Mafia 2 (PlayStation3)
Add to this page!
- Go to Bruski's Scrapyard. Break into the random car located near the car crusher. You do not need to pick the lock because there are no police nearby. Drive the car into the car crusher, then crush it to get approximately $400. Enter the car you came in and drive it out of the scrap yard through the north exit. Continue on this road until you drive under a bridge. Then, turn around and return to the scrap yard. Another random car will have respawned near the car crusher. Repeat the process as many times as desired. This will also unlock "Proper Scrapper" achievement or trophy easily.
- Go to any store and spend some money. Then, pull out a gun and rob the store. You will get more money than you would by just robbing the store alone. Note: If you are in desperate need of money, do this trick in a gun store.
Removing wanted level
- If you are wanted, go to the closest phone and make a call. It will give you the choice to bribe the police. Choose to bribe them and a policeman will pick up. You will be no longer wanted after the call.
- When you are on a mission with a three star or higher wanted level, the police will not take bribes and will shoot you. To avoid getting killed, go to to the nearest shop. Target a gun on shop's owner. Use the phone and you will get an option to bribe the police. Bribe the police and they will not shoot you and leave you alone. Note: You will not be able to bribe by using phone when your blue police bar is full.
Avoiding death near cars
When you are hiding behind a car in a gun fight, do not get near the engine. If the engine part is facing the enemy, their gunfire can cause it to explode and kill you.
Easy "Jacked Jumper" achievement or trophy
Go to one of the indicated locations, either south of North Millville on the east side of the map; or in Hunters Point on the west side of map (Screenshot). The location south of North Millville has no traffic, allowing you to accelerate easily. Slow down slightly before hitting the ramp or you may collide with a crossbeam once in the air. The Hunters Point location will require acceleration while maneuvering between cars. You also may collide with trees or a house after the jump.
Easy "Pedal To The Metal" achievement or trophy
Created by XCVii007r1.
Gilbert Gottfried reference
In Chinatown, there is a shoe shiner that looks and sounds like Gilbert Gottfried.
Jimi Hendrix reference
When you crush the car that has the bartender's body in it after Joe killed him, you will earn an achievement or trophy named "Hey Joe". In the Jimi Hendrix song "Hey Joe" the lyrics include the line "Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand."
Zero Wing reference
When you go to prison and to the yard, you will find a crazy man in the center. He says phrases such as "All your base are belong to us", "Someone set us up the bomb", and "You have no chance to survive make you time", from Zero Wing. If you talk to him, he will run away.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation3 trophy rewards.
- Viva la Resistenza! (Bronze): Complete Chapter 1.
- Home Sweet Home (Bronze): Complete Chapter 2.
- Back in Business (Bronze): Do your first job for Mike Bruski.
- Big Brother (Bronze): Protect Francesca.
- A Real Gentleman (Bronze): Help the woman fix her car in Home Sweet Home. (Video)
- The Price of Oil (Bronze): Complete Chapter 3.
- The Professional (Bronze): Obtain the ration stamps without raising the alarm. (Video)
- Mail Man (Bronze): Sell all the gas stamps before the time runs out.
- Night Shift (Bronze): Complete Chapter 4.
- Good Spirits (Bronze): Complete Chapter 5.
- Time Well Spent (Bronze): Complete Chapter 6.
- Last Respects (Bronze): Complete Chapter 7.
- The Wild Ones (Bronze): Complete Chapter 8.
- Man of Honor (Bronze): Complete Chapter 9.
- Checking Out (Bronze): Complete Chapter 10.
- Our Good Friend (Bronze): Complete Chapter 11.
- Wake Up Call (Bronze): Help Leo out of a tricky situation without getting caught.
- Chasing the Dragon (Bronze): Complete Chapter 12.
- Chop Chop! (Bronze): Complete Chapter 13.
- Get Rich or Die Flyin' (Bronze): Get all wheels of your car into the air for at least 20 meters and then touch the ground again.
- Pedal to the Metal (Bronze): Travel at 125 mph.
- One Careful Owner (Bronze): Travel a total of 50 miles in one vehicle.
- Proper Scapper (Bronze): Sell 5 vehicles to Mike Bruski at the scrapyard.
- Exporter (Bronze): Sell 5 vehicles to Derek at the dock.
- Cruise Control (Bronze): Keep any vehicle at 30 mph or over for 5 or more minutes.
- Hairdresser (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies in rapid succession with a headshot.
- Knucklehead (Bronze): Kill a total of 30 enemies using melee attacks.
- Stuck Up (Bronze): Rob 5 stores in under 5 minutes.
- The Enforcer (Bronze): Kill 50 enemies.
- Sharp Suiter (Bronze): Buy your first luxury suit.
- Tuned Ride (Bronze): Upgrade one of your cars one level.
- Dream Handling (Bronze): Upgrade one of your cars to the maximum level.
- Hard to Kill (Bronze): The police want you dead. Survive for 10 minutes!
- Collector's Item (Bronze): Find at least one collectible in the game.
- Petrol Head (Bronze): Drive at least 30 different vehicles.
- Met at Work (Silver): Complete Chapter 14.
- Finish Him (Silver): Finish what you started.
- Ladies' Man (Silver): Find all of the Playboy magazines. (Video)
- Card Sharp (Silver): Find all of the Wanted posters. (Video)
- He Who Pays the Barber (Silver): Improve the dockworker's haircuts.
- A Lesson in Manners (Silver): Show that you know how to treat a lady.
- Hey Joe (Silver): Clean up after Joe.
- End of the Rainbow (Silver): Settle the score with the Irish once and for all.
- The Mafia Never Forgets (Silver): Pay a visit to an old friend.
- Out for Justice (Silver): Learn what it means to be a Scaletta.
- Made Man (Gold): Finish the story on Medium difficulty or higher.
- Tough Nut (Gold): Finish the story on Hard difficulty level.
- Platinum Trophy (Platinum): Unlocked when all trophies collected.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs