Purchase every single helmet and every helmet permutation. You will unlock a bonus helmet called the "Haunted Helmet". It is a helmet with an open visor that shows your character's face as a skull.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding nameplate. To activate it, log into Bungie.net, select "Account", then "Game Settings", then "Nameplates".
- Assault rifle: Play the Halo Reach Beta in May 2010.
- Bungie: Activate blue flames through the Bungie Mobile iPhone/iPod app.
- Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR): Subscribe to the Bungie Pro hosting service.
- HALO: Unlock the Original Halo logo, Halo 2 logo and Halo 3 logo nameplates.
- Halo 2 logo: Play Halo 2 on Xbox Live before April 15, 2010.
- Halo 3 logo: Play any Campaign level in Halo 3 on Xbox Live.
- Marathon Durandal symbol: Have Marathon Durandal in your recently played games list and login at Bungie.net.
- MJOLNIR Mk VI helmet logo: Unlock any four of the Halo PC, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST or Halo Reach Beta nameplates.
- ODST logo: Play Halo 3:ODST on Xbox Live.
- Original Halo logo: Register your Halo PC product code at Bungie.net.
- The Septagon symbol: Join Bungie.net and login with your Gamertag's email address.
- Star: Activate through the Bungie Mobile iPhone/iPod app.
Collect the indicated amount of credits to unlock the corresponding rank.
- Recruit: 0 credits
- Private: 7,500 credits
- Corporal: 10,000 credits (+2,500 credits)
- Corporal Grade 1: 15,000 credits (+5,000 credits)
- Sergeant: 20,000 credits (+5,000 credits)
- Sergeant Grade 1: 26,250 credits (+6,250 credits)
- Sergeant Grade 2: 32,500 credits (+6,250 credits)
- Warrant Officer: 45,000 credits (+12,500 credits)
- Warrant Officer Grade 1: 78,000 credits (+33,000 credits)
- Warrant Officer Grade 2: 111,000 credits (+33,000 credits)
- Warrant Officer Grade 3: 144,000 credits (+33000 credits)
- Captain: 210,000 credits (+66,000 credits)
- Captain Grade 1: 233,000 credits (+23,000 credits)
- Captain Grade 2: 256,000 credits (+23,000 credits)
- Captain Grade 3: 279,000 credits (+23,000 credits)
- Major: 325,000 credits (+46,000 credits)
- Major Grade 1: 350,000 credits (+25,000 credits)
- Major Grade 2: 375,000 credits (+25,000 credits)
- Major Grade 3: 400,000 credits (+25,000 credits)
- Lt. Colonel: 450,000 credits (+50,000 credits)
- Lt. Colonel Grade 1: 480,000 credits (+30,000 credits)
- Lt. Colonel Grade 2: 510,000 credits (+30,000 credits)
- Lt. Colonel Grade 3: 540,000 credits (+30,000 credits)
- Commander: 600,000 credits (+60,000 credits)
- Commander Grade 1: 650,000 credits (+50,000 credits)
- Commander Grade 2: 700,000 credits (+50,000 credits)
- Commander Grade 3: 750,000 (+50,000 credits)
- Colonel: 850,000 credits (+100,000 credits)
- Colonel Grade 1: 960,000 credits (+110,000 credits)
- Colonel Grade 2: 1,070,000 credits (+110,000 credits)
- Colonel Grade 3: 1,180,000 credits (+110,000 credits)
- Brigadier: 1,400,000 credits (+220,000 credits)
- Brigadier Grade 1: 1,520,000 credits (+120,000 credits)
- Brigadier Grade 2: 1,640,000 credits (+120,000 credits)
- Brigadier Grade 3: 1,760,000 credits (+120,000 credits)
- General: 2,000,000 credits (+240,000 credits)
- General Grade 1: 2,200,000 credits (+200,000 credits)
- General Grade 2: 2,350,000 credits (+150,000 credits)
- General Grade 3: 2,500,000 credits (+150,000 credits)
- General Grade 4: 2,650,000 credits (+150,000 credits)
- Field Marshall: 3,000,000 credits (+350,000 credits)
- Hero: 3,700,000 credits (+700,000 credits)
- Legend: 4,600,000 credits (+900,000 credits)
- Mythic: 5,650,000 credits (+1,050,000 credits)
- Noble: 7,000,000 credits (+1,350,000 credits)
- Eclipse: 8,500,000 credits (+1,500,000 credits)
- Nova: 11,000,000 credits (+2,500,000 credits)
- Forerunner: 13,000,000 credits (+2,000,000 credits)
- Reclaimer: 16,500,000 credits (+3,500,000 credits)
- Inheritor: 20,000,000 credits (+3,500,000 credits)
Get detailed help in our Halo: Reach forum.
Lower your gun
Hold Down + RB + [Reload] + [Switch Grenade] in a local game.
Faster melee attacks
Press RB then quickly press X + RB.
With an automatic weapon, crouch and press Select. The gun will fire repeatedly.
Auto fast forward in Theater mode
Hold RT, press Start, release RT, and press Start to automatically fast forward your replay until you pause it or press RT.
Set up a game of Forge. Set THE timer for 1 hour, then end the game. you will get a total of 3654 creditS if you win the game. After "Captain" rank, you will receive just over 4,100 credits for an hour long game if you win. Repeat the process for easy credits.
Reducing falling damage
Get into a crouch about two thirds of the way down from a high fall.
Easy anti-air cannon kills
When the time arrives to take out the giant anti-air cannons (in the "Tip Of The Spear" or "The Package" missions), the usual strategy is to run in on foot, clear out the enemies, blast the core with a grenade or some other explosive, then make a run for it before the cannon blows up with you inside. Instead, try to highjack a Wraith or Revenant. Once one of those two vehicles have been obtained, you can easily destroy the cannon without stepping foot inside. Use the vehicle's mortar blast anywhere on the outside of the anti-air cannon's structure; it does not matter where you hit it or how far away you are from the cannon. That single mortar blast will destroy the cannon. If you listen closely, after that mortar blast hits the cannon you can hear the alarm blaring as if you had gone in on foot to destroy the power core.
Change object colors
You can change the colors of certain objects. When holding an object, press X and highlight "Change object color". Only the Mongoose changes color. All other vehicles do not.
Quickly scale objects
Find a surface that is slanted slightly; not perfectly vertical, but not horizontal. You can use Evade to quickly scale the object. You can also jump to it from several stories up, thus surviving a fall. For example, on "Forge World" you can jump from the high mountains located to the left of the waterfall to the slightly tilted rocks below. Note: Your speed also affects the likelihood of your death. Hitting these rocks will slow you down, and are tilted so you do not technically "hit" the ground. Use Evade to get to small spaces, and quickly scale objects.
"Countdown": Radio transmissions
When playing on Countdown in multi-player mode, find the ramp between the two energy shafts were the Energy Sword is located. Turn towards the rest of the map then move to your right. Exit the room with the energy shaft and move towards the corner to your right by walking across the bridge to the east past the Energy Sword. Remain at that location until you begin to hear radio transmissions. Note: The radio is in the eastern corner of that location.
"Lone Wolf": Take out Covenant cruiser with MAC cannon
This trick works under any difficulty setting. At the very end of the last mission, when it is time to get in the giant MAC cannon to take out the Covenant cruiser before it destroys the Pillar of Autumn, hide behind the cannon instead of hopping inside. All the Phantoms will hover in front of the cannon and will not shoot at you while you are hiding. Wait until you see the cruiser in the distance starting up its primary weapon, then quickly move to the ladder for the MAC cannon and hop inside. The Phantoms will start shooting now; ignore them and quickly take aim and blast the Covenant cruiser. The final video sequence should begin playing immediately afterwards.
"New Alexandria": Club Errera alternate music
Start mission 7 and reach Club Errera. Return to the hospital. Fly to one of the ledges below the normal entrance. You should see a green light at the correct ledge. Activate it and return to Club Errera. When you walk in, the song "Never Surrender" will be playing. To change the music again, return to your Falcon and fly to the roof of Club Errera. Activate the switch located there to hear the song "Siege of Madrigal" at Club Errera. Note: Return to the dance club after it is cleared to see a Brute DJ and bartender, and interesting behavior from the Grunts.
"New Alexandria": Flyable Pelican and Phantom
Created by NobleSquad.
Start the level from the beginning and progress until the part where you have to defend the ONI Tower near the end of the mission. Note: Get a jetpack from Club Errera when you destroy the jammer there, or behind the Jammer in the hospital if needed. Do not die or the jetpack will be lost. After destroying all the jammers and are told to defend ONI Tower, fly over to Club Errera in a Falcon and follow the procedure in the video.
"New Alexandria": Jetpack locations
Created by NS5 X.
"Oni: Sword Base": Reach Racer
Play mission 3 with two players in a co-op match. There are two hidden switches that are marked as "doors" that you can open. Both of them can be found after Rally Point Alpha (where you must destroy the Wraiths). Switch "A" is on the coast of the water southeast of the buildings with a pair of switches that you must activate. The switch on some rocks near the frozen waterfall. The message "Hold X to Open Door" will appear when you are in the correct location. Note: Reload your weapon before finding it. Switch "B" is past the AA cannon in the next area. Search for the pile of rocks with some trees on it that overlooks the walled complex on the ice that is below the area. With both players standing at those locations, press X simultaneously. The message "REACH RACER" will appear. You will be transported to the Oni: Sword Base with two Gauss Cannon Warthogs. You can race the other player through a course marked by red waypoints. The losing Warthog will explode at the end of the race.
"The Package": Dr. Halsey's office
Play the mission with two players under the Legendary difficulty setting. Skip to Rally Point Bravo and continue until Dr. Halsey announces that her lab is open. Do not enter the lab or use the panel on the door to end the mission. Get an unmarked Jet Pack from the wall at the northern side of the lab entrance area. Have one player remain in a safe location and have the other player fly to the far eastern line of buildings. Run up the ramp and turn left (north). Notice the fenced-off area on the upper level lines the out-of-bounds region to the northeast. Drop off the northeastern corner and carefully move towards the rocky out-of-bounds area below. Do not touch it. Hover above it and search for a panel with a green light which you can access on a girder. Press X to activate it. This opens a door on the north side of Halsey's lab entrance. Some Elites with Energy Swords will appear from there. Fly over them or run a Ghost through them, then enter the open door. You will be transported to a hallway. Follow the hallway to the lab area, where you can see hidden features including old Halo artwork and data panels with joke text.
Created by Robbaz.
Select Forgeworld and any map. Walk to the edge of the hangar and zoom your view into the background with a weapon, where you see Halo orbiting. Look closely at the base of the ring to see the face of Chris Carney in the clouds of the Halo.
Master Chief reference
Select the "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission, which is the tenth mission. Set the difficulty to normal, and start at Rally Point Bravo. Once you take control over the big laser cannon, fight off all the Phantoms until a cinematic featuring a Covenant Battle Cruiser exploding and The Pillar of Autumn starting to take off. Once the cinematic begins, hold the Right Analog-stick Right. At the part where the Pelican is coming inside the ship, your camera will automatically move to the right, and you will see the Master Chief in Cryo sleep, inside a Cryo Tube wearing his Mark V armor.
When you are in the vehicle after the "Winter Contingency" mission, look at the wing on the right to see the Philadelphia Phillies logo.
- When you complete the "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission, wait for the credits to end. Once The loading object will turn into a different shape. Most people will not notice it, but it is a "7". This is a reference to Bungie's favorite number.
- The highest existing rank is "Legend" but Bungie added 7 additional ranks, which are Mythic, Noble, Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer and Inheritor. This is another reference to Bungie's favorite number.
- Proceed through the "Winter Contingency" mission. Once you get to the part where Noble 2 or Kat is trying to shut the door, go inside and go through the hallway until you find the dead person on the floor. Kat will tell you to "Check his dead body", or something to that effect. A cinematic will begin. Let it play. When Kat kicks the assault rifle over to you and your character picks it up, look on the assault rifle's ammo. It has Bungie's favorite number on it.
Easy "Banshees, Fast And Low" achievement
On the "Exodus" mission , go to the final rally point. Two Falcons will land there. Quickly dispatch the Marines when they land, but seek cover. The Falcon gunners will try to kill you. Run to a gunner, and the message "Hijack enemy vehicle" will appear. Select it to unlock the achievement.
Easy "If They Came To Hear Me Beg" reference
Created by LegendK7ll3r.
Easy "Firestarter", "Blaze Of Glory", "Heat In The pipe", "Game, Set, Match", and "Crowd Control" achievements
- Choose the Firefight Classic game mode. Go to "Game Options", under "Firefight" settings, and go to the "Custom Skull" settings. Choose either the red, yellow, or blue skull to edit. Go to "Spartan Traits". Under "Shields And Health", choose the "Invulnerable" option. Under "Shield Multiplier", choose "4x Over-shields". Enable "Immune To Head-shots" and "Immune To Assassinations". Go back one screen. Under "Weapons And Damage", set the damage modifier to 300%, melee modifier to 300%, and infinite ammo to bottomless clip. Go back two screens. Under the same skull settings, choose Wave Traits". Set the damage modifier to 0%, damage resistance to 10%, vision to near sighted, hearing to deaf, and luck to unlucky. Return to the "Firefight" settings menu. Under "Wave Properties", make sure the skull you customized (red, blue or yellow) is enabled in each wave and the bonus wave. Save your game type. Change the difficulty to "Legendary". Start the game. You will be practically invincible, and you will blast through the Covenant easily. You should unlock all of the achievements in about three hours, depending on your skill.
- Note: To do this much easier, do the exact thing the above hint. However in "Wave Properties" in the "Skulls" menu, enable every skull to every single wave including the bonus wave. Then, select "Bonus Wave" and set all the enemies to "Hunters". Set the timer to 2 minutes (because Hunters give the most score for taking them out). On the first page, set the "Wave Limit" and "Time Limit" both to "Unlimited". Set the "Game Difficulty" to "Legendary" and start the game. Once the game starts, take out enemies until you find a good explosive weapon (concussion rifle recommended). Then, start using that weapon and fight off all waves. Once the bonus round starts, there will be three Hunters spawning each second non-stop until the map cannot spawn any more of them. If one of them gets killed, it will immediately get replaced by another one. Keep pressing RT rapidly to quickly take them out so they can be replaced fast. You can quickly kill more of them and will be rewarded with high points. Repeat the process and you will get about 1 million points in just two sets, which requires about 40 minutes.
Easy Emile's helmet avatar award
Go to "Matchmaking". Select "Community", then "Grifball". It only features gravity hammers and energy swords, allowing the Bulltrue medal to be earned easily.
Easy Jun's helmet avatar award
To unlock this avatar award, you must kill 100 opponents in a row without dying in either Firefight or Campaign mode. To do this very easily, go to Firefight mode and select "Game Settings". Select "Spartan Settings" and go to "Shield Damage And Resistance". Set the "Shield Damage Resistance" to "Invulnerable". By doing this, you will never die, not matter what damage taken. Press B and go to the "Weapon" options. Set the "Infinite Ammo" option to "Bottomless Clip". By doing this, reloadable weapons never have to reload and plasma weapons never overheat. Start Firefight mode under any difficulty setting. You can kill 100 enemies in a row without dying easily. Once done, you will unlock an Avatar Award which contains JUN's helmet. You can use the helmet by going to "Customize Avatar" and selecting "Avatar Awards". Note: Doing the "invincible trick" on Firefight too much may lead you to lose your actual skill.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
iautipn rphwdv teidt gwsvyshny
- The Soldier We Need You To Be (25 points): Completed the Campaign on Normal difficulty.
- Folks Need Heroes... (50 points): Completed the Campaign on Heroic difficulty.
- Gods Must Be Strong (125 points): Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
- A Monument To All Your Sins (150 points): Completed every mission in Halo: Reach alone, on Legendary.
- We're Just Getting Started (10 points): Completed the 2nd mission on Normal or harder.
- Protocol Dictates Action (10 points): Completed the 3rd mission on Normal or harder.
- I Need A Weapon (10 points): Completed the 4th mission on Normal or harder.
- To War (10 points): Completed the 5th mission on Normal or harder.
- You Flew Pretty Good (10 points): Completed the 6th mission on Normal or harder.
- Into The Howling Dark (10 points): Completed the 7th mission on Normal or harder.
- Dust And Echoes (10 points): Completed the 8th mission on Normal or harder.
- This Is Not Your Grave (10 points): Completed the 9th mission on Normal or harder.
- Send Me Out... With A Bang (10 points): Completed the 10th mission on Normal or harder.
- They've Always Been Faster (25 points): Cleared the 2nd mission without setting foot in a drivable vehicle.
- Two Corpses In One Grave (25 points): Killed 2 vehicles at once with the Target Locator in the 3rd mission.
- Banshees, Fast And Low (25 points): Hijacked a Banshee during the Reach Campaign.
- Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet (25 points): Killed the Elite Zealot before he escaped during the 5th mission.
- If They Came To Hear Me Beg (25 points): Performed an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal.
- Wake Up Buttercup (25 points): Destroyed the Corvette's engines & escort in under 3 minutes in the 6th mission on Heroic or harder.
- Tank Beats Everything (25 points): Finished the 9th mission on Legendary with the Scorpion intact.
- Lucky Me (25 points): Earned a Triple Kill while Jetpacking in Campaign, Firefight or Matchmaking. (Video)
- KEEP IT CLEAN (5 points): Killed 7 Moa during the 2nd mission of the Campaign.
- I Didn't Train To Be A Pilot (10 points): Killed 3 of the anti-aircraft batteries during the 8th mission.
- Doctor, Doctor (5 points): Used a Health Pack to replenish life after taking body damage.
- That's A Knife (10 points): Performed an Assassination on an enemy.
- I See You Favour A .45 (10 points): Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the M6G pistol.
- An Elegant Weapon (10 points): Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the DMR.
- Swap Meet (10 points): Traded weapons with an AI ally in Campaign.
- A Spoonful Of Blamite (10 points): Killed 10 enemies in Firefight or Campaign with a supercombine explosion.
- Be My Wingman Anytime (5 points): Let a teammate spawn on you 5 times in an Invasion Matchmaking game.
- Yes, Sensei (10 points): Earned a First Strike Medal in a Matchmaking game.
- Skunked (10 points): Won a game of Invasion in the 1st phase.
- What's A Killing Spree? (5 points): Earned a Killing Spree in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Crowd Control (10 points): Earned a Killionaire medal in Firefight.
- Knife To A Gun Fight (5 points): As an Elite, killed 5 Spartan players in Matchmaking.
- Score Attack (10 points): Scored 15,000 points in Score Attack Firefight Matchmaking.
- Firestarter (10 points): Scored 50,000 points in a Firefight game.
- Blaze Of Glory (25 points): Scored 200,000 points in a Firefight game.
- Heat In The Pipe (75 points): Scored 1,000,000 points in a Firefight game.
- Game, Set, Match (25 points): Completed a Firefight set on Legendary without dying.
- Make It Rain (10 points): Purchased an item from the Armory that required the rank of Lt. Colonel.
- The Start Of Something (15 points): Reached the rank of Corporal in the UNSC.
- An Honor Serving (25 points): Reached the rank of Captain in the UNSC.
- A Storage Solution (5 points): Used the File Browser to upload a file to your File Share.
- A New Challenger (10 points): Completed all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.
- Make It Drizzle (10 points): Purchased an item from the Armory.
- Cool File, Bro (5 points): Recommended a file to someone.
- Lemme Upgrade Ya (10 points): Advanced a Commendation to a Silver state.
- One Down, 51 To Go (10 points): Completed a Weekly Challenge.
- Both Barrels (50 points): Noble 1: Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- Cross-Mappin' (50 points): Noble 1: Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.
- Offensive Driver (20 points): Noble 1: Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.
- Poppin' & Lockin' (25 points): Noble 1: Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.
- Totally Worth It (50 points): Noble 1: Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.
- You Ate All the Chips (42 points): Noble 1: Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.
- You Blew It Up! (13 points): Noble 1: Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award.
- Hoodie: Play a full game of any type in the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta. Then, access Halo Waypoint and browse your Halo career statistics.
- Carter's helmet: Clear a Campaign mission under the Legendary difficulty without dying.
- Emile's helmet: Earned a Bulltrue medal in either Multiplayer or Firefight Matchmaking mode.
- Jorge's helmet: Earn a Killtacular in Multiplayer Matchmaking mode.
- Jun's helmet: Kill 100 enemies in a row without dying in either Campaign or Firefight mode.
- Kat's helmet: Avenged a teammate's death in Multiplayer Matchmaking mode.
Demo version: Boneyard: Leave boundary
In Boneyard, on the ship, there is a staircase with two flights that leads from the ground to the ship. This staircase is on the right side when you are looking at the Elite spawn on Invasion. Walk onto the upper flight of stairs and look at the fence keeping you from falling off the ship. Jump to the lower part of the fence and turn to the open area. Jump onto the part of the ship that hangs over the edge. You are now out of the level boundary. If there is only one person on the console, if you look at the indicator of where you are (bulkheads, under the ship, bridge, etc.), it will read out of bounds. This is a great location to pick off the Elites in Invasion with a DMR. Note: You can only walk so far over before you fall off the ship and die.
Demo version: Invasion: Plasma turret air drop
Go into Forge on the "Boneyard" map. Get into a tank and look above the large ship. There should be a Phantom floating above it. Shoot at it a few times and you should hear and see it break apart. Turn into Forge mode and fly up towards where the broken pieces would have fallen. You will have a ten second time limit. Fly to a Plasma Turret, turn human, pick it up, and leave.
Armor parts without going online
Note: This may only work on the unpatched version of the game. Go to the Forge and then to the Forge World map. Let your Spartan or Elite just stand there for as long as desired. You will get points for the amount of time you are in the level. When ready, leave the game and you will get points for doing nothing. For three to four hours, you may get at least 3,000 points.
Invincibility and permanent Armor Lock
- You will need two players for this trick. Go into Forge mode. Create an Armor Lock armor ability, then drop it on player two. Next, create another Armor Lock ability and press B. Go to delete all of these from the map. Click it, and hover over "Yes". Have the player two go into Armor Lock. While he is in Armor Lock, select "Yes" at the "Delete all of these from map" message. Player two will now be invincible, and can move around in permanent Armor Lock. You can still use other equipment, such as Evade.
- Note: This only works in Forge mode. When using two players, have one grab an Armor Lock and have the other spawn one. Press B and choose to delete all of these. Do not respond "Yes" to the confirmation prompt until the other player goes into Armor Lock. When confirming to delete all Armor Lock pieces while any players are in Armor Lock, you will force them out of Armor Lock, but their Armor Lock shield will remain visible and the player will be invulnerable (except for assassinations and falling out of bounds). To do this with only one player, grab an Armor Lock, and go into Armor Lock. While in Armor Lock, press Up to turn into a Monitor. Spawn another Armor Lock item and select to delete all of them. When done, the player can switch to player mode from the Monitor and will have achieved the same glitch. Note: This glitch allows a player to obtain another Armor Ability while active.
- Note: You can also do this by yourself. First, place two armor locks down, then pick up one and go into Armor Lock. Once in Armor Lock, go into Forge mode. Go to the other Armor Lock you placed and select it. Then, press B. Choose to delete all these from the map and answer "Yes" to confirm. Then, exit Forge mode and you will be invincible (except for assassinations), and will still be able to use other equipment.
Campaign teammate dies
On the second mission, after you talk to the "rebels" there is a bridge. Run between the rocks and jump off the edge. After a few attempts, one or more of your teammates will spawn down there. You can headshot them with the pistol to make them back up to their deaths. They will remain dead until you run to the next house.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs