Freedom Fighters (PC)
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "freedom.ini" file in the game folder. Add the following line in the file.
Begin game play, then press ~ to display the console window. Enter one of the following codes at the console to activate the corresponding cheat function.
|God mode||god 1|
Cheat mode (alternate)
Quickly enter one of the following codes during game play to activate the corresponding cheat function.
Note: The weapons codes also gives you other things.
Successfully complete the game to unlock the Liberty
ercfiu teuhft ar, hvri
"Desperate Revenge" mission: Getting to your boat
- After killing Tatarin, the easiest way to reach your boat is the river. Dive into water and swim toward the starting point. You can avoid fighting soldiers and save time, but a helicopter will follow and shoot at you. You must swim erratically to avoid taking damage. You cannot start your mission from the river because the ladder near the watchtower is broken and you cannot climb up.
- Once you kill General Tatarin, do not bother taking land back to your boat. Just jump into the water and swim there.
"Liberty Island" mission: Programmer message
At the end of the level, enter the head of the Statue of Liberty to see a programmer message in lights.
"Soviet Domination" mission: Police station weapons
After talking to the policeman at the end of the tunnel, crouch, then walk directly forward to the left of the wall. You will see an open door. Walk in it towards the underground parking garage. Near most police cars there will be a shotgun. Be careful, because there are enemies.
"Soviet Domination": Sniping location
Go to post office building located opposite of the fuel depot. There will be Soviet soldiers on the first floor. On the second floor will be sniper rifle in a open room. A table in there will have ammunition for that weapon.
"Thin Ice mission": Kill your own soldiers
- Your first objective is to destroy the ventilation shaft so that your troops can roll up inside. After you complete the objective, send one of your troops to the middle of the destroyed fans. Then, throw a grenade at them. Some will just duck and when the grenade explodes; they will fall down and die.
- To kill your own soldiers on this level, simply order one of them to go to the edge of the ice. Then either throw a grenade by him, or go over to him and punch him. Eventually he will fall in the water and freeze to death. The best way may be to get a rocket launcher (use the ioirocket code if needed) as well as the Flymo Ragdoll ioifkymo code. Shoot the rocket near the man. He will fly in the air then fall into the water. It will take him a long time to get up, but when he does he automatically dies.
- Go to the edge of the level and tell your people to defend. Step back and enable the ioirocket code. Shoot them and they will fall into the water and die.
"Winter Revolt" mission: Resistance members
At the start of the high school mission, you will see a trash container in front of you. On it will be an aid kit. Climb on the container, then climb on the ventilation pipes until you enter an open window. Go down the stairs and you will find four fighters waiting for you.
Defeating General Tatarin
To easily kill General Tatarin on your first trip to Governors Island, sneak down to where you have to go right over all the barriers. Take out those troops and look for a wall that is shorter than the buildings beside it. Try to look over the barrier to see a basement entrance. Then, look for a window that has a light behind it. Enable the "Rocket launcher" code. Fire at the window and the "Killed Tatarin" message should appear. Then, run away quickly. Alternately, walk down the same way, but get on top of the crates. There will be a guardrail where the first fence segment ends. If you are lucky, you can jump to it, climb the rail, and find the door. You will fight various opponents and finally the General. If you enable the "Blind Enemies" code, it will be a lot easier, and you can kill General Tatarin with any weapon.
Some missions may seem very difficult because enemies enter faster than you can shoot them. If this happens, examine the mission map. Do the sub-missions in the correct order. For example, it is usually best to first destroy the helipads and bridges, and possibly the electricity supply (to make night missions easier). After completing those tasks, the main mission is usually very easy to complete. It is not always a good idea to save at each possible location, because you can only enter the mission area from that same location.
While playing the game, notice that Chris' hair gets
longer with every mission.
As you play through the game, reward posters will appear
for your capture. As you get to farther levels, the reward listed
on the poster grows.
3600 round machine gun
At any level before the stage where you have to kill
General Tatarin, go to the rebel base. Go in circles around it
to find a machine gun that has 3600 rounds.
- Play the level where you liberate the fire station. When you go to the railroad to blow the bridge, when you first get down there you will see a derailed boxcar with the IO logo and "47 UNITED".
- Play the level where you seize the police station. From where you start, go to the streets. On the one corner is a red, white, and blue diner with the name of "OG's". On top is a billboard for a men's suit designer, featuring 47.
- At the very start of the game when you are looking out the window and the helicopter arrives, run into the second room on your right and turn your camera. Look at the wall near the kitchen. You will see a picture of Agent 47 on the poster.
Later in the game, Tatiana Kampinski (the news lady)
states that the Freedom Phantom has been unmasked. However, if
you look at some of the wanted posters near the bottom with binoculars
or a sniper scope, it will read "AKA: Chris".
Strategy guides from GameFAQs