More:Grand Theft Auto 4: Actions
Created by Varrig010.
In one of the in-game computers at a TW@ Internet Cafe, type "www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com" as a URL to view maps of the locations of pigeons, weapons, armor, ramps/stunts, health, entertainment, and vehicles.
, , and
Go to a TW@ Internet Cafe and enter one of the following URLs to visit that site. Note: Do this in-game only.
, , and
You can date people from the in-game Internet. When looking at their profile click "Date". You then have to wait a few in-game days for a negative or positive reply via email. If your date accepts, reply to their email and meet them.
- Use a computer at a TW@ Internet Cafe to go to the Liberty City Police Department site at "www.libertycitypolice.com". Click the "Database" tab at the bottom of the home page to get information on all characters, including Roman and Niko.
- Go to the Liberty Tree website's main page. Click the link to the LCPD website. There are a few interesting things, like the Threat Level, but aside from that it appears bare. However when you go to the bottom and look at the copyright information, the word "Database" is a small hidden link to a large profile list of criminals. Of special importance are Lola Del Rio, the hooker featured on the box art, Eddie Low (the No-Name Killer), and Niko Bellic, among others
Wanted as a pedophile
Go to a TW@ Internet Cafe and visit "www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com" to get an instant five star wanted level as a pedophile.
Free Internet access
- Some of your safehouses have a computer in them that will not charge the $1 fee. The Algonquin safehouse has a laptop in it, and is somewhat far away from some of the Internet cafes.
- If you killed Playboy in the "The Holland Play" mission and Dwayne gave you his apartment as a safehouse, go to it. When you walk in the front door there is a guard behind the desk. Jump over the desk and you can use his computer to access the Internet for free. The guard will not attack you.
Easier Internet use
Xbox 360 You can insert a USB keyboard to type URLs and make the in-game Internet much easier to use.
Calling for backup
Steal a police car and any time you are in trouble press L1
PlayStation3 or LB
Xbox 360 while your car is stationary. Select "Call For Backup" and within minutes you will have to cruisers full of police who will fight on your side unless you shoot someone. Note: They will turn on you when they realize you are not a cop.
Stop police siren
Shoot out a police car's lights with a gun to make the siren malfunction.
Bumping into an officer
When you see a cop on the sidewalk while out in the city, you can push past him like any other pedestrian while walking. However, if you continue to push and pester a cop, even if you do not have a weapon or throw a punch, he will attempt to arrest you.
Getting away from the police
When running away from the cops, you will have a circular area in which they look for you. However, if you get out and another cop sees you, it changes. To use this to your advantage, get barely out of that circle which you will see on your radar. Just sit there for about five seconds instead of flooring past it.
Easy six-star wanted level
Before unlocking all locations, especially the part of Liberty City where Alderney City is located, go to any bridge leading to a locked place. You will see a roadblock and police guarding the bridge. Run through or use a vehicle/helicopter to get past them. You will immediately earn a six star wanted level. Note: The police and police helicopters will start shooting you. To get rid of the cops, go back to an unlocked location then enable the "Remove Niko's wanted level" code. Note: If you are going to the prison but it is still locked, land your helicopter carefully in the basketball courts.
Losing wanted levels
Use any of the following techniques to get rid of your wanted level.
- To lose your wanted level, simply enter a safehouse and save your progress. When you wake up your wanted level will be gone.
- Enter a marker for any mission.
- Enter a police vehicle, then quickly activate a vigilante or most wanted mission.
- Get outside of the active radar zone and call a friend. If you reach someone and not their voicemail you will get rid of your wanted level as the police are closing in.
Easier police database use
Xbox 360 You can insert a USB keyboard to type URLs and make the police database much easier to use.
Getting tossed by friend
Invite a friend to hang out with you. Gently nudge him with your car, enough to knock him over but not enough to hurt him. After a few times, he will open the car door and throw you out.
Friend in hospital
If a friend gets run over by an NPC on the way to see you, you will only be able to get his voice mail. A few in-game days later he will call, asking to be picked up from the hospital.
Bowling: Easy strikes
Select the first lane (all the way to the left). Take two full steps to the left. Hold Right Analog-stick Down for about a half second, then press Right Analog-stick Up. Do not add any aftertouch to the throw.
Strip club: Lap dance duet
Go to the strip club and reserve a lap dance. After the performance is done she will ask if you want another, accept twice and she will bring in another girl into the room for a duet.
Prank phone calls
- Take note of phone numbers on graffiti or ads on buildings on in the subway. Call those numbers on Niko's cellphone to make a prank phone call.
Dial 911 on your phone to reach the Liberty City Emergency Services voice menu. You can then request that the police, paramedics, or fire department to your location. They will arrive, look around for the emergency, realize that it is a prank, then drive away.
Current music information
Dial ZIT-555-0100 on your cellphone to get a text message listing the title and artist of the music currently playing.
The following locations and people can be called from your cellphone.
- Bean Machine Coffee: 555-0110
- Emergency Services: 911
- Express Car Service: 555-2222
- Express Car Service: 555-3333
- Fire Proof Doors: 555-5700
- Hero Shop: 555-8575
- LCPD Recruitment: 555-RECRUIT
- Liberty Construction: 555-1274-73
- No Problemo Bail Bonds: 555-945-733-92
- Storage: 555-221-3877
- Superb Deli: 555-4674
- The Serrated Edge: 1-800-555-5555
- Used Auto Parts: 555-7300
- Vinewood Laundromat: 555-5123
- ZiT: 948-555-0100
- Blackmailer from "Call And Collect" mission: 843-555-0124
- Drug dealer from "Lure" mission: 545-555-1022 (Note: Nothing will happen)
- Roman Bellic: 718-926-7215
To avoid being interrupted during a mission by a friend or want to explore the city and do not want to get a call for another mission, bring up your cellphone menu. Enter the "Options" menu and turn "Sleep Mode" on. You can now roam around the city at will.
It is sometimes difficult to get headshots, which do count in this game. With some practice, the following is an easy way to always get them. Press [Auto-Aim] then use the Right Analog-stick to move the auto-aim target around your victim's body. Barely move the Right Analog-stick as you are shooting. This puts bullets in the chest and head, and results in an easy instant kill.
Easy drive-by shootings
When you can, call Roman and have him send a taxi to you. Let the taxi drive you around. You will be able to shoot at people without the driver stopping. He will also run past the cops and blockades as much as possible. When you get stuck, choose to end your ride at a destination without a wanted level.
Killing blind firing enemies
To take out a enemy that is blind firing, aim for his shooting arm or hand while it is exposed. Wound him, and he will usually stumble out of cover, giving you an easier kill.
yr, p p, muitn e, vnyrfr
After death shooting
Occasionally after your character dies, during the death animation you can cause your currently equipped weapon to fire off. Where it shoots is completely random, and is based upon the direction the gun is pointing as you fall. This effect is most notable if you have a rocket launcher or assault rifle equipped, and you have a greater chance of it happening if your death animation lasts longer (such as from being blown up and flying through the air due to a grenade or other explosive). While you do not get any benefits from this happening, it is satisfying to sometimes kill your attacker after you die. Note: This also works the other way. Sometimes NPCs will shoot you after Niko kills them. It is somewhat rare, but it can happen.
Lock onto anything (whether it be in free-aim or auto-aim), and press Square
PlayStation3 or X
Xbox 360 while moving the Left Analog-stick Left or Right. If done correctly, Niko will do an evasive judo-like roll to his side.
One hit knockout
Get a bat, go up to any person, lock onto them and press Triangle
PlayStation3 or Y
Xbox 360 . It usually will knock them out.
Run up to any person with a gun that is shooting at you, or a policeman pointing his gun at you, while tapping Circle
PlayStation3 or B
Xbox 360 when you have a knife or bat equipped.
Blow up hot dog stand
The hot dog carts have a tank of propane sitting on one side of them. If you shoot the tank or drive a vehicle into it, the tank will detonate but the cart will remain intact.
Destroy cars faster
If you need to blow up a car but do not have any explosive weapons, you can use any other weapon to cause a car to catch on fire and quickly explode. Aim at the rear wheel well of the vehicle. A few hits should be enough to ignite the car and cause an explosion. Note: This does not work on all vehicles (trucks, vans, boats, helicopters).
Civilian warfare and assistance
Go to a car when a man is in it. This will not work with a woman. Make sure there are other pedestrians around you on the sidewalks. Push or punch the car around the front. Let the man exit and beat you up a little bit. Then some of the male pedestrians will rush to help you, and punch or pull out knives on your attacker. Sometimes if an officer is around, he will arrest the attacker.
Lock cinematic view
Note: This can only be done with the fixed camera views that are attached to a vehicle. Change the view to the desired cinematic view. Click the Right Analog-stick and move it Down while still clicked. Release the Right Analog-stick while in the Down + Click position. The view will not change while you remain in cinematic view. The view will also remain locked when you return to it, unless you exit your vehicle or the camera becomes blocked.
Slow motion game play
Change the point of view during game play to the cinematic camera. You can slow down time by using the horn. To select the angles of the camera, tilt the Right Analog-stick Left or Right to cycle through them.
You can rob certain shops such as TW@ or the laundromat from the "Hung Out To Dry" mission.
Get taxi drivers arrested
Go up to any taxi and hit their car. They will get out and chase you down. Find a cop and let the cab driver hit you. The cop will then arrest the cab driver and put him in the back of a nearby police car.
Get hotdog vendors shot by the police
Go up to any hotdog vendor. Lock onto them and press X
PlayStation3 or A
Xbox 360 and he will try to beat you up. If there is a cop nearby, let him hit you. The cops will shoot him down.
If you are having a difficult time following a target, equip a gun and shoot out their rear tires. After awhile the tire will fall off the rim and your target will start to slow down, allowing you to keep up with them at a medium speed.
The following is what can be seen when you turn on a television.
- Republican Space Rangers cartoon
- John Hunter political commercial
- Vinewood Cunts
- VIG Insurance commercial
- Weazel Wednesdays
- Terror Marathon
- Venturas Poker Challenge
- Patriot 500
- I'm Rich
- The History Of The Civil War And Beyond
- CNT commercial
- LCPD Recruitment - Join LCPD
- Fear The Dark Finger movie commercial
Move up stairs faster
Instead of running up a set stairs, try jumping up them to move faster.
If you are trying to run with a rocket launcher compared to a pistol, chances are the pistol will result in faster movement. If you are trying to run away from anything, try to run with the lightest weapon (or no weapon) if possible.
- Use the following trick to regain health during a mission. Leave the mission area and go to a Cluckin' Bell, hotdog stand, etc, and eat food to replenish your health if you are low and cannot find a health pack. This works effectively on missions where there Are no health packs in sight. Note: You can also take a taxi to those locations during missions.
- Enter an ambulance to get a small health increase.
Play pool in safehouse
Arrange to play the pool activity with a friend. Instead of going to the bar on the map, bring them to your Algonquin Northwood safehouse (if available). Go near the pool table. A prompt will ask you to play pool.
Control music volume strip clubs
The volume of the radio stations in the options menu also controls how loud the music is inside strip clubs. You can turn it all the way down to make a club completely silent and watch the ladies dance to nothing.