Dynasty Warriors 6 (PC)
Successfully complete Musou mode to unlock the Expert difficulty for Musou mode and Free mode.
Successfully complete Musou mode with a character from the Wu, Shu, Wei, and Other factions.
Successfully complete Musou mode.
Successfully complete Musou mode.
Reach level 25 with a character to unlock their alternate costume.
Reach level 50 with a character to unlock their voice gallery.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character.
- Cao Cao: Complete Musou mode with three Wei characters.
- Cao Pi: Defeat Cao Pi in less than five minutes on the Sun Jian side of He Fei.
- Cao Ren: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Lu Bu side of Fan Castle.
- Diao Chan: Complete Musou mode with one character from each kingdom.
- Dong Zhuo: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Lu Bu side of The Battle Of Hu Lao Gate.
- Gan Ning: Complete Musou mode as a Wu character.
- Guan Ping: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Shu side of Fan Castle and finish the battle with Guan Ping surviving.
- Huang Gai: Complete Battle Objective 3 on the Wu side of The Battle of Chi Bi.
- Huang Zhong: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Wei side of Ding Jun Mountain.
- Ling Tong: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Wei side of the Battle of Shi Ting.
- Liu Bei: Complete Musou mode with three Shu characters.
- Lu Bu: Complete Musou mode with Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Diao Chan, and Sun Jian.
- Lu Meng: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Wei side of He Fei.
- Ma Chao: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Wei side of Han Zhong Attack Defense Battle.
- Pang Tong: Complete Battle Objective 3 at Cheng Du battle and finish the battle with Pang Tong surviving.
- Sun Ce: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Sun Jian side of the Battle of Xia Pi.
- Sun Jian: Complete Musou mode with three Wu characters.
- Sun Quan: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Lu Bu side of The Battle of Chi Bi.
- Taishi Ci: Defeat Taishi Ci in the Battle For Wu Territory.
- Wei Yan: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Shu side of Wu Zhang Plains and finish the battle with Wei Yan surviving.
- Xiahou Yuan: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Shu side of Ding Jun Mountain.
- Xiao Quio: Complete Battle Objective 3 on the Wu side of the Battle of Shi Ting.
- Xu Huang: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Wei or Wu side of Fan Castle.
- Xu Zhu: On He Fei on the Wu side, personally kill Cao Ren and Xu Chu.
- Yuan Shao: Play the Battle Of Guan Du scenario as the Cao Cao force. Yan Jin and Bai Ma must not fall.
- Yue Ying: Complete Battle Objective 1 on the Wei side of the Battle of Wu Zhang Plains.
- Zhang Jiao: Defeat Zhang Jiao in the Yellow Turban Rebellion.
- Zhang Liao: Complete Musou mode as a Wei character.
- Zhen Ji: Complete Battle Obective 1 on Xu Du Invasion Battle, Lu Bu scenario.
- Zheng He: Complete Battle Objective 2 on the Shu side of Han Zhong Attack Defense Battle.
- Zhou Tai: Complete Battle Objective 3 on the Shu side of Yi Ling.
- Zhuge Liang: Complete Musou mode with a Shu character.
Unlocking Yuan Shao easily
- Play the Battle Of Guan Du scenario as the Cao Cao force. Yan Jin and Bai Ma must not fall. You will need a strong character that can defeat enemies quickly. Make sure to have Renbu Bag, a long Musou gauge, and a fast warhorse. The enemy officers will try to siege Bai Ma and Yan Jin at the same time. Move between them as fast as possible to aid the guards. If either falls at any time during the battle the target is a failure. Keep the enemy back and defeat Yuan Shao as quickly as possible.
- Play the Battle Of Guan Du scenario as the Cao Cao force. Get a strong character with a fast horse. Go straight towards Yuan Shao, jumping down the cliffs, ignoring Yan Jin and Bai Ma. Kill him as quickly as possible. If done correctly, you should be able to kill him before either fort falls. You will have completed the third target and Yuan Shao will be unlocked.
- Enter Free mode and select the Battle Of He Fei Castle scenario under the Chaos difficulty setting. Have player one choose a maxed Zhuge Liang. Have player two choose whoever you want to acquire weapons or level up. Have both players choose a fast horse with "Acquire Weapon" skill (for example, Auburn King for his "Steel Hoof" skill for charging into crowds). Zhuge Liang must be equipped with a 90+ weapon that has Ice element, Flash, True Musou, Air Wave and Mystic Seal. Having the Flash property is the most important as it will quickly cut down enemies. Begin the game. Have player two ride and jump into the pool of water below the belt trap where you cannot be harmed. Have player one charge towards Sun Quan's boats and ride onto the middle one (the boat just east of Sun Quan's). There is a Hua Tuo's Balm located in an urn at the southeast corner of the boat which will fill your Renbu and Musou gauges. Ride as close as you can to Sun Quan without getting knocked off your horse. Because you are using a maxed Zhuge Liang, make use of the special start tome to soften him up. As your fire special attack is going off, pad your damage using your power attack, which will also clear out enemy officers giving you more opportunity to open up on Sun Quan. Just as your special ends and Sun Quan is getting back on his feet, dismount and unleash your Musou attack on him. By this point he should be close to half HP if not less, and finishing him off is easy. If he jumps or dodges and is still standing after your Musou finishes, either bash him with your normal or power attacks or refill by attacking the crowd, who because of your fire special are nearly dead. All of this should require about one minute. All three objectives will be completed and you will get four weapons for each character, plus gain some levels for one who is not at the maximum. It is possible to do this with Zhuge Liang at lower levels, but it is important that if you do attempt it that you have the 90+ weapon mentioned as well as the following skills: Infinite Renbu, Flame, Hellfire, Stamina and Special Start.
- Use the following trick to level up your level 1 characters to near level 10 quickly. Get a level 50 character (Lu Bu recommended) and make sure it has the better horse in speed attributes. The weapon must have Flash and an element. Choose the character you want to level up and do not give him any horse. Select the Battle Of He Fei Castle: Wei's side. Have player two go to your main camp and player one strike directly at Sun Quan's boats. Kill Sun Quan. All three targets will be completed and character may level up.
- When you get to level 10 to 15, you can begin to level up your character for yourself, with no need for player one to level up. Select the Battle Of Chang Ban: Wei's side. Begin with a fast horse and get to Liu Bei and the others as fast as possible. Massacre on everybody there. Get the pouches and you will level up quickly, Note: Do this trick with one person alone. If done with two players it will be more difficult. For better results, do this with more advanced level characters; it is almost impossible to kill everybody with a lesser level.
- In the Battle of He Fei: Sun Jian's side, have player one go to He Fei West Castle quickly and kill Cao Pi. Have player two (with an advanced level) go to Chao Hu West Fort. You can find its location by the Battleground in the pause menu. Conquer it while player one continues slaughtering everyone at He Fei West Castle. When the two bases have fallen, have both players massacre every little enemy unit until the only remaining is Cao Cao. Then, just kill him.
Call your horse during battle
This only works when you select a horse at the inventory screen. While in the battlefield, when you are leaving your horse at far distance, press Down to return your horse to your side. Note: Your horse might not be unable to reach you if there is an object blocking its way.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs