Fable 3 (Xbox 360)
Collect all 30 Auroran flowers to be able to dye your tattoos red, orange, yellow, blue, green, or purple at any time at the temple in Aurora.
Get detailed help in our Fable 3 (Xbox 360) forum.
- During the second part of the game (ruling as the king), if you want to earn more money without making evil rulings, buy out land from Albion during or before the last mission on the to-do list of every day. This will grant you money over time, and help you lower the Civilian Casualties before the final battle of the game. Note: Although long, this process is effective and does not progress the time remaining until the final battle.
ghori rteabi aeystng
- After you become King or Queen, buy yourself a house or sleep at the castle until midnight. Preferably, purchase a house next to the Tattoo store at Bowerstone Market. Sleeping until midnight about 12 a.m. is the best. Run over to the store that sells potions and do a break in. The guards will warn you not to be in the store and that they will make an arrest. Ignore them. Because of your status you can get away with the crime. Steal all of the items in the stores. You will not want to pay for any of the items, because you need to save for the final battle (especially if you are good). Raise the rent on the houses and the stall vendors to be set to "High". For stores that are in the buildings such as the Blacksmith, set their prices to "Highest". After the potion store, run to the clothes shop, then to the Blacksmith, and over to the barber shop. Steal all their items and sell them to the pawnshop, for easy money. Do this before morning. Repeat this as many times as desired. There are no limitations.
- Note: This works best with a wired controller. At any point in the game, provided you have purchased property, go onto the Road to Rule and just remain there. Every five minutes, you will earn your rent/shop profits and there will be no risk of attack. This works best when you own shops, as properties will deteriorate over time unit you earn nothing, but shop profits do not diminish.
- After obtaining the ability to purchase real estate, buy as many properties as possible. Go to the Sanctuary and save the game. Go to the system menu and change the year to the highest possible date (i.e., 2025). Resume the game and you will have acquired years of income on your properties. This process may be repeated as many times as desired. Continue readjusting the time settings and saving the game after every readjustment.
East Hare Egg
Go to Millfields. Go below the graveyard and find the graves that are marked "Walter Coen, Stabbed in broad daylight", "Jeffrey Coen, Burned at sunrise", and "Theodore Coen, Shot in the dead of night". Notice that there are statues that hold spyglasses around Millfields. Exit the grave area and find the statue standing ahead of you that reads "Theodore Coen". Keep shooting that statue at midnight. It will glow momentarily, and you should hear someone dying. Go to the gazebo in the middle of the lake. Look down the bridge that leads to it to find the Jeffrey Coen statue. Equip the fire spell and casting it on the statue in the morning. It will glow momentarily and you should hear someone dying. Next, go to the Demon Door to find the statue of Walter Coen. Keep hitting it with your sword at noon. It will glow momentarily and you should hear someone dying. You will be prompted do perform an action. Do so, and the "East Hare Egg" will appear in the gazebo.
Inside the bedroom in Bowerstone Castle, immediately to the right when you step in is a cupboard that you can search. You can get various items similar to those obtained from level 4 and 5 dig spots (for example, rare gems, old kingdom tattoos, etc.). This is also the only way to obtain the Cook's Hat without befriending the castle chef.
Opening Silver Chests early
Note: This requires a friend who has any or all Silver Keys. Have your friend join our world and open the Silver Chests for you. You can use this trick when you start a new file. Walk to the 50 Silver Key Chest in the Bowerstone Castle backyard (farthest garden on the right side). Open it to get a legendary weapon with 2,000,000 in gold before you enter the tomb. This trick only works if your friend has the correct amount of Silver Keys for the chest you are trying to open.
Early Road to Ruin chests
Join a friend's game who has completed the game. Travel to the Road to Ruin. Once there you can open any chest on that path, if you have the correct amount of Guild seals. For example, at the beginning of the game if you have 60 Guild seals and you want the Blade spell, join a friend's game and do this trick. The game even tells you which one of the two has yet to open the chest.
Inspect the various gravestones in the graveyards to find the following references.
- Demon door: A gravestone reads "Andy Gay Crushed by a demon door, last words "I swear those things pop up overnight".
- Fable: A gravestone reads "Here lies the brother of the notorious Jack, "Fred of Blades".
- Florence Nightingale: A gravestone reads "Florence Killed by rabid nightingales".
- Legend Of Zelda: Move through a graveyard in Mourningwood and your dog will lead you to a dig location over a grave. Dig there to get a toy sword. Check the gravestone, and it will read "It's dangerous to go alone take this". This is the same phrase the old man in the original Zelda games said when giving you the first sword.
- Rabbit and street fight: One grave mentions falling down a rabbit hole another mentions losing a street fight to a rabbit, and a last one mentions a street fight the person in the grave could not win.
- Scooby Doo: A gravestone reads, "Mark Church" "And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that meddling hero".
- The Terminator: A of the gravestones reads "Here lies Arnold, he will not be back".
Captain Morgan reference
At the end of the game after Walter dies, after the short cinematic notice that the plinth in his honor has the pose from the Captain Morgan bottle or commercials.
- During development of the original Fable, rumors mentioning cut content involving something called the Sandgoose. In Fable 2 this was parodied by labeling a Tavern in Oakvale "The Sandgoose". In Fable 3, when dragging an escaped convict back to the guard he says "I'll make you a deal. You let me go and I'll tell you how to find the legendary Sandgoose."
- You can obtain a legendary sword called "Avo's Lamentation", which is the sister sword to "Avo's Tear". "Avo's Tear" was the sword you received for completing Fable: The Lost Chapters as an all good character.
Fable 2 references
- In Fable 2, kids ran around pretending to be adventurers. This has now been taken a step further, including lines such as:
- "We need a DPS."
- "Yay! I finally became a hero now. I can go on adventures like killing insects."
- "The bandits destroyed my village just like my sister predicted." Note: This is a reference to Theresa in the original Fable.
- Go under the main bridge in Bowerstone Market to find a Dive Spot. Note: This where you can find the Gargoyle's Trove in Fable 2. Dive there to find a Royal Left Leg Tattoo. You will also hear the Gargoyle laughter from Fable 2.
- During the quest for "The Invocation Of The Watcher" book, you will end up in a basement in Bowerstone where you will find many Fable and Fable 2 items, including the following. Three Theodore Teddybears from the Arena in the Fable 2 "See The Future" DLC. Lady Jane Grey's brain in a jar. A collection of not mint hero dolls from Fable. Barnum's thesaurus. One of the gargoyles that survived the great gargoyle massacre. Note: He does not speak because the shock has rendered him dumb. The Artifacts of the ill-fated Temple Of Benevolent Yokels. The Dingly egg from the "See the Future" DLC. An empty pedestal marked as a statue from the Terry Cotter Army.
Lionhead Studios reference
Swim out into the ocean in the Driftwood area until you cannot go further. Tilt your camera down to look into the water to find the Lionhead Studios on the ocean floor.
Play the Hideout mission in Bowerstone. While going to capture Nigel Ferret you will find a room with a silver key. At the far end of the room is a path around boxes to the other jail cell. Inside the cell is a Hobbe worshiping the Companion Cube from Portal. Also notice that there is a cake on the table next to the cell.
Easy "Wizard's Revenge" achievement
Only use spells when fighting the shadows.
Any time a Hero is given a choice, the hero may choose Good and Evil (and Neutral at times). Pressing A represents good choices, X represents Evil choices, and Y represents Neutral (when available) choices. Note: This will make the game easier or more difficult during the King of Albion portion, depending on your choices.
To quickly save your game without going to the Sanctuary and walking over to the cogs on the wall, etc., use the following trick. Press Xbox Guide(2) to display "Game Options" menu. This is also a useful way to change the in-game settings or simply pausing the game without John Cleese talking at you all the time.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- The Guild Seal (10 points): Unleash your heroic potential.
- And So It Begins (20 points): Win the support of the Dwellers.
- Swift Justice (20 points): Win the support of the Swift Brigade.
- The Resistance (50 points): Win the support of Bowerstone.
- Distant Friends (20 points): Win the support of Aurora.
- The Ruler of Albion (80 points): Become the ruler of Albion.
- For Albion! (80 points): This is where you *spoiler* the great, big *spoiler* and then it all *spoiler*.
- Save The Princess! (10 points): Rescue the princess from the evil Baron.
- Ghost Brothers (10 points): Make sure Max and Sam get home in time for tea.
- Tragical-Comical-Historical (10 points): Help the celebrated thespians Lambert and Pinch put on the world's greatest play.
- The Dark Sanctum (10 points): Reinstate an ancient, evil temple.
- Island Paradise (10 points): Establish the island of Driftwood.
- Knight Jumps Chesty (10 points): Defeat Chesty at his own game.
- Coronation Chicken (10 points): Perform a royal judgement while dressed as a chicken.
- Spellweaver (5 points): Combine two gauntlets to cast a "woven" spell.
- Archmage (20 points): Cast all 15 possible spell combinations.
- Total Warrior (10 points): Kill enemies with melee, ranged and spell attacks.
- Pull! (10 points): Send an enemy flying into the air and kill him while he's airborne.
- Gunning For Glory (20 points): Kill 500 enemies using firearms.
- If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It (20 points): Kill 500 enemies using melee weapons.
- Wizard's Revenge (20 points): Kill 500 enemies using magic.
- Super Hero (50 points): Fully upgrade your Melee, Ranged, and Magic abilities on the Road to Rule.
- You Can't Bring Me Down (50 points): Complete Fable III without being knocked out in combat.
- My Weapon's Better Than Yours (25 points): Complete 3 unique upgrades on one of the legendary weapons found around Albion.
- I Am The Keymaster (30 points): Collect all 50 Silver Keys and 4 Gold Keys.
- Flower Power (30 points): Collect all 30 Auroran flowers.
- Gnome Invasion (30 points): Destroy all 50 gnomes.
- Brightwall Book Club (30 points): Collect all 30 rare books for the Brightwall Academy.
- Digger (15 points): Dig up 50 items.
- We Need Guns, Lots Of Guns (20 points): Collect all 50 legendary weapons. They won’t all appear in your world, so trade with other Heroes!
- Fashion Victim (20 points): Collect every item of clothing.
- He's a Woman. She's a Man (5 points): Wear a full set of clothing intended for the opposite sex.
- Dye Hippie, Dye (5 points): Dye each part of an outfit you're wearing a different colour and have long hair.
- Hand in Hand (5 points): Hold hands with someone.
- Long Distance Relationship (10 points): Get married to another Xbox LIVE player.
- Cross-Dimensional Conception (10 points): Have a child with another Xbox LIVE player.
- Online Merger (10 points): Enter into a business partnership with another Xbox LIVE player.
- Barrel of Laughs (10 points): Kill 30 enemies with explosive barrels.
- We Can Be Heroes (10 points): Earn 1,000 gold in henchman wages in another Hero's world.
- Kaboom! (10 points): Score 2000 on the Mourningwood Fort mortar game.
- Lute Hero Tour (10 points): Play in each town as a 5 star lute player.
- Touched By A Hero (10 points): Use touch expressions to interact with 20 different people.
- Popularity Contest (15 points): Make 20 Friends.
- Remodelling (10 points): Remodel 5 different houses by changing the furniture.
- Magnate Personality (50 points): Build a property empire worth 2,000,000 gold.
- Crime Spree (10 points): Get a 15,000 gold bounty placed on your head.
- Henry VIII (10 points): As ruler of Albion, get married 6 times and kill 2 of your spouses.
- Chest Grandmaster (40 points): Unlock all of the chests on the Road To Rule.
- Tough Love (10 points): Save the maximum amount of Albion citizens.
- Adopt Or Die (5 points): Adopt a child.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award.
- Crown: Become the ruler of Albion.
- Royal Boots: Win the support of the Dwellers.
- Royal Shirt: Win the support of the Bowerstone.
- Royal Trousers: Win the support of the Swift Brigade.
This trick requires two controllers. Login using a second controller and join your character's game. Then, gift the amount of money you would like to receive to the second character. Go to the second character's Sanctuary and immediately save the game. After that, approach the gift of money and reject it. Then, use either controller's D-pad to kick the second character. Rejoin the second character and go back to the Sanctuary. The same gift of gold will be present. Reject and rejoin as many times as desired. This can be done with multiple gifts because the maximum is 100,000.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs