Enter F3ARDAY1 as a profile name.
- Make a mark of some sort to lead you back on some Medkits that you could not carry before. If you so happen to run out of your own because of a big fight you can find them again. This is useful in Interval 11 with the armies of ghosts coming after you. Just make sure that you are able to backtrack to get the Medkits you left behind.
- Use your Medkits at the correct time. Do not use Medkits immediately when you have about 70 to 80 health remaining. Try using a Medkit when your health drops below 30. One Medkit can heal up to about 30 to 45 points. If your health happens to drop below 40 and you are in a 1v1 or 2v1 fight, do not bother using a Medkit unless you really need to. Just run to cover while using your slow-mo abilities. Your health will regenerate slowly back to 40 if it drops below that, however you must be out of the firefight to regenerate your health.
Saving ammunition and time
If there are no enemies or music playing, holster your weapon. You save ammunition and can move faster to get through quicker. This also helps you outrun paranormal activity or get through it faster.
When you find some ammunition, drop the corresponding weapon. Collect the ammunition, then pick up the weapon again. You will gain more ammunition than if you had only collected the ammunition by itself.
Defeating Assassin Super Soldiers
Because the assassins are difficult to see due to their camouflage and high speed running, try using slow-motion with L2
PlayStation3 or LB
Xbox 360 . You will notice them immediately once they are slowed. After that, let all of your rounds into them.
If you do not have slow-motion (for example, in the bonus mission when playing as the demolition man), you must have a quick finger and a good eye to notice them running around. There are two ways to do this. The first is to toss a grenade to reveal the assassin for a certain amount of time. Hopefully the splash radius will either hit him or kill him. Note: The grenade has a two to four second delay before exploding, and correct timing is required. The second way is to wait until the assassin approaches directly in front of you. When he reveals himself, start firing at him.
Defeating Heavy Armor
- Wait for slow motion to get up to full and make sure you have a shotgun. When ready, activate slow motion and fire as many rounds into the armor as possible. During this, it is also a good idea to circle around it to throw off its fire. This tactic is not useful if slow motion is off. The Particle weapon, Repeating cannon, and Rocket Launcher also does a great deal of damage against them.
- If done correctly, Slide Kicks will kill a Heavy Armor in one hit.
- Use the semi-auto rifle or plasma rifle. Zoom in and shoot it in the head, then in the upper legs where there is no armor. The Heavy Armor solider will double up each time and stop shooting. Repeat your shots from head to upper legs until it is dead.
Pistols can easily defeat nightmares. They can take them out in one shot, compared to other weapons that require multiple shots (except heavy weapons). This is also very useful, due to the fact that certain times when Alma and Fettel take you to hell, you will lose all weapons and get a pistol.
Defeating Stealth Soldiers
- Holster your weapon when they appear and use slow motion. Use a round house, slide, or bicycle kick when they are close.
- Use the following trick in Interval 8, Mission 2 during a Stealth Soldier attack. When you enter the warehouse, kill the first one that is in front of you and allow the second one to hit you. Watch it go away and keep an eye on it. It will come back and will jump across the ravine in order to reach you. When it does jump, use slow motion and a round house kick.
- Corner yourself so the Stealth Soldiers cannot sneak up behind you. A wall will work, but a corner is recommended so you have a better view.
- A shotgun will work nicely against any Stealth Soldier.
Use the following tactics to defeat groups.
- Rush the enemy and take out as much enemy troops as possible, then hide.
- If the group has a Heavy Armor, take out the guards first then attack the armor.
- If you are in a tight spot and enemies are approaching in front of you, using slow motion and Drop Kick works nicely. Most of the time this will kill enemy troops with one hit.
- If there is a lot in a group, use grenades.
Defeating enemy groups without being spotted
If the an enemy does not know you are there, holster your weapon and melee the guards. If you are lucky, the fallen guard will make little noise, and they will not look at you when you do it. You can dispose of the most of the guards without firing a shot.
Interval 01: Alma crying
Before the first apparition of Charles' face, check the broken down door right over the table. Look into it to hear Alma crying. However you normally cannot see her.To actually see Alma, go back to the pair of double doors you saw before you saw the broken table. Keep opening and closing them. After awhile, the "Incoming: Unknown Origin" will appear. Keep doing this. After a few more minutes, the doors will disappear and you will enter a paranormal vision.
Interval 02 Half Life 2 reference
One of the people communicating to Betters and the SOF-D team is named "A. Sheppard". This is a reference to the main character of Half-Life 2: Adrain Sheppard.
Interval 03, Mission 2: Skip scene
To the scene skip when Alma appears on the ladder, simply jump down instead of climbing down. This however will use up some life and therefore is not recommended.
Interval 03, Mission 2: Avoiding damage
When Alma takes you into the vision, turn around after the door explodes or else you will take damage from a nightmare.
Interval 04: Office Space reference
- While making your way through the large office building, look for papers hung on the wall or scattered on desks. Many of these papers have "TPS Report" written on them, as well as a symbol including three boxes at the top. This is a reference to the popular movie Office Space in which the characters are involved with TPS reports at their office, Initech, which has almost the same logo as the symbol at the top of the papers.
- As you are making your way through the large office building, about midway through the level there should be a large room filled with cubicles, with multiple offices on the side. One of the cubicles in the middle of the room has a lot of boxes piled into it, with a red stapler on the desk. This is in reference to the character Milton in Office Space. Management is always making him move his desk and using his area for storage, as well as stealing his red Swingline stapler. This can be found in the same area as multiple T.P.S. reports.
Interval 06: Avoid ambush
After you defeat the group of men and a cyborg wielding a Penetrator in a large room, go through the doors and onto a balcony with plants underneath. Use the ASP rifle to kill the two men that are attacking from below. Do not jump down to where they were. There is an very large cyborg with a multi-rocket launcher waiting for you. Instead, jump directly across from the doors you just came through. Hide behind the first obstacle you find. Get out from your spot and shoot the machine with your ASP once to draw its attention so that it comes towards you. Once you get its attention, quickly get back to your hiding spot. When you hear it has stopped walking, lean out from your spot. It will not notice you, even after you start attacking. Keep shooting it until it explodes.
Interval 08, Mission 1: Skip scene
To skip the scene with Fettel kidnapping Alice (even though it is an apparition), simply shoot Alice or Fettel. You will however find an additional scene with Alice's body on the floor (also an apparition). This might be a sign of the future though because Alice's body is discovered in Interval 10 in the same way.
Interval 11: Alma in Hard mode
In the last interval, beware when Alma attempts to go after you in the last vision. On Hard mode and above the rooms will be pitch black, allowing Alma to hide and attack you without being seen. Pay close attention to anything that appears to be moving in this last vision. Also, the flashlight and slow motion will be useless.
Heavy Resistance: Extra Alma scene
Near the start, kill the clone soldier that is by himself. Then, look at one of the security cameras.
Reappearance of first level
If you look around during two of the Alma visions, you will notice that it looks similar to the first level.
- Always have an assault rifle or sub machine gun with you. They are actually very good in most situations. Pistols are only good in paranormal attacks. Shotguns also work as well.
- The most important thing needed to complete the game is to master the shotgun. It will be the handiest and most used weapon thoughout the game. First, know that before combat enemies that are unaware of you will die in one shot. Once in combat, hide from them, preferably out of grenade range. This will cause them to hunt you down, which brings them out of cover and moves them close. Once they are exposed like that, the shotgun will usually kill them with one shot. The enemies that are smart enough to stay in cover can be killed or scared into the open by a grenade. Alternately, just advance closer to them every time they reload until you can kill them. Note: The shotgun is more effective at medium and longer ranges as compared to other games.
Surviving paranormal activities
To avoid shellshock, always look around in a paranormal vision first before moving on. Also if Alma is in her child form, go towards her to move on. If she is in her older form, run away. It is also a good idea to shoot while running.
Health booster locations
- Interval 01: Rooms on right side where you meet Jankowski. Go to the rooms on the right before going upstairs.
- Interval 02: Just before you go up to the room where you meet Alma, check the back. It is near the part where you see Jankowski's second ghost.
- Interval 03 mission 1: In the sewer where Alma is. Be careful because you will encounter another Alma scene when you pick this up.
- Interval 03, mission 2: Check the sewers when you first encounter Moddy's ghost.
Weapons are available for a reason. They actually indicate what will be up ahead before you fight.
- Pistols: One pistol indicates Paranormal activity is nearby. Two pistols do not mean anything.
- Sub machine: This indicates that there will be lots of any type of soldiers nearby.
- Assault rifle: This does not means anything, as they are found throughout the game.
- Nail gun: This indicates that long distance firing will be needed soon, or heavy armor is close by.
- Shotgun: This does not usually mean anything, as they are found throughout the game. However, it may indicate heavy armor.
- Rocket Launcher: Indicates that a Mech, Leviathan, or heavy armor is close by (not so much Heavy armor).
- Repeating cannon: Indicates that lots of enemy soldiers, mechs, etc. are near. Basically, there is a lot of everything coming up. It also indicates that the end of the game is near when more quantities of them are found.
- Particle weapon: Indicates possible snipers or heavy armor.
- Mines: Indicates that a platoon of enemy soldiers is close by.
Being alert to paranormal threats
The following list shows what you will notice when paranormal activity is close. Use this to prepare for any frightening scenes up ahead.
- You see Alma.
- There is a black cloud.
- There are flickering lights.
- The room is dark with not a lot of light.
- There are no enemies around.
- Communication says, "Incoming: Unknown origin".
- You see a large amount of blood with no bodies.
- You see Paxton Fettel.
- You hear voices.
- Objects move on their own.
- The flashlight and/or slow motion stops working.
- You enter slow motion on your own.
Knowing Norton Mapes is bad early
You can easily tell that Norton Mapes is a bad guy because the fire alarm room will have a Cheesy Poofs bag in it. When you turn off the fire alarm, look to the right.
Norton Mapes' belt
Check Norton Mapes' belt when you first encounter him. It reads "RTFM", which stands for "Read the f*cking manual", which is meant for non-computer literate people.
Gamer's machine consoles
In the harbor mission, you will find plenty of consoles with "Power and shutdown." There are however, one or two machines that have wording similar to "Coins collected, secrets found, lives spent, ammo used, etc.". It is a gamer's console.
Labdog: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division reference
After the firefight in the gas pipes area near the exit point of the map, there will be a gas pipe on fire. Turn the object off in the next room, then return to the now extinguished pipe area. There is a semi secret walkway there. Walk in, find the ladder, and climb up. You will find a health booster, and there is a door on your left. Go into that office. Listen to the
song. It is the main theme from Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, an anime FPS created by Mololith. Look at the dry marker board. It is the same one from an office level from Shogo: Mobile Armor Division.
Unlimited handgun ammunition
This trick requires the dual handguns, all weapon slots
full and at least one bullet for the dual handguns. Have the dual
hand guns equipped and find a weapon you do not have in your inventory.
This weapon must be on the floor, not leaning or on top of something.
Hold Square to switch out the dual handguns for the new
weapon, then switch back for one handgun then grab the other.
You will notice that you have more handgun ammo. For example,
if you had 1 bullet for both and you used this trick you should
now have 2 bullets. If you repeat the trick, it will increase
to 4 then 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 then the maximum of 200.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs