Puppet show items
Go to www.fable2.com . There is a puppet show. Complete the puppet show to get various items in the game. You collect the items in the Guild Hall, in the chest by the Cullis gate. To get all the items, play the game three times, choosing a different crown at the end of the game each time. The prizes you will receive for each crown are listed below.
- Doll and Tattoo: First Crown.
- Three Piece Chicken Suit: Second Crown.
- Book and Dye: Third Crown.
"Rescuing Charlie" quest
During the quest, wait until Charles asks you to help him open the tomb/coffin. After the Hollowmen start appearing, you can kill Charles, take his hat, and still finish the quest and get the reward. Alternately, you can just kill all the Hollowmen and make it to the exit with Charles and get a different dialog from his gran.
When you return to the Crucible ten years later (after the Tattered Spire), it is best to have some five star skills. Included in these skills should be Slow Time and Chaos. You should also have a five star Fireball attack so that you can wipe out most enemies around you through most of the rounds and get Perfect Rounds. When you get to the eighth and final round against the Rock Troll, wait for the Spores to appear then dodge the rocks and cast five star Slow Time. Run up to the troll, cast five star Chaos, then take out your fastest and most powerful ranged gun. Shoot the Spores until they are all gone before Chaos wears off. Alternately, cast a five star Lightning or Fire attack (non-enemy targeting) and hope that it will destroy all the Spores instantly. Otherwise, repeat the process until the Troll is dead in under one minute fifty seconds.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- The Pooch Pamperer (5 points): Play fetch with your dog, or see another Hero's dog play.
- The Archaeologist (5 points): Dig up something the dog has discovered, or see another Hero do so.
- The Dog Trainer (5 points): Teach your dog a trick, or see another Hero's dog learn one.
- The Persuader (5 points): Convince a villager to give you a present, or see another Hero do so.
- The Show-off (5 points): Impress a villager with a perfect expression, or see another Hero do so.
- The Romantic (10 points): Take a villager on a perfect date, or tag along to one. Location and expressions are all-important.
- The Spouse (10 points): Marry a villager, or attend the wedding of another Hero.
- The Parent (10 points): Have a child, or be there for the birth of another Hero's child.
- The Hunter (5 points): Kill a sweet, innocent, fluffy bunny rabbit (remember, safety's off!)
- The Gargoyle (25 points): Find the gargoyles' legendary treasure.
- The Chicken Kicker (5 points): Kick a chicken a good distance, or see one getting kicked.
- The Cliff Diver (5 points): Cliff dive 500 feet, or see another Hero do so.
- The Workhorse (10 points): A Hero must achieve a high-enough chain while performing a job.
- The Hero of Many Names (5 points): Change your Hero's title, or see another Hero change theirs.
- The Teaser (5 points): Make bandits respond to expressions with fear, anger, mirth, and confusion... during combat!
- The Property Magnate (10 points): A property must be sold for twice the price it was bought for.
- The Rogue (5 points): Steal something undetected from a building while there are people nearby, or see another Hero do so.
- The Illustrated Hero (5 points): Tattoo every part of your Hero's body, or see another Hero do so.
- The Executioner (10 points): Sacrifice ten people in the Temple of Shadows, or see another Hero do so.
- The Gambler (10 points): A Hero must win 500 gold at a pub game in one sitting, having tried each game type at least once.
- The Bigamist (10 points): Get married a second time, whilst already married, or attend the second wedding of another Hero.
- The Swinger (5 points): Take part in a debauched bedroom party with several participants.
- The Pied Piper (10 points): Start a party where at least five villagers are dancing, or see another Hero do so.
- The Party Animal (10 points): Get five villagers drunk in under three minutes, or see another Hero do so.
- The Menace To Society (5 points): Commit an act of public indecency, or see another Hero commit one.
- The Black Knight (10 points): Shoot the weapons from a hollow man's hands, blow off his head and then kill him for good!
- The Duellist (10 points): String together a full-speed chain attack, or see another Hero do so.
- The Sharpshooter (10 points): Hit three enemies with one shot, or see another Hero do so.
- The Archmage (10 points): A Hero must kill five human enemies with one spell.
- The Ruler of Albion (100 points): Amass a 2.5 million gold real estate empire, or be there when another Hero does.
- The Hoarder (25 points): Collect every silver key, or see another Hero do so.
- The Goth (5 points): A Hero must dye their hair black, and wear a black outfit and black makeup.
- The Completionist (50 points): Get all expressions, pet tricks and abilities, or see another Hero do so.
- The Paragon (15 points): Reach 100% good or evil, or see another Hero do so.
- The Extremist (15 points): Reach 100% purity or corruption, or see another Hero do so.
- The Celebrity (50 points): Reach 50,000 renown, or see another Hero do so.
- The Artisan (10 points): Succeed at one job to Level 5, or see another Hero do so.
- The Dollcatcher (10 points): Collect all the Hero dolls, or see another Hero collect them.
- The Muse (5 points): Inspire the Bard to compose songs celebrating your great deeds.
- The Companions (10 points): Perform a perfect co-op expression.
- The Double Threat (10 points): Get a co-op combat bonus.
- The Philanthropist (10 points): Send a gift to an Xbox LIVE friend, or watch another Hero send one.
- The Whippersnapper (25 points): A child Hero must collect five gold pieces.
- The New Hero (50 points): The terror of Bower Lake must be defeated.
- The Hero of Strength (100 points): Complete The Hero of Strength.
- The Hero of Will (100 points): Complete The Hero of Will.
- The Hero of Skill (100 points): Complete The Hero of Skill.
- The Sacrifice (25 points): A Hero must choose 'The Needs of the Many'.
- The Family (25 points): A Hero must choose 'The Needs of The Few'.
- The Egomaniac (25 points): A Hero must choose 'The Needs of the One'.
Easy "Cliff Diver" achievement
When you first arrive in Rookridge and reach the broken bridge, jump when prompted to and immediately hold LT to look at the three bandits. When you think you are just about to hit the water, release LT. If timed correctly, you will unlock the "Cliff Diver" achievement.
Easy end game achievements
At the end of the game when you are back in the Spire to get your revenge against Lucien, make sure that you save and continue the game. Once done, face and kill Lucien. Select one of the three choices Theresea presents you with. After you unlock the achievement, immediately reset and restart the Xbox 360. Choose to continue the game to get the next achievement until all three have been selected and unlocked. You can reset the Xbox 360 a fourth time to select the choice you really wanted to begin with afterwards.
- When playing the game for the first time you may be prompted to update it with an online download. Do not accept this download and continue to play the game. This trick must be done with an unpatched game. When you reach Bowerstone Market, do not walk to the clock tower. Instead, do the Blacksmith job until you have a decent amount of gold (15,000 to 20,000 gold recommended). Quit the job and buy only the cheap houses in Bowestone market or Bowerstone slums. Rent out those houses with 0% added to rent. Once done, save and quit the game. Go back to your Xbox 360 Dashboard when offline. Go to your system settings and set the date to thirty days or one month later. Start the game again. Select the appropriate saved game file and continue. After the game resumes, you should receive a very large sum of gold from rent. Continue to buy and rent out more houses and set the system time one month ahead until you have about 4 million gold. You can now buy all properties in Albion and eventually unlock the "Ruler Of Albion" achievement.
- Buy some real estate in game, such as a food vendor stall or a house. Once the real estate is purchased, adjust the rent/profits price to 100% of their default by clicking on the property paper on the side of the property. Save the game once the price has been raised. If you are connected to Xbox Live, disconnect as that will automatically update the clock and date. Exit out to the Xbox 360 dashboard and access the clock. Adjust the date and time. For best results, adjust the clock as far ahead in time as possible. For example, if the saved game date is June 1, 2005 and 12:15 a.m., adjust the clock to December 31, 2025, and 11:59 p.m. Then, reload the game and select "Continue". Once the game loads, wait a few seconds. You will see a large lump sum suddenly appear over your character's head. This is the money that you have accumulated in your "absence" from playing the game. Save the game. If you have Xbox Live, the easiest way to repeat this is to sign onto the service. Once the clock automatically resets to the correct time, save the game, quit, and repeat the trick. This works because the game gives you gold every five minutes in real time whether or not you are playing the game or have it turned off.
- Note: This trick requires the full download of Fable 2 Pub Games. Play that game until you have an extremely high debt (any amount, but you can only do this trick once so a very high number is recommended). Then, start Fable 2. This trick must be done with an unpatched game; do not accept any online updates. Go to the Bowerstone town square and make enough gold to buy the cow and Corset Inn (for example, by blacksmithing). After you buy the inn, go into Fable 2 Pub Games and merge your Fable 2 character with the character that has the extremely high debt. Save the game, then return to Fable 2. You should gain all the money you owe in debt as gold because you now own the inn that one of the game masters is in.
- When playing the game for the first time you may be prompted to update it with an online download. Do not accept this download and continue to play the game. This trick must be done with an unpatched game. When you reach Oakfield and have at least 5,000 gold, buy the very first house you see once you enter the zone. It should have a Wood chopping job nearby. Once you buy and own this house, sleep in the bed. Notice that you now have a speed bonus. Press Start and go into your "Skills" menu. Go to "Skill" and notice "Speed" has one Star. Press Y, A(2) and notice that you have removed experience from Speed into General experience, but the star remains. Keep doing this until you have enough for Rank 2, then Rank 3, and finally Rank 4. Finally, proceed to do this until you have enough General experience to buy out all the skills, strength, and will skills. You will now be maxed out on everything.
- Go to the Temple of Light. Perform the "Unlimited Gold" glitch that requires the system date and time being set ahead. Get a few million gold. Then, donate all your gold. Afterwards you will notice some green General Experience around the donation pedestal. Use RT to gather it up. You should get a few thousand experience points, depending on if you donated a few thousand gold or a few million.
- After your character has leveled up a few times, insert a second controller and begin a Co-op mode game without using a second profile. Go to your henchman's abilities on controller two. Remove all of the abilities to return the experience to the pool. Quit the Co-op mode game. The extra experience from the pool will be transferred to your character. Repeat this as many times as desired.
- Buy any type of experience potion. Use the potion then immediately pause game play. Go back to the same potion and use it again. You can get two or more uses out of one potion, making it very simple to level up talents if you have the best experience potions.
Use single item multiple times
When you take a food item or experience potion, press Start and select the item you wish. Take it and consume it. The very instant you take it, quickly press Start. If done correctly you will hear the sounds of the item, see the experience points appear above your head, then the pause screen all in half a second. While at the pause screen, go to the item. Notice you still have the same amount. Take it again and repeat the process as many times as desired. If you have done it correctly, four potions can be used four times each. On the screen, the orbs will slowly mushroom out around you in all sorts of colors for all the different potions you used. If you make a mistake the only consequence is consuming the item.
Unlimited Rising Sun Cleaver legendary weapon
After you complete the "Donate to the Temple of Light" quest and receive the Rising Sun Legendary Cleaver, leave the temple and go back towards Oakfield. When you get to the split in the path where you can go over the small bridge to the right to travel to Oakfield, stay left and follow the path up the small hill towards the ruins at the top of the hill. When you get to the ruins, to the left is the entrance to the Wellspring Cave. Enter the cave then turn around and leave. When you get done loading the outside, you will receive another Rising Sun. Do this as many times as desired for money or to be used as gifts.
Have either level 4 or 5 Time Stop. Note: Lower levels might work, but not give the same result. Also have the ability to do head shots. Use Time Stop then headshot a villager. Their head will be float in mid-air for a short time. Quickly go over and run into it. The head fly off in a single direction without falling until Time Stop ends. When Time Stop ends, the head will fall back to the ground.
In Bowerstone Old Town, to left of the stall "Old Town Gift Stall" is a door. You can knock on it but not open it without violence. When you do, you will see nothing but a wall behind it.
Travel to Gile's farm. Go across the developed piece of land, then down to the stream. Stand on the jetty and dive or jump into the water. Swim to the right, past the first green-looking cove and then into a second one. Swim towards the wall in the middle and you will sink. When you are down there, you will be able to look across the bottom of the stream you are in. If you look up, you can see your dog swimming above you. Ripples will also form around your waist. To ascend, simply step forwards.
Permanent Shadow Creature villagers
Note: This may require a few attempts. Take some villagers to the Temple Of Shadows to sacrifice them. After you have pulled the lever, quickly turn off Safety mode. If you are lucky, you will get Shadow Creature as a sacrifice. Quickly kill the villagers before they disappear. They will remain there as Shadow Creatures and not disappear. Their body will continue to smoke as a Shadow Creature.
Dead floating Banshee
When battling a Banshee at Wraithmarsh or when facing Chesty, kill it. Pause game play just when it is dying. Save and quit. At the title screen, continue the game. The banshee will still be there, but dead and floating.
When returning from the Tattered Spire, if you go to see your husband or wife before going to Hammer your spouse will no longer appear in your marital home, but still take his or her daily allowance. To fix this, invest all or as much of your gold as possible into real estate (so you can get it back), leaving you with as little as possible. Keep sleeping (works best at seven days) until you are broke, and your spouse is unhappy is going to leave you. Return to your marital home and your spouse should have reappeared.
Note: The following glitch has been fixed with an online patch. However, it is still possible to encounter this problem during game play with an unpatched game. Go to Oakfield to speak to the Abbot. He will tell you he wants someone who is more famous. Do not leave the Temple or skip the conversation until the Abbot finishes talking. If you do, the Abbot will not give you the information to start the quest "A Bridge Too Far", and the person you need to meet to start the quest will not appear. The Abbot will no longer give you any information. If this happens in an unpatched game, you must restart your game. There is no more story progression from this point on if you encountered this glitch.
Fix character frozen in place
To fix this glitch, have another player join in Co-op mode. Have the other player turn safety off and start attacking either villagers or guards next to player one's frozen character. The guard will then hit player one, which unfreezes the character and allows player one to move freely again.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs