Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Xbox 360)
Note: Codes are only available after the October 31, 2008 online update is applied to your game and will prevent any achievements from being unlocked. Press Back to activate your PDA during game play. Press LB, RB(2), LB, RB, LB(2), RB(3), LB to enable cheat mode. Press Back. A message will confirm correct code entry. Then, enter one of the following codes at the PDA screen while the PMC on the map is highlighted to activate the corresponding cheat function. Exit the PDA to get a confirmation message that the code is enabled.
Press Up, Down, Left, Down, Right(2) at the PDA screen during game play. This code will affect both players if enabled during Co-Op mode.
Press Up, Down, Left, Right, Left(2) at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Up, Down, Left, Right(2), Left at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Left, Right(2), Left, Up(2), Left, Up at the PDA screen during game play.
All airstrikes except Nuke
Press Right, Left, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, Up at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Up(3), Down(3) at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Up, Right, Down, Left, Up at the PDA screen during game play.
Press Up, Left, Down, Right, Up at the PDA screen during game play. This code will affect both players if enabled during Co-Op mode.
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding equipment.
- Ambassador gunship: Complete level 3 of the Helicopter Flying mission.
- Carpet Bomb: Check Commander Leviathan's job list before the final Allies or China mission. Complete the job to unlock the Carpet Bomb for purchace.
- Diplomat heavy tank: Destroy the targeted buildings for the Allied Nations.
- MOAB bomb: Complete all HVT missions for the Allied Nations.
- Nuclear Bunker Buster: Complete the final contract mission, "Get Solano Part 2" to unlock it for purchase from Eva for $1 million.
Created by jackflowproductions.
To unlock alternate outfits for your mercenary, play the challenge games at the PMC from Fiona. There are a total of three costumes for each one character.
- Jennifer Mui
- Chris Jacobs
- Off Duty
- Mattias Nilsson
Complete any three challenges at level 3 to get the costumes in order. The Pistol challenge us the easiest to complete. Emplacement Weapons and Grenade Launcher challenges are about even, however Emplacement Weapons is perhaps slightly more difficult when you have to shoot the flying cars. The Sniper challenge is by far the most difficult to complete.
Easy Sniper challenge
PlayStation3 or RB
Xbox 360 and not the scope for it. Take out the drums next to the cars first then go the two statues for some extra time.
Winning challenges easily
Bet the maximum money for the level 1 and 2 challenges then save and reload the game until you win. Bet the minimum money for the level 3 challenge.
While playing a mission, call for helicopter extraction to the PMC and bribe the factions so they become friendly. The mission becomes easier, because nobody will be after you. Make sure you buy plenty of attack helicopters before you start the mission. After you bribe the faction, have a helicopter dropped off, then and get back to the mission and complete it.
Easy transport and smuggling missions
Note: This trick only works after you obtain a helicopter pilot and the winch ability. When on a transport or smuggling contract that relies on you not tipping the vehicle and losing the objects inside, summon a helicopter before entering the mission assigned vehicle, as close to the vehicle as possible. Then, enter the mission vehicle. The timer should start. Get back out and take off in your helicopter. Use the winch to grab the mission vehicle and gain as much altitude as possible. If you fly relatively level, you will not lose anything. However even if you bank even slightly to get around obstacles, losses will be minimal as long as you do not actually bank the copter in a hard turn. The vehicle will get tossed about, making the copter harder to fly; but if you travel directly to the drop-off point from the beginning, it will keep its cargo. This helps you avoid nearly all ground forces. All you have to worry about are the anti-air guns and other helicopters. If worst comes to worst, simply drop the vehicle after coming down to about 20 feet or less. You will have already have saved enough time to hijack another helicopter.
- When Carmona's men are attacking the PMC, after you destroy the tanks set a charge of C4 on the gates closer to the mansion and blow it. It should drop straight down and block the road leading out of the compound. Enter the mansion and trigger the intermission sequence. When you exit the building, the road leading out of the compound is still blocked. Kill Carmona's bodyguards and his jeep should be stuck on the rubble of the archway. Kill him and snap the picture for easy verification of Carmona.
- When completing the mission on the oil rig in the water behind the PMC, kill Blanco and take his weapon, the hunting pistol. The hunting pistol is a very powerful weapon, often killing enemies in one shot. With the hunting pistol in your possession, continue through the "Finding Solano" mission/ After the encounter with Carmona inside the villa, he runs in a straight line directly away from you, giving you a clear shot at his back. If you miss on the first shot, he has a good bit of a jog until he reaches his jeep, giving you plenty of time to gun him down.
Getting 100% completion
Successfully complete all outpost missions before you initiate the final mission in story mode. The outpost missions can no longer be accessed after the game is completed, which will also prevent a faction's shop items from being unlocked.
u, ilb pln rudb
- After completing the first UP mission and receiving Ewan, talk to him about the Winch challenge. After completing level 3 on this challenge, bet the maximum amount of money. Even though you have already done this, the height does not raise. Therefore you can continue betting at the maximum amount. After about four times (depending on how much you start with), you should have about $7.0 million. You can continue from here in order to get the maximum wager amount to $5.0 million (when you have about $14.0 million in funds). From there you can repeat this as often as desired when you need money.
- Note: To save time, if you are trying to use the above method to increase your money, use stackable items from outside of your stronghold. For example, try the gas canisters across the road (or for something less volatile, use the shipping containers directly across the lake behind your house). Items used from outside of your stronghold stay in the exact location you put them until you quit your game, giving you a prepared stack height the next time around. Two or three attempts may be required to gather the items, but it is well worth it, as once done it requires only seconds to win the challenge.
- Also regarding the bet amount, once you go over $10 million, it only gives you $1 million and slowly increases.
- Once you have obtained your helicopter pilot, he will supply a bet, wagering that you cannot stack enough things to get the toolbox above the displayed height. This wager is easy and the money goes up by about $2,000 each time you play.
- Find a Cash Bundle out in the field. Make sure you are in an area with lots of open room. If not, call in a helicopter and take the money to a safe place (for example, the PMC air strip). Tag it and call it in. When Ewen picks it up and you are credited for the find, shoot the money crate. You can do this by any means necessary (for example, use a nearby armed combat chopper, wait for Ewen to get there, then shoot the crate after getting the credit). Money should rain down on the ground around you. Run around and collect it all for an added bonus of roughly $50,000. The bits that scatter across the ground are worth about $5,000 each.
Capturing outposts quickly
When playing in Co-op mode with a friend, look in the same direction at the same time. Throw the signal smoke to call in for reinforcements to capture an outpost. If done correctly, both of the thrown signal smokes will start to smoke and two helicopters will appear. This will speed up the process when you are getting shot or are in a tight situation.
Repair vehicle instantly
Park your vehicle outside of a building you can enter. Enter the building and exit. Your vehicle should now be completely repaired with full ammunition.
Unlock the P.L.A.V. faction and get a gunship with rockets, such as a Castro V Attack chopper or an Anaconda from the pirates (recommended, as it carries about 80 rockets). Fly to the city of Merida and shoot the billboards. You will earn $5,000. If you shoot enough of them you begin to unlock more shop items from the P.L.A.V. and a few things from the U.P. mercenaries in their city. Only one rocket is required to destroy a billboard. It only takes 1 rocket from a gunship to destroy those pesky billboards.
Pick-up multiple items at once
Go to all the items you want to pick-up that are in range and select them all. Once all items are selected, throw your resource pick-up smoke. The helicopter should pick-up one item, but all other items will disappear letting you know you have them. You may get an error message stating "Unable to at the moment" or something similar, but the items will still be collected.
Enemies ignore killed
You can disguise yourself from the enemy by using their vehicle, but you cover will be blown if you hang around too long, kill enemies using the vehicle armaments, or hit them with the vehicle. However, enemies do not seem to mind being killed after being hit by vehicles hanging from the winch cable of a rapidly descending helicopter or vehicles released from the winch cable to be dropped on their heads from above. Also, enemies do not seem to mind when one of their helicopters arrives and repositions all of the nearby fuel tanks to strategic locations, such as reinforcement bunkers, alarm towers, guard towers, destruction target buildings, enemy armor, etc. Even more, enemies do not seem to mind when the helicopter drops exploding barrels, jeeps, trucks, tanks, etc. down onto the strategically placed fuel tanks. You can perform HVT captures with ease by eliminating the ground personnel from the air, then land and claim your HVT. You can perform target destruction by placing a fuel tank on top of the building, then dropping something explosive on the fuel tank. If you have the time, and like keeping your factions friendly to you, scope out what faction you are going after, get one of their helicopters, and have fun. The only difficult part is finding a fuel tank. Sometimes, you will have access to more than you need and other times you will have to travel far to find one.
Stealing fuel without upsetting a faction
- This is most useful when used with factions who are already hostile (to keep them from shooting you down), but can also be used to keep friendly factions from becoming upset with you. Obtain one of the helicopters used by the faction you want to steal from (or one of its allies), and allow your disguise to finish. Fly to the location of the fuel you want to obtain and lower your winch. Grab the fuel tank and lift off before the enemy soldiers recognize you, then fly to a secure location (either the PMC or a remote, open location). Once out of sight, call Ewan in for the pick-up. Note: Using a heavier helicopter is recommended, as the Rogue and Gunney class choppers are extremely difficult to control when carrying a heavy fuel tank. Also, there are at least half a dozen fuel tanks relatively close to the PMC, most of which are controlled by Universal Petroleum. Spending the fuel for an Ambassador Gunship (an Allied helicopter, who are allies with UP) is well worth it if you are going to use your PMC as a fuel depot.
- Use the following trick to steal fuel from a friendly faction without having to worry about affecting their status towards you. Go to an outpost that has fuel tanks and tag them. Then call in Ewan for the extraction. If a soldier happens to call in a report about your hostile act, go inside the outpost to cancel the call. By doing this you will get fuel and the faction will still be friendly with you.
- This trick requires a fast vehicle (for example, a sports motorcycle). Find an outpost that has a fuel tank. Look for an easy way out before you attempt to steal the fuel. Once your vehicle is positioned facing the fast exit and after making sure no one sees you, tag the fuel tank and call Ewan for extraction. Run to your vehicle and drive as fast as you can until you are far enough from the place so that no one can report you. Note: This also works with a helicopter as your vehicle when you are in the jungle area, but requires more time because you must wait a few seconds before you can lift off.
- Fly a chopper with a winch. Winch a car and throw it on top of other cars to destroy them.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points. Note: Enabling cheat codes will prevent achievements from being earned and money from being gained.
- Tattooed Millionaire (25 points): Earn $1 million.
- Partners in Crime (50 points): Play co-op with a friend.
- Pipeline (20 points): Capture all outposts for a single faction.
- Eat the Heat (10 points): Try accelerating and braking at the same time.
- Armaggedon It (20 points): Destroy 20 buildings.
- Shoot to Thrill (20 points): Get 25 headshots.
- Damage, Inc. (50 points): Use 20 airstrikes in co-op.
- Hail and Kill (20 points): Destroy 50 objects using melee.
- Holy Smoke (20 points): Destroy 50 objects with a grenade.
- Little Savage (20 points): Destroy 50 objects with an RPG launcher.
- Balls to the Wall (20 points): Beat the Winching Challenge three times.
- Gone Shootin' (20 points): Complete one of Fiona's challenges.
- Heavy Metal Thunder (10 points): Successfully complete 10 action hijacks.
- Be Quick or Be Dead (10 points): Snipe 50 enemy vehicle drivers.
- No More Mr. Nice Guy (10 points): Make all factions hostile.
- ...And Justice For All (50 points): Verify all high value targets.
- Digital Man (20 points): Unlock all shop items.
- We'll Burn the Sky (50 points): Unlock all landing zones.
- Highway to Hell (10 points): Complete three different races.
- Wheels of Steel (50 points): Come in first during a co-op race.
- Nothin' But a Good Time (50 points): Destroy 200 objects from the gunner seat in co-op.
- Everybody Wants Some!! (50 points): Play with a Mercenaries 2 developer or a player who already has this achievement.
- Billion Dollar Babies (25 points): Earn $1 billion.
Additionally there are seventeen secret achievements.
- Wild One (20 points): You recruited Ewan.
- The Rage (20 points): You completed "Rescue Carmona".
- Hello, Hooray (50 points): You acquired the PMC.
- School's Out (20 points): You completed the tutorial.
- Ride the Dragon (10 points): You hijacked the tank in the villa.
- The Analog Kid (20 points): You recruited Misha.
- Oil and Gasoline (20 points): You recruited Eva.
- Runnin' with the Devil (20 points): You verified Blanco.
- You Better Run (20 points): You verified Carmona.
- No Compromise, No Regrets (20 points): You battled for Caracas.
- The Hero and the Madman (50 points): You Completed Mercenaries 2.
- Dirty Deeds (10 points): You achieved maximum Universal Petroleum mood.
- Island of Domination (10 points): You achieved maximum Pirate mood.
- Forever Free (10 points): You achieved maximum P.L.A.V. mood.
- Longing For Fire (10 points): You achieved maximum Chinese mood.
- Stand Up and Shout (10 points): You achieved maximum mood with the Allies.
- Aces High (50 points): You captured all high value targets.
Park a vehicle outside of a building which you can enter. Enter then exit the building. The vehicle will be repaired with full ammunition.
Get a helicopter with a grapple. Deploy the grapple and look for a vehicle. Take that vehicle (for example, the Raven from Universal Petroleum) and use the grapple to grab it. Next, take the vehicle to a body of water. Lower your helicopter until the vehicle is in the water and you are hovering. Wait a few seconds until you hear the explosion. Then, fly up and take your vehicle to dry land. Release it from the grapple. The vehicle will be in perfect condition (or the condition in which it was grabbed). You can get out and shoot it without the vehicle exploding, but you will not be able to drive it.
Find an item in the world, select it, and call in Ewan. As Ewan is coming out to get the item, run, or even better yet, drive away. You do not have to go too far; just until it is no longer on your mini-map. If done correctly, you should see a message reading "No Resource To Pick Up", and have said item added to your stockpile. This works for money, munitions or fuel.
Reach gunner's area of Chinese Bladesong
Get the Chinese Bladesong ship to full speed, then jump in behind the front gun. You should be able to slide back into the gunner's area in the front of the ship. Several attempts may be required, but if done fast enough it should work. Once inside you can go through the back wall. The only way to get out is to use the ladder on the other side of the gunner's area.
When you get the maximum betting level on the Winch challenge, keep going until you get to about $100.0 million. The minimum bet is now also $5 million. If you continue from that, the minimum will actually grow higher than the maximum and allow for even more money. However there is a catch; once you go beyond there is no way you can raise or lower the bet because it is higher than the maximum, but it is still the minimum.
Sniper rifle scope on regular rifle
Have a sniper rifle in your inventory. While you are using the scope, press D-pad Right to switch weapons. You should have an assault rifle out while having the scoped view.
Ewan lives through explosion
Enable the "Invincibility" code. Have a Fuel-Air RPG and order a helicopter down. Just before it lands, shoot it with the Fuel-Air RPG to blow it up. Ewan will fly out, be alive, and just stands there.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs