Far Cry 2 (PlayStation3)
Select "Additional Content" at the main menu, then select "Promotion Code". Enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function.
Enter one of the following case-sensitive codes. A message will confirm correct code entry. "The Georgian", "The Bolivian", "Special Delivery" and "Le Français" missions are now unlocked. The message "You have successfully unlocked the missions" will appear to confirm correct code entry. Start or continue the game. Pause game play and display the "Map Legend" menu. You will see a new envelop legend labeled "Special Mission". Complete the tutorial and few missions. You eventually get a phone call from a distorted voice that sends you on your "predecessor's tracks". Go to the envelop map legend location to find an old bus that is now a shack and continue.
Created by bozitojugg3rn4ut.
The following are the locations of the golden AK-47s.
, , and
- Leboa-Sako (the northern first section explored during Act 1)
- Go to the northwestern bus station and drive down between the two mountains that are northeast of the southern guard station (the mountains just east of the Cattle Xing). Look on the southeastern side of the northern mountain to find a diamond briefcase by a couple of huts.
- Go to the opposite side of the mountain-the eastern side-and look just north of the tree. This is a tree that looks like it is coming out of the mountain. There will be a rock formation next to the mountain that is basically forming a cave. Break the boards blocking entrance into this "cave" to find the golden AK-47 inside.
- Proceed to the southeastern bus station. Drive north past the guard station onto the next map. Look around the weapon shop onto the adjacent road to the east. There is a dot on the map. Go to that dot (essentially the southeastern corner of this map). There is an abandoned shack there with a diamond briefcase inside. Next to it is the golden AK-47.
- Go to the southwest bus station. Drive northwest past the cell. Go in between the two mountains. Look on the northern side of the western mountain, nearly directly south of the guard station to the north. Get up this mountain by exploring the western side and moving your way east. Look along the edge of the mountain for a boarded-up cavern. Break the boards and grab the golden AK-47 inside.
- Go to the southeast bus station. Drive west toward the guard station, but then turn south toward the lake. Go to the lakefront and look for the hut. Continue south from the hut and keep looking at the mountain to your left. After you move through the water around a big rock, look left on the mountainside to see a row of green bushes. Walk through the bushes to find the golden AK-47 in a tight alcove.
- Bowa-Seko (the southern second section explored during Acts 2 and 3)
- Go to the southwest bus station and drive up to the TaeMoCo Mine. Search the road that runs east of the TaeMoCo Mine. Nearly directly east from the mine's center is a small abandoned outpost along the road. Search inside for a golden AK-47. Jump through the back window.
- Go to the northeast bus station. Drive southeast along the road and past a couple guard stations. Enter the next map from the road furthest to the east. Go past the cell tower and safe house. Follow the river south just past the guard station. Explore the eastern side close to the mountain. You will find a small alcove marked with a red barrel. The Golden AK is directly behind it.
- Take the bus to the northeast station. Drive through the Crash Site and west onto the next map section. Go west past Sediko. Connect with the road and follow it west. Continue along this road until you reach the wishbone-like fork at the end. Go left toward the southern side and reach the dot on the map at the end. It is a small outpost, which may include enemies. Find the hang glider on the cliff. Look over the cliff to see the golden AK-47 just below.
- After going through the Heart of Darkness, go south from the nearest safe house. As you move east toward the swamp, find a tree that has fallen over. It connects the northern and southern sides of the passage. Walk across the tree. Find the golden AK-47 at the top.
When you do the job for the Jackal, be careful. If you go for the mission with the blue square on it first, be prepared. You will have to face all your past and present friends for a big showdown. Do not believe them when they say they have your back.
When going for the Jackal after you are done with the mission with the blue square on it, you must go to a shack where he is hiding. When you get into the shack he gives you two choices. You can either take the diamonds or the car battery. If you take the diamonds, he tells you to take them and bribe the commander or take the car battery and fix the explosives. However if you take the diamonds, be careful with the large hole in the middle. If you drop in, you will not be able to get out.
Jackal tape locations
- Created by AchievementGuides360.
Tapes 1 through 8 can be found at these locations.
- Created by AchievementGuides360.
Tapes 9 through 16 can be found at these locations.
When you do the jobs for the UFLL and its enemy, and your friend tells you to do a favor for him or her, do it. You have already been paid in full and you will come back to the original mission afterwards.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City reference
After entering the main menu, select the map editor. Look around in the "Item List" and look in "Utilities", then "Detail Objects". Look for an item called "Checkpoint". Place the one that has a square sign and is closed off. Look at the sign and it will read "No Trespassing Violators Will Be Shot. Survivors Will Be Shot Again" This is a direct quote that was on the last loading screen before entering the game.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- Stickin' it to the man (Bronze): Kill a Faction Captain in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Wages of Conflict (Bronze): Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration.
- Making friends (Bronze): Save a Buddy from captivity.
- The best laid plans (Bronze): Work with a Buddy to subvert a mission offered by a faction.
- Wanderer (Bronze): Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Orienteer (Bronze): Find all the Safe Houses in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- Investigative Reporter (Bronze): Turn over the first set of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist.
- Messenger (Bronze): Complete all the available Underground side-quests in both the North and the South.
- Supply... (Bronze): Unlock new weapons by hitting a Convoy.
- On the run (Bronze): Escape the Town.
- Down but not out (Bronze): Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- Weapon Specialist (Bronze): Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandolier for one weapon.
- Bagman (Bronze): Deliver stamped travel documents to the Underground in exchange for medicine.
- Lineman (Bronze): Complete a Mission intercepted from a cellular tower signal.
- Dawa ya moto ni moto (Bronze): Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict.
- Lent a hand (Bronze): Complete a Buddy side quest.
- Out of the frying pan... (Bronze): Get rescued by a Buddy.
- Dr Livingston, I presume (Bronze): Enter every 1 square kilometer map region of the world.
- Pulitzer material (Bronze): Turn over all of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist.
- Weapons Expert (Bronze): Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandoliers for every weapon.
- Playing both sides... (Bronze): Switch sides in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- ...against the middle (Bronze): Switch sides in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- ...and demand. (Bronze): Unlock all weapons by hitting every Convoy.
- Prison escape (Bronze): Escape torture at the old slave outpost.
- Last man standing (Bronze): Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords.
- ...into the fire. (Bronze): Save a Buddy from a mortal wound.
- The third faction (Bronze): Rescue all the Buddies from their respective predicaments.
- Ruthless (Bronze): Subvert all the main faction missions in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Cold Blooded (Bronze): Subvert all the main faction missions in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- First Response Team (Bronze): Get highest revives count in a ranked match.
- Hired Gun (Bronze): Reach Rank 5 (Ranked Match).
- Superior Captain (Bronze): Win a round as the Captain in Uprising mode (Ranked Match).
- Best in Class (Bronze): Get highest xp total in one match (Ranked Match).
- War Party (Bronze): Win a match with 16 players (Ranked Match).
- Upgraded Player (Bronze): Upgrade one class 3 times (Ranked Match).
- Safari Tour (Bronze): Play at least one full round in every Official Map (Ranked Match).
- Battle Hardened (Bronze): Play at least one full round in every Game Mode (Ranked Match).
- Mapper (Bronze): Create a map and get it validated in all game modes.
- Utility Man (Silver): Complete all Missions intercepted from cellular tower signals.
- Good night sweet prince (Silver): Comfort a Buddy and ease his passing.
- Professional (Silver): Reach Rank 10 (Ranked Match).
- Mercenary (Silver): Reach Rank 20 (Ranked Match).
- Field Hospital (Silver): Get 500 revives (Ranked Match).
- Warlord (Silver): Achieve Rank 30 (Ranked Match).
- Adventurer (Silver): Download and rate 25 usermaps.
- Heart of Darkness (Gold): Enter the Heart of Darkness.
- The horror... the horror... (Gold): Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus.
- Soldier of Misfortune (Gold): Unlock field manuals for all weapons (Ranked match). (Video)
- Iron-guts (Platinum): Earn the highest honors.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs