L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume.
- Beat Cop Uniform: Complete the Cop missions.
- Chicago Lighting: Link your game and account to Rockstar's Social Club. This costume enhances your accuracy with the BAR, Thompson, and the shotgun.
- Golden Boy: Reach Traffic Desk.
- Hawkshaw: Reach rank 18. This costume gives damage reduction.
- Sunset Strip: Reach rank 8.
- Sword of Justice: Reach rank 4.
- The Outsider: Reach rank 13.
Avoid bad choices
In many interviews you can get up, walk out of a house or building, and force the game to auto save. Return to the interview and start it. If you make bad choices, just go back to the system's home screen or reset the game. You should be returned to the auto save before the interview.
Booze bottles are not clues
Do not waste your time on things like cigarette butts, booze bottles and other things. They are solely meant to throw you off as you investigate a crime scene.
- When chasing a suspect on foot or in a vehicle, hold [Camera Focus] to keep an eye on your prey. This makes chase scenes much easier.
- When you get near a suspect on foot, you can press [Tackle ] repeatedly to tackle the suspect.
- In a car chase, pull up alongside a driver to have your partner fire at him. If he shoots a tire, the car will slow down, emitting sparks from one wheel. A faster way to take out a driver, however, is to slam into a rear wheel, spinning the car out of control. T-boning a suspect at an intersection is another good way to take him out.
Avoid criticism while driving
If you are tired of listening to your partner criticize your driving, simply leave him and do not give him a chance to get in the car as you take off. He will appear when you arrive at the destination.
Spawn any locked 2-door or 4-door vehicle
Select "Extras" at the main menu, then "Vehicle Showroom". Go to either the 2-door or 4-door vehicle category. Hover over the vehicle you want to unlock. Then, press X
PlayStation3 or A
Xbox 360 . Back out to the main menu, select a desk with "The Streets of L.A. (Free Roam)" unlocked. Once the game has loaded, the vehicle should spawn at or near your location. If not, reload until it appears.
Created by XCVii007r1.
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding newspaper.
- Upon Reflection: On the right wall of the alley at the first crime scene.
- The Driver's Seat: On the dining table inside the Black's residence.
- A Marriage Made In Heaven: On the bar inside Ray's Cafe.
- The Fallen Idol: On the workbench in the storage area of Silver Screen props.
- The Red Lipstick Murder: Near the front door of the Henry residence.
- The White Shoe Slaying: In Stuart Ackerman's shack at the Hobo area.
- The Black Caesar: On the desk in the Ramez Removal Warehouse.
- The Set Up: On the training table in the stadium.
- Manifest Destiny: Near the downed shooter at the alley of Haskell's Finest Men's.
- A Walk in the Elysian Fields: Search near the right corner of the Morelli's house's lawn.
- A Polite Invitation: On Leland's Monroe's desk when raiding his mansion.
- A Different Kind of War: On the front counter.
- A Different Kind of War: On Harlan Fontaine's desk at the crime scene.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas reference
Doctor Fontaine may be a reference to Darius Fontaine, who helps people with their problems heard on the radio in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Red Dead Redemption reference
In the Silk Stock Murder, after you investigate the long blood trail leading onto the roof, examine the body and find all the clues. You will be returned to your car. Instead of leaving, turn around and investigate the alley behind you. You will find a trash can with a cowboy hat in it, which Red Dead Redemption players may recognize as belonging to one John Marston.
Easy "Bulletproof Windshield" achievement or trophy
Play the "Nicholson Electroplating" case (DLC required). This occurs in one of the last parts of the case. When you reach the Hughes Aircraft Base (it is best to allow Vernon Mapes to drive there instead of disabling him) a cinematic will trigger before you are cutscene before you are shot by military police. Cars will arrive (three at the base and one behind) and more soldiers will appear. Enable aim assist to "High" at the "Controls" part of the options. Go to the trunk of your car and get the automatic rifle. By this time the first car should have pulled up, and you will be too late. Shoot all the soldiers then run to the left side of the truck in the car park. The second car will drive in from the left. Hold [Fire] and shoot blindly at the car as it drives past. Also do this to the third car. If it has not fired, either try to find the fourth car on the street, or allow yourself be shot to restart the firefight. "Bulletproof Windshield" will be earned as soon as the second driver dies. If it does not fire by the time the people get out of the car, intentionally die to restart. This may require a few attempts.
Easy "Chauffeur Service" achievement or trophy
Drive slowly and carefully because there is no time limit and no one will chase you. Remain on the right side of the road.
Easy "The City Of The Angels" achievement or trophy
To qualify for a 100% completion, the following tasks must be done.
- Find and drive all 96 cars in the game (earn "Auto Fanatic").
- Find all 50 gold film reels (earn "Hollywoodland").
- Visit all 30 landmarks (earn "Star Map").
- Complete all 45 street crimes (earn "The Long Arm of the Law").
- Find and read all 13 newspapers.
- Complete all 21 storyline cases (earn "Police Academy", "Paved With Good Intentions", "The Simple Art Of Murder", "No Rest For The Wicked", and "Moth To A Flame").
Note: It is not necessary to complete all cases with a five star rank. If you are missing something, look at your Rockstar Social Club profile and use the site's checklist.
Easy "Forcible Rear Entry" achievement or trophy
Instead of shooting Juan during the firefight at the start of "Reefer Madness", go to the house on the left. Jump over the picket fence then kick open the rear door.
Easy "The Hunch" achievement or trophy
During an interview with at least four questions, use four intuition points to remove one bad answer, then choose correct answer (in each).
Easy "The Long Arm Of The Law" achievement or trophy
Complete any street crime that is radioed in during Story mode. Note: They will never call in repeats. If you do not get them all by the end of the game, replay them in Free Roam mode. The street crimes are locked to specific desks. Entering a police car will flash "You have completed all street crime cases" if you have finished that desk. Look at the map for red street crime markers, which indicate uncompleted ones that are available at that specific time. If crimes that are locked to specific times of day remain, either drive around or exit and re-enter Free Roam mode and check the map again. You may get radioed already completed street crimes during Free Roam mode, which can be ignored.
Easy "The Nose Knows" achievement or trophy
After reaching the factory, turn left at the reporter's van. Follow the right fork when the path splits. The prop spinner can be found against the back wall in the clearing.
Easy "Out Of The Frying Pan" achievement or trophy
Remain a good distance away from Mapes so your partner does not shoot out his tires. However you can take out all the military police vehicles that ram or shoot you.
Easy "Roscoe And Friends" achievement or trophy
There are nine weapons. Two of them are only available during a single case.
- Phelps' pistol during patrol. During the bank shootout during one of the first missions, drop the shotgun.
- The flamethrower found in the last room during "A Different Kind of War". It has a very short range and you cannot run with it. After crossing the water, carefully run forward and try to shoot one of the enemies just before the finale.
- The pistol Phelps has for most of the game.
- The pump shotgun found throughout the game.
- Both types of common Thompson submachine guns. One has a straight magazine and the rarer one has a round one. In the DLC, one can be found in the police car's trunk.
- Kelso's pistol.
- The grey BAR automatic rifle. It rarely appears during Vice. One can be found during "A Different Kind of War" in the supply rooms in the sewer.
- M1 Garand which rarely appears. It also can be found during "A Different Kind of War".
Easy "Shamus To The Stars" achievement or trophy
Complete all story cases with a "5 star" rank. You can replay cases from the "Cases" menu after completing the game. You do not have to play the DLC cases.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Asphalt Jungle (15 points): Chase down and tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.
- Traffic Stop (15 points): Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.
- Not So Hasty (15 points): Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.
- Shamus To The Stars (80 points): Complete all story cases with a five star rating.
- The Brass (30 points): Achieve maximum rank.
- The Plot Thickens (15 points): Find and solve an inspection puzzle.
- Golden Boy (15 points): Clear a case finding every clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The Straight Dope (15 points): Use evidence to prove a lie as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- One For The File (15 points): Find and inspect a clue as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- The City Of The Angels (80 points): Reach 100% Game Complete.
- The Up And Up (30 points): Complete a story case with a five star rating.
- The Long Arm Of The Law (30 points): Complete all street crime cases.
- A Cop On Every Corner (15 points): Complete a single street crime case.
- Johnny On The Spot (30 points): Respond to 20 street crime cases.
- Public Menace (30 points): Rack up $47,000 in penalties during a single story case.
- The Moose (15 points): Follow Candy Edwards without using cover or incognito, except when starting or picking up the tail.
- Star Map (15 points): Discover all landmark locations around the city.
- The Third Degree (30 points): Correctly branch every question in every interview in a single story case.
- The Hunch (30 points): Use four intuition points in a single interview session, correctly branching each question.
- Auto Fanatic (30 points): Drive every vehicle in the city.
- Hollywoodland (30 points): Find and inspect all gold film reels.
- Auto Collector (15 points): Drive 40 different vehicles.
- Keep A Lid On (15 points): Complete a brawl without losing your hat as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
- Auto Enthusiast (15 points): Drive 5 different vehicles.
- Lead Foot (15 points): Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds while driving.
- Miles On The Clock (15 points): Drive more than 194.7 miles.
- Magpie (80 points): Find and inspect 95% of all clues.
- The Shadow (15 points): Tail a suspect without being spotted, in a single case.
- Roscoe And Friends (15 points): Kill at least one bad guy with every gun.
- Wooden Overcoats (30 points): Bring down a total of 30 bad guys with head shots.
- Dead Men Are Heavier (15 points): Shoot and kill a total of 100 bad guys.
- The Printer's Devil (20 points): Complete 'A Slip of the Tongue'.
- Eight Million Stories (20 points): Complete 'The Naked City'.
Additionally there are seventeen secret achievements.
- Stab-Rite (15 points): At Ray's Cafe, find the bloodstained knife on your first sweep of the crime scene.
- No Rest For The Wicked (15 points): Complete all cases on the Vice desk.
- Moth To A Flame (70 points): Complete all cases on the Arson desk.
- The Simple Art of Murder (15 points): Complete all cases on the Homicide desk.
- Police Academy (15 points): Complete all cases on the Patrol desk.
- Paved With Good Intentions (15 points): Complete all cases on the Traffic desk.
- Huckster (15 points): At Elysian Fields, outwit Leland Monroe when discussing his developments or advertising campaign.
- Round Heels (15 points): At the Bamba Club, get Dick McColl to give up the license plate of Celine Henry's male companion.
- The Fighting Sixth (15 points): At the Bus Shooting, talk Felix Alvarro into giving up the Marines involved in the Coolridge heist.
- Racing For Pinks (20 points): Find and inspect all of the Marquee-printed pink slips.
- Femme Imbécile (20 points): Correctly branch every question in the interview with Jean Archer.
- Chop Shop (20 points): During the Industrial Street raid, kill a goon by shooting the hanging engine block.
- Nowhere In A Hurry (20 points): Catch and arrest Cliff Harrison before he is stopped by uniformed backup.
- A Good-Looking Corpse (20 points): Find and inspect all of the narcotics in Julia Randall's apartment.
- Fakeloo (20 points): Tail Henry Arnett from Hollywood Station to the pawnbroker and travel agent without being spotted.
- Chauffeur Service (20 points): Escort Heather Swanson to Arnett's apartment without damaging your vehicle.
- Give My Regards (20 points): Shoot every letter down from the tower at the Broadway Hotel.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs