Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360)
Dark Carnival: Counter-Strike: Source weapons
Created by iYoghurt.
Either play the German version of the game or have someone with the German version in your game. Weapons from Counter-Strike: Source will spawn on the table.
"Dead Center: Level 2": Weapon descriptions
Enter the gun shop to get a detailed description of all weapons, except for the grenade launcher.
"Parish: Level 2" Skip Infected at the bus depot
Enter the Developer Commentary mode for the Parish. Go to level 2. When at the bus depot, only two to four Infected will appear.
"Swamp Fever: Level 1": "Eat Your Brains" song
In the bar in the abandoned town, find the jukebox and play it to hear "Eat Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton.
Defeating Hunters or Jockeys
Use the shove move on a Hunter while he is jumping at you to force him to stumble back, therefore preventing him from landing on you. Doing this for the Jockey works as well. However it does not work for a Charger who is running, a Witch, or Tank.
Use the following tactics to kill playable and special Infected.
- Playable Infected
- Charger: Get close to it. This will prevent it from charging and it can only inflict melee damage. This makes it easier for you to kill it with any weapon (melee and guns alike).
- Jockey: Get into a huddle with your teammates and wait for the Jockey to present itself. When you see it, all teammates can fire on the Jockey at the same time. Huddling together will prevent it from launching at you.
- Smoker: Use similar strategy as the Charger. You must get directly in front of it before disposing it. Smokers use their tongues to grab survivors from far distances but it cannot do that when you are in its face.
- Special Infected
- Hunter: When it is in its pouncing position, use a shotgun to nudge it away, then shoot it in the face.
- Boomer: Aim for the stomach and stay as far back as possible.
- Spitter: Aim for the head and be ready to leap out of the way.
- Tank: Get to high ground and shoot it out. In co-op mode, use a grenade launcher for a frontal assault while your teammates fire at its back with shotguns. An alternate method is to deal no damage to the Tank, but instead hide somewhere and let the survivor A.I. deal with it.
You can kill zombies by jumping on them. When on a high ledge (any high point where you can jump over Infected) and there are infected below you, drop down on top of them and they will die.
Use an adrenaline shot, then use your medikit to heal. This takes a lot less time, especially when you are dealing with a horde.
In the second level of "The Parish" chapter, when you get to the bar with the jukebox inside, keep skipping through the songs. It will eventually play the song "I'm Still Alive" from Portal.
Easy "SACRIFIZZLE" achievement
This requires two players, one as a survivor and the other as a special infected. Create a game only for friends versus lobby and invite one friend who will be playing as a survivor. Select "The Sacrifice" campaign and the last map, "Port Finale". Let survivors activate all three generators, one by one to allow access to the bridge. Each generator will spawn a Tank, which you can control. When the survivors have activated all three generators and are on the bridge, have your friend leave the bridge and stand next to the generator. Incapacitate him quickly, before the Tanks reach him or her. Note: Bots can kill you from the bridge. Because of this, consider using the Charger because its higher health and difficulty to kill.
Survive giant swarms
Find a corner and have a melee weapon equipped. Hold RB and aim at approaching zombies. Note: You may get hit a few times.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Price Chopper (20 points): Survive the Dead Center campaign.
- Midnight Rider (20 points): Survive the Dark Carnival campaign.
- Ragin' Cajun (20 points): Survive the Swamp Fever campaign.
- Weatherman (20 points): Survive the Hard Rain campaign.
- Bridge Burner (20 points): Survive the Parish campaign.
- Still Something To Prove (35 points): Survive all campaigns on Expert.
- The Real Deal (35 points): Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled.
- Confederacy Of Crunches (30 points): Finish a campaign using only melee weapons.
- Head Honcho (15 points): Decapitate 200 Infected with a melee weapon.
- Club Dead (15 points): Use every melee weapon to kill Common Infected.
- Chain Of Command (15 points): Kill 100 Common Infected with the chainsaw.
- Tank Burger (30 points): Kill a Tank with melee weapons.
- Shock Jock (30 points): Revive 10 dead Survivors with the defibrillator.
- The Quick And The Dead (30 points): Revive 10 incapacitated Survivors while under the speed-boosting effects of adrenaline.
- Armory Of One (15 points): Deploy an ammo upgrade and have your team use it.
- Burning Sensation (15 points): Ignite 50 Common Infected with incendiary ammo.
- Dismemberment Plan (20 points): Kill 15 Infected with a single grenade launcher blast.
- Septic Tank (15 points): Use a bile bomb on a Tank.
- Crass Menagerie (20 points): Kill one of each Uncommon Infected.
- Dead In The Water (20 points): Kill 10 swampy Mudmen while they are in the water.
- Robbed Zombie (15 points): Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed.
- Cl0wnd (15 points): Honk the noses of 10 Clowns.
- Fried Piper (15 points): Using a Molotov, burn a Clown leading at least 10 Common Infected.
- Level A Charge (15 points): Kill a Charger with a melee weapon while they are charging.
- Acid Reflex (15 points): Kill a Spitter before she is able to spit.
- A Ride Denied (15 points): Kill a Jockey within 2 seconds of it jumping on a Survivor.
- Stache Whacker (15 points): Prove you are faster than Moustachio. (Video)
- Gong Show (15 points): Prove you are stronger than Moustachio. (Video)
- Guardin' Gnome (30 points): Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival.
- Wing And A Prayer (30 points): Defend yourself at the crashed airliner without taking damage.
- Sob Story (30 points): Navigate the sugar mill and reach the safe room without killing any Witches.
- Violence In Silence (30 points): Navigate the impound lot and reach the cemetary safe room without tripping any alarms.
- Bridge Over Trebled Slaughter (30 points): Cross the bridge finale in less than three minutes.
- Heartwarmer (20 points): In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.
- Strength In Numbers (15 points): Form a team and beat an enemy team in 4v4 Versus or Scavenge.
- Qualified Ride (15 points): As the Jockey, ride a Survivor for more than 12 seconds.
- Back In The Saddle (15 points): As the Jockey, ride the Survivors twice in a single life.
- Rode Hard, Put Away Wet (20 points): As the Jockey, ride a Survivor and steer them into a Spitter's acid patch.
- Great Expectorations (15 points): As the Spitter, hit every Survivor with a single acid patch.
- A Spittle Help From My Friends (15 points): As the Spitter, spit on a Survivor being choked by a Smoker.
- Scattering Ram (20 points): As the Charger, bowl through the entire enemy team in a single charge.
- Meat Tenderizer (20 points): As the Charger, grab a Survivor and smash them into the ground for a solid 15 seconds.
- Long Distance Carrier (15 points): As the Charger, grab a Survivor and carry them over 80 feet.
- Beat The Rush (15 points): In a Survival round, get a medal only using melee weapons.
- Hunting Party (15 points): Win a game of Scavenge.
- Gas Guzzler (20 points): Collect 100 gas cans in Scavenge.
- Cache And Carry (20 points): Collect 15 gas cans in a single Scavenge round.
- Scavenge Hunt (15 points): Stop the enemy team from collecting any gas cans during a Scavenge round.
- Fuel Crisis (15 points): Make a Survivor drop a gas can during overtime.
- Gas Shortage (20 points): Cause 25 gas can drops as a Special Infected.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award.
- Med Kit: Beat all five campaigns.
- Bull Shifters Shirt: Win ten games of Versus.
- Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt: Win ten games of Scavenge.
- Zombie Hand Shirt: Kill 10,000 Infected.
- Depeche Mode Shirt: Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.
Swamp Fever: Shanty Town: Easy win at drawbridge horde
When you get to the part of the small drawbridge and you start lowering it, walk on it anyways. The bridge will stop lowering. It does so every time you step on it. Wait until the bridge is slanted perfectly with the roof of the building overhead so that it acts as a ramp. Once so, you can now cross and can get on top of this roof. The zombies approach from only the corner of the building, allowing you to pick each one off. This is a better way to conserve health at this point.
Move backwards off map
Grab a gas tank and any gun besides a grenade launcher. Go to a ledge that is high up, such as the heli-pad in the bridge finale of The Parish. Stand about five feet away from the gas tank. Shoot it and immediately tap Y rapidly. You should be moving slowly backwards non-stop. Not even leaving the map will stop you.
Reset the time during survival on stadium gate
Go to the machine that you have to play to earn the "Stache Whacker" achievement. Play until the machine breaks. The timer will start, but the stadium gate timer does not go away. When you press the "Use" button on it, the timer will start at 0:00 again.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs