More:Grand Theft Auto 4 (Xbox 360): Glitches
Created by retroprosa.
Drive to the park with a swingset at the Firefly Projects in Broker. Using a light vehicle such as a Blista, Futo, or Comet is recommended. Run into the swings at a moderate speed to get the chain moving. Then, back up and drive into the center pole at a good speed. If you have a rear wheel drive or four wheel drive car, drive forward until the front end is on the middle pole until it is in the air and get the vehicle as close to vertical as possible without it flipping. If using a front wheel drive car, drive it in reverse into the pole. Eventually the car will get tossed far into the air. Note: Sometimes Nikko will be tossed through the windshield instead when driving forward into the pole.
Swim through objects
When swimming into certain objects at certain places you can go through them.
Skydive out of safehouse
Go to any safe house that has a brown closet that is tall but not too wide. Jump to the corner while holding the Left Analog-stick Left. You should jump out and skydive, then suddenly end up teleporting back to the street.
Skull box inside Packie's head
Created by xeqrox.
Position Packie between the camera and Niko. Move until the camera is inside Packie and look at the center of his head to find a box with skulls..
Endless armored cars
There is a glitch in Aldeney at the intersection of Tudor and Port Tudor, close to the prison where you visit Gerald. You can find a total of nine armored trucks arriving back to back. Highjack one and then block the road. Another one will appear. Blow them up one by one. There is a total of about $1,100 on each truck, which is useful when just starting out and if you need money. (Screenshot)
Get a Mule delivery truck and get it to flip on its side. Hold Up or Down and your truck will spin around.
Launch up stairs
When walking or running up stairs, jump at the first step to skip or sometimes launch yourself up the stairs.
Get killed or somehow otherwise get to Schottler Medical Center. Enable the "Spawn Sanchez" code. Look at the inside of the hospital from the bottom of the stairs. Keep pressing A on the "Cheat" option of your cellphone until you see a Sanchez appear inside the hospital. Go up to it and get on the bike. Either all the walls will disappear, all the walls will have inverse colors, or everything will turn very bright white. No matter what, Niko will be invisible and so will your gun if you choose to fire it. The muzzle flash appears but the gun itself does not. You can get on and off the bike. Note: If you try to go outside the hospital you will become visible again.
There are a few garage doors facing the water at the back of a building at the top left corner of Algonquin. When facing the garage doors, go to the far right one. Walk slowly up to it. When you get close enough, Niko will completely disappear.
Fall through ground
- Take a large vehicle, such as an SUV, to Francis International Airport. Drive sideways under a moving plane so that the wheels are pushing into you. There is a good chance you and the car will drop below the world. After a few seconds you will respawn back on land with the car gone.
- Get to the part where you go into the subway about halfway through the mission "Your Shirt, Your Boots, Your Motorcycle". Stay to the left. When the subway car comes towards you, keep left and try to get in-between the wall and the subway car. Doing this will drop you into "blue hell" for a few of seconds before popping you back up.
- Go to "Fishmarket South" (where you do one mission for Bernie). Find the Anchor statue near the sea. Go towards the water and over the little dock into the water. Swim to the right (south) until you see a wooden "pier" against the wall. It should have square gaps that you can hop in through. Jump through the one to the far right (the first one you swim past) and move towards the wall. You will fall down into "blue hell".
Surviving high falls
Get on the top of a large building via helicopter. Light yourself on fire with a Molotov cocktail on the edge of a building and proceed to fall off. When you hit the ground, you will not lose any life (except getting burned). This happens because the animation when Niko gets burned intercepts the falling animation.
Food removes blood stainsWhen you are injured and have blood on your clothes, go to a Burger Shot, a Cluckin Bell, or a nearby food stand. When you are eating the food, move the camera to make it face your blood stain. Notice that the blood stain will disappear after you finish your food.
Swim under city
Go to the north part of the map, just northwest of Butterfly Street in Bohan. Once there, get down to the outskirts of the land and walk towards the corner between the brick wall and the cliff. You can walk through the invisible wall. Look up towards the city to see the city from below. You can also continue onwards and swim under the city.
Walk under water and the city
Make a Party game. Get the Annihilator and go to the second island's coastline. Follow it until you reach the large parking lot. Jump down to the water and swim to the bottom side. Note: There should be rocks on the side of the coastline. Swim to it and try to get on top of the rocks. You should be able to get on top of them, then end up going through. Your character should now be on the bottom. You will not be able to see until you walk down a short distance.
Use the following trick to make any vehicle immune to rockets, grenades, and other weapons. Take out a girlfriend on a date. Get in your car and shoot through your window to do a drive-by to scare her. A short intermission sequence will show your date leaving. Your vehicle is now immune to damage.
Car revs on its own
Call Brucie for a race. Go to the starting line, but do not start the race. Shoot the person that has the car want and get in it. Drive to the side of the road and let the car idle. It should rev automatically.
- Use the following trick if you get a vehicle you really like and you do not want to risk losing it in an accident or want one for every safe house. Once you unlock access to Algonquin, take your car and drive over to your South Bohan safehouse. From there, drive east to the Northwood Heights bridge that leads into Algonquin. Once there, turn around and drive back over the Northwood Heights bridge. After you get across, turn right onto San Quentin Ave., in Fortside. As soon as you make the turn, you should notice quite a few cars identical to the one that you are driving, just in more colors. To save them, just alternate between cars every block until you get to your South Bohan safehouse to store one and drive the other one where ever desired.
- If you happen to come across a rare car (Infernus, Coquette, Super GT) and want more to have, drive up to the safehouse in Bohan. There should be at least ten of them lined up around the safehouse, free for your acquisition.
Kill your date
Normally, Niko cannot kill his dates, but only "scare" them. When on a date with a girlfriend or boyfriend, have them follow you to any coastline. Swim out into the middle of the ocean. A few yards in the water, Niko's date will instantly die. Note: This glitches the game. If Kate gets killed, her telephone will always be busy when called. Niko will also receive date invitations from dead people labeled as "Unknown Caller".
Shopping cart slide
When in online multi-player mode, find a shopping cart. Make sure you have someone with you. In multi-player mode, everyone has their own shopping cart, meaning that the shopping cart on your screen is invisible to everybody else. Run into the shopping cart and make sure it moves. While it is moving, try to jump on it. If done correctly, your character will appear as if he is drunk or stumbling everywhere, but on your friend's screen, it will appear as if you are sliding on the ground. Sometimes you will slide/stumble longer than others. You can do this in Story mode, but you will only stumble.
Sparking helicopter tail
Enable the "Spawn Annihilator police helicopter" code. While in the air, smack off the helicopter's tail on a building. Once it has broken off, hold the throttle to keep flying. Enable the "Restore Niko's health, armor, and ammunition" code. If done correctly, the tail should still be sparking although it is no longer broken.
Hot dog car mine
Get near a hot dog stand. Try go a further distance so that you can spawn a car on the hot dog stand. Once you are at the correct distance, enable the "Spawn Super GT" code. If done correctly, it should get stuck in the stand, fly up in the air, then blow up the hot dog stand. If it gets stuck, walk and touch the car.v
Police and suspect enter your car
Get a police car, then punch someone or hit their car. They should start a fight with you. Get near a police officer and let the person hit you. The cop should arrest him, then get in the police car. The cop and the suspect should get in the car. After awhile if you stop the car, they will get out.