L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume.
- Beat Cop Uniform: Complete the Cop missions.
- Chicago Lighting: Link your game and account to Rockstar's Social Club. This costume enhances your accuracy with the BAR, Thompson, and the shotgun.
- Golden Boy: Reach Traffic Desk.
- Hawkshaw: Reach rank 18. This costume gives damage reduction.
- Sunset Strip: Reach rank 8.
- Sword of Justice: Reach rank 4.
- The Outsider: Reach rank 13.
Avoid bad choices
In many interviews you can get up, walk out of a house or building, and force the game to auto save. Return to the interview and start it. If you make bad choices, just go back to the system's home screen or reset the game. You should be returned to the auto save before the interview.
Booze bottles are not clues
Do not waste your time on things like cigarette butts, booze bottles and other things. They are solely meant to throw you off as you investigate a crime scene.
- When chasing a suspect on foot or in a vehicle, hold [Camera Focus] to keep an eye on your prey. This makes chase scenes much easier.
- When you get near a suspect on foot, you can press [Tackle ] repeatedly to tackle the suspect.
- In a car chase, pull up alongside a driver to have your partner fire at him. If he shoots a tire, the car will slow down, emitting sparks from one wheel. A faster way to take out a driver, however, is to slam into a rear wheel, spinning the car out of control. T-boning a suspect at an intersection is another good way to take him out.
Avoid criticism while driving
If you are tired of listening to your partner criticize your driving, simply leave him and do not give him a chance to get in the car as you take off. He will appear when you arrive at the destination.
Created by XCVii007r1.
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding newspaper.
- Upon Reflection: On the right wall of the alley at the first crime scene.
- The Driver's Seat: On the dining table inside the Black's residence.
- A Marriage Made In Heaven: On the bar inside Ray's Cafe.
- The Fallen Idol: On the workbench in the storage area of Silver Screen props.
- The Red Lipstick Murder: Near the front door of the Henry residence.
- The White Shoe Slaying: In Stuart Ackerman's shack at the Hobo area.
- The Black Caesar: On the desk in the Ramez Removal Warehouse.
- The Set Up: On the training table in the stadium.
- Manifest Destiny: Near the downed shooter at the alley of Haskell's Finest Men's.
- A Walk in the Elysian Fields: Search near the right corner of the Morelli's house's lawn.
- A Polite Invitation: On Leland's Monroe's desk when raiding his mansion.
- A Different Kind of War: On the front counter.
- A Different Kind of War: On Harlan Fontaine's desk at the crime scene.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas reference
Doctor Fontaine may be a reference to Darius Fontaine, who helps people with their problems heard on the radio in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Red Dead Redemption reference
In the Silk Stock Murder, after you investigate the long blood trail leading onto the roof, examine the body and find all the clues. You will be returned to your car. Instead of leaving, turn around and investigate the alley behind you. You will find a trash can with a cowboy hat in it, which Red Dead Redemption players may recognize as belonging to one John Marston.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
utfea raoui teybiua
- Asphalt Jungle (15 points): Chase down and tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.
- Traffic Stop (15 points): Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.
- Not So Hasty (15 points): Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.
- Shamus To The Stars (80 points): Complete all story cases with a five star rating.
- The Brass (30 points): Achieve maximum rank.
- The Plot Thickens (15 points): Find and solve an inspection puzzle.
- Golden Boy (15 points): Clear a case finding every clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The Straight Dope (15 points): Use evidence to prove a lie as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- One For The File (15 points): Find and inspect a clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The City Of The Angels (80 points): Reach 100% Game Complete.
- The Up And Up (30 points): Complete a story case with a five star rating.
- The Long Arm Of The Law (30 points): Complete all street crime cases.
- A Cop On Every Corner (15 points): Complete a single street crime case.
- Johnny On The Spot (30 points): Respond to 20 street crime cases.
- Public Menace (30 points): Rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case.
- The Moose (15 points): Follow Candy Edwards without using cover or incognito, except when starting or picking up the tail.
- Star Map (15 points): Discover all landmark locations around the city.
- The Third Degree (30 points): Correctly branch every question in every interview in a single story case.
- The Hunch (30 points): Use four intuition points in a single interview session, correctly branching each question.
- Auto Fanatic (30 points): Drive every vehicle in the city.
- Hollywoodland (30 points): Find and inspect all gold film reels.
- Auto Collector (15 points): Drive 40 different vehicles.
- Keep A Lid On (15 points): Complete a brawl without losing your hat as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- Auto Enthusiast (15 points): Drive 5 different vehicles.
- Lead Foot (15 points): Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds while driving.
- Miles On The Clock (15 points): Drive more than 194.7 miles.
- Magpie (80 points): Find and inspect 95% of all clues.
- The Shadow (15 points): Tail a suspect without being spotted, in a single case.
- Roscoe And Friends (15 points): Kill at least one bad guy with every gun.
- Wooden Overcoats (30 points): Bring down a total of 30 bad guys with head shots.
- Dead Men Are Heavier (15 points): Shoot and kill a total of 100 bad guys.
- The Printer's Devil (20 points): Complete 'A Slip of the Tongue'.
- Eight Million Stories (20 points): Complete 'The Naked City'.
Additionally there are seventeen secret achievements.
- Stab-Rite (15 points): At Ray's Cafe, find the bloodstained knife on your first sweep of the crime scene.
- No Rest For The Wicked (15 points): Complete all cases on the Vice desk.
- Moth To A Flame (70 points): Complete all cases on the Arson desk.
- The Simple Art of Murder (15 points): Complete all cases on the Homicide desk.
- Police Academy (15 points): Complete all cases on the Patrol desk.
- Paved With Good Intentions (15 points): Complete all cases on the Traffic desk.
- Huckster (15 points): At Elysian Fields, outwit Leland Monroe when discussing his developments or advertising campaign.
- Round Heels (15 points): At the Bamba Club, get Dick McColl to give up the license plate of Celine Henry's male companion.
- The Fighting Sixth (15 points): At the Bus Shooting, talk Felix Alvarro into giving up the Marines involved in the Coolridge heist.
- Racing For Pinks (20 points): Find and inspect all of the Marquee-printed pink slips.
- Femme Imbécile (20 points): Correctly branch every question in the interview with Jean Archer.
- Chop Shop (20 points): During the Industrial Street raid, kill a goon by shooting the hanging engine block.
- Nowhere In A Hurry (20 points): Catch and arrest Cliff Harrison before he is stopped by uniformed backup.
- A Good-Looking Corpse (20 points): Find and inspect all of the narcotics in Julia Randall's apartment.
- Fakeloo (20 points): Tail Henry Arnett from Hollywood Station to the pawnbroker and travel agent without being spotted.
- Chauffeur Service (20 points): Escort Heather Swanson to Arnett's apartment without damaging your vehicle.
- Give My Regards (20 points): Shoot every letter down from the tower at the Broadway Hotel.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs