More:Need For Speed Most Wanted: Police
- When completing a race, if the police radio in your car you are driving and you do not want to run from them, press Down and choose another race. Alternately, you may also jump to your safe house (must be done before you are seen or pursuit begins). If not, you must drive to it yourself in cool down mode. To jump to the safe house press Start and press Right until seen.
- Upon reaching level 4 (Most Wanted) there will be an overwhelming amount of police officers coming after you. At this level, cops are excellent at boxing you in. If you cannot move forward, use reverse for two seconds to get away from the block. Spin your car around and get out of there.
- The best way to escape the cops is to evade long enough to get into cool down mode, than find a hiding spot. By sticking to the cities you will find lots of cool down spots to sit and hide your car until the heat is off. This is also a good way to avoid helicopters which appear if your reach level 4 on your map. Another good method is to run into the triangles on your map, which mark places where you can ram into shops and other roadside items to disable the cops. Highways are good places to get blockades and strike strips which are challenges for milestones.
- For an easy way to get away from cops at high wanted levels, find the baseball field. Look on the map for a small triangle towards the top left. Use highways in a circle around the field to achieve your missions. Once you have gained enough bounty, city damage, roadblocks, etc., drive through an entrance to the baseball field, hitting the pursuit breaker on the way in. Make sure that you slow down some before hitting the breaker so that it does not send you through the other side of the field. Once you make it in the field, stay there and wait out the cool down period. The cops should be off of you, and cannot find you. This works almost all the time to get rid of the cops. Just driving through random blockers rarely works when you are at wanted levels 4 and 5.
- Never respawn your car in a pursuit, as the police will always catch you.
- When approaching any roadblock with a heat level greater than four, use the slow-motion effect to avoid spikes strips completely.
- Once you complete Razor's (Blacklist #1) five challenge races, an intermission sequence featuring you, Mia, Razor, and the other Blacklist members will start. Once you get your car back (BMW M3 GTR), you will go to a heat level 6. Every cop in all cities will try to bust you. You must evade them for five minutes, then you will get a call for Mia. Try getting to the golf course. There is a little building that you can crash into to get rid of the cops. Then, try to wait it out until you get Mia's call. An icon will then appear on your map. Quickly get there as soon as possible. Get to the spot, jump the bridge, and you will be home free.
- When heading for a roadblock, make sure to hit the trunk of a car instead of when the engine is located.
- When at level 6, cops and feds are everywhere. There is a blind spot where the cops cannot get you at the bus terminal. Normally you would go left or right to take the jump or drive up the middle to take the shortcut. Instead of using the ramps to jump, stop at the apex of the ramp, then turn and drive in the middle of the walkway. Stop there and wait. The cops will not come up the ramp after you if you are in the middle of the walkway. No matter what the heat level, the cops will not get you and they will eventually drive away.
- Use the following trick to evade all the police, even at level 5. In the first part of the world where you start out, just around main street is the bus station. Notice in cruise mode that there is a second floor part of it, near the edge. In any chase, just drive to that and go on the second floor. Drive back and forth until you get the green evading bar to start to get to the cool down bar. This does take slightly longer to cool down, but it is definitely easier that driving all over trying to find a place. This is especially useful in Challenge 40 with the Mclaren, where you have to evade for at least ten minutes.
- When the police try to box you in after you hit something, turn 90 degrees away from them. Then, use your nitrous to turn the other 90 degrees, otherwise you might spin out. By doing this, you will get a head start and will not get busted.
- The easiest way to shake off the police is to exact a PIT maneuver on them. With a lot of speed, aim for the police car's back left or back right area, near the rear right wheel or the rear left wheel. Sometimes on Heat levels 1 and 2, this maneuver (when over 120 mph) will disable their pursuit car immediately. Spinning the level 5 police cars out of control is a good way to evade them. As for the "Rhinos", getting to a high speed (over 150 mph), and drive head on at the Rhino. Swerve out of the way at the last moment. If the helicopter tries to push you over, just keep swerving and crossing lanes quickly. This should prevent it from knocking you over.
rety teaivln pfoseyotfeg elothtobs
- When approaching a roadblock which you cannot escape, press Speedbraker and ram into the lightest of the vehicles. When the Speedbraker is activated, your car does not jump as high and has more maneuverability. If you do not have your Speedbraker enabled when ramming into police vehicles, you will sometimes jump on top of the police car and get busted. If you have it on, it prevents your car from jumping and allows an easy getaway.
- When trying to evade the cops, go to the bus station in Rosewood. Go up the ramp and make sure none of the cops follow you up. Go to the very end of the buses and watch your bounty go up as the cops destroy themselves. Watch behind you for any cop smart enough to find their way up. For a better way to do this and avoid getting busted, put the front end of the car facing the ramp at the end of the buses. This trick is useful for making milestone for time and is also good for racking up bounty. To get through the cooldown and more fun, go to the walkway beside the ramp and sit there. Watch the cops as they fly off the ramps and go crazy running into the wall and destroying each other till the cooldown is over.
- Draw the cops to the surrounding highways of Rosewood (the town you start at) and keep circling the highways until you have completed your milestones or wish to end the pursuit. When you pass the baseball stadium, which on the map has two Pursuit Breakers on it, drive through the first Pursuit Breaker so that you are in the stadium and the cops have stopped on the other side of the rubble. You can then drive past the Pursuit Breaker on the other side (making sure you do not hit it). Make a U-turn and drive straight through the Pursuit Breaker and cops will not find you. Note: This only works if you are under a level 4 heat; otherwise the helicopter can see you.
- Use the following trick when you are in a race and become involved in a police pursuit, but do not want to be after the race. At the end of the race, restart it, then quit to free roam mode, The cops will not be looking for you, and you will still get everything you did for the win (bounty, money, and credit).
- When you are in a police chase and they start putting roadblocks down, you can get through them easier by ramming the police cars near the rear section of the car. The back is lighter and this will make the car fly easier out of your way.
- To hide from cops, and still get bounty and heat, go to the bus depot and drive up the ramp. Go to the side where the buses are not found. Go all the way to the end. You should be facing a gas station. Stay up there, but pay attention to your evade-busted meter, as you can accidentally evade the pursuit. If the cool-down meter appears, drive off and look for cops. After you find them, drive back up there. It is important that you drive all the way to the end or else the cops will hit you. The cops normally drive off of the side of the elevated platform.
- When in a pursuit, use the Pursuit Breaker at the gas station. After you have immobilized all the policemen around you, make a U-turn with the Speed Breaker and go behind the gas station where the hiding spot is located.
- Sit on the very edge of the hospital or jail and let the cops drive past you. Your heat will go up, but they cannot catch you. Also, if you want to lose the cops, just fall off and let your car reset (do not reset it yourself). You will lose them instantly.
- Find a circle or a small square made up of roads. Keep going around it for about five laps. You can do it more and make sure the cops see you once in awhile to get a huge time bounty (over half an hour long). You will never be stopped by a roadblock or a spike strip, because they will place them on the outside roads, and not in the circle. To get away, wait until the cops say "We've lost em", then turn out of the circle and drive away. Make sure the cops do not see you trying to get away or it will not work and you will have to return to the circle and repeat the trick.
- When you are cruising and hear the cops on the radio, drive at least to the speed limit. If you see the cop, pretend to be a normal driver and do not break the law or he will chase you.
- When entering a milestone, use the map and go to the stadium in the far left corner of the map. Go through the right side entrance and knock down the sign for the stadium. The cops cannot follow you because it blocks almost the entire entrance. Exit out the other side and go under the small parking garage. As soon as cool down mode, starts there is a hiding location nearby.
- When the police are chasing you, go in to the bus station. Get on top of the buses and turn your car 180 degrees so that you are facing the terminal. When the police chase after you, hit reverse and fall off the buses. Choose to respawn. You should now be back on top of the buses with no police. When doing this, watch the bar at the bottom of the screen. If you respawn while near busted, you will get busted.
- If you are in a pursuit and cannot shake the police, go to a gas station and hide behind it. This works most of the time if done correctly.
- When you finish a race with a maximum chance of getting caught by the police and they radio in a report, immediately choose "Jump To Safe House" and you will not get caught.
- Go to the heart of Rosewood. There will be three Pursuit Breakers near each other. Hit all three and you will lose the police. Note: One is a doughnut shop, another is a gas station, and the last one is a tire store.
- An easy way to destroy police cars or dodge roadblocks is to press Time Stop before you hit them. A better way to do this is with a maxed out Mustang because most of the time it will even smash heavy SUVs.
- If the police are after you, go to the baseball field. There is a side that has something sticking out of the ground by the highway that is elevated. Go up to the object and press Nitro. If you land it correctly you will be on the elevated highway driving away and leaving the cops wondering where you went. Note: This may not always work.
- If your car has high heat level with the police, bring it to a One Stop Shop. Change your car's paint color until you have your desired rating. Then, change the color back to its original version and get out of the shop. The police will not recognize your car and you will have a low heat rating.
- Use the following tricks to to avoid the police at high heat levels.
- Always check your mini-map for road blocks and helicopters.
- Use the speed-breaker at road blocks, hit the trunk or go through them.
- Do not worry about the helicopters. Just out-last them or hide under bridges.
- Watch out for SUVS, as they will try to hit you head-on. The best advice is to try and swerve at the last second.
- Do not forget your nitrous. It will get you out of many a tough spot.
- Pursuit breakers are helpful, but wait until the cops are directly behind you.
- Try turning and taking a lot of different roads all the time. You will lose most of the cops this way.
- Speed also helps; never break if you can help it. Although they can stay with you, you will have a distance advantage.
- Look out for rolling stops and box-ins. The best thing to do is pass a rolling stop, and back-up or nitrous you way out of a box-in.
- Police during races usually do not catch up to you, so do not worry about them in this type of situation.
- To get your heat down without modding your car, just leave it in your garage for a while. The heat will slowly go down.
- If you hit a spike strip of get boxed in, say hello to a strike and a fine. Always save the game before leaving.
- When driving to a car lot, shop, race, or safe house, it is difficult to get through town without getting caught by the police. If you drive through traffic without crashing or speeding, you will not get caught.
Levels of police action
The various levels of police action are as follows.
- Level 1: Marked patrol cars and cruisers. They mostly chase and try to run you off the road. If you have a quick car you will get away from these easily.
- Level 2: Unmarked patrol cars and cruisers, roadblocks. They mainly try to ram you off the road and setup roadblocks. Avoid roadblocks by doing an emergency brake lock U-turn or go through them. You can get through by ramming the cars on either end of the roadblock or by going through a weak point like the sawhorse or a gap between the cars. Use Speedbreaker to see the weak point in the roadblocks and use nitrous to ram straight through. Some road blocks will not extend all the way across the road -- you can go through where they haven not placed a car.
- Level 3: Marked GTO (Monaro) police cars, marked 4WDs (Rhinos), rolling road blocks, roadblocks. These are quicker and you need to use objects to knock down in front of them to disable them. Lead the chase with these vehicles through the cities to use knock down points (for example, the giant donut sign, etc.) to disable the vehicles and end the chase. Then, find somewhere to hide when you hit cool down mode. "Rhinos" will ram you from the front. Listen for the call over the police radio. You can usually see these coming on your map or on the road ahead. Depending on which car you have, you can get away with ramming them head on. Otherwise, just use Speedbreaker again to change lanes before they ram you.
- Level 4: Unmarked GTO (Monaro) police cars, helicopters, spike strips. The unmarked GTOs (Monaros) usually chase in packs and are very difficult to avoid. They will try to box you in by surrounding the car from the front and back and slamming the brakes to not give you any room to escape. Avoid this by staying ahead and using the same tactics used in level 3. For the helicopters, use tunnels and underground parking lots to escape from-them. Once they spot you, they can radio the police to your location. Spike strips are set up usually on main roads and highways. You can see them on the map, when you see only one vehicle over to left of the road not driving (i.e., pulled over). Aim for the police car and use nitrous to ram it and get away. If you hit the spike strip you will get caught.
- Level 5: You will not have to worry about this until you are at Blacklist #3. By then if you are still running and the level reaches 5, all the best and toughest police come out. The helicopters get more aggressive, there are more spikes, and more belts are called in on you. You must also deal with "cross" cop Corvettes. Cross and his team will apprehend you at all cost. Like in level 4. the unmarked GTO cars will surround and box you in and hit the brakes. Corvettes will also try to use rolling road blocks. If you run into the level 5, make sure you are in your fastest vehicle. You will need the nitrous.
- Level 6: You will only reach this level of police in the last race of the game when you already have retrieved the BMW M3 GTR that you have lost to Razor in the beginning of the game. In the last race, you will be up against a type of Corvette police car that has more power than the normal Corvette police cars. For the ultimate challenge they will make spike strips, road blocks, a more aggressive police chopper and more powerful SUVs. You cannot run away from then and the only choice is to go to the road that finishes the game when Mia will calls to you and indicates the place on the map.
Police radio codes
These codes are commonly used by the police. You should
be aware of them of their meaning to know what to expect.
- 10-4: Message received and understood.
- 10-6: Responding from a distance
- 10-7: Detailed, out of service
- 10-8: In Service
- 10-10: Negative, Standing by
- 10-20: My location is
- 10-23: On Scene
- 10-25: Out of Service
- 10-29: Run for wants and Warrents
- 10-32: Wanted Suspect
- 10-33: Emergency, officer needs assistance
- 10-34: Request Zulu unit
- 10-36: Police Unit traffic Collision
- 10-37: Request Wrecker
- 10-38: Request Ambulance
- 10-39: PIT Maneuver
- 10-41: Self PIT
- 10-42: Traffic Accident
- 10-43: Traffic Tie Up
- 10-44: Request Rhino
- 10-45: Ram Suspect
- 10-50: Hit and run
- 10-59: Herding
- 10-63: Offset
- 10-65: Vehicle box
- 10-67: Spike Strip
- 10-70: Notify city engineering
- 10-71: Request Air Support
- 10-73: Roadblock
- 10-75: Rolling Roadblock
- 10-83: Set up quadrent
- 10-85: Need additional unit
- 10-87: Vehicle pursuit
- 10-96: Traffic Stop
- Code 1: Situation under control
- Code 2: ASAP no lights or siren/ASAP lights, no siren
- Code 3: Lights and siren
- Unit request handles:
- Fast Air: Eagle 1 helicopter
- Rhino: SUV units
- Zulu: Sport pursuit Cruiser
- SRU: Street racing unit
Achieving higher Heat levels
- You will start campaign mode only being able to only achieve Heat levels 1 and 2 (City Police). By defeating certain Blacklist Rivals, you can then achieve the higher Heat Levels.
- Heat level 3 (State Police): Defeat the Blacklist #13 rival.
- Heat level 4 (Undercover State Troopers): Defeat the Blacklist #9 rival.
- Heat level 5 (Federal Authorities): Defeat the Blacklist #5 rival. After you beat the Rockport's Most Wanted level, Heat level 5 will then consist of both the Federal Authorities and Cross' Street Racin' Unit.
- Heat level 6 (Undercover Federal Authorities): On the final challenge (Challenge Series mode) and on the final level of Campaign Mode. Sgt. Cross joins in the pursuit in the final level.
- Use the following trick to get to Heat level 5. Race all the Blacklist racers and complete Career mode. Complete the final pursuit by clearing the gorge. Then, use the BMW MR GTR in all your pursuits. The heat on the BMW will never go under level 5.
Lowering Heal levels
To lower the Heat from your car, go to a Stop Shop and go in. Then, change the color of your car. Leave and do not move. Press Up to go back in and change the car back to its original color. Your Heat will be lower by 1. Do this multiple times to reach condition 1 again.
Always remain in Heat level 6
- If you start a new career, play the game up until you get to Razor (Blacklist Member #1). Then, get his race wins, milestones, and bounty. Before you challenge him, save the game. After you defeat him in all five of his races, a prologue featuring you, Mia, Razor, and all the other Blacklist members will begin. After Razor gets done taunting you, Mia will come in and reveal herself as a cop. The cops will swarm in. Mia gives you the keys and you will run. Before the prologue ends, Cross comes in and gets mad. He wants everybody on you. The prologue ends and you will be in your BMW M3 GTR. The police are on you at Heat level 6. Intentionally get busted. After the police camera leaves, you will be in your car, with the pause menu on screen. Choose "Quit To Main Menu". Save the game. Every time you now go to Career mode, the prologue will appear and you will go back to the Heat level 6 pursuit. Do not save the game again. Even if you get past the pursuit, do not save and you will always be able to play at that Heat level.
- If you have already completed the game, finish the Challenge Series. The last event will be in Heat level 6 and you have to last in pursuit for at least thirty minutes.
Avoid and remove strikes
After getting busted and taking a strike, turn off
the system the next time you get pulled over. Resume the game
and you will have no strikes again.
Get strikes off your car
If you get busted in a pursuit, turn off the game before saving it. When the game is played again the strike will be gone. Note: This will not work if you can only get one more strike.
Getting past roadblocks
When in a pursuit (at mostly heat levels 3 to 5) there are roadblocks with SUVs and other cars. Do not hit them in the front. The engine is there and will slow you down, even with Speed Breaker. While driving toward the roadblock, go very fast. Then, use Speed Breaker and turn so the left or right front corner of your car is facing the cop's side. You can go through that way, or turn slightly more to get through the roadblock with ease.
If you are driving toward a Pursuit Breaker and there
is a spike strip immediately after it, do not hit the Pursuit
Breaker. During the intermission sequence, the CPU will take control
of your car and will drive through the spike strip, ending the
- Get some cops after you then go to the bus stop. Go on top of the buses. Make sure that the front of the car is at the edge of the last bus so that the cops can see you and do not lose you. Keep looking behind you because the cops will sometimes find a way on top of the buses. When they do that, just reverse as soon as you see them coming and push them off. Only one cop car will come on top of the bus. Do this for as long as desired. When you want to lose them, just reverse, park in the middle of the buses, and wait until your cool down bar fills. The cops will also drive crazy and crash into themselves, giving you extra bounty and bring up your rap sheet rankings on police vehicles immobilized and police vehicles involved.
- When you get to third place on the Blacklist, more Bounty is required before you challenge the next racer. The best strategy is to go to number 11 on the Bounty selection screen. Build up your Bounty by knocking into the side of police cars. Do not go too fast and keep "lightly" hitting into the sides of the cops until you reach level 3 or level 4 heat. Notice how quickly your bounty points mount up and milestones should be unlocked faster by taking your time. If roadblocks appear, use your nitrous and blast through the cops. Afterward, slow down and keep "lightly" hitting into the sides of the cop cars. Accumulating bounty points becomes easier using this method.
- When you have a bounty of four or five heat, use the following trick to get lots of bounty and/or some milestones (like the time bounty). First. select "Blacklist" then "Bounty" and choose the first bounty location. Quickly bust out of the police station and take a right, making sure that the police that started the pursuit are still behind you. Keep going straight past the gas station until you reach the bus station. Enter the bus station and do a 180 up the right ramp. Drive with a little speed and jump on top of the buses. Make sure you do not fall off the buses and try to go to the front-most bus as much forward as possible. The police will go crazy, smashing into the buses and each other. This is an excellent way to rack up bounty and some milestones. Occasionally some cops will get smart and be able to get up the ramp to the buses. When this happens you can do one of two things. The first is to go in reverse and smash the cop off the buses. The second, and easier option, is to wait until the cop gets a little close to you and jump of the bus. As soon as you hit the ground, press Back to respawn on top of the buses and the cop will have fallen off. When you want to escape, try hiding in the middle of the buses. You can then reach cooldown and remain stay hiding in the middle until it is done.
- Get into a chase with the police and drive towards the bus station. Instead of sitting on top of the buses, go straight up the ramp on the right and drive towards the end. The police will not be able to reach you there and you will begin to rack up a large bounty. When you need to lose them, go backwards and forwards a few times. They will slowly begin to leave. Once there are only one or two police cars remaining, reverse into the station just out of sight and wait for evasion bar to reach the maximum. Then, drive away with as much bounty as desired. Also, do not worry about looking behind you, as the police will not go up there if you are at the very end.
- In any car in free roam mode, you will notice a lot of huge eighteen wheelers about. These are a great opportunity to earn lots of bounty points. When you speed under these correctly in a chase, they will stop. Any cops chasing you will smash into them and explode. This is a great method, but requires a lot of practice.
- During a pursuit, access the map. Close to the middle of the map (if you have all the regions unlocked), there is a space that is very big with A Pursuit Breaker above it. This is the bus station. Set your GPS for that Pursuit Breaker. When entering the station, if you are facing the ramps, take the one on the right and go all the way down. The cops will not come up the ramp with you. When your bounty reaches the desired amount, back up, but do not fall off. Use your nitrous and drive towards the gas station on your right. From there, turn right and hit the doughnut shop, and later the water tower. There is a very small chance all the cops will survive all three Pursuit Breakers.
- Go to the bus station. Go through the glass, and driv eup to the ramp to the left or the right. When you go up the ramp on the left, there will be buses lined up. Stay as close as you can to the end of the buses. You can do this on both sides. If you are notified that you have evaded the police, off the buses then go back on them. They will not go on the buses.
- To gain bounty without getting heat, get into as many pursuits as possible before defeating Blacklist Rival #13. Your heat level will not go above heat level 2.
- Use the following trick to get an easy $100,000 bounty. Activate the Blacklist menu. Then, go to the bounty challenges. The first one should be at the police station. When you start it, there should a squad car directly in front of you. Hit it head on then hit the radio tower after the car. You will then be on the main road. Go to the safe house that is down the street. You will get $10,000 bounty. Do this ten times. Note: You need condition 4 to do this. Do not be surprised if you cannot get in the safe house.
- Use the following trick for easy bounty and milestones. First, go to the "Bounty" icon, then go to the police station. From there, go straight then turn right. Keep going straight until you pass the gas station, then turn right into the bus station. Swerve to the left until you are in line with the ramp behind you. Start backing up using your rearview mirror as a guide. You will smash through the glass and continue to drive backwards along a cemented rooftop. Back up all the way to the end and just wait it out. The cops will smash their cars to bits and even become disabled, which will add to you property damage. The more you wait, the more cop cars will get smashed, and the more time you spend up there, the more your bounty will go up. This will also increase your milestones.
- Take one car from your garage that you are not using. Heat it to at least to the level 3. Go the bus station. Make sure to have one police car in front of you, because they will stop and block you to the corner. Also try to avoid big cruiser cars like jeeps. Although they do give you a lot of bounty, if you lose control of your car you will get busted. When you get to the bus station get on top of the buses. Go to the corner and turn around facing the windows. You can stay there as long as desired, but watch out for the cops to get on the top of the buses. If that happens, push them off by using your nitrous. If you stay there until level 4 or 5, be very careful. The cops will try to push you off. Also watch out for two cop car on the top of the buses. Simply hit reverse and jump off the buses then quickly go around on the top. After awhile you will get over 500,000 bounty. You can do that as many times as desired.
- To get good bounty get your car's heat to level 3 or higher. Stay close to the Pursuit Breakers to lose the cops faster. Get your bounty to around $200,000 and lose the cops as quickly as possible. Do not go to the bus station.
- Go to the boardwalk. At one end is a water tower. When the chopper is over you, hit the water tower. The chopper will crash and you will receive 40,000 in bounty.
- Get to a five heat wanted level, then go onto the Rockport Freeway with the police in pursuit. Keep going around in a circuit on the freeway until you have completed all your milestones and have the desired amount of bounty. Then try to get all the police off you by hitting as many Pursuit Breakers as possible. Once that is done, go to a hiding place. If done correctly you can earn a large amount of bounty.
- When you first start the game (after the introduction where you lose the car), it is impossible to get over two levels of heat. You can use this to your advantage, because you can go on the buses and there will not be any helicopters or SUVs. Also, the cars are dumber and almost never come up on the top where you are. To complete the game easily keep doing this until you have over 10 million bounty (the requirement amount to challenge Razor). Note: Do this as soon as possible, because after you defeat a certain number of Blacklist members you can get the maximum heat and this trick will no longer work.
- Use the following trick to get bounty without the risk of being busted. If you have police after you and cannot get away from them, drive to the bus station. Drive up the ramp and on top of the buses. If they were far enough away from you when you reached the buses they will not come after you. You can sit on top of the buses for as long as desired and still get bounty for the pursuit duration. Note: Sometimes the police will drive on the buses; in that case be ready to drive off the buses and away to safety.
- In the later levels, you may find it harder to evade the police using the second story of the bus station. Under level 3 and 4 Heat, the police can and will chase you to the second floor making evading a bit harder. The easiest way to avoid capture by the police under these Heat levels is to lead the pack to the amphitheater. On your map, it will be a small circular opening among the roads. Drive in a circle around the covered stage until the cops are a bit behind you. Then, make your way to the stage via one of the convenient ramps on either side. The police will not follow you and will eventually retreat. The helicopter will hover above for the duration of the pursuit and will eventually give up. If you need more Bounty after the police have left, go round up some others and repeat the tactic.
- When you have access to Rockport (final borough), speed on the main highway that loops around. This is a good way to rack up some bounty. If you are speeding along the highway, take one of the turns off of it. If you are at the correct turn off, there will be two exit things. One will be a low wall and another will be a jump. Make your way at top speed without the police, and try to lose any cops on your tail. Stop just before the jump and you will enter Cooldown mode. This may require a few attempts. Only do this when you are not up to heat level 4 because the helicopters will always find you.
- When in a pursuit, drive to the bus station in Rosewood (by Diggy's Cafe). There should be a line of buses, and on the other side is a platform. Go on the platform. The police will not be able to get you.
- To get some easy Bounty, do not cool down your best car in any way. Once it gets up to Condition 5 (or Heat level 5), you will get about 1,000,000 bounty per pursuit if you can drive well.
- For more easy bounty, go on the highway and just drive around. Highway 201 (the one that runs by the stadium) and Highway 99 (the one with all the intersections) are recommended.
- When in pursuit, go on Highway 99 (Rosewood). In a police pursuit, travel around the highway counter-clockwise. Do not spin out, hit spikes, or get rammed by SUVs to prevent busting. Once you are happy with the bounty, milestones, and do not have any choppers, use Speedbreaker and turn into the stadium. Hit the Pursuit Break, go to the other end, then hit that Pursuit Breaker. Once in Cooldown mode, turn back to the freeway, and if possible, park yourself in the "Cooldown Corner". If this is not possible, just park on the edge of the stadium and the cops will not get you.