Madden NFL 08 (Xbox 360)
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- 60 Yard Pass (15 points): Complete a 60 yard pass.
- 60 Yard Run (15 points): Complete a 60 yard run.
- 90 Yard Pass (30 points): Complete a 90 yard pass.
- 80 Yard Run (35 points): Complete an 80 yard run.
- Intercept 2 Passes (20 points): Get 2 interceptions with one player.
- Intercept 5 Passes (35 points): Intercept 5 total passes in one game.
- Deflect 4 Passes (20 points): Deflect 4 or more passes with one player.
- 7 Sacks with One Player (35 points): Sack the Quarterback 7 times with one player in one game.
- 8 Tackles with One Player (10 points): Get 8 tackles with one player in one game.
- Recover 2 Fumbles (25 points): Recover 2 fumbles in one game with one player.
- Force 3 Fumbles (10 points): Force 3 fumbles with one player.
- 200 Kick Return Yards (20 points): Achieve 200 Kick Return Yards with One Player. Max 5 minute quarter.
- 200 Punt Return Yards (20 points): Get 200 punt return yards in one game with one player.
- 4 TD Passes (10 points): Throw 4 touchdown passes in one game.
- Score 84 Points (35 points): Score 84 or more points in one game. Max 5 minute quarter.
- 10 Catches in a Row (15 points): Catch ten passes in a row with one player. Max 5 minute quarter.
- 20 Completions in a Row (25 points): Get 20 completions in a row with one player.
- 300 Pass Yards (10 points): Achieve 300 passing yards in one game.
- 500 Pass Yards (30 points): Pass for 500 yards in one game.
- 80 Percent Pass Completion (15 points): Complete 80 percent of the attempted passes in one game.
- 100 Percent Pass Completion (25 points): 100 Percent Pass Completion.
- Complete 25 Passes (30 points): Complete 25 passes in one game.
- 1 Catch by Seven Players (20 points): Catch one pass with seven players.
- 200 Pass Yards (10 points): Get 200 passing yards in a game.
- 2 TD Catches with One Player (10 points): Get 2 touchdown catches with one player.
- 150 Receiving Yards (15 points): Achieve 150 receiving yards with one player.
- 200 Receiving Yards (25 points): Get 200 receiving yards with one player.
- 100 Rec Yards with 2 Players (15 points): Get 100 reception yards by two players.
- 10 Catches with One Player (15 points): Get 10 receptions with one player.
- 200 Rush Yards (15 points): Rush for 200 yards or more with one player in one game.
- 40 Rush Attempts with One Player (15 points): Attempt 40 rushes with one player in one game. Max 5 minute quarter.
- Average 20 Yards Rushing (25 points): Average 20 yards rushing per attempt with one player in one game.
- 150 Rush Yards in One Qtr (25 points): Get 150 yards or more rushing in one quarter with one player.
- 250 Rush Yards (25 points): Rush for 250 yards with one player in one game.
- 100 Rush Yards with One Player (15 points): Get 100 rush yards with One Player.
- 100 Rush Yards with Two Players (30 points): Get 100 rushing yards with two players.
- 400 Yards on Offense (10 points): Achieve 400 yards of offense in one game. Max 5 minute quarter.
- 650 Yards on Offense (30 points): Get 650 yards on offense. Max 5 minute quarter.
- No Dropped Passes (20 points): Don't drop a pass for an entire game. Min 5 minute quarter.
- No Sacks Allowed (20 points): Don't allow a sack for an entire game. Min 5 minute quarter.
- 3 2pt Conversions Passing (35 points): Pass for three 2 point conversions in one game.
- 3 2pt Conversions Rushing (35 points): Rush for three 2 point conversions in one game.
- Average 20 Yards Receiving (25 points): Average 20 yards receiving with one player in one game.
- Intercept 3 Passes (20 points): Get 3 interceptions in one game.
- 3 Rushing TDs (15 points): Get 3 rushing touchdowns with one player.
- 4 Sacks (10 points): Get 4 sacks with one player in one game. Max 5 minute quarter.
- 40 Yard Field Goal (15 points): Kick a 40 or more yard field goal.
- 50 Yard Field Goal (20 points): Kick a 50 yard or more field goal.
Xbox 360 Off the line, without speed burst, instantly juke right then left. The CB will be fooled. Speed burst, run a 45 degree angle to the center of the field, and call for the ball. Either the CB will be far away or he will be behind you, and you will catch it almost every time usually for an easy touchdown. This also works during games but it takes some of the fun out of running routes. Instead of right then left, do left then right and catch the ball running up the line for a big gain.
Xbox 360 Use the following trick for an easy touchdown or first down. Make sure that you have a fast QB or this might not work. When it is third down and you need a first down, call a pass play. By doing this, the defenders will lay off you slightly. When you see an open gap, run in that direction. Run in a 45 degree angle when defenders start to get close. When a group of defenders start to approach you, make a QB dive so that you cross the line to get a first down or touchdown. This also works well in Superstar mode. Do not wait too long or you may get sacked.
sfciye vemfa ieic
Xbox 360 To score easily, get a spread set with two receivers on one side. Then, do a hot route on the inside receiver and press the Right Analog-stick in the opposite direction of the quarterback, making an outer slant. This should help you score or get a lot of yards.
Always have first pick in draft
Start a franchise with the trade deadline off. Sim
or play the season to Week 17. Find out which team has the worst
record. Trade your first draft pick for their first pick and they
will always accept. Note: You can also do this with second through
seventh draft picks as well.
Fantasy Challenge mode: Getting players
Xbox 360 Make sure you have all the desired players from that league on your team before the last game (championship). You will not be able to get the players if you win the championship because you will move on to the next league.
Fantasy Challenge: Recommended players
In Fantasy Challenge mode, two very good and cheap players are Mike Alstott (FB) and Antrell Rolle (CB). Rolle has great catching. It is almost a guaranteed interception in every game that he plays. You should get the cheapest players at every position then save it. Go to "Rosters" under "Features" at the main menu and increase your players to a 99 overall. Doing this will make your team cheap and outstanding. Also, no one will be able to negotiate your players away.
Franchise mode: Recommended players
When playing in Franchise mode, visit the Free Agent screen. Sign a free agent names Jordan Beck. He is a middle linebacker 71 overall. Change his position to defensive end and he will be
90 overall. The same thing works for a lot of the other linebackers when changed to defensive end. Also, you can change Ladainian Tomlinson's position to linebacker. Do this, then trade for him. He will have an F trade rating and his team will accept almost any player in a trade. When signed release him then resign him to save cap room. Then, change his position back to running back. He will be 99 again. This can be done for lots of other players.
In Franchise mode, take any quarterback in the league (Peyton Manning is the highest overall). When you go to the roster and select them, and go to edit the player. Change his position to
a WR. He will have a 30 overall (if you selected Manning), and you can trade any pick or player for him.
Go to the "Trade" screen in "Roster Management". Go to your favorite team then trade for very young players in every position. Edit them to the best stats and go to Franchise for a very good team.
Superstar mode: Set team and player rating
At the main menu, go to "My Madden" then
to "Create-A-Player". Create them however desired, but
set what team you want to be on in Superstar mode and make them
a rookie. When you go to "Player Rating" select "Create
Custom". You can now make your player as good or bad as desired.
Exit the Create-A-Player mode. If you do not want to change your
default rosters, select the "Keep player without saving"
option. Then, go to "Game Modes" and choose "Superstar".
Then, choose "New Superstar" and select the "Play
as Rookie" option. Find your created person under the list
of players. This will give you control of the Superstar at the
start of preseason, and he will be exactly the same that as he
was when you created him. This works well if you are bad at the
mini-games and cannot get a good player normally.
Superstar mode: Start your Superstar with 99 in ratings
Go into the Superstar Hall Of Fame and select a player based on which position you would like to play through, appearance, etc. At this point you are not selecting them, but you know which
player to alter. Go into Roster mode, then to the players' team and begin alteration. You can change all the characteristics that let you highlight them as usual. Once you have changed the appearance, etc. go to ratings and adjust them as desired. Go back into Superstar mode and the player you modified will be at the top (if you made them with perfect ratings).
Go to the rosters. Look for a player that is a rookie at your position. Alter that player as desired (appearance, build, etc.), then change the ratings to suit your taste. If needed, trade that player to your favorite team. When leaving rosters the game will save. Then, start Superstar mode and choose "Rookie from 07 class". Be aware that this player's ratings will apply to other game modes. Select your player and continue.
Superstar mode: Easy kicker and punter stats
Use the following trick to get more field goals and punts in Superstar mode. If you are a punter, put him as a QB, then on your audibles set a play called "Punt". If you are a kicker, put him as a QB, then set "Field Goal" on your audible. Call the audible as soon as the offensive line is formed. You can now rack up more field goals from your opposition's 42 yard line forward. If the ball is spotted on the 50 yard line, you will shoot from about 15 to 18 yards further back than that (which is already an NFL record).
Superstar mode: Touchbacks
Use the following trick to acquire influence credits for touchbacks from kickoffs or punts for a Superstar punter and kicker, and to make sure that your touchbacks will be credited to your Hall of Fame resume as well as your stats line. Do not just boot the ball out of the endzone so that the returner cannot catch it. Make sure the returner catches the ball and kneels down.
Superstar mode: Maintaining positive ego
Even when you can back up a promise and win the game, never arrange media with the agent if you want to maintain a positive ego and avoid becoming a "lone wolf". However, being a "lone wolf" is useful for transforming a pocket QB to a makeshift scrambling QB.
Superstar mode: Get drafted by any team on Superstar hall of fame
When you make your profile at the main menu, select
the team that you want to be drafted by as your favorite team.
When you start your superstar and get to the draft, a message
will appear stating "Would you be interested in being drafted
by your favorite team?". Select "Yes" and you will
be on that team.
Fantasy Challenge mode
Make sure you have all the desired players from that league on your team before the last game (championship). You will not be able to get the players if you win the championship because you will move on to the next league.
Fantasy Challenge mode: Unlocking bonus teams
To unlock NFC Hall of Fame, AFC Hall of Fame, Dummies, Glaciers, Deceivers, and Tridents, you must defeat them in Fantasy Challenge mode. They will be under the last league, called the Supreme League. Once they are beaten you will be able to play with them in Play Now mode. The easiest way to beat the Supreme teams is to change the difficulty to Rookie or Pro. Another way to unlock the Hall Of Fame teams is to buy their Madden cards, which appear randomly when you buy cards for 100 tokens.
Three human players on the same team
Use the following trick to have three controllers assigned to the same team. Note: Player two must be using a wireless controller. Turn on all three controllers on. Choose the same team with controllers one and two. Then, during the game, press Start on controller one. Enter the options menu. Turn off the controller two. Using controller one, go to "Settings" then "Controller Setup". Slide the controller three to the same team. Return to the pause menu. Just prior to resuming the game, turn on controller two again. That controller will rumble to confirm correct code entry. All three players will now be on the same team after the next play.
To get most of the achievements very easily, start Franchise mode and play three or four games. After each game you should unlock four or five achievements because it counts for your teammates doing the objectives as well as yourself. Even if you sit around, you will still get achievements just from your team.
Easy achievements and Ring Points
Select the "Play Now" option at the main menu. Select the Patriots and play against the Browns under the Rookie difficulty with 15 minute quarters. When the game begins, press Start and go to "Supersim". Supersim the entire game. Doing this four or five times can result in many achievements, Gamerpoints and about 100,000 Ring Points.
Go to Franchise mode, then choose a new one. Pick all the teams. After that, sim all the games including preseason, season, playoffs, Super Bowl and the AFC and NFC championship games. After that, do not save anything and back out of the season. Go to the main menu. You will notice that your ring achievements are higher than before. You can keep doing this for as long as desired. You can reach the Master ring level quickly.
Disguising your play in a two player game
If you and an opponent are playing on the same Xbox
360 (and not on Xbox Live), you can disguise your play by holding
A on the play you wish to choose. Then, scroll around that
package and release A when you want to go to the field.
This is a good way to trick a friend who looks at your plays when
you play a two player game.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs