Madden NFL 09 (Xbox 360)
To score easily, get a spread set with two receivers on one side. Then, do a hot route on the inside receiver and press the Right Analog-stick in the opposite direction of the quarterback, making an outer slant. This should help you score or get a lot of yards.
- You can make depth chart changes to help you when training players. For example, if you are training someone on defense, such as a linebacker, go to the depth chart and substitute the running back for someone with a lower rating. This will make things easier when you do the lineman challenge. You can use this trick to help train almost any position.
tfyfca bioh br, hrcawpf
- Use this trick to build up your players in Franchise mode easier. Select a player you want to improve (for example, your defensive lineman). Then, take the slowest player on your team (for example, your kicker), go to "Player Management", and change him to a running back. Then, start him on the depth chart. When you go through the drill you will be tackling the slow kicker instead of someone such as Frank Gore.
You can change a player's position to improve other attributes. In Franchise mode, you can make your Wide Receiver improve his blocking or your defensive lineman speed faster just by changing their position. Go to "Player Management" and change any player to another position (for example, your strong safety to a linebacker). Select that SS (who now is a LB) and do the Smart LB drill. When you complete the drill correctly, switch him back to his original SS position. The points you earn will reflect as a Smart Safety.
Select any player in Superstar mode
Go to "My Madden" then to "Rosters". Go to "Player Management" and go to "NFL Greats". Release whoever desired. Then, go to "Free Agents" and put the desired player on a team. When you start Superstar mode, go to play as a rookie and find your player. If you selected a great, he should be close to the top. This also works if you create a player. When you create a player and put him on a team, he is a rookie. When you go to Superstar mode he should also be there.
Re-signing players for less
Use the following trick to re-sign players for less in Franchise mode off-season. When you go to re-sign players, go to your "Player Management" screen first. Change the player that you want to re-sign to another position, such as a kicker or punter (the worst overall possible). Go back to re-sign that player for a lot less. Note: You cannot save the change unless you have enough players at that position after you change the player's position. For example, to change a cornerback to a kicker you must have four other cornerbacks remaining.
Getting first round draft pick
When in Franchise mode and after all Week 17 games have been played (including your own), trade all of your draft picks to the worst team in the NFL. When you have traded all of them you will have the first pick of every round instead of whatever you have. Note: This only works if you have turned the trade deadline off before starting your franchise.
Different free agents
In Franchise mode off-season, after you re-sign your players save the game. Enter Free Agent mode. If you do not like the free agents available (for example, if you need a top wide receiver and there are none), reload the game until you like the players that are available. You can also do this to make your division easier. For example, if you are the Jets and Randy Moss goes from the Patriots to the Rams then you do not have to worry about facing a player like that twice a season.
Placing Brett Farve on the Jets
Go to "My Madden", then to "Rosters". Go to "Player Management" then to "NFL Greats". Find Brett Farve and release him. Then, go to "Free Agents" and sign him to the Jets or any team of your choice.
Easy "Midway Monster" achievement
Go to "Create A Superstar". Enter Bones as a case-sensitive first name and Jackson as a case-sensitive last name. Save the character to unlock the achievement.
Franchise mode: Unlimited team captains
To have as many Team Capitans as desired, go to "Rosters", then "Roster Management", then organize the players under "All NFL" and not just your team. Once done, find the player(s) you would like to name as an additional team Captain. Select that player using A then choose "Name Team Capitan". By doing it that way, you can have as many as desired. Note: To do this, you must view players by "All NFL"; if you have just your team showing, it will not work.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- 2 TD Kickoff Returns in a game (75 points): Return 2 Kickoffs for a TD in a game (non co-op).
- Shut out Rival in a Franchise (50 points): Shut out Rival in a Franchise game (non co-op).
- Kick a FG for over 50 yards (15 points): Kick a FG for over 50 yards in a Franchise game (non co-op).
- Complete a game without an INT (30 points): Complete a game without an interception, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
- 6 Rush TDs with the Dolphins (50 points): 6 Rush TDs in a game with the Dolphins (non co-op).
- Catch 10 passes in a game (50 points): Catch 10 passes in a game with one receiver (non co-op).
- Complete game without fumbling (25 points): Complete a game without fumbling, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
- 2 TD Punt Returns in a game (65 points): 2 TD Punt Returns in a game (non co-op).
- Intercept 6 passes in a game (50 points): Intercept 6 passes in a game (non co-op).
- Hold a Rival to under 300 yards (50 points): Hold a Rival to under 300 yards total offense in a game (non co-op).
- Score 60 points in a Rival game (30 points): Score 60 points in a Rival game (non co-op).
- Score 40 points in a Rival game (20 points): Score 40 points in a Rival game (non co-op).
- Record 12 sacks in a game (50 points): Record 12 sacks in a game (non co-op).
- 6 sacks with 1 player in a game (50 points): 6 sacks with 1 player in a game (non co-op).
- 80% completion for a game (50 points): 80% pass completion in a Franchise game, 5 min+ quarter length (non co-op).
- 7 Pass TDs with the Falcons (50 points): Throw 7 pass TDs in a game with the Falcons (non co-op).
- 550 Pass Yds with the Titans (50 points): 550 Pass Yds in a game with the Titans (non co-op).
- 300 Rush Yds with the Jets (10 points): 300 Rush Yds in a game with the Jets (non co-op).
- Hold a Rival to under 20 points (10 points): Hold a Rival team to under 20 points in a game (non co-op).
- Midway Monster (50 points): Create a legendary player from the past. (Video)
- Can You Believe These Seats?! (30 points): Celebrate a touchdown in a wall hotspot. (Video)
- Steal Their Thunder (30 points): Steal an opposing player's touchdown celebration. (Video)
- Slam Dunk All-Star (30 points): Dunk the ball over the goalpost (or at least attempt to) after a touchdown. (Video)
- Shine In The Spotlight (30 points): Celebrate a touchdown in an endzone hotspot.
Additionally there is one secret achievement.
- Now Here's A Guy (50 points): "Thanks for buying Madden NFL 09. Here's to another 20 years." Create a player named "John Madden" and assign him to any team. (Video)
Strategy guides from GameFAQs