Famicom Wars DS
This game is titled Advance Wars: Dual Strike in North America, Europe, and Australia and Famicom Wars DS in Japan.
- Hold L and R when selecting Map Design mode to display a map with terrain that spells "Advance Wars".
- Also, there are two groups of buildings at the bottom of the hidden map. The orange buildings make the orange star symbol, while the blue buildings make the blue moon symbol.
- Adder (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Candle (costs 3,500 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Chakka (costs 3,500 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Flak (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Grimm (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 20 in normal campaign mode.
- Hachi (costs 2,000 points): Complete normal campaign mode with an overall "S" rank.
- Hawke (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Javier (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 20 in normal campaign mode.
- Juggler (costs 3,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Kindle (costs 3,500 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Koal (costs 3,500 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Lash (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
- Nell (costs 2,000 points): Complete normal campaign mode with an overall "A" rank.
- Sasha (costs 600 points): Win mission 20 in normal campaign mode.
- Von Bolt: Complete hard campaign mode.
- Zipo (costs 3,000 points): Win mission 26 in normal campaign mode.
Battle Map Shop bonuses
Insert either Advance Wars or Advance Wars
2: Black Hole Rising into the Game Boy Advance slot on your
Nintendo DS before powering up. Once in the game, go to Hachi
at the map shop. He will comment on your taste in games and will
have a new wallpaper that will cost 1 credit, which may not otherwise
be available in the game.
- Advance Warpaper (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars inserted.
- Advance Warpaper 2 (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars 2 inserted.
- Hachi's Land map (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars inserted.
- Lash's Land map (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars 2 inserted.
- Nell's Land map (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars inserted.
- Strum's Land map (costs 1 point): Have the Game Boy Advance game Advance Wars 2 inserted.
- CO Edit: Reach level 10 or higher with a CO. An alternate costume option is in the CO Edit menu.
- Gallery (costs 2,000 points): Complete normal campaign mode.
- Mistwalker: Complete hard campaign mode.
- Oozium (costs 1,000 points): Win mission 22.
- Soul of Hachi: Complete hard campaign mode.
- Soundroom: Complete normal campaign mode and buy everything from Hachi.
- Wallpapers: Complete campaign to unlock wallpapers for the three COs used most in that campaign at the Display menu. Get all 300 medals to unlock the final wallpaper.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding gallery images. Note: Images 1 through 28 are already unlocked by default.
- 29. Rachel's Hat: Watch the Mission 9 ending.
- 30. Toast: Watch the Mission 22 ending.
- 31. Party 1: Watch the Mission 22 ending.
- 32. Party 2: Watch the Mission 22 ending.
- 33. Handshake: Watch the Mission 22 ending.
- 34. Dismissed!: Watch the game's ending.
- 35. Report: Watch the game's ending.
- 36. Promise Hill: Watch the game's ending.
- 37. Flowers: Watch the game's ending.
- 38. Three Villains: Watch the game's ending.
- 39. Original 7: Select "Yes: after the last mission.
- 40. Salute: Select "No: after the last mission.
- 41. Drive: Successfully complete campaign mode under the hard difficulty.
Hard combat mode
Successfully complete combat mode to unlock the hard
combat difficulty for purchase from Haichi.
midt bittw etrt
Brutal combat mode
Successfully complete hard combat mode to unlock the brutal combat difficulty for purchase from Haichi.
Means To An End: Easy win
Choose the CO Sensei, and if possible, equip the skill Invader (Capture+1) and for the secondary front, choose Max. At the start of the mission, build four infantries and soon as possible, build a B copter and attack the enemy infantry that is capturing buildings at the south. The turn after that, build a T Copter and send an infantry south and deploy it after you destroy the enemy infantry. Watch out for Ooziums, and capture the Black Hole property so that Von Bolt will only deploy cheap units. When your CO Power is available, use it and it deploy infantries with 9 HPS when you have at least two properties south. Thanks to the skill Invader, it will take two days to capture a property. Capture all the properties south when evading the Oozium. As you capture more properties, you can deploy strong units to wipe out the enemy's cheaper units. Use your Super CO Power to deploy mech all over the place and flood them with mech. When the secondary front is won, deploy MegaTanks to destroy the Grand Bolt's weak spot. Capturethe enemy base if you have the chance.
Muck Amok: Easy experience and money
If you are at this mission in hard campaign mode, at
the beginning save the game in a empty slot. Clear the mission
by destroying every Oozium on the field quickly. For each Oozium
you kill in hard mode, you will be rewarded with 40 points. If
you end the mission without problems, you will have 100 points
for Speed, Technique and Power and 880 points for killing 22 Ooziums
(if you destroy the cannon and the pipes you will have more points).
You will have over 2,000 points (with the hard mode bonus) and
you will have enough for two promotions for each CO that does
that mission. If you make that mission on the other file, do not
save it so you can repeat it for more points. However, make sure
you save it on another mode to save the points you earned.
Reclaim The Skies: Easy points
Mission four (Reclaim The Skies) in campaign mode takes
only about a minute to complete, and every time will result in
300 points. After the mission, just save the game in a different
file and quit campaign mode. Load the file for on mission four
and repeat. Note: Make sure to save in the file marked mission
five after completing mission four. Mission four gives you points
towards Rachael's CO ranking. Mission two is also quick, and is
good for getting points for Jake towards his CO ranking.
Sami: Capture rate of 18
If Sami is at rank 3 and you completed the campaign,
place the Invader and the Conqueror skill. When a full health
infantry or mech captures a building, it will capture by 18. If
the infantry survives the next turn, you can capture it.
Sonja: Massive vision range
If Sonja is at rank 3 and you have completed the campaign,
place the Scout and the Eagle Eye skill. This will improve the
vision range to 4 (or 5 if CO Power is activated). Normally, a
recon unit will see nine or ten spaces away. By using the CO Power,
you can see the entire the map without the fog of war.
Adder or Koal and Sami: Dirty pair
Have an infantry unit within ten spaces away from the
enemy HQ and Adder or Koal in the front line. Have both their
power meter's is full and use the Tag Power when nothing is in
the way. Adder or Koal will move the infantry five spaces. Switch
to Sami. Sami will move the five remaining spaces, capturing the
HQ in one shot This can be done with other properties, giving
you an advantage.
Last Time Survival level
At the "CO Selection" screen, choose Kanebi
and any other CO. For the last level, charge up both CO tag power
for a quick victory. As soon as you can buy two troops (preferably
infantry), do whatever is needed with your starting units except
the black boat (which you should move to the shore). The next
day, make sure Kanebi is the second CO and use the tag team power.
Move the boat up to the enemy HQ and unload the troops on the
shore. You must do this quickly in the first few days before Grimm
blocks it off. Next, change CO so that Kanebi is in charge. Start
to capture the HQ and do what is needed with the other troop.
The next day Grimm will be unable to damage your troop on the
HQ. This allows you to finish capturing the remaining part of
the HQ, giving you a quick victory for this level. This does not
work later, as Grimm blocks the shores with tanks and stops you
from the unloading of the troops.
Real advantage with deployed maps
If you completed Hard Campaign mode and have the Soul
of Hachi (or have the CO Hachi), when equipped during a Super
CO Power, you can deploy units from any property, giving you an
advantage. Note: Hachi's Super CO Power reduces the price by half.
Deploy some MegaTanks and the advantage will be yours.
Easy History awards
To get awards fast (for example, "You built 50
Neotanks", etc.), make a map where the enemy is not a threat.
Give yourself a lot of bases and cities. Play your map and set
the funds to 9500G per city. Start building and you should get
awards quickly. If you want to get fast awards for destroying
enemies, surround them with units to kill them with in design
mode. For example, if you want to get a lot of tanks destroyed,
surround a large group of tanks with Megatanks and blast away.
Just surround the large group of enemies something that they are
When your CO (or first CO in Tag battles) is from Orange
Star sometimes the lights in the HQ will change into a smiley
Stealth unit graphics
If you see a stealth unit going up, you will see a
small line in the corner blinking.
Tank on a river
Go to "Design Map". Build a 3 vertical by
5 horizontal rectangle sea. Build a shoal on top of the river.
Put any ground unit except Infantry, Mech or Oozium on the shoal.
Move the pointer three spaces north from the ground unit. Build
a river, drag it down, and the shoal will be transformed into
a river, with the tank on the river.
Pipe Runner on city
When using Hachi's super power, you can deploy units
from cities. If you have enough money, deploy a Pipe Runner. It
will not be able to move, but it has a long range.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs