Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Vault 101 Citizenship Award (10 points): Got the Pip-Boy 3000.
- The G.O.A.T. Whisperer (10 points): Took the G.O.A.T.
- Escape! (20 points): Completed "Escape!".
- Following in His Footsteps (20 points): Completed "Following in His Footsteps".
- Galaxy News Radio (20 points): Completed "Galaxy News Radio".
- Scientific Pursuits (20 points): Completed "Scientific Pursuits".
- Tranquility Lane (20 points): Completed "Tranquility Lane".
- The Waters of Life (20 points): Completed "The Waters of Life".
- Picking up the Trail (20 points): Completed "Picking up the Trail".
- Rescue from Paradise (20 points): Completed "Rescue from Paradise".
- Finding the Garden of Eden (20 points): Completed "Finding the Garden of Eden".
- The American Dream (20 points): Completed "The American Dream".
- Take it Back! (40 points): Completed "Take it Back!".
- Big Trouble in Big Town (20 points): Completed "Big Trouble in Big Town".
- The Superhuman Gambit (20 points): Completed "The Superhuman Gambit".
- The Wasteland Survival Guide (20 points): Completed "The Wasteland Survival Guide".
- Those! (20 points): Completed "Those!".
- The Nuka-Cola Challenge (20 points): Completed "The Nuka-Cola Challenge".
- Head of State (20 points): Completed "Head of State".
- The Replicated Man (20 points): Completed "The Replicated Man".
- Blood Ties (20 points): Completed "Blood Ties".
- Oasis (20 points): Completed "Oasis".
- The Power of the Atom (20 points): Completed "The Power of the Atom".
- Tenpenny Tower (20 points): Completed "Tenpenny Tower".
- Strictly Business (20 points): Completed "Strictly Business".
- You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head (20 points): Completed "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head".
- Stealing Independence (20 points): Completed "Stealing Independence".
- Trouble on the Homefront (20 points): Completed "Trouble on the Homefront".
- Agatha's Song (20 points): Completed "Agatha's Song".
- Reilly's Rangers (20 points): Completed "Reilly's Rangers".
- Reaver (10 points): Reached Level 8 with Bad Karma.
- Mercenary (10 points): Reached Level 8 with Neutral Karma.
- Protector (10 points): Reached Level 8 with Good Karma.
- Harbinger of War (20 points): Reached Level 14 with Bad Karma.
- Pinnacle of Survival (20 points): Reached Level 14 with Neutral Karma.
- Ambassador of Peace (20 points): Reached Level 14 with Good Karma.
- Scourge of Humanity (30 points): Reached Level 20 with Bad Karma.
- Paradigm of Humanity (30 points): Reached Level 20 with Neutral Karma.
- Last, Best Hope of Humanity (30 points): Reached Level 20 with Good Karma.
- Weaponsmith (30 points): Made one of every custom weapon.
- Doesn't Play Well with Others (20 points): Killed 300 people.
- Slayer of Beasts (20 points): Killed 300 creatures.
- Silver-Tongued Devil (20 points): Won 50 Speech Challenges.
- Data Miner (20 points): Hacked 50 terminals.
- Keys are for Cowards (20 points): Picked 50 locks.
- One-Man Scouting Party (20 points): Discovered 100 locations.
- Psychotic Prankster (10 points): Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing.
- The Bigger They Are… (20 points): Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths.
- Yes, I Play with Dolls (10 points): Collected 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.
- Vault-Tec C.E.O. (30 points): Collected 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.
Unlimited experience points
- Note: Using the "Unlimited experience" glitches can leave you weak. The higher level you are, the more difficult the game gets. You will encounter more and stronger enemies, and they will have better weapons in better conditions.
- Created by ablestmage.
Note: This can only be done with an unpatched version of the game. Have a Speech skill of at least 30. Visit Big Town by travelling northwest from Springvale Elementary. Talk to Bittercup about her dating exploits. Talk with Pappy about how he came to Big Town with Bittercup to start a Speech challenge. If you fail, the challenge will still be available to retry. Repeat the challenge until you are successful. You will get 6 experience points and the option to retry the challenge can still be selected. Repeat the challenge as many times as desired. Note: This requires the unpatched version of the game.
- Created by ablestmage.
Be at least level 10 and have a 60 Sneak skill. Unlock the Mister Sandman perk. Go to the Smith's house at Andale. Sneak upstairs at night while everyone is sleeping. Try to pickpocket the boy, but instead select "Murder". You will not lose karma and gain over 50 experience points. Because the boy does not actually die, you can repeat this as many times as desired. Note: The game may glitch and become unresponsive. Also, this requires the unpatched version of the game.
- Start a new game. Get your Speech up to 100 and Charisma to 10. By doing this you can access unique speech dialogs. Go to Big Town and talk to Pappy. Select the dialog that reads " Ask about Bittercup". Once he has talked to you about Bittercup, you should get 5 or 6 experience points. Keep selecting the third dialog and you should level up quickly.
Free caps and slave collar
- For the "Strictly Business" quest, capture Susan Lancaster and receive your reward for her capture. Afterwards, speak with her in the slave quarters part of Paradise Falls. Note: You will need one of the slaver's keys to access the slaves quarters; pickpocket one. After entering the slave quarters, speak with Susan. When she asks for help, choose the option "You're a slave. Deal with it.", then return to Grouse to collect your reward again. Grouse will think that you captured her again. You can repeat this for 250 caps and a slave collar each time.
- Note: If you capture all four slaves and tell each one to "Deal with it" then talk to the man after the initial time, he will give you another 250 caps for each one. This makes it much easier to get high amounts of caps instead of running back and forth with just one.
Unlimited caps and supplies
Use the following trick with any merchant to get unlimited caps and supplies. Start with between 2,000 to 3,000 caps two of the same weapon, one in very good condition and one in very bad condition. Go to any merchant and purchase everything desired from him or her. Then, sell the merchant both of the weapons. Buy back the cheap one and sell it back. Every other time you do this, the merchant will give the weapon in good condition for the price of the other weapon. Sell it back, thus obtaining three times what you paid for it. Repeat this until you have your caps back and everything the merchant owns. Note: On very rare occasions the game may freeze while doing this; make sure to save it.
Have weapon get properties of another one
Note: Doing this may cause the game to freeze. Press the button to activate V.A.T.S. while at the exact same time, switching weapons set on a hotkey. For example, if you are wielding a hammer and has a gun set to a hotkey, activate V.A.T.S. and you will hit a person with the gun equipped as if it was the hammer. You can use this to hit people with the rifle or even a bottle cap mine.
Avoid carrying weight limit
Use the following trick if you are having trouble carrying all your items with over-encumbrance. Clear an area of enemies, then click the Right Analog-stick to grab a 55 gallon drum. Fill the drum by physically picking up items and dropping them inside. You now have a container with all those items that you can fast travel with. Note: When you arrive at your destination the drum will fall to the ground and you have to pick it all back up again.
Have Fawkes and Star Paladin Cross as your followers at the same time
Play until to the point where you meet Fawkes. After he is freed and gives you the G.E.C.K, leave and do the Raven Rock quest. When you see Fawkes outside, tell him to be your follower then proceed to the Citadel and talk to Star Paladin Cross. When she says "I have something to ask you", respond with the second answer. She will say you have a wry wit like your father and ask to join you. Say that you would be honored and she will automatically join you. You now have both Fawkes and Star Paladin Cross as your followers.
Wear up to four head gear items at once
When you acquire the Chinese Stealth Armor, equip it then select up to four hats (for example, Eulogy's Hat, Winterized Power Helmet, Shady Hat, and Ledoux's Hockey Mask). When you have the desired hats you can equip any armor desired. Do not unequip the hats or you will have to do the stealth armor trick again.
Strictly Business: Susan Lancaster disappears
While on the "Strictly Business" quest, where you enslave people from around the Wasteland, occasionally Susan Lancaster will disappear from Tenpenny Tower. After hitting her with the Mesmetron and being caught reload a saved game and try again. She may be nowhere to be found. The quest marker on my map will state you have to go to Paradise Falls. After picking Eulogy Jones' pocket for the "Box Key", gain access to the slave pens. You can find Susan Lancaster inside the adult slave barracks without a collar. Zap her with the Mesmetron and collect the payment.
Vault 87: Teleport to middle
When you go into Vault 87 you must enter through Camp Little Light's cave system because the vault door entrance has 500+ rads per sec around it. However, even if you do get to the entrance to Vault 87, the door will never open even with Lockpicking 100; because it is labeled as impossible. If you enter through Camp Little Light and go into Vault 87, find the room where you see the back of Vault 87's door. Go to the yellow box (as you did in the prelude of the game, when escaping from Vault 101) to open Vault 87's. When it opens, you will see a gas-like wall of mainly a brownish color. When you walk through it, you will be teleported to the middle of Vault 87. Therefore, you can never walk between the outside door and the cog-like door of Vault 87. You will always be teleported back to the middle of Vault 87.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs