Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Successfully complete the game under the indicated difficulty setting to unlock the following options at the "Extras" menu, usable in single player mode. Note: Enabling the "cheat" options will prevent Ego points and achievements/trophies from being earned.
- Concept Arts: Normal difficulty or higher.
- Development Timeline: Normal difficulty or higher.
- Duke 3D Freeze Ray (freeze ray fires bouncing ice projectiles): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Duke Sound Board: Normal difficulty or higher.
- Game Speed (adjust game speed): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Grayscale Mode (black and white graphics): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Head Scale (adjust head size of enemies and NPCs): Easy difficulty or higher.
- Infinite Ammo (cheat; self-explanatory): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Instagib (cheat; enemies killed with one shot and always gib): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Invincibility (cheat; no damage from bullets or explosions): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Mirror Mode (graphics are mirrored horizontally): Normal difficulty or higher.
- Movies: Normal difficulty or higher.
- Screenshots: Normal difficulty or higher.
- Triptych Office Photos: Normal difficulty or higher.
Reach level 40 in multi-player mode. In this mode, all points earned are now doubled with the exception of challenges. You will also get 20 points each time an enemy is damaged.
Complete the indicated multi-player weapon challenge to unlock the corresponding accessory in the changing room.
- Backwards Baseball Cap: Get 250 kills with the Shotgun (Burger Face III).
- Baseball Cap: Get 75 kills with pipe bombs (Splatter king III).
- Brain Sucker: Get 250 kills with the Enforcer (Laser Seeking Missiles III).
- Canadian Flag Logo: Get 75 kills with the Garter Pistol (Tiny But Deadly III).
- Cheese Hat: Get 250 kills with the Ripper (Swiss Cheese III).
- Detonator Logo: Get 250 kills with the Rocket Launcher (Boom Goes the Weasel III).
- Hoplite Helmet: Get 75 melee kills (Punchy McPuncher III).
- I Shot Stupid Logo: Get 250 kills with the Railgun (Right In the Eye III).
- Jester Hat: Get 75 kills with trip mines (Watch your step III).
- Military Hat: Get 250 kills with the Pistol (Size Doesn't Matter III).
- Retro Duke Logo: Get 250 kills with the Devestator (Meat Grinder III).
- Ski Goggles: Execute a frozen player 75 times (Ice to See You III).
- Tie-Dye Shirt: Get 250 kills with the AT laser (Medium Rare III).
- Uncle Sam Hat: Stomp on 75 enemies (Pee Wee Vermin III).
- Wolf Logo: Get 75 kills with Steroids (Roid Rage III).
- WTF Logo: Get 75 kills with exploding barrels (Smile You Son of a Bitch III).
"Damn! It's Late...": Microwaved rat
There is a room with a microwave. Directly under the microwave is a cupboard which can be opened to find a rat. You can pick up the rat and put it in the microwave. Note: This room is also shared with the Duke Nukem Fanboy.
Defeating the Alien Queen
When you first get in, and before you start the fight, fill your guns and explosives. Go to the right of the room where there are two trampolines. Crouch against the wall and the queen cannot hit you. Throw a pipe bomb at the first one. If it lands there, it will bounce to the second one, and to the Alien Queen. You should be able to tell when the bomb is near the queen -- detonate it when it is close. It will damage her. Continue this, but remember that she will send out bugs to kill you. The shotgun is the best weapon, as it kills them quickly. If you use the rocket launcher, be careful not to kill yourself. After the queen has lost two thirds of her health, the trampolines will close, and you will not be able to use them anymore. The queen will now send out Octobrains, which are much more dangerous than the bugs. For the Octobrains, use a machine gun. Make sure your rocket launcher is loaded, then return to the right side of the room. Find a spot on the wall where you can see the queen's head and launch rockets at it. Remember to sprint when going to the left of the room to get rockets, and to kill the Octobrains with your machine gun. Keep this up and you will defeat her, then make your way over there to finish her.
Duke will say "Tonight, you dine in Hell" after a kill in "Vegas In Ruins". This is a reference to 300, when Leonidas says "Tonight, we dine in Hell!"
Christian Bale reference
In the "Damn It’s Late" mission, after walking off the set you will see an actor yelling at someone. He says things like "Do you want me to trash you're mics? DO YOU?" and "You're a nice guy, you really are but you're a fucking amateur". This is a reference to when Christian Bale freaked out on the set of Terminator Salvation.
Dead Space reference
In "The Hive" chapter, after you tickle the first door, turn to your left and begin walking forward. You will have to crouch to get under the bridge. Once you do, you will see and dead EDF Soldier with Isaac Clarke's signature engineer helmet.
Donkey Kong reference
While ascending the stairs to escape the collapsing Hoover dam, barrels will fly down at you prompting Duke to say "Where's a hammer when you need one". When you reach the top and face the Pig Cop throwing them, he will add "Odd, I was expecting a monkey".
A female Fast Food employee makes the comment "I hope they make another season of Lightning Bug. That captain is hot".
At the start of the "Vegas In Ruins" level, before you enter the building there is a van with weapons. The armor in the van is the same from Halo, other than the Nukem insignia on the helmet visor.
In the Strip Club level, enter the room where you can microwave the popcorn. Look on the desk where you can use the security camera and you will see a spinning top, like the one Leonardo DiCaprio uses in Inception.
Leroy Jenkins reference
In the area outside the Lady Killer hotel and casino, Davis will assign Corporal Jenkins "The only one crazy enough to volunteer to go with Duke". Three minutes later, he charges the enemy and gets blown up. When Duke approaches the body he says "Damn it Leroy".
Mortal Kombat reference
In the Duke Nukem soundboard, there is an entry called "Fatality". when you select it, Duke says "Duke wins, Fatality."
Saints Row series reference
Sometimes when Duke kills an enemy in the "Duke Burger" Level, he will say "Better than Freckle Bitch's!". Freckle Bitch's is the fast food restaurant featgured in Saints Row and Saints Row 2, where the player can purchase food and drinks to restore health.
Starship Troopers reference
After killing some enemies, you will hear Duke say "I'm from Las Vegas, and I say kill 'em all!". This is a reference to Starship Troopers when Johnny Rico says "I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!".
Tommy Tutone reference
In the bathroom in the Strip Club level, above one of the urinals there is some grafitti that reads "Jenny - 867-5309". This is a reference to the Tommy Tutone song of the same name.
Easy "Air Duke" achievement or trophy
Created by ssdd2k1.
Easy "Balls of Steel" achievement or trophy
Created by ssdd2k1.
Easy "Bucket Head" achievement or trophy
Created by ssdd2k1.
Easy "Noms, Nobody Likes A Whiner" achievement or trophy
Created by PlentyOfAchievements.
Easy "Sticky Bomb Like You!" achievement or trophy
At the beginning of "The Duke Dome" chapter, you will get an unlimited amount of explosives when entering a building. Throw a trip mine directly on one of the enemies to earn the "Sticky Bomb Like You!" achievement or trophy.
Easy "Sunday, Black Sunday" achievement or trophy
In the "Duke Lives" chapter, at the very beginning of your first fight, you will see a blimp in the background. Keep shooting it until you earn the "Sunday, Black Sunday" achievement or trophy.
Easy "Turd Burglar" trophy
Poop can be found in toilets. There is some poop in the toilets in the room where the game begins, in the "Duke Lives" chapter. Grab poop from a toilet and throw it to earn the "Turd Burglar" achievement or trophy.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Extermination (25 points): Kill 50 aliens.
- Annihilation (40 points): Kill 100 aliens.
- Nuclear Devastation (50 points): Kill 250 aliens.
- Hippy-Stomper (20 points): Foot stomp 12 aliens.
- Judge, Jury, Executioner (20 points): Execute 20 aliens.
- Trapper (20 points): Kill 10 aliens with Trip Mines.
- Freeze Well! (20 points): Kill 15 frozen aliens.
- Road Rage (20 points): Kill 15 aliens with the monster truck.
- Fork the Pork (10 points): Kill 6 aliens with the forklift.
- Dead Useful (15 points): Kill 10 aliens with environmental explosives.
- Downtown Barrel Beatdown (15 points): Kill 10 aliens with tossed objects.
- Duke Angry, Duke Smash! (20 points): Kill 15 aliens with melee attacks while on steroids.
- Noms (10 points): Eat 10 pieces of food during the SP campaign.
- On the Noggin (25 points): Kill 30 aliens with headshots.
- Natural Disaster 3x (10 points): Kill 3 aliens at once.
- FBT (10 points): Get knocked down 10 times.
- Turd Burglar (10 points): Find and steal a piece of poo. (Video)
- I Need a Towel (10 points): Get hit by 10 Pregnator bombs.
- Baron von Nukem (20 points): Shoot down 20 alien fighters.
- I Need a Date (5 points): Look at every page of a calendar in SP. (Video)
- Sticky Bomb Like You! (10 points): Put a Trip Mine on a live alien.
- Big Guns, Big Ships (10 points): Blow up 5 enemy gunships or dropships.
- Air-Duke (30 points): Win air hockey with a score of 7-0 in the strip club.
- Balls of Steel (25 points): Earn a 1,000,000 pinball score in SP.
- Flagon of Chuckles (5 points): Drink a beer in SP. (Video)
- Juiced (5 points): Take steroids in SP.
- He's Got a Hologram! (5 points): Use a Holoduke in SP.
- Drawrings (10 points): Doodle something on the whiteboard in SP. (Video)
- Substance Abuser (10 points): Drink beer while on steroids or vice versa in SP.
- I Am All That Is Man (40 points): Discover all Ego cap awards.
- Gunslinger (50 points): Carry the gold pistol through the whole SP campaign.
- Piece of Cake (20 points): Complete the SP campaign on Easy Difficulty.
- Let's Rock (30 points): Complete the SP campaign on Normal Difficulty.
- Come Get Some (40 points): Complete the SP campaign on Hard Difficulty.
- Damn, I'm Good (50 points): Complete the SP campaign on Insane Difficulty.
- Special Thanks (5 points): Watch the credits all the way through.
- Bucket Head (30 points): Find all 3 helmets in the SP campaign. (Video)
- Call Waiting (25 points): Listen to all phone messages. (Video)
- Party Animal (10 points): Drink all of the beers in the strip club.
- Pescaphobe (10 points): Kill all the catfish in the underwater level.
- Sunday, Black Sunday (5 points): Shoot down the blimp above the stadium.
- Nobody Likes a Whiner (5 points): Knock out the talent at the talk show. (Video)
- Lots of Whacking (25 points): Win a game of Alien Abortion in the strip club.
- Companion Barrel (10 points): Unlock the secret closet at the end of the Forkstop. (Video)
- One-Eyed Freak (10 points): Defeat the Cycloid. (Video)
- Pit Champion (25 points): Defeat the Battlelord in Las Vegas. (Video)
- Not Bad for a Human (40 points): Defeat the Alien Queen. (Video)
- A Good Dam Fight (25 points): Defeat the Battlelord on the Hoover Dam. (Video)
- Octacide (25 points): Defeat the Octaking. (Video)
- Beating the One-Eyed Worm (35 points): Defeat the Energy Leech. (Video)
Strategy guides from GameFAQs