Mario Kart 7
Add to this page!
Complete all 150cc Cups in first place or "Gold" rank.
ua, oe r, fhid milhm
Alternate title screen
View the true ending.
Finish in first place in all Cups in all kart classes.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding character.
- Daisy: Finish in the first place in the Mushroom Cup 150cc.
- Honey Queen: Finish in first place in the Banana Cup 150cc.
- Lakitu: Finish in the first place in the Lightning Cup 150cc.
- Metal Mario: Finish in the first place in the Special Cup 150cc.
- Mii: Place in the all the cups in the same CC level.
- Queen Bee: Finish in the first place in the Banana Cup 150cc.
- Rosalina: Finish in the first place in the Star Cup 150cc.
- Shy Guy: Finish in the first place in the Shell Cup 150cc.
- Wario: Finish in the first place in the Flower Cup 150cc.
- Wiggler: Finish in the first place in the Leaf Cup 150cc.
Gold kart parts
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding gold part.
- Gold Glider: Connect with 100 people via StreetPass; alternately, collect 10,000 coins.
- Gold Standard Body: Earn a VR higher than 10,000 points; alternately collect 20,000 coins.
- Gold Steering Wheel: Play 100 recent matches and use the first person gyro controls 80% of the time.
- Gold Wheels: Win all Cups on 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and Mirror modes with at least a "1 star" rank.
- Once you have the indicated number of coins you will unlock a random body, glider, or set of wheels. Coins are earned 10 per race (40 per cup)
- Random Part 1: 50 coins
- Random Part 2: 100 coins
- Random Part 3: 150 coins
- Random Part 4: 200 coins
- Random Part 5: 250 coins
- Random Part 6: 300 coins
- Random Part 7: 400 coins
- Random Part 8: 500 coins
- Random Part 9: 600 coins
- Random Part 10: 700 coins
- Random Part 11: 800 coins
- Random Part 12: 900 coins
- Random Part 13: 1,000 coins
- Random Part 14: 1,200 coins
- Random Part 15: 1,400 coins
- Random Part 16: 1,600 coins
- Random Part 17: 1,800 coins
- Random Part 18: 2,000 coins
- Random Part 19: 2,500 coins
- Random Part 20: 3,000 coins
- Random Part 21: 3,500 coins
- Random Part 22: 4,000 coins
- Random Part 23: 4,500 coins
- Random Part 24: 5,000 coins
- Gold Glider: 10.000 coins
- Gold Wheels: 15.000 coins
- Gold Kart: 20.000 coins
- Alternately, receive Mario Kart 7 data from another player through Streetpass. Go to the Mario Kart channel and access the Streetpass data. It will include the kart customization that the other player has set on his or her channel profile. Select "Grand Prix" to participate in a race that the other player has set up on his or her profile. Finish ahead of that players Mii character, and if that person has selected a kart customization has a part that you do not already have, you will unlock that part.
Profile star icons
Complete the indicated task to unlock the indicated number of stars in your profile and next to your nickname during races.
- One star: Win all cups in all modes with a "1-star" rating or better.
- Two stars: Win all cups in all modes with a "2-star" rating or better.
- Three stars: Win all cups in all modes with a "3-star" rating
When the number "2" disappears at the starting line, hold A or Y. If done correctly, you will get a turbo boost when the race starts.
After Lakitu appears to place you back on the track, wait until your kart is dropped. Press R precisely when you are dropped onto the track then press Y or A. If timed correctly, you will resume with a turbo boost.
Gain speed after ramps
Press R when you are at the edge of a ramp. If done correctly, you will perform a trick in mid-air and get a speed boost.
Avoiding the Blue Koopa Shell
Watch the map below while racing. If you are in first place, look at the player's icons on the bottom screen. Their items will be displayed in the corner. If you see someone holding a Blue Koopa Shell and you are in first place, brake suddenly and allow other players zoom out in front of you. Although you will briefly lose your position, the current leader will get hit by the shell and get blown up. Remain behind in fourth or fifth place, then when others get hit accelerate in front. You will soon regain the lead. Because you were not hit by the Blue Koopa Shell it will be easier to catch up to first place afterwards.
Seeing through Blooper Ink
If you get attacked by the Blooper item box, which sends octopus ink all over the screen blocking your vision, look at the map below the top screen. You will still have a clear view of the entire track.
Maka Wuhu track: Shortcuts
- Just before entering the cave, stop and hold A + B, then turn right. If you are in a location where the fence is not blocking your way, use a mushroom to speed into the water. Lakitu will pick you up and place you one curve away from Section 3.
- Note: A mushroom is required for this shortcut. Immediately after passing the line to Section 2, before the cave, make sure the fence to the right has ended. Then, stop, hold A + B (turn right while holding until you are not facing the cliff), then use a mushroom. You must land in the water (past the rock connected to the mountain that separates the water and cave pits). Lakitu should pick you up and drop you about one curve away from Section 3.
Music Park track: Speed boost
Reach the part with the bouncing musical notes near the end of the Music Park Track. Make the ground around them tremble. If the notes bounce your kart, it will cause a loss of speed. If timed correctly, press R at the exact moment when you are bounced to get a speed boost.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs