Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)
Stay alive longer
- When hordes of Infected appear, find a room with a door and no windows. Go inside and close the door. The Infected may break the door, but when you see a hole in it, shoot the Infected trying to break it down. Your teammates can handle most of the Infected.
- If you are low on health and are alone, allow the CPU controlled players to attack Witches and Tanks. This will keep you from dying and also weaken enemies. The CPU characters will later appear behind a closed door with 50 health.
If you are low on health and need somewhere to hide, find a bathroom stall. Go inside the stall and close the door. The door never breaks down. This works well if you are trying to heal yourself.
"Blood Harvest: Farmhouse Raid": Easy win
At the end where you do the farmhouse part, an easy way to win is fill up with ammo. Get the health kit and find the barn. Climb up the ladder. You can sometimes find a ammo supply. You can easily cover the window and the bottom of the barn, Be careful when you need to get a rescue.
"Blood Harvest: The Tunnel": Easy win as Infected
In Versus mode, there is a warehouse-type area immediately after the starting safe room. As a zombie, quickly run back to the emergency door on the other side of the warehouse. There should be a forklift near the door. Spawn and push this forklift in front of the doorway. Note: You may need to break the white door in front of the emergency door to get the forklift all the way in front of the doorway.
"Death Toll: Boathouse": Items
Under any difficulty setting, a health pack and pills will spawn in the bathroom across the field from the house.
"Death Toll": Skip Horde
Note: This trick must be done online. When you are at the crane that triggers a car alarm, do not turn it on. Instead, stand behind it and become idle. You should be teleported to an alley beyond the crane. Note: If you do this, you cannot get back. Make sure you are prepared for a possible Tank.
"Death Toll": See Newburg burning
You can see the city of Newburg from the "Dead Air" episode burning at the end of "Death Toll".
"No Mercy: The Apartments": Easy kills
In level 1 of the No Mercy chapter, the Survivors must jump into a sewer hole to enter them. As an Infected, use this to your advantage. One must be a Smoker or a Hunter. Do not spawn; instead hide behind one of the large canisters in the room. Once the players open the hole and are done checking the vicinity, they will jump in. Due to the fact they must jump in one at a time or get stuck, make sure you have a clear view of the last one in line. Once all three are down and the fourth Survivor is still up, pounce or grab him. By doing this he will not be able to be saved, unless someone throws a Molotov or a pipe bomb.
"No Mercy: The Apartments": Shortcut
As soon as the level starts, look over the edge of the building and down to the street. Notice the box-like object that is partway down. Drop down to it. Although you will take some damage, you will still be alive. You can then drop down to ground level and continue the level.
"No Mercy: The Hospital": Easy win as Infected
Before you spawn, go all the way up to floor 28, where the elevator lets out. Just outside of the elevator is a generator. Move it in front of the elevator door. , if the Survivors know what you are doing, they can move it. It will require three survivors to move an object. However if you have someone else on the Infected side, they can go a little bit further and move the forklift that is there in front of the doorway.
"No Mercy: The Sewer": Easy win as Infected
- This trick works best as a Hunter. Before you spawn in No Mercy level 3, go all the way to the very end, at the hospital. Once up the ladder, turn to your right and there should be a dumpster. Move it all the way over to the manhole and one of two things will happen. It will either fall all the way down, which is bad because the Survivors can move it; or it will partially fall in. The survivors cannot move this at all. If you are a Tank, you can move a car over it, which is better than any dumpster. From here, do not puke on them as a Boomer. It will attract the Horde. The Horde will try to move the object away from the manhole. Then, as Hunters and Smokers, you can just attack them. They may shoot you, but every so often, you can hurt them until finally they die.
- In the warehouse near the end of the level, immediately after the area with the gas station and the lift, there is a forklift which you can use to block the door the survivors must go through. When the level starts, do not spawn. Instead, quickly go to the warehouse. When you get there, spawn and start pushing the forklift to the door. To push the forklift, keep attacking it. It will move very slowly but you will have time to push it before the Survivors reach it. The only way the Survivors can move it is by throwing pipe bombs at it repeatedly.
"No Mercy The Sewer": Big explosion
At the beginning of the sewers, if any gas tank catches fire or is shot, the entire station explodes into flames.
"No Mercy: The Subway: Easy win as Infected
When the survivors get to the area where they have the minigun and the gate they have to open up, there will be a hole in the floor which you can spawn as a Smoker. You can pull them through the floor countless times.
- To kill a Tank faster, throw a Molotov cocktail or a gas tank and shoot it. When the Tank is on fire, shoot him with an assault rifle.
- To defeat the Tank under the Expert difficulty setting, follow these rules. Do not shoot it when you see it. Run away. You stand no chance against it in the open. Leave your teammates. If you are moving slowly due to injury, take pain pills. Do not heal; that is a guaranteed death. Do not stop moving. You will die if you even think about it. You can shoot at it while running if you wish, but you will not be able to see where you are going and will probably end up being pinned against a wall. You should be running back the way you came. Do not worry about leaving teammates. If you are playing alone with three bots they will die anyway. Return to the safe room. Not even the Tank can break the steel door. However for some odd reason he can still hit you -- be careful. From there, you can use any weapon desired.
To kill a Witch faster, throw a Molotov cocktail. When the Witch is on fire, shoot her with an automatic shotgun.
When Hunters are on fire, their pounces and attacks on Survivors do significantly more damage per hit. Use this to your advantage and deliberately set yourself on fire with the many fire pits or burning cars, then attack. This allows you to easily down Survivors. Note: This only works for Hunters, not Smokers, Boomers, or Tanks.
Kill two zombies with one bullet
Use a sniper rifle and zoom in on a group of zombies. When you see a zombie standing behind another one, shoot at the one in the front. The zombie in back will also get shot.
Safe room door kill
Closing a safe room door on a zombie will kill them.
Faster melee attacks
Rapidly tap [Melee] and [Weapon Switch] alternately to double your melee speed.
Expert difficulty recommendations
Be careful not to shoot your allies. It is not worth killing two zombies if you have to down an ally to do it. Do not bother searching for items. The longer you linger, the more zombies will spawn. However, if you see something along the way, feel free to pick it up. However it is probably not a good idea to go out of your way for it. If someone gets pinned or grabbed by a Smoker, sometimes it is easier to free them by simply going up to them and pressing the LT
Xbox 360 . Most people think you need to run from the Tank, but even under the Easy and Normal difficulties you must to kill two Tanks before the rescue vehicle arrives. Therefore it is not possible to run all the way back to the safe room. The very best way to kill the Tank is to have everyone fire at it while the person it is after tries to dodge and fire at the same time. Even under the Expert difficulty setting it should not live more than a minute if everyone just stays calm and shoots at it. There is no way to pass the Tank without shooting it. Although if you are at the start it might be a good idea to go back, but during the infinite horde during the finale it is not logical.
Keep CPU characters from healing you
When offline, there is a way to keep CPU characters from healing you. When a CPU character is trying to heal you with first aid, take out either your own first aid or pain pills. The CPU character will immediately stop healing you. Note: As soon as you put your healing item away, they will try again.
Xbox 360 This is useful when trying to get the "Unbreakable" achievement.
Easy "Akimbo Assassin" achievement
Start a mission and shoot a few zombies using only your pistol. Then, select the "Take a Break" option and allow the NPCs to complete the level.
Easy "Cr0wnd" achievement
Play under the Easy difficulty setting. Get an auto-shotgun and find a Witch. Quickly approach the Witch with lights off and force her to rise. Quickly shoot her head as she stands.
- Get the assault rifle and charge a power shot (start with pistols, then hold LT + Y + RT at the same time). If done correctly, your character will hold out his/her hand as if to grab an object. If you hit a Witch under the Easy difficulty with the charged power shot, she will die. You will get the "Cr0wned" achievement regardless of whether or not you hit her head.
Easy "Dead Stop" achievement
Use a shotgun and run at a Hunter, hitting [Melee] repeatedly.
Easy "Zombie Genocidest" achievement
This can be done anywhere, except in Versus mode. You must kill 53,595 zombies. When playing in Campaign mode, you get a few friends (Louis, Bill, Zoey, and Francis) to help you. The bots can sometimes kill the zombies and special Infected more than you can. In order to kill more zombies than the bots, find a sniper rifle. Get to a high area and snipe each zombie. You can also go lower, but turn off the flashlight or your snipe can be ruined by the attack of a zombie. The best levels to do this are any until the finale in "Blood Harvest"; "The Greenhouse" and "Crane" levels in "Dead Air"; "The Church" and "The Town" in "Death Toll"; and the first three levels in "No Mercy".
Easy "Helping Hand" achievement
Go to a safe house, preferably with a combat shotgun. Incapacitate the other three members of your group, then revive them. Doing this counts toward your achievement. It is easier with a combat shotgun because it deals a lot of damage fast. In a single player campaign, make sure all other survivors are in the lower red health area. When you incapacitate one of them, the others will try to revive them. You then need to shoot the others before they revive the incapacitated players or you will not get the points for reviving.
Easy "LAMB 2 SLAUGHTER" achievement
Create a only for friends versus lobby match. Invite one friend and select the first map from the "No Mercy" campaign. Choose the Infected team. Start the match and have your friend incap bots at the start. Allow your friend to push to the safe room, however they should not close the door or the round will end. Instead, have your friend just enter the safe room, then leave it. Incapacitate your friend.
Easy "Man vs. Tank" achievement
- Start a new game in "Dead Air" under the Easy difficulty and select the finale. Once you have made it to the tanker, restock on ammo, grab a pipe bomb or Molotov cocktail, then answer the radio and start the gas pump. Once the pump is activated, run around to the right-hand side of the rescue plane and prepare to fight off the horde. A benefit of this position is that the horde cannot come at you from behind. When it is time for the Tank to appear, it will usually spawn on the far side of the plane. Run up to opposite side then run back and forth without coming around the plane to your side. Your AI teammates will not shoot the Tank when it is on the other side of the plane. By crouching you will be able to easily aim at the lower body from beneath the plane and take it down quickly.
- The open area at the end of "Death Toll" is a good location to unlock this achievement. There is enough room here to fend off the horde yourself and deal with the tank.
- Start any level except for the first chapter of any campaign. Have the difficulty set to Expert. When you start the level, kill the bots. After you kill all the bots, vote to change the difficulty to Easy. Note: In Single Player mode you will automatically win the vote, but it is best to perform this in Offline Co-op mode so that you have someone to help dispose of Hunters and Smokers. Find Tank and kill him without help to earn the achievement.
- Go to the Finale level of the No Mercy campaign in Online mode. When the helicopter arrives, tell the other players to go somewhere else and keep the other Infected busy. Go to the helicopter and get inside. If the Tank spawns near you, it will go after you. Because the helicopter is so small, it cannot get inside and will be stuck trying to reach you. Kill it, and you will unlock the achievement because your teammates were too busy doing something else.
Easy "Stand Tall" and "Unbreakable" achievements
Select the Easy difficulty while playing offline. Let the bots clean up the enemies on the map. If you get healed, you can restart the map after dying and not have it count against you.
Easy "TRUCK STOP" achievement
Enlist the help of another player. Start up the "Crash Course" finale as an Infected and progress until the end. Do not kill any of the bots before the doors open (when the second Tank is killed). Have the second player remain outside the exit, spawn in with your new Tank, and kill the survivors. The three bots will not enter the vehicle unless a human player does.
Easy "Unbreakable" achievement
- If you have a health pack and are low on health, pause game play and select "Take A Break". While you are idle you will be healed. When it is done, rejoin the game and the healing will not count against you. Note: This was done under the Easy difficulty setting.
- Play on the No Mercy campaign under the on Easy difficulty setting. Take a MedKit at the beginning. You now have two choices. Either run off the ledge behind you (hold the Analog-stick Up and you will land on something above the dumpster), or go through the apartment. If you run off, you will be at 64 health (do not jump off or you will be at 2 health). Go through the campaign as usual after that. When your health is in the low 20s, your teammates will try to heal you. Take out your MedKit and they will stop. You should be incapacitated somewhere in the subway or sewer level. After this, grab every pack of pain pills find. If there are multiples of them, grab one, use it, then grab the other. If your teammates have pain pills and they take them out to give to you, do not take out your MedKit or they will put them away and try to heal you for about twenty minutes. When your health is in the low 70s, your teammates will try to heal you. When you are in the finale, there probably will not be any pain pills. If you find some, it will be due completely to luck. Search everywhere on the roof and inside. Break open one of the doors below the door that leads to the Jesus Room. Do not try to open the door to the Jesus Room because you will die trying. Then, contact the helicopter. Run for the room you selected and stay there, MedKit out. Your teammates should follow you inside and will keep you covered. Do not worry about the Tank; your teammates will go out to fight it. When the helicopter arrives, you will be at 1 health. Moe to the stairs that lead to the helipad; not the ramp or you will die. You should be incapacitated when you reach the top. Keep the Infected off you as best as you can, then run for the helicopter. Do not worry about getting hit; if you do not stop you will make it. Because you did not use your MedKit, did not allow your teammates to heal you, and relied only on pain pills (which do not count as healing), you will unlock the "Unbreakable" achievement.
Dead Rising reference
The amount of zombies you have to kill for the "Zombie Genocidist" achievement (53,595), is the same zombie kill count and achievement in Dead Rising.
In some of the newspapers seen throughout the game, Dr. Breen from Half Life can be seen.
Half-Life: Counter-Strike reference
When Louis is picking up a sub machinegun, he might say "Aowww man this is just like Counter-Strike!". PC This audio file can be played directly through the "TakeSubMachineGun03.wav" file in the "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\player\survivor\voice\Manager" directory.
The "Red Mist" achievement or trophy is the name of the superhero that is the son of the antagonist, has the awesome red car, and is the fourth superhero you see in the movie.
Left 4 Dead self-references
- In the hospital levels of "No Mercy", you can find a lot of X-rays with only four fingers. This is a reference to the game's cover art.
- If you are an Infected when the elevator in "No Mercy" is activated and moving down, the number of what floor it is on will not change from "04", which is a reference to the "4" in the game's title.
- In the hospital starting safe room of "No Mercy", there is graffiti on the wall reading "I killed..." and then lists different variables, including 53,594. This is the number of Infected you must kill to receive the "Zombie Genocide" achievement.
Orange Box reference
Near one of the escalators in the subway, there is an ad for "Orange Box" Juice, which is a reference to Valve's Orange Box game compilation.
Star Wars reference
The APC in "Blood Harvest" is marked "TK-421" is a reference to the stormtrooper in Star Wars that Luke Skywalker and Han solo incapacitated.
Team Fortress 2 references
- Before the finale in "Dead Air", while still in the safe room you can sometimes see a box which advertising Team Fortress 2.
- John Slater, who is the voice actor for the person who drives the boat in "Death Toll", also voices the sniper in Team Fortress 2.
When using melee (LT), press Y, then LT, then Y, repeatedly. You will switch weapons and melee. You can complete Expert mode a lot easier from Hordes.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
eh, sva edmtam g, di
- Helping Hand (20 points): Revive 50 incapacitated Survivors.
- Field Medic (20 points): Heal 25 Survivors with a first aid kit.
- Pharm-assist (20 points): Give pain pills to 10 Survivors.
- My Bodyguard (15 points): Protect any Survivor from an attacking Infected 50 times.
- Dead Stop (10 points): Punch a Hunter as he is pouncing.
- Cr0wnd (30 points): Kill a Witch with a single headshot.
- Untouchables (30 points): No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle.
- Drag and Drop (20 points): Rescue a Survivor from a Smoker's tongue before he takes damage.
- Blind Luck (20 points): You or another Survivor take no damage after being vomited on by a Boomer.
- Akimbo Assassin (30 points): Survive an entire campaign using only pistols.
- Hero Closet (10 points): Rescue a Survivor trapped in a closet.
- Hunter Punter (10 points): Shove a Hunter off of a pinned and helpless Survivor.
- Tongue Twister (20 points): Free yourself from a Smoker who has grabbed you with his tongue.
- No Smoking Section (15 points): Kill 10 Smokers as they are pulling helpless Survivors.
- 101 Cremations (20 points): Set 101 Infected on fire.
- Do Not Disturb (20 points): Sneak past all Witches in a campaign without disturbing one.
- Man vs Tank (30 points): Single-handedly kill a Tank.
- Tankbusters (20 points): Kill a Tank without it dealing any damage to a Survivor.
- Safety First (30 points): Play an entire campaign with no Survivors taking friendly fire damage.
- No-one Left Behind (20 points): Beat a campaign with all 4 Survivors.
- Unbreakable (30 points): Finish a campaign without ever being healed.
- Witch Hunter (20 points): Kill a Witch without any Survivor taking damage from her.
- Red Mist (20 points): Kill 1000 Infected with a mounted machine gun.
- Pyrotechnician (20 points): Blow up 20 Infected in a single explosion.
- Zombie Genocidest (20 points): Kill 53,595 Infected.
- Dead Giveaway (10 points): Heal a fellow Survivor when your own health is below 10.
- Stand Tall (20 points): Survive a campaign without being incapacitated.
- Zombicidal Maniac (30 points): Survive any campaign on Expert.
- What Are You Trying to Prove? (35 points): Survive all campaigns on Expert.
- Nothing Special (30 points): Survive a campaign with no Survivors taking damage from Special Infected.
- Burn the Witch (10 points): Light a Witch with a Molotov.
- Towering Inferno (10 points): Light a Tank with a Molotov.
- Spinal Tap (10 points): Kill an Infected with a single blow from behind.
- Stomach Upset (20 points): All Survivors complete a campaign without being vomited on.
- Brain Salad (15 points): Make 100 headshot kills.
- Jump Shot (20 points): Headshot a Hunter while he's leaping.
- Mercy Killer (15 points): Survive the No Mercy campaign.
- Back 2 Help (20 points): Leave a safe room to save an incapped teammate and bring them back safely.
- Toll Collector (15 points): Survive the Death Toll campaign.
- Dead Baron (15 points): Survive the Dead Air campaign.
- Grim Reaper (15 points): Survive the Blood Harvest campaign.
- Ground Cover (30 points): Save another Survivor from a Special Infected while on the ground.
- Clean Kill (10 points): Shove a Boomer and then kill him without him splashing on anyone.
- Big Drag (20 points): Drag a Survivor 100 feet with your tongue.
- Chain Smoker (20 points): Constrict two Survivors in one life as a Smoker.
- Barf Bagged (20 points): Cover four Survivors with Boomer bile at once.
- Double Jump (20 points): Pounce two different Survivors in one life as a Hunter.
- All 4 Dead (30 points): Kill all four Survivors in one life while playing as a Tank.
- Dead Wreckening (20 points): Dole out 5000 total Survivor damage as a Special Infected.
- Lamb 2 Slaughter (20 points): As an Infected, incap a Survivor who has entered and left a safe room.
Open the door after completing a level
At the end of the level where the safe room is located, when closing the door keep tapping X. When the door closes, it will open and the level will be finished. The door will be closed the next day.
"Dead Air: The Construction Site": Shortcut
Note: This requires an unpatched version of the game. In "The Construction Site", there is a metal door and a raised fence by the barricade that you burn. Jump on the fence and follow it until it begins to go downward. At this point, jump on the metal siding "door". Note: Some practice may be required.
"Dead Air: The Crane": Shortcut
Note: This requires an unpatched version of the game. In "The Crane", jump on the fence after climbing on the vent cover. Go across the fence then jump to the other side of the horizontal fence. Turn left and go to the end. Jump up and to the right to air conditioning unit box on the corner of the next building. Once on the next building, go to the left corner. Jump to the top branch of the tree below you. You will lose a lot of health after landing. However you will be at the next safe room.
"Dead Air: The Crane": Get to the street
In Survival mode (obtained by downloading the Survival Pack from the Xbox Live Marketplace), play Dead Air: Crane. This trick requires at least two people, but is more fun with four. If playing with three or four people, have one person hold A and run off the building onto the truck below. If done correctly you will be incapacitated. Have the next person run off while holding A + X. If done correctly, the second person will float down and sustain only 40 to 60 points of damage, but will be able to revive the person that is incapacitated. If playing a three person game, leave the incapacitated person for the next player to use to get down after activating the crane or leave the third person on the roof to die with the bot. On a four person game, have two people run off holding A, one person run off holding A + X, and leave one person on the truck for the person activating the lift. when You try this with only two people, one person must be incapacitated, and the other person must start the lift and run off while holding A + X, otherwise you cannot get to the street. You then must use your pain pills or health pack. Note: Do not use both, but the pain pills are the recommended choice. One at a time, jump from the hood of the truck and get past the wooden pole. Three things can happen when you do this.
- If you land past the pole you will sustain no damage and are officially on the street.
- If you land next to or near the pole, you will be incapacitated but will not die. Have someone revive you.
- If you land behind the pole, you will be incapacitated but will die immediately afterward. If someone tries to revive you they will also become incapacitated and die. If this happened, you have landed behind the point known as the "death barrier". If at any time you decide to walk past the wooden pole you will automatically die.
If you are on the street between the first two building you walk to, walk forward from where you land to find an alley. In this alley you cannot be attacked by zombies, and if a Tank tries to enter the alley he dies. However if you let a Tank follow you and are hanging out on the sidewalk and he is close enough to punch you, he can get into the alley. Note: If you jump rather than run off the building during the first step you will die even if you land on the truck. If you are going to revive an incapacitated person that is on the truck, do not jump off. Doing so will incapacitate you. In order to get past the pole you must use either the pain pills or health pack unless you are already in green health. Being in the alley for a long time will get boring. If you want to shoot zombies, stand on the sidewalk and shoot any zombies that come your way. You cannot be attacked by the Smoker Tongue unless you decide to stand in the street, but you can still be attacked by any other zombie (Hunters, Common, Boomers, Tanks). If you plan on staying on the sidewalk, bring any weapon of your choice but for extra fun bring the hunting rifle so you can snipe zombies off the rooftop.
"Dead Air: Runway": Fly
In Campaign Live or Versus mode, if you hit the machine a number of times then jump on top of it in a certain direction, it will send you across the screen.
"Death Toll": Extra health with pain pills
Note: This only works with pain pills (or if someone gives them to you). There is water located near the location you get rescued (last stage). Before summoning the horde, duck underneath the water until you are incapacitated. Make sure there are teammates close by to save you. Let them help you up or give you pills if you need them, then use the pills under the water. Stand up after using the pills and your health will go to up to 124. Note: This was done under the Easy difficulty setting.
"No Mercy The Apartments": Leave level boundary
- Note: This has only been tested on Versus mode online. When you start the campaign, jump on the wall that is away from the alley. When looking towards the street, go to the right. When looking down, you will see a white "board". Jump for the board. If you do not jump, you will be revived from your teammates and can try again. If you jump and miss, you will die. When you land on the board, heal yourself. Then, jump down to the ground. On the other side of the street is a desk-like object in front of an alley. Jump over the desk. Only common infected can get over that desk. That is all that that you can do. Stay away from the Hummer. If you get about five feet or closer to it you will randomly get killed.
- This can only happen on Versus mode and you must be a Hunter. Start by getting on the rooftop that is basically the building in the center of the map. Face the other end of the street, not where the gas trucker is found, but the other one. Aim for the light post. Jump and land on top of it. Jump up to the ledge on the building in front of you. Then, jump to the fire escape stairs. Run up to the top of the stairs, then jump on the roof. Go all the way to the back and turn left. Start walking. You will pass over an alley, and a second one you must jump over. From there, make your way beyond the buildings. Refer to this map. You will eventually fall down to a street. There is here nothing of importance, but you are outside of the map.
"No Mercy: The Hospital": Drop through elevator
In Versus mode, when you are going through the hospital trying to get the elevator, find an oxygen tank. Carry it with you until you get into the elevator. Once you are in the elevator, choose one of your teammates and throw the oxygen tank at them. They will fall through the elevator floor and die.
"No Mercy: The Hospital": Lock people out of elevator
Note: This is an extremely difficult trick to complete. Once everybody is in the elevator, order one person to get outside of it. To do this correctly, the person that is going outside must be slightly in front of the blood spot of the elevator, so that the game thinks that it is safe to close the doors. Immediately start the elevator the moment the person starts walking out. If the timing is perfect, it should work. Note: This was done while everyone on the server had a two bar connection, making it not lagged but causing events in the game to slow down at parts.
"No Mercy: The Sewer": Easy way through
Note: This requires an unpatched version of the game. Over by the trucks is a door that you can open later. However if you have some people meleeing it, it will eventually break.
Play against NPCs only on Versus Live
This trick can be done with two to four players. When in the lobby, have someone change to any character except for random or infected. Then, have the other person (people) change to infected. Have the person on survivors go to "Change Character" and highlight the "Infected" option. Start the game and have the person switch to infected before the game finds a dedicated server. The game will start, and there will be no one on the other team. It will take about two to five minutes before the NPCs open the door and leave the safe room. Note: If you kill the survivors or the survivors win, the game will not end. If someone joins the other team, it will be fixed and the game will continue. This glitch only works on the first levels of Blood Harvest and No Mercy.
Get revived by Infected
A Tank and Hunter can revive you if you become incapacitated. Hold X when you are near an incapacitated person if you are Infected.
Fire all M16 rounds in one burst
Select Survival mode and have the M16 equipped with a full clip. hold LT to start melee. Quickly tap Y(2). Hold RT for approximately 5 seconds. Release LT and you should fire all fifty rounds in one burst. This is useful for tanks.
Note: This requires an unpatched version of the game. Go to any mounted minigun on any level. Stay behind it and start to melee it. You can do this by yourself or get other people to do this. Every time your gun hits the minigun, its launching strength will increase. Once you hit it enough, jump on top of it. This will either make you bounce very high or launch you across the map to your death. Bouncing straight up on it allows you to get to unreachable places such as buildings, airplanes, barriers. etc.
Free roam camera
- Note: This has only been tested on No Mercy. Enable the "Play against NPCs only on Versus Live" glitch. Kill all of the survivors. Then, go back to the respawn point. Have all of the infected up on the rooftop. Jump down on the Hummer. It will kill all of the infected. Wait for a few seconds, and you will now have a free roam camera, like on the PC version of the game. There are no secrets, but there is a mini-city of No Mercy underground that is very interesting.
- Use the following trick to get a free roam camera without all NPC characters. Note: This only lasts for a very short time. It also works best if you are at a place where people can jump off somewhere to die. Have a rigged team, where four of your friends are on the NPC team and three of your friends are on Infected. Then have all eight people jump off. They will all die, and you (The Infected) should have a free roam camera. Note: This was tested on No Mercy: The Hospital.
Easy "Zombicidal Maniac" and "What Are You Trying To Prove" achievements
There is a glitch will allow a friend to invite you into the last chapter of any episode (as long as it is from the Dashboard). Completing it from that chapter will make the game flag that you have gone through the entire campaign and not just that last chapter. This also works for all other achievements related to doing a "whole campaign", such as "Safety First" and "Upset Stomach". Only people invited in from the Dashboard will receive the achievements, and not the person inviting.
Zoey has three hands
On the movie poster for "No Mercy", look closely to see that Zoey has three hands holding her gun.
Tanks will float when dead.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs