Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC)
Add to this page!
Use one of the following methods to enable the console window.
- Go to Half-Life 2: Episode 2 in your "Games" tab in the Steam window. Right click and go to "Properties". In the Properties window, select "Set launch options". Add "-console" and click "OK".
- Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "ep2cfgconfig.cfg" file in the game directory. Set the value of the "con_enable" line to "1". Check the "toggleconsole" line to make sure it is bound to a key (default is `).
Press ~ during game play to display the console window and type sv_cheats 1 to enable cheat mode. Then, enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. You can also display the debug menu by pressing [Shift] + 1. Additionally, most other codes from the original Half-Life 2 can be used.
|Disable cheat mode||sv_cheats 0|
|Toggle enemy artificial intelligence||ai_disable|
|Toggle Buddha mode, damage does not result in death||buddha|
|Toggle God mode||god|
|Lose indicated number of health points||hurtme <number>|
|All weapons and ammunition||impulse 101|
|Wireframe mode||mat_wireframe 1|
|No clipping mode||noclip|
|Toggle ignored by enemies||notarget|
|Display damage done to enemy in wireframe mode||r_modelwireframedecal 1|
|Allows no clipping while game is paused||sv_noclipduringpause 1|
|Unlimited auxiliary power||sv_infinite_aux_power 1|
|Shows trigger brushes when set to 0||showtriggers 0|
|Bind key to console command||bind|
|Toggle display of frame rate and filename of current map||cl_showfps <0 or 1>|
|Toggle current position and angle display||cl_showpos <0 or 1>|
|Toggle crosshair||crosshair <0 or 1>|
|Display current positional co-ordinates||getpos|
|Spawn item, one time only||give <name>|
| Full ammo for current weapon; only refills secondary ammo|
if it was last fired; does not refill empty weapons
|Ragdolls do not clip through other ragdolls||cl_ragdoll_collide 1|
|Save screenshot to "episodicscreenshots.<number>"||jpeg|
|Load indicated map to a specific map||'map' <name>|
|List map names||maps *|
|Level performance tools||perfui 1|
|Play back existing demo||playdemo|
|Records a demo of your game||record|
|Reload current save file||reload|
|Restart the current level||restart|
|Set view direction||setang|
|Set position on the map||setpos <coordinates>|
|Shake your character||shake|
|Stop demo recording||stop|
|Set gravity; default is "600"||sv_gravity <number>|
|Enable use of wired Xbox 360 controller||exec 360controller|
Use one of the following entries with the npc_create code.
|NPC or object||Code|
|City 17 Citizen||npc_citizen|
|Zombie without legs||npc_zombie_torso|
|Zombine (Combine Zombie)||npc_zombine|
Binding cheats to keys
- Display the console window and type sv_cheats 1 to enable cheat mode. Then, type bind followed by a space and the key you wish to bind the code to. Finally, type another space followed by the code. For example, enter bind f12 notarget or bind p ai_disable.
- Some codes cannot be bound to a key. To bind them, you must edit your config file. Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Go to your game directory. Open the "hl2" folder, then the "cfg" folder. Open the config_default file in a text editor. This will be used as a template. Using the same structure, enter the bindings in the following example (the last line is the new entry).
bind "PAUSE" "pause" bind "z" "+zoom" bind "g" "phys_swap" bind "F12" "sk_max_crossbow 999"
- To do this, type bind "F12" press [Tab] three times, and add the cheat command in quotes. After doing this, select all the text under "unbindall" and copy it. Save and close the file. Then, go back to the game directory. Open the "ep2" folder then the "cfg" folder. Open the file "config" in a text editor. You can edit this file directly but you must be able to add the symbols where needed. Paste the previously copied text under the already existing text and save the file. Start the game. Display the console window and type sv_cheats 1 to enable cheat mode. Close the console and press your bound key and it should have activated its defined code.
Using cheats and unlocking achievements
- You normally cannot use cheats and unlock achievements. You can use the following key bind commands at the console window to get around this. For God mode, enter the Bind' <key> '"sv_cheats 1; wait; god; wait; wait; wait; sv_cheats 0" console command. For all weapons, enter the Bind' <key> '"sv_cheats 1; wait; impulse 101; wait; wait; wait; sv_cheats 0" console command.
- Start a game, type sv_cheats 1, enable the god and impulse 101code. Use the sk_max code followed by givecurrentammo for lots of ammunition (for example, sk_max_pistol 999). By doing this you do not have to worry about running out. After this is done, save the game and exit the game completely. Restart the game. Load the game you just saved and continue play. You will be a one-man army, invincible and equipped with ammo, and achievements will be unlocked during game play. Note: You may need to enable the givecurrentammo code for each weapon to have the quantity you specified in the sk_max_<weapon> <number> code.
Complete the listed task to unlock the corresponding Steam achievement. To view for "Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC)". Choose the "View Stats" option on the drop down list, then choose the option that will list the achievements for your username.
- Acid Reflex: Kill an acid Antlion worker.
- Bone Breaker: Kill 30 enemies with thrown physics objects.
- Cache Checker: Find every radar cache in chapter Under the Radar. (Video)
- Deadly Harvest: Kill an enemy by planting a hopper mine.
- Defense of the Armament: Save the missile silo from the Combine offensive.
- Get Some Grub: Squish every Antlion grub in Episode Two.
- Gordon Propelled Rocket: Unlock the rocket launcher lambda cache in chapter Under the Radar. (Video)
- Grave Robber: Steal a Zombine's grenade.
- Gunishment!: Destroy the Combine cannon in the junkyard.
- Hit and Run: Run over 20 enemies with the car in Episode Two.
- Hot Potat0wned: Kill a Combine soldier with his own grenade.
- Into the Breach: Help Griggs and Sheckley hold off the antlion invasion inside the mine shaft.
- Little Rocket Man: Send the garden gnome into space.
- Meet the Hunters: Survive the Hunter ambush with Alyx.
- Neighborhood Watch: Save all buildings outside the missile silo from destruction. (Video)
- Payback: Kill a Hunter with its own flechettes.
- Pedal to the Metal: Beat DOG in a race to the White Forest base.
- Piñata Party: Find and break every web cache in Episode Two. (Video)
- Puttin' on a Clinic: Defeat the chopper in Episode Two without any misses.
- Quiet Mountain Getaway: Survive the ambush at White Forest Inn.
- Secondary Silo Secured: Secure the launch doors on missile silo 2.
- Twofer: Defeat both Antlion guards outside the White Forest.
Set the system date to October 31. After you are ambushed by Hunters and Combine at a big house, drive along the road. Near where the supply cache is found you will see an old truck. Go up to it. There will be lots of pumpkins lying on the ground.
See G-man disappear
G-man can be seen in the "Under The Radar" episode, entering the White Forest Inn immediately after the cache in the small cave. Once you get the cache, get in your car and drive into the two dead trees past the guard rail. Use the turbo just when you are between them, then follow the road. You will see him enter the inn and, if your timing is good enough and you do not crash into anything, disappear. This may require several attempts.
Created by jer9carver.
When you enter the White Forest base, you meet a Vortigaunt in a lab coat named Uriah. When you first enter the room where you meet Uriah, there is a gas tank against the back wall. Behind that tank is a small room with a computer that has a sequence of numbers on it. This is a reference to the show Lost that Gabe Newell added due to the fact that he and the creator of Lost were close friends.
Just inside the room where you watch the video from Judith, look next to the door to see a caged area with boxes. Destroy or remove the boxes in order to find a cover for a HEV charging station, just like in the original Half-Life. (Screenshot)
Strategy guides from GameFAQs