Fallout: New Vegas (PC)
Complete the listed task to unlock the corresponding Steam achievement. To view your achievements and statistics in the Steam client, select "Community", then search for the "Fallout: New Vegas (PC)" game hub. Select the "View Stats" drop down option, then choose the option for your username's achievements.
- Ain't That a Kick in the Head: Complete Ain't That a Kick in the Head.
- All or Nothing: Complete All or Nothing.
- Arizona Killer: Complete arizona killer.
- Artful Pocketer: Pick 50 pockets.
- Blast Mastery: Cause 10,000 damage with energy weapons.
- Caravan Master: Win 30 games of Caravan.
- Come Fly With Me: Complete come fly with me.
- Crafty: Craft 20 items.
- Desert Survivalist: Heal 10,000 points of damage with food.
- Double Down: Play 10 hands of Blackjack.
- Eureka!: Complete eureka!
- For the Republic: Complete For the Republic.
- G.I. Blues: Complete g.i. blues.
- Globe Trotter: Discover all snow globes.
- Hack the Mojave: Hack 25 terminals.
- Hardcore: Play the game from start to finish in Hardcore Mode.
- Jury Rigger: Repair 30 items.
- Know When to Fold Them: Win 3 games of Caravan.
- Lead Dealer: Cause 10,000 damage with Guns.
- Little Wheel: Play 10 spins of Roulette.
- Love the Bomb: Cause 10,000 damage with Explosives.
- Master of the Mojave: Discover 125 locations.
- Mod Master: Install 20 weapon mods.
- New Kid: Reached 10th level.
- New Vegas Samurai: Cause 10,000 damage with melee weapons.
- No Gods, No Masters: Complete no gods, no masters
- No Tumbler Fumbler: Pick 25 locks.
- Ol' Buddy Ol' Pal: Recruit any companion.
- Old-Tyme Brawler: Cause 10,000 damage with Unarmed weapons.
- One Armed Bandit: Play 10 spins of Slots.
- Outstanding Orator: Make 50 Speech challenges.
- Render Unto Caesar: Complete render unto caesar.
- Return to Sender: Complete Return to Sender.
- Ring-a-Ding-Ding: Complete ring-a-ding-ding.
- Stim-ply Amazing: Heal 10,000 points of damage with Stimpaks.
- Talent Pool: Complete talent pool.
- That Lucky Old Sun: Complete that lucky old sun.
- The Boss: Reach 30th level.
- The Courier Who Broke the Bank: Get banned from all the Strip's casinos.
- The House Always Wins: Complete the house always wins.
- The Legend of the Star: Complete The Legend of the Star.
- The Whole Gang's Here: Recruit all companions.
- They Went That-a-Way: Complete they went that-a-way.
- Up and Comer: Reach 20th level.
- Veni, Vidi, Vici: Complete veni, vidi, vici.
- Volare!: Complete volare!
- Walker of the Mojave: Discover 50 locations.
- Wild Card: Complete wild card.
- You Run Barter Town: Sell 10,000 caps worth of goods.
- You'll Know It When It Happens: Complete you'll know it when it happens.
Alien Blaster location
Created by krypton321.
CZ57 Avenger location
Go to Devils Throat in the northeast of the map. In the middle of the crater is a truck. Inside is a dead prospector, and next to him is the CZ57 Avenger minigun with a pack of ammo. Also, next to the prospector are two or three empty jet inhalers. On his body is a Party Hat, Authority Glasses, Reinforced Combat Armor and some other items. Note: The Party Hat and Authority Glasses are unique apparel items.
Chinese Stealth Armor location
In Hoover Dam, go into the offices. In the offices, there is a room somewhere with radiation signs around it. In the room are barrels of goo. To the left is a stack of crates. One of the crates contains the armor. There are two sets, so you can make repairs.
Euclid's C-Finder location
You can locate the field "gun" for the ARCHIMEDES weapon by entering the Freeside's East Gate and locating the two children chasing each other (not chasing the mutated rat) during daylight. Talk to the one possessing what appears to be a toy gun. You can purchase the gun for 1,000 caps or 20 caps with Barter at level 45 or greater. To use the weapon you must supply the power to ARCHIMEDES II during the "That Lucky Old Sun" mission.
Golden Boxing Gloves
Go to the Lucky 38 Casino. The Golden Boxing Gloves can be found at the VIP Bar above the cashier room, which is on the left side of the casino when you enter.
Love & Hate (Knuckles) location
In Bonnie Springs, north of Goodsprings (and somewhat east), there will be a Viper Gang Leader wielding Love & Hate Knuckles. They are quick and powerful. Note: Some of these Vipers have plasma grenades and grenade rifles (and sometimes the Trail Carbine).
Mercy grenade machinegun location
Go to Dead Wind Cavern, in the middle-south of the map. Inside are a lot of Deathclaws, including the Legendary Deathclaw. Go directly to the last section of the cave to where the Legendary Deathclaw is found. There should be a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin lying dead. Next to his body a grenade machine gun (40mm grenade) named "Mercy". The paladin has 40mm grenades and incendiary grenades. Note: Before you try to collect it, recruit two companions and get big guns for yourself and your partner, in addition to a lot of stimpaks.
Mysterious Revolver location
Go to the tops and start the quest "Talent Pool". Find the guitarist in the middle of nowhere. Ask him to join, and as a form of payment in the dialogue options he will give you a 44. revolver called "Mysterious Revolver", which makes the short songs you hear with the mysterious stranger when drawn and holstered. Note: This may require Barter skill 45+.
Go to the REPCONN rocket factory where the mission "Come Fly With Me" takes place. Go to the basement where Chris goes when they are about to launch the rocket and asks for spare parts. In this room to the left side as you enter is a shelf with an orange suit and a helmet that resembles a fish bowl. Pick them up. When you wear them they look like something out of a 1960's comic book. It gives a good amount of RAD resistance, but has a low DT and breaks easily.
Tesla Cannon Prototype location
Go to the crashed vertibird located at the south of the map, in about the middle. This will require two companions and a lot of firepower, or a couple of stealth boys and a high sneak skill. The crash is surrounded by hardened Sentrybots and hardened Mister Gutsies who are hostile towards you. Inside the wreck are some of skeletons and a Tesla Cannon with orange electricity inside (the core is orange). It has an after-effect of damage for awhile after being fired. Test it on the robots or the ghouls from the nearby nuclear crater.
Thump-Thump is found in the location where all the ants are found, underneath the solar panels when you help the Boomers. It is a grenade launcher.
Easy experience points
- Gamble in a casino and play roulette. No matter if you win or lose, you will gain 100 experience points.
- You must have good Speech skill for this trick. At Camp McCarran, talk to Angela Williams, in the science lab. Choose the "I have some questions for you." followed by the, "What's your role here?" option. After she answers, choose the "What do you think of Dr. Hildren?" option. After she answers, choose "[Speech 25] He seemed focused on results. Maybe not so much on people." You will get 28 experience points each time you do this, and it can be repeated.
Go to the Gun Runners store on the east side of New Vegas. It has a locked fence and several guards blocking the entrance to the "factory". Pick the lock, and the Gun Runners will begin shooting at you. Kill them and loot their bodies for Combat Armor, Hunting Rifles and Combat Helmets. Each Gun Runner has between 1,500 to 2,000 Caps worth of items on their body. Enter the building to find more Gun Runners to kill. After doing this, go to the Vend-Tron robot at the Gun Runner shop, and sell it your loot. The robot will have 8,000 Caps to purchase the items. Travel far away, wait for three days, then return to the store. The Gun Runners will have respawned and you can repeat the process.
Winning at Caravan
A Caravan deck has a minimum of 30 cards that can be purchased from merchants or looted from dead bodies. They goal is to choose those cards that will get you between 22 and 26 consistently, while also giving you defensive cards to use against your opponent. Get the following cards: 10s, 9s, 8s, 7s, 6s, Kings, Jacks, Aces, and two Jokers. The Jacks, Aces and Jokers are defensive plays. Use Jacks to remove cards from your opponent. An Ace and Joker played will remove all cards of your Ace's suit. For example, an Ace of Spades and a Joker will remove all spades from the table. Kings will double whatever they are placed on. For example, 6 + King + King = 24. Start by laying down your highest or lowest cards first to start the "base" of your caravan. Note: Do not use 10 + 9 + 8 because it results in 27; or 6 + 7 + 8 because it results in 21 (unless you put your Ace down after the 8 to make it 22). Every play between those are a winner. You can get nearly unlimited items and Caps by playing Caravan. Find vendors with lots of Caps and items. Buy all the items you can afford from them, then challenge them to a few games of Caravan to win back all your money.
Snow globe locations
Created by krypton321.
Missing explosive skill book
Every Skill has a designated skill book. One seems to be missing. There seems to be only three explosive skill books where there are supposed to be four. This last skill book can be found on the desk in the office of the "Ranger Station Foxtrot". The other three can be found in "Nellis Air Force Base", "Sloan", and "Mojave Outpost".
Xbox 360 When you have more than one type of ammunition for a gun (for example, 9mm or 9mm hollow point), press Up and your character will switch ammo types for that weapon.
When you want to steal something and it is in the owner's direct line of sight, use the Grab function and drag it around a corner. Use sneak to make sure that you are now hidden from their view. You can now steal the object without fear of retaliation. You will still lose karma but they will not try to kill you.
The cases you get are where the ammo gets filled into on the reloading table. The hulls are the outside of the guns themselves. The lead is the metal that makes the bullet itself. The powder is for the ammo (goes inside of the cases). The primer is the object that is pushed into the bullet in the bottom to close it up on the reloading table.
Killing people without bad karma
Get a large object that you can push or pick up. Drop it next to a standing NPC that is not leaning against a wall, doing push-ups, or sitting. Run against the object and it will damage the NPC without becoming them becoming hostile or you losing reputation. Repeat this until the target is dead. Note: You may take some damage, and the object may fly away.
Easy Cottonwood Cove clearing
Go to the Cottonwood Overlook. Get closer to Cottonwood Cove and you will see a truck leaning over the edge filled with irradiated barrels. If you have Lockpick 50, you can open the door and flood the town with radiation, killing all the soldiers and the slaves (including Aurelius of Phoenix, the centurion). Note: You do not lose Karma, gain any reputation, the NPCs do not become hostile and Cursor (the person who takes you to the fort) puts on an advanced radiation suit, and thus survives and is the only one in the outposts remaining.
Easy "Artful Pocketer" achievement or trophy
This trick can be done before or after you have cleared the quests in Nipton. Inside the Nipton General Store is an NPC named "Boxcar". Because the Legion has broken his legs, he cannot chase after you have picked his pocket, nor will he fight back. You can repeatedly enter and exit out of the general store if caught and place items in Boxcar's inventory, then steal them back until you have earned the achievement or trophy. If you do not want infamy with the Powder Gangers, create a new saved game before doing this trick.
Easy "Caravan Master" achievement or trophy
While traveling the desert, purchase every 6, 10, Jack, and King you can. Kings double the card they are placed on. For example, if you start with a 10 and place a King on it, it becomes a 20. Then, place a 6 on top and that pile is done. Repeat the process for the other two piles. Jacks forces a player to discard whatever card it is placed on. You can use Jacks to delay your opponent or remove Kings that CPU may have put on your piles to set your count over 26. Other combinations to reach 26 within three cards also works well. For example, an 8, 9, and King. If your opponent seems to have a lot of face cards, skip them and find an easier challenge. Many traders will play Caravan if asked.
Easy "The Courier Who Broke the Bank" achievement or trophy
The three casinos, Gomorrah, The Tops and Ultra-Luxe, will ban you from gambling at their tables after you reach a certain amount of winnings. The limit is 9,000 for Gomorrah, 10,000 for the Tops and 15,000 for Ultra-Luxe. Play as a character with very high Luck and play blackjack, which is affected greatly by that stat. You can usually double down safely on a 19 because the game is lenient. You can also play slots or roulette, which can give you much bigger wins at a less reliable rate.
Easy "Curios and Relics" achievement or trophy
All weapons that have a "name" and not just a description are considered unique. A few that fit this category are as follows (in addition to many Prototypes or similar weapons).
- Maria: Benny's 9mm gun.
- Ghenna: A special flame sword that can be purchased at the Gunrunners arsenal.
- Arianna: A rocket launcher carried by one of Tabitha's Supermutants.
- Lucky: A .357 magnum revolver found in the safe in Primm.
- One method is to reach at least level 20 and do the "Radio Black Mountain" quest. The Arianna can deal several hundred points of damage per shot.
- If your character is skilled with close combat and you have between 10,000 and 20,000 spare bottlecaps (depending on your Barter skill), you can purchase Ghenna earlier in the game.
- If you skilled with Laser and Plasma weapons, consider the "Q-35 Matter Modulator" found in Vault 22 to complete the task. The "AER14 prototype" laser gun found while completing the Brotherhood of Steel main quest when searching for the missing brothers can also be used.
Most of the other unique weapons are not powerful enough to accumulate 10.000 damage.
Easy "Hardcore" achievement or trophy
Do this while working for Ceasar's Legion, because they specialize in Unarmed and Melee and you will not need to carry a lot of ammunition. This is because ammunition has weight in Hardcore mode. Trying to earn "Hardcore" synergizes with earning Desert Survivalist as well. This is because you need to actually drink water to avoid dehydration, and the water also counts as food. Make sure you always have some water as well as food or Stimpaks.
Easy "Love the Bomb" achievement or trophy
Although using a Fatman or another atomic weapon is ideal for earning this achievement or trophy, there is a less costly method. Reach at least level 20 and do the "Radio Black Mountain" quest. You will be able to use Arianna (special rocket-launcher) which does several hundred points of damage per shot.
Easy "Master of the Mojave" achievement or trophy
You will find almost all the locations while following the storyline. For the others, enter areas of the map you have barely explored and go to the white outlined triangles on your compass. Note: There is a huge cluster of locations in Vegas. The level 20 perk, Explorer is also a helpful option.
Easy "Ol' Buddy Ol' Pal" achievement or trophy
The first recruit-able companion, if you follow the storyline, will be Boone. You will eventually reach Novac, where you can find Boone in the dino's mouth in the late evening hours. Finish the quest for him and he will follow you.
Easy "Old-Tyme Brawler" achievement or trophy
Build up a lot of STR from the start and join Ceasar's Legion, because they specialize in Unarmed and Melee. You will not have much trouble finding weapons.
Easy "Outstanding Orator" achievement or trophy
When your Speech is at 40, go to Camp Golf, by Lake Las Vegas. Accept the quest from the sergeant. Agree to O'Hanran's method and convince everyone, with Mags being the last. After convincing Mags to play nice, accept her method and go to the gun range. Help them with their guns (45 skill required), and wait for them to start walking back to their tent. Talk to Razz and ask about squadmates. The speech challenge should still be there. You can easily unlock the "Outstanding Orator" achievement or trophy, as well as experience points in increments of 40. When you are done, talk to the sergeant to complete the quest or talk to O'Hanran and ask about the squad. Note: You have the option of helping them with explosives after the guns.
Easy "Pros Only" achievement or trophy
There are five three-star challenges. Consider doing the following three to earn "Pros Only".
- Armed for Bear: Level up Melee or Unarmed a lot, and take a perk which knocks enemies down. There are a lot of NCR troops around. If their title does not include "Private" or "Sergeant", they will count. The six Ranger stations have eleven of them. There are five in McCarran, four at the Dam, and three at the Outpost. It is easiest to go around the Ranger stations at a low level and kill them. Most settlements have at least one named NCR soldier. If you are Legion-aligned and male, you can kill a Ranger one-on-one in the arena. Any weapon , for example the machete, will work well.
- Man-Machine Interface: Use any weapon skill you have leveled up, hunt robots. There are Mr. Gutsys scattered around the Mojave, including locations such as Nellis Air Force Base, New Vegas Steel (the Mr. Steel variants will qualify), and the house in Nipton with the prototype Gutsy. REPCONN Headquarters is also a very good place to farm kills. Setting off the alarm on each floor will spawn four Sentry Bots per floor. However, Sentry Bots are very durable and your weapon may break when used against them. Most of the Gutsy locations will respawn after three days.
- Against All Tyrants: Almost all named Legion troops are at the Fort. It can be difficult to assault if you are low to mid level. A high Guns stat is required use the Service or Hunting Rifle effectively.Consider taking out Cottonwood Cove (four of them are there), then dealing with assorted Legion troops around the Wasteland. Named troops can be found in Nelson, Techatticup Mine, Red Rock Canyon and Camp McCarran. Note: Silus counts, but you must have a high NCR reputation to get in there with him, then bring him out to use one of the eligible weapons. Note that NPCs will not leave the Fort, even if angered.
Easy "The Whole Gang's Here" achievement or trophy
There are eight possible companions, most of which require you to finish a quest to recruit them.
- Arcade: Found in Old Mormon Fort. You can use a speech challenge, a quest, or low intelligence to recruit Arcade. However, do not favor Ceasar's Legion.
- Boone: Found in Novac. Finish the quest for him. Note: He will not join you if you favor Ceasar's Legion.
- Cassidy: Found in Mojave outpost. Work for Crimson Caravan and eventually she will follow you. Take note about having low karma.
- ED-E: Found in Primm, in the Mojave Express building where Johnson Nash lives. He will follow you after fixing him.
- Lily: Found in Jacobstown. Speak to her. Note: You may first need to finish the quest for Doctor Henry, also located in Jacobstown.
- Raul: Found in Black Mountain, in prison building. Speak to him and he will join you.
- Rex: Found in Freeside. He is King's dog. Work for King and he will eventually give you quest after which you will be able to keep Rex.
- Veronica: Found at 188 Trading Post. She will join you after you speak with her for awhile. Note: do not insult the Brotherhood of Steel in front of her.
On the quest to find "escorts" for the atomic wrangler, you must find a robot and reprogram it. The robot is called "FISTO". After exiting the building, if you have the Wild Wasteland trait you will encounter three women in pink dresses calling themselves the Pink Ladies.
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull reference
Created by krypton321.
Go south on the road out of Goodsprings. After about 100 yards you will find a refrigerator at the base of a hill. There is a skeleton wearing a fedora inside.
r, irsrrial ormihr
Monty Python's Life Of Brian reference
Take the Weird And Wacky trait at the start of the game, then go to Cottonwood Cove. Go to behind the office of Aurelius of Phoenix. Notice that "Romanes eunt Domus" is written in red see on the walls. This is a reference to Monty Python's Life Of Brian, when he is asked to write "Romans go home" on the palace walls in Latin and gets it wrong.
Star Wars reference
Go to the town of Nipton. Walk to the right of the town hall's front entrance to find a burned out building, with a pair of burned corpses in front. The view resembles the scene from Star Wars where Luke Skywalker finds the bodies of his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen.
- In Guardian Peak you will meet an NCR soldier who is wounded. Through some Speech checks, you can get him to give you his gun for escorting him out of the cave that he is in. When you get to the entrance of the cave with him in tow, he will speak and you can continually ask for his rifle, which he will give you along with ammunition. Note: This is best done after earning the perk that allows for over encumbered fast travel.
- Note: This requires the unpatched version of the game. Begin going through the storyline, once you get to Prim and complete the quest there, leave for awhile and return. You will be able to gamble. In order to gamble you must purchase chips. Go to the cashier at the Vikki & Vance Casino. Purchase as many chips as possible with any of the three types of money (Caps, NCR, and Legionaries). Once you have the chips, save the game normally (not by auto-save). Note: Each chip is worth one cap, so you can trade all the chips back for a full refund if needed. Once your game is saved, talk to the cashier again and select the fourth option (something similar to "Cash in my chips"). She will ask what form of payment you want. Pick any option desired, then quickly exit the conversation. This should have given you as much of the form of money you requested that equals to chips. Caps are 1 chip to 1 cap. NCR are 8 chips to $20 and 40 chips to $100, and Legionaries are 4 chips to one Denarius, 20 chips for a Dalhali, and 100 chips for a Aureus. Once you have exited the conversation, check your inventory. You should have the money and the chips still in your possession. Talk to the cashier and repeat the trick. If you want to get higher amounts at a time, do the trick with caps a few times, then buy 1,000 chips for 1,000 caps about five or six times.
- After completing the Sexbot quest, go to the atomic wrangler and talk to Fisto. Choose the "Maybe later" response to get 10 caps. You can continue to do this as many times as desired. With enough time and patience you can accumulate a large amount of caps.
Xbox 360 Created by spilteam4.
- Go to any salesman and press Select. Wait one hour to force an auto save. Go the "Memory" option in the system menu, then select "Hard Drive" and find the auto save file. Copy it to a memory card. Go to your memory card and copy it back to the hard drive. Load the game and start. You should be at the salesman. Do not buy or sell anything yet. Wait one hour to force another auto save. Quit and start the game again. Sell or buy anything. Wait one hour, quit, and start over. The salesman's inventory and money will have reset. Repeat the process as many times as desired.
- Note: This requires at least a 35 Medicine skill. Once your character gains access to the main strip, find Victor outside the Lucky 38 casino. He will tell you that Mr. House wants to meet you. Follow him inside and go up the elevator. Speak with Mr. House (the giant television face that looks like Howard Hughes). Find the dialogue choice pertaining to needing to ask him a few questions. Then, ask "Who exactly are you, Mr. House?", then select "You appear to be a computer, not a man". After that, select the Medicine skill check response, "The lifespan you're claiming is impossible, except for ghouls and super mutants." After that, you will be awarded 35 experience points (or 39 experience points if you have the Swift Learner perk). You can repeat this as many times as desired.
- This trick yields unlimited experience, Stimpacks and doctor's bags. Get access to Helios One Power Station and have the quest "That Lucky Old Sun". When you have the option to choose how to reroute the power, select to do full region (emergency output level). Go out and re-aim the solar array panels, then return to Ignacio. Tell him you overpowered the station. He will reward you with 350 experience points, three Stimpacks, and two doctor's bags. The option will remain in place allowing you to do this repeatedly as many times as desired.
- Upon meeting Mr. House the first time, in "The House Always Wins, I" mission, he will ask you to get his chip. If you have 50 Barter when he tells you the deal is 1,000 caps, refuse it. Keep refusing his offers after bartering until he tells you to come back. After you talk to him again, select the following choices: "Tell me your terms again?", then the Barter 50 choice "The chip is worth far more than that", then "Still not interested", and repeat.
In Camp McCarran where the monorail directly to the strip is located, you can gain entry to the monorail. Take the long way around and stay as close to the vending machines as possible. Follow the wall around the back way. Make sure the other soldier has his back to you. Crouch and sneak up to this soldier. You may hear the phrase indicating that if you get any closer they will have to shoot you. However, as long as you remain hidden, it may flash "Detected" briefly for a few times. As soon as you are close enough to the door, you can go through it and take a monorail directly to the strip. This may require a few attempts. Be careful when returning to the monorail from the strip. You will probably be shot. However as soon as you enter the monorail it resets, and you can again ride it back to the strip. By using this trick you can bypass many annoyances and quests, and can skip directly to meeting Mr. House and finding the person who shot you.
By using this method, it is possible to repair any and all items to the player's current repair level without using any of you caps. To do this you, need the Confirmed Bachelor perk and enough caps to cover the repair cost of the item. When you arrive at the Mohave Outpost to get the pardon for the new sheriff of Primm, during the conversation with Major Knight a Confirmed Bachelor speech option is available. Select it, and whenever you do repairs through him, the item gets repaired to your repair level but the caps do not get deducted from your stockpile. This can be very useful when combined with any unlimited caps trick, and results in your player having all items at 100% condition (even things like the Fat Man, where replacement parts are difficult to find).
In the unpatched version of the game, wait in front of the gun runners for two to three days. The ammo, upgrades, and almost everything else will be restocked. This also works at Van Graffs. The items and amounts seem to be random.
Enemies catch on fire without firing weapon
Use the .50 machine gun incendiary ammunition on the anti-materiel rifle. Target an enemy with V.A.T.S. The enemy will catch on fire, even if you do not fire the weapon.
No reset timer for roulette games
Actively play roulette. While doing so, load your last saved game. If done correctly, you should be able to immediately play roulette again after loading the saved game. This is useful for minimizing the amount of lost chips and maximizing winnings. Note: This was done at the Ultra Luxe.
Start with two 9mm SMGs
In the beginning of the game when you are being awakened by Doctor Mitchell, when you test at the Vit-o-matic, move your intelligence to 10, or when you choosing skills, choose Repair. Note: You need at least 25 points in Repair. Go to the Sunset Sasparilla crate with the broken 9mm SMG and pick it up. Repair it while repeatedly tapping [Confirm/Activate]. You will be able to repair it again. The game will glitch and you will obtain 20 experience points as well as two 9mm SMGs.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs