Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding weapon for purchase. Note: They cannot be customized.
- AMR (sniper rifle): Find 20 relics.
- Bull (shotgun): Find 10 relics.
- Bushman (assault rifle): Activate all radio towers.
- Japanese Tanto (replaces melee weapon): Find six Letters of the Lost.
- Ripper (light machine gun): Survive six Trials of the Rakyat.
- Shadow (pistol): Take over 17 encampments.
- Shredder (sub-machine gun): Collect ten memory cards.
Collect six letters of the lost.
Search the indicated locations to find the corresponding animal.
- One Horn Buffalo: Camp Murder outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- Undying Bear: Cradle Gas outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- Black Panther: Outpost southeast of the mansion, Path of the Hunter.
- Golden Tiger: Mosquito Yard outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- White Belly Tapir: Rust Yard outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- Blood Komodo: Cliffside Overlook outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- Yellow Neck Cassowary: AM-12 outpost, Path of the Hunter.
- Maneater Shark: Kell's Boat Repairs, Path of the hunter.
Travel to the indicated location to find the corresponding feature.
- Big cave: X:331.8, Y:458.1
- Boat color cycle: X:641.5, Y:408.2 (travel here by boat; also does it on the ocean bottom)
- Dead body cave: X:630.2, Y:685.0
- Easy "Fearless Or Stupid" achievement or trophy dive: X:752.7, Y:656.1
- Flying Fish: X:756.3, Y:634.3 (travel here by boat)
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears reference: X:796, Y:647 (three chests with bear claw marks)
- "Hi To The Internet" achievement or trophy: X:620 Y:557 (interact with buried head; it resembles the front box artwork)
- Inside the rocks: X:721.2, Y:747.0 (travel here by jet ski from town and ride into the crevice at this location)
- Invisible Water: X:588.8, Y:781.1 (walk near the nearby cliff and you will be suddenly underwater)
- Moray eels: X:814.7, Y:612.0 (search near the bottom; they will wrap around you)
- Ocean dry patch: X:302.8, Y:285.6 (travel here by boat, fall to the ocean bottom and walk around; try pushing the boat)
- Outside flashlight: X:706.5, Y:643.5
- Rock slides: X:702.2, Y:783.4 and X:465.6, Y:665.8 (jump in the rock crevices at these locations and slide upwards)
- Table goat: X:360.4, Y:740.7
- Treasure hole: X:346.9, Y:700.5
- Underwater toilet and sick soldier: X:807, Y:637 (Video)
- Vultures: X:377, Y:793
- Walk through wall in "Mother Lode" mission: X:684.3, Y:731.3 (enter mineshaft and jump across to the piece of wood on the right wall; walk through the wall here)
- Waterfall glitch: X:678.1, Y:635.7 (behind the waterfall, jump through the back wall; Cargo Dump mission location)
- X-ray glitch: X:761.7, Y:752.1 (in the Badtown store, jump on the counter and on the lantern and jump across to the shelf; stand up and look around for a weird view)
Easy outpost liberation
- Use the following trick to liberate an outpost without being detected. When you find an outpost that has a caged animal (for example, a bear or tiger), find a good hiding location inside the outpost that has a good view of the cage but far from it. Select any weapon with a sound suppressor and shoot at the cage. Make sure no guards are close to you when you shoot. Eventually the door to the cage will break and the animal inside will be freed. All the guards and guard dogs will turn their attention to that animal. The freed animal will proceed to "liberate" the outpost for you. All you have to do is remain hidden until it is over. Doing this twice will allow you to to unlock the Ninja Step skill, which makes you very silent. It is best to scan the entire area with your camera beforehand so you can see the progress of the animal when you free it. It also makes for a great show.
- To take out outposts, kill all the alarms first. You can do this from a distance by shooting them with a suppressed sniper (all of them if more than one), or deactivating one of them. Doing this will cut them off and make it impossible for them to call for help. You will also receive a 500 bonus experience points in the end. To make this even easier, shoot the cage holding the animal(s). However if you do that, stay at a distance and hidden.
Taking out the drug fields
This is one of your first actual missions, to take out one of Hoyt's drug fields. Beforehand, you will have met the man in white who gave you a flamethrower. Before you leave, visit the store in the village and pick up a grenade launcher or a bazooka (if you freed enough radio towers, the grenade launcher should be free by now). Also make sure you have a sniper rifle. When you get to the pot fields, use your sniper rifle to take out the guards and also shoot the red and yellow oil barrels. Once the guards in each area have been taken out, you are free to go down there and use the flamethrower for the fields. The next set of fields is trickier. Use your sniper rifle to take as many of the guards out as you can along with shooting the oil barrels. Once the guards have been taken out, burn the rest of the crops, but get it done quickly. Once done, go to the farthest right point on the hill you are on. If you are at the correctly location, you should just barely see Hoyt's boat. Use your grenade launcher and take it out. Once done, quickly get as far away as possible, as more guards will appear once they see the explosion.
If you are further out in the water than 20 feet, the game will generate sharks that will appear from of nowhere. Remain on your guard. If possible when you do kill them, skin them. Shark skin can be used for many things and is very valuable.
Defeating larger animals
There are a number of larger animals in the jungle (bears, tigers, cheetahs, etc.). It is highly recommended to keep a shotgun with you at all times. It will require a lot of bullets to bring down a bear if all you have is an assault rifle, even if you aim for the head.
Defeating heavily armored guards
The easiest way to take these guards on is silently. Their only weakness is the opening in their face mask in the back. Aim for the back of their heads and do not miss.
Defeating special guards (red hats)
These enemies are heavily armored. It will require number of shots to kill if aiming for the body. Aim for the head instead.
Free items and discounts
Before you get too involved with the missions, free up all the radio towers and find as many relics and letters as possible. This will definitely make things easier. It will also allow you to have a greater advantage when you begin playing the game, i.e. a bigger rootsack, a larger ammo belt, more unlocked weapons, discounts on ammo, etc. Also, check the "Crafting" option in the menu and look for what you need to upgrade items. ; gather as much as possible before you begin. finally, also do the bulletin board missions. They will unlock rewards and rare animals for you.
There are maps that reveal locations of all relics, letters and other hidden items. These can be purchased when you are using a weapons cache or in a store. Buy these maps first and they will raise your experience points greatly.
Easy bonus experience points
Aim for head shots. Depending on who you kill, this will increase your experience points higher and faster. The higher your experience points before you start the missions, the better.
The Social Club bonus level
Created by HiddenLongshot.
Crocodiles are almost always hiding in the groups of lotus flowers in the rivers and waterways. They will not move unless you get too close. Note: If you use the Recurve Bow, it will kill them in one shot.
Assassin's Creed reference
Created by thezeldafan911.
Hidden video sequences
Every time you travel to the grotto underneath the mansion, take one of the "eat me" berries for hidden video scenes.
tmyer pbf iparcdu
On any of the highest mountains, take out your camera and zoom in. Glance around the land and you will see many bright lights. These are your objectives lighting up.
Land on power lines while using the wingsuit to do super bounces.
Shoot the crabs on land for a gory mess.
Some of the trees are flexible if you shoot them.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare series reference
At the start of "The Alamo"-mission, where you are supposed to save Agent Willis to be able to get a lift to the next island, he tells you over the phone that he is about to leave for Russia to join "Taskforce 141". This is a reference to Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. (Video)
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Free Fall (5 points): Freefall more than 100m and live (Single Player only).
- Inked Up (5 points): Earn 5 skill tattoos.
- Fully Inked (30 points): Earn every tattoo by learning all the skills.
- Money to Burn (15 points): Spend $5000 at the shop.
- Aftermarket Junkie (20 points): Buy all attachments and paint jobs for one weapon. (Video)
- Rebel With a Cause (10 points): Liberate 3 outposts. (Video)
- Island Liberator (40 points): Liberate all outposts. (Video)
- Unheard (20 points): Liberate an outpost without triggering an alarm. (Video)
- Full Bars (20 points): Activate 9 radio towers.
- Archeology 101 (20 points): Gather a total of 60 relics.
- Dead Letters (20 points): Gather all "Letters of the Lost".
- Memory to Spare (20 points): Gather all the memory cards.
- Jungle Journal (20 points): Unlock 50 entries in the Survivor Guide.
- Bagged and Tagged (10 points): Complete a Path of the Hunter quest.
- Road Trip (10 points): Complete a Supply Drop quest.
- In Cold Blood (10 points): Complete a WANTED Dead quest.
- Let the Trials Begin (10 points): Beat any Trial of the Rakyat score.
- Poker Bully (20 points): Win $1500 playing poker.
- Hunter Hunted (10 points): Lure and kill a predator.
- Poacher (20 points): Hunt and skin a rare animal.
- Artsy Craftsy (10 points): Craft 5 upgrades for your equipment.
- Needle Exchange (15 points): Craft 25 syringes.
- The Good Stuff (15 points): Craft a special syringe.
- Say Hi to the Internet (10 points): Find the lost Hollywood star. (Video)
- Heartless Pyro (10 points): Kill 50 enemies with the flamethrower (Single Player only). (Video)
- Love the Boom (10 points): Kill 4 enemies simultaneously with one explosion (Single Player only). (Video)
- Rock Always Wins (10 points): Fully distract 25 enemies with rocks (Single Player only).
- Island Paparazzi (15 points): Tag 25 enemies using the camera (Single Player only).
- Fearless or Stupid (15 points): Dive more than 60m (Single Player only). (Video)
- Never Saw it Coming (20 points): Kill an enemy with a takedown from above from a glider, zipline or parachute (Single Player only). (Video)
- Improper Use (5 points): Kill an enemy with the Repair Tool (Single Player only). (Video)
- Toxophilite (10 points): Kill a target from 70m or more with the bow (Single Player only). (Video)
- Here We Come (20 points): Complete "Ready or Not" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
- Return to Sender (20 points): Complete "Sidetracked" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
- Rocking the Boat (20 points): Complete "Overboard" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
- Hide and Seek (20 points): Complete "Lights Out" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
- Late Night Pick-up (20 points): Complete "Rush Hour" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
- Getting Even (20 points): Complete "Payback" Co-op map (Online/Offline).
Additionally there are twelve secret achievements
- First Blood (10 points): Escape the pirates and survive in the wilderness.
- Magic Mushroom (20 points): Return to the doctor with the cave mushrooms.
- Worst Date Ever (20 points): Rescue Liza from the burning building.
- One of Us (20 points): Complete the Rakyat initiation.
- Hands Off My Stoner (20 points): Rescue Oliver from the pirates.
- Retake Wallstreet (20 points): Rescue Keith from Buck.
- Have I Told You? (50 points): Survive the encounter with Vaas and escape.
- Taken for Granted (50 points): Kill Vaas.
- Higher Than a Kite (20 points): Use your wingsuit to reach the Southern island.
- Deep Cover (20 points): Complete Riley's interrogation.
- Poker Night (50 points): Kill Hoyt.
- What a Trip (100 points): Attend the final ceremony.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs