Irregular Hunter X
This game is titled Mega Man Maverick Hunter X in North America and Europe, and Irregular Hunter X in Japan.
Play as Vile
Successfully complete the game as X.
Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the game.
Megaman X anime movie
Successfully complete the game as X.
voawi htimo dvwn
Unlimited weapon energy for Vile
Successfully complete the game as Vile. Load the cleared saved game to have unlimited energy for your weapons.
- Leg Capsule: Flame Mammoth's stage; in a small room which can be accessed by jumping up the left side of a wall after falling through the first long fall.
- Head Capsule: Chill Penguin's stage; beyond blocks that must be kicked by using the Leg Upgrade. The blocks are found on the right side of a wall in the base.
- Body Capsule: Storm Eagle's stage; beyond blocks that must be broken with the Head Upgrade. It is after the thin tower that you climb.
- Buster Capsule: Sting Chameleon's stage; after climbing up a cliff in the beginning of the level. The Dash Upgrade is needed. Just destroy the green robot.
Armored Armadillo's stage: Hadouken
Created by MrWhiteProductions.
- After you have all tanks and life expansions with Mega Man, enter the Armored Armadillo stage five times until the end. In the fifth time, when you are in the cart that jumps and leads to the Boss door, jump to the ledge. You will find a capsule with Doctor Light and the Hadouken Street Fighter style.
- Go through Armored Armadillo's stage without getting hit once. At the very end when the cart is flying through the air, dash jump to a ledge when the cart starts to descend slightly. There should be a Doctor Light capsule there, and he will give you the Hadouken. Note: In order to use this attack you must have full health. Also, roll forward as if you were using it in Street Fighter 2. This move can kill anything with one blast.
Armored Armadillo's stage: Easy lives
At the beginning of the stage jump on, then off, the trolley-like object as fast as possible and run down the path. There should be structures coming out of the ceiling when you reach the bottom. The first has a mechanical bat enemy and the second one has bat-like enemy that looks realistic. Make sure you also kill the flamingo enemy. When you kill the realistic bat, almost every time it dies it will drop an extra life. Run back to where the second structure on the ceiling is off screen, then run back and kill it again. Keep repeating this process to get the maximum amount of lives.
Boomer Kawanger stage: Life upgrade
You can get the life upgrade using the Charged Ice shotgun and Dash Armor part. After climbing the outside of the tower after the elevator, use the Charged Ice to make a sled on the ledge under the upgrade. Jump on the sled, then dash off the sled when it flies off the ledge to grab the edge holding the life upgrade. Note: You need the arm and legs armor upgrades and ice shotgun for this trick.
Flame Mammoth stage: Life upgrade
You can get Flame Mammoth's life upgrade by dashing through the lava with at least one E-tank. Note: This might require a few attempts and you will lose a life, but it is worth it.
Defeating Sigma's first form
Use the purple Charge Chameleon Sting, then use the
Electric Spark attack (charged or not). To dodge his slash, try
jumping up the wall. When he shoots, jump up the wall and try
dodging bullets like that. When Sigma jumps up the wall from you,
fall when he is on the other side of the wall. Repeat the Charge
Chameleon and the Electric Spark attack until Sigma is defeated.
Getting Zero's Buster
Get every upgrade for Mega Man, except for the arm upgrade. Keep playing until you fight Vile the second time in Sigma Palace 3. Defeat him but make sure you do not have the arm upgrade. After you defeat him you will automatically get Zero's Buster from him.
Easy E-Tank for Vile
Go to Flame Mammoth's stage. Make sure you have the Marooned Tomahawk for Vile. Once you start the stage, go to the very first enemy spawn point. When it spawns an enemy, kill it. You can also return to this stage once you have killed Chill Penguin, because the lava will be frozen. Most of the enemies drop Large Health Kits, Small Health Kits, Small Weapon Energy, or Large Weapon Energy. Repeat this, because they never run out of Health Kits
Note: You must have completed the game to do this. Use the following with Vile.
- Arm: Golden Right
- Cannon: Necro Burst
- Leg: Burning Drive
The following is a list of Maverick weaknesses, resistance's,
- Flame Mammoth
- Weak against: Storm Tornado, Boomerang Cutter (removes his trunk)
- Resistant: Flame Wave, X Buster
- Upgrades: Flame Wave, Leg Capsule
- Launch Octopus
- Weak against: Rolling Shield, Boomerang Cutter (removes his tentacles)
- Resistant to: Homing Torpedo, X Buster
- Chill Penguin
- Weak against: Flame Wave
- Resistant to: Shotgun Ice
- Upgrades: Shotgun Ice, Head Capsule
- Armored Armadillo
- Weak against: Electric Spark (removes his shield)
- Resistant to: Rolling Shield, X Buster
- Upgrades: Rolling Shield
- Boomerang Kuwanger
- Weak against: Homing Torpedo
- Resistant to: Boomerang Cutter, X Buster
- Upgrades: Boomerang Cutter
- Sting Chameleon
- Weak against: Boomerang Cutter (stops his current attack)
- Resistant to: Chameleon Sting, X Buster
- Upgrades: Chameleon Sting, Buster Capsule
- Spark Mandrill
- Weak Against: Shotgun Ice (freezes him)
- Resistant to: Electric Spark, X Buster
- Upgrades: Electric Spark
- Storm Eagle
- Weak against: Chameleon Sting (limits his swooping move)
- Resistant to: Storm Tornado
- Upgrades: Storm Tornado, Body Capsule
Strategy guides from GameFAQs