possible, drive on the sidewalks. It will keep the cops off of you, and you will not have to worry about oncoming traffic. When driving in San Francisco, use the cable cars to lose the cops. They will often slam into each other.
Flip your car
- To make your car do a flip, find a cop car on its side. Get some distance and ram into the bottom part of the car. If done correctly, your car will flip very high in the air.
- This trick only works in San Francisco. In cruise mode, go straight until you reach a trolley track. Turn left there and go straight until you reach the end. Turn right and you will see a group of sand piles. Go over the first two immediately over the top of them then gain speed and hit the next one slightly to the side. If done at a good speed and aimed to the side of the pile so that only two wheels touch it, you will end up on your side or roof. There is an other place you can do this at. Find a nice hill and use the I-brake to slide sideways down the hill until you slightly start to turn the way you came from. Then, press the \ to do a peel out. If timed correctly, you should flip onto your side or roof. Finally, you can accomplish this move by turning right or left just before going off a jump. All of the these moves work best with a Pontiac Grand Prix (white car with ridge down hood), Chevy pickup, Dodge St. Regis police car, and the Ford Fairlane (standard San Francisco mission car).
Begin game play and find a long straightaway. Accelerate
until your car is over 100 mph. Release the accelerator (and burn
out if in use). Hold the cruise control key to keep speeding up.
unegry fdy lopfo
Drive as fast as possible
Go into one of the driving games, and when the "Enter
Name" screen appears, enable the NJW280172 code. Then,
win in another game and enable the We4rrqdz code. Then,
enter take a ride mode, and choose the red Ferrari (one of the
last cars on the list). You can now driver very fast and outsmart
the cops. Also, if you want to go off jumps, do take a ride mode
in San Francisco and speed over the hills.
When the mission begins, press [Esc] to enter
the pause menu. Go to the big map. Find your location, then find
where you need to go. Using these two locations, find the most
direct route to your location to prevent confusion and loss of
time by going in the wrong direction. Also, use the compass to
San Francisco: Easy "Taxi!" mission
You are supposed to do crazy stunts to scare the informant. To do this easily, accelerate to maximum speed, then do a 180 brake turn. Do this three times, and he should be 90% scared. Then, do "doughnuts" (turn and hold down the burnout) until he is completely scared.
New York: Easy "The President's Run" mission
In the last mission in Campaign mode, your only choice is to make it to Broadway. This means immediately making a left and trying to make it two streets north. Then, go straight down Broadway, smash through roadblocks, and peel off chasers until it is time to make the right turn. Watch your map. After that, make it down that street, around the final corner, and into the garage...
In "chase" scenarios, where you are chasing a car, you can either smash the car (hitting it up to twelve times), or just chase it until the timer expires. These are completely different tactics. If you want to smash, get close and do a series of multiple taps instead of one big smash. The game counts the number of taps, and not the amount of damage you do in each collision. If you want to chase, stay back slightly so you can react to any to the AI car's moves.
Carnage Take A Ride invincibility
Play a carnage movie (if one was created). After it is completed, play Take A Drive, and you should be invincible (except for running into buildings).
Carnage Take A Ride airborne cars
Enable the "Invincibility" and "Fast cars" codes. Start Carnage Take A Ride mode, get to 175 mph and ram into a car perfectly head on. If done correctly, the other
car will become airborne and sometimes never come down.
Newcastle level bridge
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Newcastle
level. There is a bridge that is blocked off at the very beginning
of that level. Get right in front of the bridge, so you are facing
it. If you look to the right, the little things with the ropes
on them will appear. In between them is a small opening. Go through
it to get behind all the places that are previously blocked on
Enable the railroad cops, immunity, and no damage cheats.
Go to Miami in take a ride mode to see people hopping instead
Start take a ride in mode San Francisco with the invincibility
code. Set the cop difficulty to hard. Beat up some things to get
the cops after you, and while at over 85 mph, ram a cop car perfectly
head on. He will "glide" through your car, flip a couple
times, and die.
Drive in water
Select take a ride mode and enable the NJW280172
code. Choose the thunderbird as your car. Get to maximum speed
and hit the divider straight on. Keep holding the gas pedal down
to fly awhile. If you land on your wheels, you will be able to
drive on the water and on the land on the other side of the divider.
Go to New York. Get out of Battery Park City and turn
left. Keep going until you can turn left. Turn left, and to the
left. There should be a empty space. Drive into it and you should
Get in the Chevy Pickup and drive straight in San Francisco
until you reach a trolley track. Then, turn left and follow it
to the end. Get to the sand piles and hit the first two or three
of them. Look closely at the rear bumper. It will appear as if
it is going through the sand pile and coming out the other side.
This trick enables you to drive outside the buildings. Enable the NJW280172, We4rrqdz, and RUS3L codes. Go to Take A Ride mode and select San Francisco. A screen will appear. Press [Left] twice. There should be a red car. It is rounder than the other cars. Choose to go in the day. This car can reach about 342 mph. Look at the map and there should be an upside-down "L" somewhere to the right. If you keep going straight, then to the right, you will eventually get there. It is a parking garage. Go to the first level and back up into the wall, with the car facing the slant to the next level.
Then, quickly accelerate you fly through the ceiling. You will land on a clear spot. There should be some glitched buildings. You still can crash into the buildings. To get back to the regular streets, just drive back the way you came. Note: Do not go too far in a direction away from the city. Your car may flip, and cause the game to freeze.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs