Midnight Club: Los Angeles (Xbox 360)
Add to this page!
Enter the race editor. Press Start to enter the overhead view layout. Press LB, LT, click Left Analog-stick, press RB, click Right Analog-stick, press A to create a race with a checkpoint with up to 30 collectibles you do not already have. Test the race to collect them all. If you are still missing collectibles, delete the checkpoints and repeat the code.
Collect the hidden Rockstar barrels to unlock the corresponding cheat option. Enabling a cheat will stop your progress in Career mode and disable the earning of money and reputation from races.
- Unlimited Nitro: 10 barrels
- Never Damage Out: 20 barrels
- Unlimited Special Abilities: 30 barrels
- Top Down View: 40 barrels
- No Police: 50 barrels
- No Fines: 60 barrels
Everything is free
Successfully complete Career mode.
biyhnrvr iobwchy btvaflc fhbn
Karol Garage partner mission
Earn the "Idol" rank (33,500 Reputation).
Hydraulics and air bags
To unlock hydraulics and air bags, you must join the Rockstar Social Club, link to your Gamertag, then complete four of the twelve "Driving Test" achievements listed on the website. Doing so will unlock hydraulics/air bags for your Gamertag, even if you totally restart the game. If you already have four of them completed, just joining the Rockstar Social Club and linking your Gamertag will unlock your hydraulics and air bags.
Participate in the indicated number of races for a specific vehicle class to unlock the corresponding item that can be customized for that particular class (Tuners, Muscles, Luxury, Exotics, or Superbikes)
- Blowers: 45 races.
- Car headlights: 36 races.
- Car spoilers: 18 races.
- Car stereos: 27 races.
- Exhausts: 45 races.
- Front bumpers: 9 races.
- Front seats: 27 races.
- Hoods: 36 races.
- Intercoolers: 45 races.
- Motorcycle bowls: 36 races.
- Motorcycle tails: 18 races.
- Motorcycle tanks: 27 races.
- Post gauges: 27 races.
- Rear bumpers: 18 races.
- Skirts: 9 races.
- Steering wheels: 27 races.
- Taillights: 36 races.
- Widebody kits: 45 races.
Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding vehicle group.
- Group 2 vehicles: Earn the "Student Driver" rank (2,000 Reputation).
- Group 3 vehicles: Earn the "Racer" rank (8,060 Reputation).
- Group 4 vehicles: Earn the "Champion" rank (16,500 Reputation).
Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding performance upgrade.
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 1 vehicles: Earn the "Navigator" rank (800 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 2 vehicles: Earn the "Driver" rank (5,600 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 3 vehicles: Earn the "Elite Racer" rank (13,700 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 4 vehicles: Earn the "Savant" rank (22,760 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 1 vehicles: Earn the "Rookie" rank (3,610 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 2 vehicles: Earn the "Veteran" rank (10,760 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 3 vehicles: Earn the "Legend" rank (19,540 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 4 vehicles: Earn the "Hero" rank (26,160 Reputation).
Get rid of police
Use the following trick to get rid of the police when doing a race. Finish the race, then enable the "No police" cheat, then turn it off again. The police will disappear and will not have any effect on anything you do afterward.
Catch freeway racer
When you see a red target far away on the map, enable the "No damage" and "Unlimited nitro" cheats to reach them quickly. Turn off both cheats when you are about to race him to keep your reputation and money intact.
Easy rank and money
Go to Arcade mode. Set the AI setting to "Easy". Set the traffic to "None". Disable power-ups. To earn money; make sure you do not finish in last place.
Finding collectibles without police interference
To search through malls or other places without cops being called in to investigate, go to any garage and select any vehicle for a test drive.
Change sound of the CHP police car
Purchase a California Highway Patrol police car. Get the car you want it to sound like. Drive it out of the garage, then go back in and select the CHP police car. Exit the garage and the CHP police car should sound like the car that you just drove.
Jordan Jumpman gamerpic
Earn the "Jordan Jumpman" achievement by spending more than ten minutes in the air.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Wanted Man (10 points): Pull over while the police are in 'pull over' mode, then drive away during the ticketing cutscene.
- Out On Bail (10 points): Evade the police successfully when they are in pursuit.
- Neither Bird nor Plane (10 points): Travel 1020 feet in a single jump.
- Jordan Jumpman (10 points): Spend more than 10 minutes in the air. Brought to you by Jordan Brand.
- Unicycle (20 points): Drive a cumulative total of 50 miles while doing a wheelie on a motorcycle.
- Just Get A Motorcycle (20 points): In a car, drive a cumulative total of 50 miles on 2 wheels.
- Hear me Roar! (20 points): Unlock Level 3 Roar.
- Anger Management (20 points): Unlock Level 3 Agro.
- Set To Stun (20 points): Unlock Level 3 EMP.
- Zoning Out (20 points): Unlock Level 3 Zone.
- In the Lap of… (20 points): Beat the Luxury Champ.
- Name that Tune ( r ) (20 points): Beat the Tuner Champ.
- World's Strongest (20 points): Beat the Muscle Champ.
- Two Wheels of Fury (30 points): Beat the Motorcycle Champ.
- How Exotic (30 points): Beat the Exotic Champ.
- The Basics (10 points): Complete one of the missions you receive in the mission log.
- What's a Speed Limit? (20 points): Win 15 dynamic freeway races.
- Streaker (20 points): Win 5 races in a row offline.
- Winning With Less (20 points): Win 10 races on a motorcycle.
- Go on Green (20 points): Win 15 Red Light Races.
- Destroyer of Worlds (20 points): Successfully destroy 15 opponent vehicles using the Payback vehicle at the Beaches garage.
- Here for a Pickup (20 points): Successfully deliver 15 vehicles out of the Hollywood garage.
- Father Time (30 points): Completely unlock a time trial by completing all 3 missions.
- Uncle Time (20 points): Finish the first mission for each of the 4 time trials.
- Competitive Glory (20 points): Win each of the 4 tournaments at least one time.
- It's How You Play The Game (30 points): Finish 300 offline races. Winning is not required.
- The Winner (30 points): Win 180 offline races.
- Rags To Riches (30 points): Have $1 million dollars in the bank while playing in Los Angeles.
- Have Car, Will Travel (30 points): Drive a total of 5,000 miles, including any miles driven online or offline.
- Getting Off the Bench (10 points): Enter an online cruise and join a proposed race.
- Who Made This? (10 points): Enter a Race Editor Race online.
- Saving Los Angeles (10 points): Enter the Race Editor, create a race, and then save it.
- Paparazzi (10 points): Save 16 photos to your photo album.
- T-Mobile myFaves (10 points): Join an online game with 5 of your friends. Stay Connected with MyFaves from T-Mobile.
- Turn in the Work (10 points): Submit a vehicle to Rate My Ride.
- Everyone's a Critic (20 points): Rate 25 rides online.
- Crossing the Line (20 points): Finish 50 races online.
- Master Thief (30 points): Steal 80 flags while playing Capture the Flag or other battle matches.
- Postman (30 points): Deliver 100 flags in Capture the Flag or other battle matches.
- Ranking Up (30 points): Win 20 ranked matches online.
- Where in the World? (10 points): Find half of the collectables in Los Angeles.
- Waldo's Still Missing (40 points): Find all the collectables in Los Angeles.
- Retire the Master (50 points): Beat the City Champ.
- Mild Dedication (10 points): In Goal Attack, complete every goal for one race.
- True Dedication (100 points): All Goal attacks must be unlocked and every goal for every race completed.
Go to the gas station and repair your motorcycle. Then run over one of the gas pumps. You will walk away with little damage and a motorcycle that is riding by itself.
- Use the following trick to get free parts without completing the game. Go to "Garage" and "Customize Your Car". Go to "Performance Parts" and press X to auto upgrade. This will check off all parts you can put on. Do not press A. After you press X, press Xbox 360 Logo (guide). Go to your friends list and join someone's session. Note: You can also join the recent players list for a better chance of someone playing online. When asked if you want to start a multi-player match, select "OK". When you get on the street, you will have the parts installed with no money deducted from your bank. This also works on any interior or exterior part, but the process is slightly longer to make the car you want. For example, highlight "Front bumper" then press X. Go to the bumper you want and press Xbox 360 Logo. Join someone's game, and when you roll out of the garage you will have that free bumper. Quit the multi-player game, return to the garage, and get any other part desired by doing the same thing.
- Note: This trick only works on cars that can have sidepipes (muscle cars). Use the following procedure to get free side exhaust pipes. Enter the garage and select the muscle car of your choice; make sure it can have sidepipes. Go to "Customize Car". Go to "Side", and select "Side Exhaust". Highlight the exhaust of your choice and press B. Go back into "Side Exhaust". The pipes you want will now be $0.
Cannot change car parts
When customizing a car, make sure you do not have a negative amount of money (such as from being arrested and fined for more money than you had). If you have a negative amount, you cannot change any car part, even ones you already bought.
In both offline and offline game modes, you can "teleport" around the map by entering the race editor, switching out of "drive and drop" mode, moving the pointer to where you want to go, then going back to drive and drop mode, and exiting the creator. You will be where you ended the race editor.
Drive with open doors
In the garage, modify your car. Go to the "Doors" selection to preview the door opening. Once it opens all the way, back out and then quickly A as soon as the menu appears. Your doors should now be stuck wide open. They will close if you select some options, mainly the "Doors" modifications. When you leave the garage, your doors should still be stuck open, and you can drive around with them in this position.
Strategy guides from GameFAQs