Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "gothic.ini" file in the game folder. Change the "test mode 0" entry to "test mode 1" to enable cheat mode. Press one of the following keys during game play to activate the corresponding cheat function.
|Display console|| |
|Window mode|| |
|Normal mode|| |
|Fixed camera view|| |
|Floating camera view|| |
|Cycle through game sections|| |
|Full health and mana|| |
|Get injured|| |
|Spin around|| |
|Drop into ground|| |
tficfe yebur stceyitn
Cheat mode (alternate)
Note: These codes require the v1.07 patch. Press B (or S in earlier versions of the game) during game play to display the starting menu. Type marvin to enable cheat mode. Press [F2] during game play to display the console window. Type one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function.
|God mode||cheat god|
|Restore HP||cheat eat|
|Kill target||cheat kill|
|Artifact for quest||lichtbringer|
|Spawn indicated item||insert <item name>|
|Toggle all cheats||autocomplement|
|Load position||load position|
|Load game||load game|
|Display game version||version|
|Teleport to waypoint||goto waypoint|
|Teleport to the castle||goto pos|
|Teleport to Xardas' tower||goto vob|
|Move player to camera location||goto camera|
|Move to waypoint by easiest route; always changes||aigoto waypoint|
|Move to castle by easiest route; move to cave entrance when inside||goto pos|
|Move to waypoint by easiest route; always changes||goto vob|
|Move to camera locationby easiest route||goto camera|
|Set guild||set guild <guildname>|
|Set trueguild||set trueguild <guildname>|
|Set clipping range||set clippingrange <1-3>|
|Recipe for Dexter||kalomsrecipe|
Please submit more details about the unknown information.
, , , , and
Move player to camera location
Note: This code requires the v1.08j patch. Load a saved
game. Press B once in the game to display the player stats.
Note: Press S in earlier versions of the game. With the
player stat screen displayed, type marvin. You will not
see your entry. Do not press [Enter]. Instead, immediately
press B (or S) again. The player stats screen will
disappear and "MARVIN-MODE" will appear in the upper
left-hand corner in white text. Press [F2] to display the
game console (a black stripe across the top of the screen with
a command line). It is recommended you enable the cheat god
code to enable God mode. Press [F6], then hold [Up]
or [Down] to move. Use the mouse for further control movement.
The camera will move away from your character. You can fly the
camera around as high as you want, through objects, etc. To speed
up, hold [Shift]. Then, at the console prompt, type goto
camera. Press [F4] to position the camera back behind
your character. If you cannot seem to move, press [F8]
to drop back into position correctly.
Take over other bodies
- Note: This code requires the v1.08j patch. Load a saved game. Press B once in the game to display the player stats. With the player stat screen displayed, type marvin. You will not see your entry. Do not press [Enter]. Instead, immediately press B again. The player stats screen will disappear and "MARVIN-MODE" will appear in the upper left-hand corner in white text. Press [F8]. You will move forward once. Press [F8] again. You now flip to another body. Press [F11]. You now inhabit that body. You can (more or less) do what you usually do (except talk to NPCs in a meaningful way) unless you are a "babe" object or an animal of one kind or another. Note: If you decide to be a babe, you are very limited in what you can and cannot do. Gomez does not like it when his babes walk out the front door. Note: If you walk too far away from the "me" object (your actual player character), then the "me" object will disappear permanently and you will have to reload the game. If you reload a game and press [F8] again while in Marvin mode, the game dies and you have to relaunch the game after killing it in the Windows Task Manager.
- Note: For earlier versions of the game, load a saved game. Press S once in the game to display the player stats. With the player stat screen displayed, type marvin. You will not see your entry. Do not press [Enter]. Instead, immediately press S again. Look at a person. When you can see their name and health bar, press O and you will control them. Note: If you are an NPC and they walk or stand guard or if a babe and you take a bath or try to please Gomez and you press O again, you will have their inventory bar, which makes it difficult to see.
- Note: When you take over another body, the NPC that you take over will be invincible, but your original body can be hurt.
- Enable the marvin code. Face a locked door and press K. Note: You may fall though the ground and will be unable to get back up, unless you find water.
- If you fell through the ground when doing this trick, press [F8] several times to recover.
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "gothic.ini" file in the game folder. Change the "bloodDetail 1" entry to "bloodDetail 3".
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file;
create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Version 1.08j
was censored for American audiences. However, you can turn the
censor off by going into the "/data" folder and renaming
or deleting the "textures_bikini.vdf" file. The bathing
woman in the castle will now be nude.
Press [F2] during game play to display the console window. Type edit abilities to display a menu of all your character's attributes. "lp" corresponds to skill, "xp" to experience points, "xp_next" to the experience points needed for the next level, "level" to your current level, "voice_pitch" to your vocal pitch, and "guild" to your guild number.
Note: You can only use this trick to raise your level.
Quick level increase
Enable cheat mode and enter the "Edit Abilities"
screen. Set your level to "0". If you fight an Orc or
a Snapper/Biter, you will gain a level very quickly.
Weapon code warnings
- If you are not in God mode and you insert someone's weapons, such as Lee's Axe, Innos Rage: Gomez, RedWind: Y'borron, and others, they will attack you. Y'barron has the Pyrokennesis spell, which will freeze your character. When he runs out of mana, he stops and you can walk away. However, you cannot go into the exit menu, to save, etc.
- If you try to insert Ore Armor, including the Improved, it will fail and will freeze your game.
- If you insert someone's weapons, excluding the bastard swords, the person who sees you will say "Using my weapon eh? I'll teach you", and then punch you out. You cannot get back up.
Chapter 5: Easy experience
Enter the collapsed old mine with the use of the "walk
through walls" code. The game will see it as Chapter 2, with
all the people and items, and as the Chapter5 where the guards
and Templars are trying to skin you. If you are invincible, you
can kill everyone, mug them, and get lots of experience from the
whole ordeal. The gate guard, who opens the gate to the mine crawlers,
is still invulnerable, but you can Charm him. If you get lost,
enable the goto pos code to return to the entrance.
If you want to pickpocket, sneak behind someone while
unarmed. Press [Ctrl] + [Up]. You will have little
time, and if they catch you, they run to a guard or an invulnerable
You use the Orc Hammer to kill Trolls and Stone/Bridge
Golems very easily.
Castle armory key
Barthalol has the key to the armory in the castle.
You can take control of him and have him drop it.
If you have someone drop an item that you want, make
sure they do not see you pick it up. You can control someone to
have them drop their armor. Then, make them get attacked, or draw
attention while you pick up their dropped items.
Summon one Golem and three Armies Of Darkness, then just wait. The Golem will attack the Army Of Darkness and you will gain the experience. You can then attack it for experience. It will not attack back.
Early in the game, you will need to get ore or valuable items to trade. Because you need ore to learn how to collect most of the valuable parts off creatures (who are also difficult to kill), one of the easiest ways to make some early profits is to find the Sect Camp member in the Old Camp who is willing to show you the way to the Sect Camp. Follow him. He will take care of any creatures you encounter. Once at the Sect Camp, find the blacksmith. Note: If you go to the left once you are in the camp, you will eventually wind your way around to it. Trade whatever you have for as much raw steel as you can buy. Go over to the forge and heat the steel. Note: You can quickly heat all your steel by tapping [Action] repeatedly. Then, go to the anvil and tap them all once with a hammer. Dunk them all in the water and barely touch them to the grindstone. You can quickly sell each of these crude swords back to the blacksmith for 10 ore more than it cost to buy the raw steel for them. Repeat this as many times as desired to accumulate tradable swords in order to get items and ore. Note: If you get all of the blacksmith's raw steel, close the deal and offer to trade again. He will usually have at least five new raw steel again.
- In some versions of the game, you can get unlimited strength and dexterity. First, press S then type marvin quickly. Press S again to activate cheat mode, then get the Ring Of Strength or any other rings. Put them on and off. When they are taken off, the effect of the ring should remain.
- To get past 100 dexterity, mana, and strength, just enable the insert ud or insert shamon codes. They both have the best things that increase mana, dexterity, and strenth, plus a lot of food, weapons, scrolls, runes, ore, etc.
Gorn will go crazy in the free mine and attack you.
However if you run away and tell him to guard the entrance, he
will get off your back.
If you take over Snaf the chef, you will not see a
bunch of stews, ragouts, and food. Snaf only has them when you
ask for some, and it spawns.
Lock combinations are solely made up of left or right movements that remain the same between saves. You can simply save and reload the game while picking any pickable lock without spending any skill points on lockpicking. To do this, get a pair of lockpicks. Find a locked chest. Make sure no one can see you. Save the game. Use the lockpick and choose left or right. If you fail and the lock breaks, reload the game and use the opposite choice. Repeat this until the enter combination is entered correctly.
If you take control of someone and enable the edit abilities code, you will see at the top their code. It will be something like: <guild abreviation>_<number> Enable the insert code (like when getting items) and that code. That person will spawn in front of you. Your player character also has a code. When controlling someone, if they disappear just enter their code and you will have a level 0 hero character spawn in front of you. This can also be helpful for getting tutor characters and key characters you may have killed, though most key characters are invincible (such as Thorus, Diego, and Gomez). Note: Some characters such as your player character and Diego have codes different from the normal characters, such as the diggers. Their codes are usually are something like: PC_<something>
- If you transform into a Bloodfly and try to fly off a cliff to another, you will fall down. The Bloodfly must stay a certain distance from the ground.
- Transform into Shadowbeast. You cannot go into the daylight. You will run from it.
- If you are transformed into an animal and insert the same animal, you will turn back into yourself because you pressed [Enter].
If you are smelting pure ore to make crude swords,
repeatedly press "Use" ([Ctrl] + [Cursor Up]).
The game forgets to take your sword for it, and gives you up to
10 to 50 times the rate of swords.
If you take someone's armor and they do not see you,
they will not care if you are using it.
No damage after fall
- When you fall or jump off willingly from a high area, hold one of the [Strafe] keys just before you hit the ground. Your character will reset, stand up, then go back to falling. When you land, you will not take any damage or die.
- When falling from high places, press [Cursor Right] and you will not get hurt.
Kill a Scavenger in order to get some raw meat. Then, go to the old camp and find a pan somewhere there. There should be one somewhere near the south gate exit. Stand in front of the pan so the name is selected, go into your inventory, and select the meat. Hold [Use] and press [Up] as if you are going to use the meat. You will then kneel in front of the pan. Do not press [Up] to cook the meat. Instead, release [Use] and you will stand back up. Check your inventory and you will find you have double of what you started with. Keep repeating this to double it each time.
Guards in the old camp
In the old camp, you can enter the castle gate without
a grant or giving money to the guard. Draw your weapon and run
past the guards. Instead of stopping you, they will just yell.
Once you are in, put away your weapon so that other guards do
Strategy guides from GameFAQs