Half-Life 2: Episode One (PC)
Add to this page!
Open Steam, go to your "Play Games" menu,
and select Half-Life 2: Episode One. Right click on it and select
"Properties". Click the "Launch Options" button
then type -console. Click "Ok", then close. Double
click "Half-Life 2: Episode One" to start the game.
Once it is loaded and you are playing, press ~ to display
the console window. Then, enter sv_cheats 1 and press [Enter]
to enable cheat mode. You can now enter the following codes at
the console window. Also, any code can be used as a command line
parameter by prefixing it with the "-" character. Note:
For games that were downloaded from Steam, to use cheats in single
player mode, start the game with the -applaunch -dev -tconsole
command line parameter. Additionally, most other codes from the
original Half-Life 2 can be used.
|God mode (server only)||god|
|Spawn indicated item||give <item name>|
| Full ammo for current weapon; only refills secondary ammo|
if it was last fired; does not refill empty weapons
|Reduce your health||buddha|
|Damage player||hurtme <amount>|
|All weapons||impulse 101|
|Ignored by NPCs||notarget|
|Walk through objects (server only)||noclip|
|Load indicated map||map <map name>|
|Spawn indicated NPC||npc_create <name>|
|Set max ammo for .357 Magnum||sk_max_357 <number>|
|Set max ammo for Pulse Rifle||sk_max_ar2 <number>|
|Set max ammo for Pulse Rifle energy orbs||sk_max_ar2_altfire <number>|
|Set max ammo for shotgun||sk_max_buckshot <number>|
|Set max ammo for crossbow||sk_max_crossbow <number>|
|Set max ammo for hand grenades||sk_max_grenade <number>|
|Set max ammo for pistol||sk_max_pistol <number>|
|Set max ammo for RPG||sk_max_rpg_round <number>|
|Set max ammo for submachine gun||sk_max_smg1 <number>|
|Set max ammo for SMG grenades||sk_max_smg1_grenade <number>|
|Set damage value for pistol||sk_plr_dmg_pistol <number>|
|Set damage value for .357 Magnum||sk_plr_dmg_357 <number>|
|Set damage value for Pulse Rifle||sk_plr_dmg_ar2 <number>|
|Set damage value for shotgun||sk_plr_dmg_buckshot <number>|
|Set damage value for crossbow||sk_plr_dmg_crossbow <number>|
|Set damage value for crowbar||sk_plr_dmg_crowbar <number>|
|Set damage value for grenades||sk_plr_dmg_grenade <number>|
|Set damage value for RPG rockets||sk_plr_dmg_rpg_round <number>|
|Set damage value for submachine gun||sk_plr_dmg_smg1 <number>|
|Set damage value for SMG grenades||sk_plr_dmg_smg1_grenade <number>|
|Enable use of wired Xbox 360 controller||exec 360controller|
Use one of the following entries with the map code.
|Looking up at the citadel (glitch)||ep1_background01|
|Looking in the car garage (glitch)||ep1_background01a|
|Looking off into the damaged City 17 (glitch)||ep1_background02|
|Beginning of Chapter 3||ep1_c17_00|
|City 17 after the first load point||ep1_c17_00a|
|Beginning of Chapter 4||ep1_c17_01|
|Chapter 4 City 17 after the first load point||ep1_c17_02|
|Chapter 4 City 17 after the second load point||ep1_c17_02a|
|Chapter 4 City 17 after the third load point||ep1_c17_02b|
|Last Chapter near the end||ep1_c17_06|
|Citadel after the first load point||ep1_citadel_01|
|Citadel after the second load point||ep1_citadel_02|
|Citadel before the lift ride||ep1_citadel_02b|
|Citadel after the third load point||ep1_citadel_03|
|Near the end of the Citadel||ep1_citadel_04|
Use one of the following entries with the npc_create code.
- Alyx: npc_alyx
- Antlion guard: npc_antlionguard
- Antlion: npc_antlion
- Barnacle: npc_barnacle
- Barney: npc_barney
- Breen: npc_breen
- Ceiling Turret: npc_turret_ceiling
- City 17 Citizen: npc_citizen
- Combine Scanner: npc_cscanner
- Combine Soldier: npc_combine_s
- Crow: npc_crow
- Dog: npc_dog
- Fast Zombie: npc_fastzombie
- Hunter (early version): npc_hunter
- Pigeon: npc_pigeon
- Seagull: npc_seagull
- Stalker: npc_stalker
- Strider: npc_strider
- Vortigaunt: npc_vortigaunt
- Zombie without legs: npc_zombie_torso
- Zombie: npc_zombie
- Zombine (Combine Zombie): npc_zombine
Use one of the following entries with the give code.
- Black Hole grenade: weapon_hopwire
Complete the following tasks to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", then search for a game hub. Select the "View Stats" dropdown, then the option for your username's achievements.
- Attica!: Destroy the gunship in the hospital attic.
- Car Crusher: Use the cars to squash 15 antlions in Episode One.
- Citizen Escort: Don't let any citizens die when escorting them to the escape train.
- Conservationist: Kill five enemies with the same energy ball.
- Containment: Contain the Citadel core.
- Elevator Action: Survive long enough to get on the parking garage elevator.
- Escape From City 17: Escape city 17 with alyx.
- Live Bait: Help Alyx snipe 30 enemies in Episode One.
- Pacifist: Contain the Citadel core without killing any stalkers.
- The One Free Bullet: Finish the game firing exactly one bullet. Grenade, crowbar, rocket, and Gravity Gun kills are okay!
- Think Fast!: Kill an Elite Soldier with his own energy ball.
- Watch Your Head!: Make it to the bottom of the Citadel's main elevator shaft in one piece.
- Zombie-que: Use flares to light 15 zombies on fire.
Successfully complete the game. Start a new game and choose a level to get an option to play it with an audio commentary track.
webwme ttaefaa gvnebg
Defeating the Strider
After you climb the ladder and get up on the platform, you will notice a box containing rockets behind one of the metal sheets. If you get on it, you will be able to see a small part of the Strider but it will not see you. Observe its pattern of movement and fire a rocket just before it takes a new position. You will not miss by doing this. Keep firing at it until your cover breaks down. Until then you can easily score about five hits on it without losing any life. Then, move behind another metal sheet and finish off the Strider easily with one or two hits.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs